Oldlings Part 20

Laurel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi folks :)

Wanted to pop in earlier but I fell asleep.

Son came to see me for half an hour, then hit a deer on the way

home, so he came back to the house to calm down a bit. I miss

being here - unless its on my phone in the middle of the night :blink:

Hope everyone is well :thumb_yello:

Hey Wendi, that must have been a shock for your son. I hit a monkjack once in my little Vauxhall Nova and that shook me up, strangely the monkjack just jumped up and ran off, not liimping or anything!

Are you any better today?

Hey Wendi, that must have been a shock for your son. I hit a monkjack once in my little Vauxhall Nova and that shook me up, strangely the monkjack just jumped up and ran off, not liimping or anything!

Are you any better today?

no - my shoulder is still very sore, and I still cant use my right arm. Have

had to arrange lifts to and from work for the girls today!

Jamie was very shaken, and the deer was lying at the side of the road, but

was not dead. He didn't know what to do. His car has a small crack on the

grill, and he was going quite slow, so I hope it was just stunned. He has

got home safely, just waiting to hear if the deer was still there when he

drove past.

mikamagicn.jpg

This is my goodnight photo to myself. Sweet dreams to anyone here,

or anyone who pops in :huglove:

And what a lovely photo it is too ;-)

Night Wendi, sleep tight (hopefully) and sweet dreams.

hi folks :)

Wanted to pop in earlier but I fell asleep.

Son came to see me for half an hour, then hit a deer on the way

home, so he came back to the house to calm down a bit. I miss

being here - unless its on my phone in the middle of the night :blink:

Hope everyone is well :thumb_yello:

hi wendi,

glad to hear you son is ok. my sister's hubby hit 3 deers at the same time last summer. he couldn't avoid them. he was ok.

take good care of yourself...

see you around mfc!

by the way, on my way home tonight i saw a license plate number

828 MFC... i thought it was funny ;o) bye!

Just popped in to say Hi :)

What a day! We went to a party last night and it did not stop raining! The 'marquee' blew down the beach and the whole thing was moved indoors. Then the wind kept up all night and today. There are leaves and twigs raining down!

Still, I've bought a mask and snorkel, so I'm going to have a bath instead of a shower and practise.

Bye

~x~

LMAO, oh Ruth!!! I can just picture you snorkelling in the tub.:roftl:

I'm not sure a hot spainish boy would like a pasty, chubby English girl:naughty:

Oi! Jemma, I have seen pix of you - you're a gorgeous girl! If it's a hot Spanish boy you are after, go get 'em girl!

Night hun:wub2:

I won't be on tomorrow as I am going to see Tegan and Sara

See you tuesday

night all x

Ah, will Mika be there with his entourage, as Sariflor found at another concert of another artist he likes??? ...something tells me...Jemma's gonna be dancing with the devil! :naughty:

Hello Nighthawks & Nightfoxes!

Wendi - I give very good injections - people have bared their U-no-what then asked me when I am going to give the needle when I am already done! :naughty: Wish I could help...look into the extended release meds... there is MS Contin - 12 hr morphine, for example.

On a lighter note, here is Rose's "fruity" costume - a bit of an identity crisis!

fruits.gif

Local anesthetics dont work for me - some thing to do with the

ME!! I had 5 injections in my head to remove a lump, and I felt

every cut and every stitch!! :boxed:

The deer was dead when Jamie went back down the road :tears:

A fox!! They are so pretty. The farmers here shoot them as they

kill the lambs. We also have badgers here - they are cute as well!

Hello Nighthawks!

Wendi - I give very good injections - people have bared their U-no-what then asked me when I am going to give the needle when I am already done! :naughty: Wish I could help...look into the extended release meds... there is MS Contin - 12 hr morphine, for example.

On a lighter note, here is Rose's "fruity" costume - a bit of an identity crisis!

fruits.gif

I can take injections anywhere - but not cortisone in a muscle/area

that is agony even to the lightest touch!!

Will ask doc re slow release meds!! :thumb_yello:

That is one cute costume - I am finding it HARDER as each clue comes

out :naughty:

I wondered the same thing, Leona. How are you doing?

Well, I going to hit the sack shortly. Hope everyone gets some quality pillow time. Feel better, Wendi! :huglove"

Thanks Patty - sweet dreams to you :huglove:

Hello ladies (and the occasional gent). Sorry to hear that you've been up in the middle of the night again Wendi! I hope you heal soon.... you've got a gig to go to! never mind everything else you've got going on in RL.

Heal well and quickly Oldlings! *wishes she could wave a magic wand and have everybody well again*

Well I'll leave you with a picture (sorry Rose, couldn't find a snuggly neck one)

mika31.jpg

I love the VPL thing he's got going on lol!

Thank you!

I stole the tomato thing from someone on the MFC who said that I could have it if I wanted it.

That would be me you stole it from... Although you didn't actually steal it. You did ask, rather nicely.

Just in case Kath looks in

f8e2e852.jpg

:bye:

Smoocharoonie!!!:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: Wow! And I'll say it again. Backwards even... Wow! What a gorgeous smile. *sigh*

Hi guys... back again... had a crap day at work...

I wanted to go home again within ten minutes of me getting there this morning...

Nobody could be bothered to do any prep yesterday for today... by prep I mean - for pie shop - everything that needs cooking first thing in the morning is put on trays and loaded onto racks for the next day... and then put into a chiller overnight.... can take upto and hour and a half to do this depending on how much food you need...

Had to do it all myself when I got in this morning... was not happy as put me seriously behind....

I sometimes think the people I work with are bloody lazy...

I wouldn't mind - but I'd never dream of doing that to someone else... maybe I should start doing it as everyone else seems to get away with it...

Apart from that ... It was a normal busy Sunday, really nice weather here though... glad to be home now...

Can you not make a big song and dance about it? I mean, it's nice to keep a pleasant working environment, but sometimes you need to voice your displeasure. You have as much right to expect that they will do the prep as they would have to expect it from you. Who would you complain to?

It won't matter - it's a diversionary tactic so that Jemma can stuff Mika in a backpack and we can bundle him off to Australia.

Eventually

Thanks for the sentiments Silver! Woohoo! I support this course of action wholeheartedly. And I applaud Rose's efforts in this endeavour, sacrificing her modesty to help out the Aussies.... hehe! Not to forget Jemma, who has the altogether difficult task of trying to fit 6'3" Mika into a backpack... although as Guylaine said in Karen's birthday thread... Mika IS bendy:naughty:

Oh, and none of that eventually rubbish!

Jemma - inspired by your example, my inner teenager made me buy a mad pair of shoes yesterday.

I went out to buy a pair of sensible flattish bronze sandals for work, and we ended up with a pair of stone and blue shoes covered in rainbow dots, with a zigzag blue leather strap.

God know what I will wear them with. I've never been into shoes my whole life.

Mika's made me mad, you know.

You can't blame Mika for that you know!

Oh yes - he seemed very skinny when he started - but he's more muscular now :mf_lustslow: Though I prefer lean men so I hope he doesn't get too much bigger

Mmmmmm, lean men! Yes!!! (I'm married to one)