• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"no children were harmed in the making of this video"

ouffff....

as you,i prefer the other,i'm a mum,and it's not good to see that..;even if we know it's not real....btw,they're genius,no???

Oh yes, they are fantastic :biggrin2: Really talented.:wub2:

I cannot believe this video though :boxed: It just gives me a bad feeling.

Obviously the child in this video was crying about something else, not the monster, and I am sure the child wasn't tormented in any way when the video was being made. It is the image as a whole I find disturbing though..

When you are a mother, the thought of your child being distressed by something like this is very upsetting. I don't mean to be patronising to non-parents when I say that I think you have to BE a parent to fully understand this.

Don't you agree?

The other Kids video- the unofficial one with the girl and the guy with painted faces - is much better.

i'm totally,and i think nobody could be offense by what you send...

but often we speak better about what we know ;)

do you undersdand why they put it know on the web?

No I don't understand why they have just put it online :blink:

With all of this Mika madness recently :naughty: I haven't looked at the MGMT website for a while..all I know is they are working on the second album. I am really not sure why they felt the need to make a video for Kids at this time.

No I don't understand why they have just put it online :blink:

With all of this Mika madness recently :naughty: I haven't looked at the MGMT website for a while..all I know is they are working on the second album. I am really not sure why they felt the need to make a video for Kids at this time.

as they put link for the discussion on thier forum,i just see on first pages that some fans was really excited to see it ;)

btw,yes,they work on the second album,i hope it'll be as amazing as the first is(as for mika :naughty:)

i have to go to work,:bye:

as they put link for the discussion on thier forum,i just see on first pages that some fans was really excited to see it ;)

btw,yes,they work on the second album,i hope it'll be as amazing as the first is(as for mika :naughty:)

i have to go to work,:bye:

A bientot :biggrin2:

Yeah well, I've got mixed feelings about the video.

I do feel sorry for the kid, but well, that was the idea for the video. I like the animated part and the part of the band in the vid. They look good in silver:aah:

I do think it was kinda late though.

Oh, and I hated the unofficial one.

• 2 weeks later...
New songs alert !

Dan Treacy

Congrats

It's working

and forgot :Smoke weed :roftl:

Wow...:aah: thanks vanessa.

Definitely a new sound they seem to be developing, sounds like the Pixies in places (ok by me :wink2:). Can't wait for the album, at least it won't be Oracular Spectacular part 2; that would be a mistake.

:thumb_yello:

Wow...:aah: thanks vanessa.

Definitely a new sound they seem to be developing, sounds like the Pixies in places (ok by me :wink2:). Can't wait for the album, at least it won't be Oracular Spectacular part 2; that would be a mistake.

:thumb_yello:

I won't expect them to make an Oracular Spectacular part 2 .Dan Treacy sounds a bit like T-Rex's "Children of the revolution " :teehee:

Ah they also changed their mind and the album will be released in January :biggrin2:

I think Andrew was joking when he said at the viva interview it would be released this summer on the internet :roftl:

I won't expect them to make an Oracular Spectacular part 2 .Dan Treacy sounds a bit like T-Rex's "Children of the revolution " :teehee:

Ah they also changed their mind and the album will be released in January :biggrin2:

I think Andrew was joking when he said at the viva interview it would be released this summer on the internet :roftl:

:teehee: Andrew, such a joker!!! LOL

Yes I also hear some T-Rex in the new music.

I'm sure the album will be good, and I am glad it's not out until next year..I will need time to get over the Mika album first before I launch into MGMT again :naughty:.

New songs alert !

Dan Treacy

Congrats

It's working

and forgot :Smoke weed :roftl:

greaaaaat!

thanks a lot vanessa!!!

it's cool when artist take all the time they need to do an album,don't have to

accept the pression of major:thumb_yello:

Oh,and do you see it?

Edited by FOUCHONNERET

yes!!!!

i have my ticket for the festival "rock en seine",near paris,the 30 of september..

the playlist:

THE PRODIGY, MGMT, SLIIMY, EAGLES OF DEATH METAL, ROBIN McKELLE, SAMMY DECOSTER, BABA MAAL, METRIC, KLAXONS, PATRICK WOLF, MACY GRAY, HYPNOTIC BRASS ENSEMBLE …

who wants to come????

frome their myspace:

MGMT TO SUPPORT PAUL MCCARTNEY FOR TWO SPECIAL SHOWS IN BOSTON ON AUGUST 5th & 6th

Brooklyn based alternative/pop/rock ensemble MGMT are set to directly support Sir Paul McCartney for two special shows at Boston’s Fenway Park on August 5th and 6th. News of McCartney’s admiration for MGMT broke in early June. Tickets for this special show go on sale to the public beginning Monday June 29, 2009 at 10a.m. EST at http://bit.ly/5eyHc & at the Orpheum Theatre Box Office or by calling (800) 514-3849. Tickets are not available for purchase at Fenway Park.

MGMT recently performed at The 2009 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival in Manchester, TN. Their 2am set on the morning of Saturday June 13th had press heralding their performance as the highlight of the festival. Spin.com playfully declared “Sorry, Mr. Springsteen and Mr. Anastasio: MGMT were headlining Bonnaroo -- and everybody knew it.” MGMT are also set to headline a sold-out show in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park on Wednesday July 1. The band will also perform at the All Points West Music and Arts Festival at Liberty State Park in New Jersey on Sunday August 2.

MGMT released their debut album, Oracular Spectacular, in January 2008 and was immediately heralded by press for it’s inventive and exceptional sound. The band spent all of last year touring the globe, building a worldwide fanbase, performing on French television dressed as pilgrims, and gaining the admiration of such musical revolutionaries as Prince, Jay-Z, Radiohead and Beck to name a few. Oracular Spectacular has gone on to sell more than 1.5 million copies worldwide. A long awaited video for their song “Kids” was recently premiered on the band’s whoismgmt.com website.

• 2 weeks later...

from myspace:

lundi, juillet 13, 2009

MGMT @ Treasure Island Music Festival

July 13, 2009 – San Francisco, CA – San Francisco’s Indian summer is around the corner and with it brings the 3rd Annual Treasure Island Music Festival, the West Coast’s most anticipated boutique music festival. Set against panoramic views of the city by the bay, Treasure Island Music Festival will stick true to form in offering an electronic and dance centric lineup on Saturday, October 17th and an indie rock lineup on Sunday, October 18th. With two stages and no overlapping sets, fans can enjoy every note of every act. Noise Pop and Another Planet Entertainment are pleased to announce the following lineup...

Saturday, October 17th, 2009

MGMT

MSTRKRFT

Girl Talk

Brazilian Girls

The Streets

Passion Pit

LTJ Bukem feat. MC Conrad

DJ Krush

Federico Aubele

Dan Deacon

Murs

Crown City Rockers

The Limousines

Sunday, October 18th, 2009

The Flaming Lips

The Decemberists

Beirut

Grizzly Bear

Yo La Tengo

The Walkmen

Bob Mould

Thao with The Get Down Stay Down

Vetiver

Spiral Stairs

Sleepy Sun

Tommy Guerrero

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

In only its 3rd year, Treasure Island Music Festival has garnered national acclaim and become a must see on the United States’ festival circuit. SPIN described it as a “full blown love affair,” while the SF WEEKLY claimed, “NorCal has its own Micro-achella” and declared that Treasure Island boasted “an impressive lineup with bands from all over the world.” PASTE MAGAZINE said, “For the second year in a row, a 70-year-old, man-made island in the middle of the San Francisco Bay was home to some of the finest live bands in the country.”

Treasure Island Music Festival will continue its tradition of exposing emerging and critically established artists to the tastemakers and fans of independent music… all going down smack-dab in the middle of the San Francisco Bay. In addition to the tunes, there will be a multitude of activities for the audience including a 60-foot tall Ferris wheel, an interactive art tent, a vendor village showcasing local designers and an array of healthy and affordable food and beverages.

“Treasure Island has a unique feel for a music festival due to its intimate size and beautiful setting. It’s very much a communal experience with artists and fans sharing similar moments together,” says Bryan Duquette of Another Planet Entertainment.

“We couldn’t be more thrilled with this year’s line-up,” adds Noise Pop’s Jordan Kurland, “It’s a well-balanced cross section of established veterans of the independent and electronic music communities alongside some of the most celebrated breakout artists of the last couple years. It’s also a chance to spend a day on an island with the Flaming Lips and a 60-foot Ferris wheel.”

A limited quantity of $99.99 2-Day tickets and VIP Single Day 2-Packs go on sale on Tuesday, July 14th at 12pm PST through http://www.treasureislandfestival.com. A VIP 2-Pack includes 2 VIP tickets to one day, 1 parking spot on island, preferred viewing area with bleachers, lounge with full bar and other amenities. Single Day tickets go on sale on Friday, July 17th at 10am PST. To off-set traffic congestion and the limited amount of parking on the island, Treasure Island Music Festival will be providing shuttles on and off the island to ticket holders at no additional cost.

Thanks :biggrin2: I'm also on their forum too (the freeforum one) :)

No i have never seen them live :( I don't live in the states or anywhere they have performed/is performing and I cannot travel to see them so, like mika, i have no hopes of seeing them live unless they come to my country :(

Have u ever seen them?

hello!

no yet...but i have a ticket for a gig in paris,30th,here:

http://www.rockenseine.com/2009/12-mgmt.php

i'm so so happy!

i'll see them for the first time,i'll remember my first time for mika..so amazing....

i hope they play some new sounds:thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...