How much do you love me

Hmmmm one day sigh

Toy Boy , Blue eyes FABBY songs dont get me wrong .. but they should of been kept as the EP project .. this song was a little gem :wub2:

Yes. Definately should have been just for the EP...it would have made the EP really special.............now that two of the songs are on the album it reduces it's 'value'...............not in monetary terms but from a musical viewpoint.

HJ and HMDYLM were two songs that I was really looking forward to.

Me too, i really wanted to hear how he was going to change them. Especially HJ since the live version is so simple!

Hmmmm one day sigh

Toy Boy , Blue eyes FABBY songs dont get me wrong .. but they should of been kept as the EP project .. this song was a little gem :wub2:

They fit better on the EP than TBWKTM. they don't have the right feel for the album and kinda feel like they were just thrown in to take up space.

Yeh I kinda felt HJ was a little dated really , purely as I heard it sooo much , but who knows on the album could of been ace ...

But for sure the da da daaaa of how much do you loveee meeeee is fabby

Could have been....should have been :sneaky2:

Im with I love the EP , it was never going to be a commercial success it was a project .. now for me

1) Why on earth did it happen just before the album relase? , surely between LICM and the new album would of made more sense .. both as a project and also to keep his fans interested.

2) The songs are fabby , different but fabby , but not for the album .. :shocked:

Its too bright to take those dark songs

Im with I love the EP , it was never going to be a commercial success it was a project .. now for me

1) Why on earth did it happen just before the album relase? , surely between LICM and the new album would of made more sense .. both as a project and also to keep his fans interested.

2) The songs are fabby , different but fabby , but not for the album .. :shocked:

I agree with this.

What a coincidence your discussion here! I just downloaded HMDYLM from Youtube and cant't get enough of listening it, despite of the poor sound quality. When I first dicovered it, well at least year and a half ago, I thought that it was a Eurorythmics cover! But very often the best of Mika's songs seem so familiar to me at once, but are very unique at the same time.

I agree that the release was a little....oddly timed. it should have been earlier or he should have waited until after TBWKTM.

But I do disagree with you about the 'being too dark' bit. I think this album is just as dark as the last. Which I thought was actually pretty dark.

:blink: FD, I'm confused...

you're talking about the EP, was HMDYLM on a different version of the EP? :blink:

Do any of you have favorite links to videos/mp3s with good sound quality for HMDYLM? I've found a few, but I can barely make out the words. :sad: Thanks! :thumb_yello:

What a coincidence your discussion here! I just downloaded HMDYLM from Youtube and cant't get enough of listening it, despite of the poor sound quality. When I first dicovered it, well at least year and a half ago, I thought that it was a Eurorythmics cover! But very often the best of Mika's songs seem so familiar to me at once, but are very unique at the same time.

Here's an audio file of the best version I've heard:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LHNZN4B6

Man, I love this song. That first performance of it was what cemented my long-term Mika obsession. I think I still had a chance at sanity until then - but then when that first video surfaced from that show in Lille, I was SO hooked. :wub2:

That particular performance still sends shivers down my spine.

:blink: FD, I'm confused...

you're talking about the EP, was HMDYLM on a different version of the EP? :blink:

I think FD is saying that

A) The EP should have come out in the middle of the drought between LICM and TBWKTM, rather than just a couple months before TBWKTM, and

B) That Toy Boy and Blue Eyes are good songs, but too dark for the album and should have only been on the EP.

I disagree, simply because I LOVE Blue Eyes - it's one of my favourite Mika songs of all, and having it on the album means he plays it live regularly. That and, I think the reasoning was that Toy Boy and Blue Eyes are SUCH good songs that it made sense to release them to a wider audience than just those who bought the EP.

That said, I think he should have recorded a studio version of HMDYLM. But who knows? We never would have thought I'm Falling would surface as a ramped up song on the album, so maybe there's still hope. :naughty:

A) The EP should have come out in the middle of the drought between LICM and TBWKTM, rather than just a couple months before TBWKTM, and

B) That Toy Boy and Blue Eyes are good songs, but too dark for the album and should have only been on the EP.

I disagree, simply because I LOVE Blue Eyes - it's one of my favourite Mika songs of all, and having it on the album means he plays it live regularly. That and, I think the reasoning was that Toy Boy and Blue Eyes are SUCH good songs that it made sense to release them to a wider audience than just those who bought the EP.

That said, I think he should have recorded a studio version of HMDYLM. But who knows? We never would have thought I'm Falling would surface as a ramped up song on the album, so maybe there's still hope. :naughty:

Ah yes, blue eyes is :wub2:

And for sure it should've come out in the middle, we were dropping MFCers right, left and centre because he had no work coming out. :blink:

Yeah I'm falling being on TBWTKM was a bit of a :shocked: for me too, :aah:

As much as I would love love LOVE to have a recorded version of this, I really don't know how it could ever match up to the live version. With the vibraphone-thing and the vocals... it's honestly like being in another world. I'd love to have a recorded version, but I don't think anything could EVER top the live version.

He should play it more :das:

Here's an audio file of the best version I've heard:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LHNZN4B6

Man, I love this song. That first performance of it was what cemented my long-term Mika obsession. I think I still had a chance at sanity until then - but then when that first video surfaced from that show in Lille, I was SO hooked. :wub2:

That particular performance still sends shivers down my spine.

Oh my gosh, that recording is FANTASTIC!! :mf_lustslow: Thanks so much!!

If anyone is interested, here's a link to the audio ripped from the Lille show video (

): http://www.video2mp3.net/load/YouTube/Q1Nc3ncJZfw/?name=Mika+-+How+Much+Do+You+Love+Me <- the file will start downloading immediately when you click!

As much as I would love love LOVE to have a recorded version of this, I really don't know how it could ever match up to the live version. With the vibraphone-thing and the vocals... it's honestly like being in another world. I'd love to have a recorded version, but I don't think anything could EVER top the live version.

He should play it more :das:

I think that that was one of the reasons that I was so keen to hear a studio version...............because I couldn't imagine how it would sound. In lots of ways it just seems like a 'live' song.............but that is probably because that is the only way we have ever heard it.

Maybe he tried recording it and it didn't work:naughty:

Oh my gosh. I totally forgot how much I love THIS SONG! It somehow got lost among the ocean of Mika songs on my iTunes. I'd be interested to hear a recorded version.

And I must say I love that whe he performed it on the North American tour in 2008, how the ENTIRE front row of MFCers were singing it along with him! :wub2: he looked so surprised that we knew the words. :teehee:

Wonder if it'll be one of the songs he'll do on Wednesday night?

It'd be just right for the Kings Singers to perform with him. Keep my fingers crossed.

I think I may spontaneously combust if he does:naughty:

I really miss that song! I wish he would have put it on the album. Toy Boy and Blue Eyes are (as someone has said) better just on the EP, but HMDYLM, talking about the girl and boy running away from their disfunctional parents, would have fit the teenage theme so well.

It should have been a B-side to 'Rain'

yeah i agree!!:biggrin2:

Ive never wanted to hear a song so much!!! Id pay literally anything to hear it!!:aah:

If this song was a woman, i would marry her!!

(ok i officially went too far):naughty::naughty:

I was really disappointed when I saw it wasn't on the album, I'd do anything to hear a studio version of it, it's a brilliant song and deserves to be released!!!

Agreed!

I just hope whenever he does release it he doesn't change it too much. It might be good no matter what he does to it but I'm so in love with the way it is now :biggrin2: