the winner?

mika-fan1001

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hokay for you that wanna see it this is what I received!

Hello,

CONGRATULATIONS! You have been chosen as a winner for the Mika competition to attend his show in Paris on Friday. Obviously as we are very short of time I need to speak to you AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to organise.

Please can you call me on the number below? I can then book your travel, hotel, tickets etc.

If you cannot go now please let me know as soon as possible too so that I can give the prize to somebody else

Many thanks, hope to hear from you soon,

They sent me a follow up asking me to ring them again as I never got in touch.....obviously didn't think I might have found my own way there! Funnily enough tho I tried to read my emails on my phone in France but the connection kept dropping off so gave up!

I know I should be pissed about it as cost me a fortune and I was really stressed having to get tickets from ebay, took 4 days solid to find a decent hotel etc. But in a way I feel lucky that I was actually there!...by any means free or not!

Yeah, the organisation of the comp was bad....even if I hadn't been going already, there is not that many (ok I know SOME of you could just drop things and go but not that many...Yeah I have to admit I could too! :roftl:) and that could just organise everything in a few hours

.....but I still won!! (hope they remember this fact for the next comp tho! that I did WIN!!!.. but couldn't take advantage of their offer as they were so late deciding on the winners)

.....altho the thought of winning still makes me smile :thumb_yello:

As for the 02 thing I sent my tickets to Jemmalee as was too late for me to arrange to go then too!...another one I won but didn't!!!!...my luck is just not

in sync with MIKASOUNDS when it comes to organising things! :roftl:

xx

I WON!!!!!!

....altho only found out when I had returned from Paris as the message was sent after I had set off for Paris!!!

Wouldn't care cost me a blinking fortune too....not that I care as was truely amazing and worth every penny...cent!..Euros so stupid! lol!

So shame I missed out on this comp tho.....why is everything so last minute?

xx

Well, at least there was a winner - and from the MFC, too :thumb_yello:. I wonder who the others were?

I have to ask tho, why enter a competition to attend a gig that you are already going to?

Daisylou, it's very exciting that you won, and I think you have a wonderful attitude to say that you're just happy you were there. I'm glad you had such an amazing experience. :)

I really hope you will reply to the email and let them know that it came so late you'd already left to go to the concert. They really need to realize that this is not the way to do things.

Yeah...they just turned up a week and a half late hahah.

Although I think that's more the post offices fault than anything else.

It could have certainly been the post office's fault but if they're giving away tickets they should not rely on regular mail to get the tickets to you in time in the first place. Again, they need to realize that there are better (and more fair) ways to organize these things. Cool that you won though! And I agree, it makes it better in a strange way that he cancelled the gig anyway. :naughty:

Well, at least there was a winner - and from the MFC, too :thumb_yello:.

True! Good point... at least we know it was a real contest!

He/They did pick a winner though :naughty:. They were half-way there!:thumb_yello:

:roftl::roftl:

I WON!!!!!!

....altho only found out when I had returned from Paris as the message was sent after I had set off for Paris!!!

Wouldn't care cost me a blinking fortune too....not that I care as was truely amazing and worth every penny...cent!..Euros so stupid! lol!

xx

when was it sent to you daisylou?

Hokay for you that wanna see it this is what I received!

Hello,

CONGRATULATIONS! You have been chosen as a winner for the Mika competition to attend his show in Paris on Friday. Obviously as we are very short of time I need to speak to you AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to organise.

Please can you call me on the number below? I can then book your travel, hotel, tickets etc.

If you cannot go now please let me know as soon as possible too so that I can give the prize to somebody else

Many thanks, hope to hear from you soon,

They sent me a follow up asking me to ring them again as I never got in touch.....obviously didn't think I might have found my own way there! Funnily enough tho I tried to read my emails on my phone in France but the connection kept dropping off so gave up!

I know I should be pissed about it as cost me a fortune and I was really stressed having to get tickets from ebay, took 4 days solid to find a decent hotel etc. But in a way I feel lucky that I was actually there!...by any means free or not!

Yeah, the organisation of the comp was bad....even if I hadn't been going already, there is not that many (ok I know SOME of you could just drop things and go but not that many...Yeah I have to admit I could too! :roftl:) and that could just organise everything in a few hours

.....but I still won!! (hope they remember this fact for the next comp tho! that I did WIN!!!.. but couldn't take advantage of their offer as they were so late deciding on the winners)

.....altho the thought of winning still makes me smile :thumb_yello:

As for the 02 thing I sent my tickets to Jemmalee as was too late for me to arrange to go then too!...another one I won but didn't!!!!...my luck is just not

in sync with MIKASOUNDS when it comes to organising things! :roftl:

xx

Wow...you won...congrats:wink2: At least we knew there was a winner right? I mean a winner from the MFC...how great.

I mean here we were getting a bit upset that noone from the MFC won or whatever and even theories that it was a fake contest haha

Congrats once again daisylou:wink2:

I have to say that is so bad that you won but got it so late you'd already bought tickets off of ebay and had left for France... Am interested to know when you got the email too... really hope next time they do something like this... they organise it better... glad you managed to get there though... :wub2:

The email was sent on the 2nd of July but went in my inbox on the 3rd...that's Hotmail for ya!....could have used first class post would have been quicker!!

I left on the 3rd of July, so, it was my fault for not being there to receive it!!

Wouldn't care I was online most of the 2nd trying to get everything finalised for the next day and was still online early hours!

Like I said It was worth paying double for!! The show was an extravaganza!!...the best yet ...some would disagree but they are only a few! ask most people who attended and they would agree with me! :thumb_yello:

I just want to Thank MIKA! and MIKASOUNDS for choosing me to win the competition anyway.

xx

I WON!!!!!!

xx

OMG! *sorry i just read the message* THAT IS SOOOO AMAZING! how'd u like it?

The email was sent on the 2nd of July but went in my inbox on the 3rd...that's Hotmail for ya!....could have used first class post would have been quicker!!

I left on the 3rd of July, so, it was my fault for not being there to receive it!!

Wouldn't care I was online most of the 2nd trying to get everything finalised for the next day and was still online early hours!

Like I said It was worth paying double for!! The show was an extravaganza!!...the best yet ...some would disagree but they are only a few! ask most people who attended and they would agree with me! :thumb_yello:

I just want to Thank MIKA! and MIKASOUNDS for choosing me to win the competition anyway.

xx

thats sooo amazin! i knew that even if i won, i couldnt go, i dnt even have a passport.. *sigh* thats so great u won tho!!!!

who were u suppoost to call? thatd b amazing if it was mikas #!!! but im sure it wasnt :roftl:

LOL!! Yeah it would! .. but was just a person in an office who worked for Mikasounds. I think Meeks was kinda busy, but who knows he might of rang me back tho! :roftl:

xx

Really sorry you missed out on the competition Daisy... glad you managed to go though... must have been incredible... If he does anything like this next summer in London... or sod it even abroad... I'm not missing it again... :wub2:

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say that is so bad that you won but got it so late you'd already bought tickets off of ebay and had left for France... Am interested to know when you got the email too... really hope next time they do something like this... they organise it better... glad you managed to get there though... :wub2:

do I see oinkies up there in pretty pink wings...oh no course not cos PIGS CAN'T FLY!!

It was nice that you "won" but shame you only won NOWT looks like thats happened to you twice too eh and that is why I make the pigs comment, orgininization and Mika's lot just don't seem to speak the same language a lot of the time. (sorry but my negativity is cos I've been on the recieving end of it a couple of times as well) so no rose tinted specs for me, I now would enter Mika comps fully expecting it all to go t*ts up and if it didn't then hey.. :punk: bonus.

do I see oinkies up there in pretty pink wings...oh no course not cos PIGS CAN'T FLY!!

It was nice that you "won" but shame you only won NOWT looks like thats happened to you twice too eh and that is why I make the pigs comment, orgininization and Mika's lot just don't seem to speak the same language a lot of the time. (sorry but my negativity is cos I've been on the recieving end of it a couple of times as well) so no rose tinted specs for me, I now would enter Mika comps fully expecting it all to go t*ts up and if it didn't then hey.. :punk: bonus.

Are you an "Apple" in disguise? :naughty: