October 2008 - Mika in Brazil?!?

robertina

So why didn't Mika just say "no, I'm not going to Madrid (or wherever)" if he wasn't in some sort of discussion with them? I agree about not trusting festival organisers, but I'm not convinced we can trust artists either- he probably meant "yes- unless I get a better offer"

When you put it like that... it does sound like Mika was possibly in discussion, otherwise why not be straight up with Sara?

Of course I can't be certain, far from it, but I personally think that it's the second.

If he's considering it or in discussions with the festival people but he hasn't signed a contract yet, he won't be able to confirm (and the festival shouldn't really announce it either, but that's a different thing altogether).

So yes, I believe that he was thinking at that poin that he was probably going to do it but it wasn't all tied yet, and he didn't want people buying tickets just for him if it ended up falling through.

I think that this happens quite often, that festival sites or organisers 'announce' artists with which they haven't actually formalised anything, nothing has been contractuallly agreed, and then they just drop them at a later stage if it falls through.

They get their sales, and nobody can claim anything because in their terms they always state that 'any act can be removed and you are not entitled to anything bla bla'

For me it's crystal clear.

Oh by the way: he DID do this gig (Madrid 190708)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really? :mf_rosetinted: thanks for bump this thread to remember me that Mika

still didn't come to Brazil :mf_rosetinted:... or South America, stupid boy :mf_rosetinted:

yep :mf_rosetinted:

he has to come here :mf_rosetinted:

We don't say that.:bleh:. We used to say Mika might be coming in October 2008. But that's a long story.:naughty:.

hopelly we`ll see him this year.. it depends when he starts touring and the released of his new album.