New blog!

lindemfc

Even if the winner is from France and unemployed how can they guarantee transport at such short notice? It's just been announced on MySpace today so when is the draw? The winners - 8 people - will need to be in Paris in less than 3 days. This is mad. :blink:

It's insane. They plan to coordinate four winners and their guests, in a matter of days? Especially since the contest was only released today on MySpace?

MIKA, I hope you're reading this; this kind of disorganization kind of makes you look bad. :thumbdown:

As I said, it's not rocket science, or anything major, but writing things properly will give it some sort of "presence" that it is now lacking, as it looks amateurish and just ..poor.

I mean, come on, I am not even a native english speaker; I'm sure that natives can even come up with more changes to it than I just did.

I have to agree! I mean, right now it would be an improvement to have things like this organized further in advance - but some more professional proofreading would help. Sigh. I love how it was worded on Mikasounds:

"If you want to win the chance to win 4 pairs and tickets, one night accommodation and travel..."

Um - win the chance to win?

:insane:

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's insane. They plan to coordinate four winners and their guests, in a matter of days? Especially since the contest was only released today on MySpace?

MIKA, I hope you're reading this; this kind of disorganization kind of makes you look bad. :thumbdown:

I have to agree! I mean, right now it would be an improvement to have things like this organized further in advance - but some more professional proofreading would help. Sigh. I love how it was worded on Mikasounds:

"If you want to win the chance to win 4 pairs and tickets, one night accommodation and travel..."

:naughty:

4 pairs and tickets................:blink:

well it seems to be down to luck whether you get a confirmation email or not, so I gess you do have to win the chance to win :insane:

Are there really tickets (and funds, considering Mika has said this

concert will probably cost HIM money) - or is it a very clever way

of getting more folk registering in the newly formed website?

That may be rather cynical - but if Happi or someone from Australia

won, how would she get there? I wonder if the winners will be

announced somewhere, or whether it will all be forgotten about in

the midst of large shoes and harlequin costumes.

:naughty:

4 pairs and tickets................:blink:

4 pairs of.....anything of our choice? Plus tickets?

Wow, this is like Xmas!! :wub2:

well it seems to be down to luck whether you get a confirmation email or not, so I gess you do have to win the chance to win :insane:

:roftl::roftl:So true!

So far I tried twice and failed- I guess it was never meant to be.

Well...Mika will :naughty: He'll get lots and lots of subscribers :mf_rosetinted:

No worries about that. He won't make use of that massive marketing instrument anyway. Or have you ever seen a newsletter?

Looks very spam to me. :naughty: "Congratulations, you have won! You are one of very few having the amazing chance to win! All you have to do is dial (insert random number) and lose all your money on hold."

:roftl::roftl:So true!

So far I tried twice and failed- I guess it was never meant to be.

I tried about 6 times with my hotmail address - nothing.

I used my yahoo one, and got a confirmation straight away - but the funny

thing is, the address you have to add to your safe list to receive more

emails is exactly the same as the one I already have on my hotmail for my

MikaSounds updates!!! :sneaky2:

No worries about that. He won't make use of that massive marketing instrument anyway. Or have you ever seen a newsletter?

Think I got one about Patrick Wolf once :mf_rosetinted:

I really don't want to sound picky, or anal, or critical, and I totally agree that it's a lovely thing that he's giving out these "ticket packs", but REALLY, Mika should employ someone who can spell to post these things.

It's about his image, his professionality, and how he will be perceived. He needs to present himself properly, and a mispelled blog is not the way forward. I'm not saying this to attack him, or to be horrible, but I think that this will not reflect well on him and his image, so it would make sense to take a bit more care with it.:thumb_yello:

:boing: Me! Me! I can spell! I used to be a proofreader! Organised is my middle name! I'd have it all sorted out in no time. :roftl:

This was stupid even when we saw it announced on Mikasounds. It should have been clearly stated that it was UK-and-European-only, for one thing. There's no way they can provide travel to anyone in the US, Asia, Africa, South America, etc etc etc. Just let them try get someone from the Philippines to Paris.

Even when we saw it on Mikasounds, it was too last-minute for most of us to give work notice or even change the plans we already had! Of course it's summer so lots of kids are free, but there's no way that they'd be allowed to go to Paris without a parent guardian/"guest" and then we run into the work problem again.

It's technically possible for Mika's team to arrange flights even at last minute, since you can buy a ticket in someone else's name for them to pick up at the airport. I'd just be worried about complications.

The only way something like this (where the winner is announced the day before the concert, likely) could possibly make sense would be if it was a Paris-only contest (or Paris and closest boroughs). Well, and maybe people from cities like Lyon, who can get to Paris in two hours on the TGV could make it as well, but really!

You should see the sweet grateful message I left on Mika's blog. :naughty::ap_rosetinted:

--Jack

Think I got one about Patrick Wolf once :mf_rosetinted:

Speaking of Patrick Wolf, he organizes his own contests a lot better. They're usually limited to whatever vicinity he's playing in (ie, London-only or UK-only) but at least they're announced some reasonable time before the end date, and don't seem like they'd result in messes.

--Jack

This was stupid even when we saw it announced on Mikasounds. It should have been clearly stated that it was UK-and-European-only, for one thing. There's no way they can provide travel to anyone in the US, Asia, Africa, South America, etc etc etc. Just let them try get someone from the Philippines to Paris.

Even when we saw it on Mikasounds, it was too last-minute for most of us to give work notice or even change the plans we already had! Of course it's summer so lots of kids are free, but there's no way that they'd be allowed to go to Paris without a parent guardian/"guest" and then we run into the work problem again.

It's technically possible for Mika's team to arrange flights even at last minute, since you can buy a ticket in someone else's name for them to pick up at the airport. I'd just be worried about complications.

The only way something like this (where the winner is announced the day before the concert, likely) could possibly make sense would be if it was a Paris-only contest (or Paris and closest boroughs). Well, and maybe people from cities like Lyon, who can get to Paris in two hours on the TGV could make it as well, but really!

You should see the sweet grateful message I left on Mika's blog. :naughty::ap_rosetinted:

--Jack

Read it!! :thumb_yello: Once my computer got to grips with the millions

of hearts someone has left in ONE post!!! It froze my computer :blink:

I have to admit being surprised there is not even a mention of closing date on this...

I mean I won tickets to see a Franz FanClub Gig at the beginning of June (9th)... the contest was announced on Wednesday... Winners selected by midday Thursday and you were notified within an hour .... I mean it was organised.... Franz seem to do it properly... I do know that one of the winners came from Germany - so managed to book flights for himself and his mother for the Monday... don't know how many won tickets from abroad... (there were 25 pairs of tickets up for grabs)... so 4 pairs should be easier to organise... if Mika had given himself enough time that is... I mean it's bloody Tuesday.... The concert is Friday... crazy .... I mean I entered, and am supposed to be working on Friday... maybe if they'd already announced winners I might not be so worried about begging for shifts off etc... but I'm off tomorrow so can't really go in on Thursday and beg at that short notice.... :eek:

They let me change for Franz as it is.... :(

Really hope I don't win this - otherwise I'm gonna have to go sick lol

That, and I also meant grammar and punctuation. I may be picky like I said, but it doesn't cost a thing to do things "better".

For example:

HIS BLOG:

First – we are re-launching MIKA's website very soon, to explain all about it MIKA himself has filmed a special message which you can see here.

Secondly – as you may know, MIKA is playing a massive show at the Parc de Prince in Paris this Friday on 4th July. This is MIKA's first stadium show and it's a sell out. However, the good news is that we have 4 pairs of tickets up for grabs – not only that we will also throw in one nights accommodation and travel also. All you need to do is enter your email and country location here.

Best of luck!

Mikasounds

My version:

First- We are re-launching MIKA's website very soon. To explain all about it, MIKA himself has filmed a special message which you can see here.

Second – As you may know, MIKA is playing a massive show at the Parc des Princes in Paris this Friday the 4th of July. This is MIKA's first stadium show and it's a sell out. However, the good news is that we have 4 pairs of tickets up for grabs – Not only that; We will also throw in one night's accommodation and travel. All you need to do is enter your email and country location here.

Best of luck!

Mikasounds

As I said, it's not rocket science, or anything major, but writing things properly will give it some sort of "presence" that it is now lacking, as it looks amateurish and just ..poor.

I mean, come on, I am not even a native english speaker; I'm sure that natives can even come up with more changes to it than I just did.

true. Have noticed that sometimes I have to re-read the Mikasound messages. I skim read a lot but punctuality helps, otherwise it all just kinda blends into one. I remember reading a Mika Mail (the newsletters he once sent to those who signed up - I haven't had a message for months. where are they?) and it had quite a few spelling mistakes.

Kinda made things a bit more real, I guess. Didn't look computerised if you get me. Seemed like a real person, but can also give the impression of unprofessionalism...as it also seems that they did not proof read what they were about to send to thousands of people. Or just a couple of lucky handfuls. haha.

I have to admit being surprised there is not even a mention of closing date on this...

lol, this would be the time when i'd re-write my experience with the myspace competition, but think i've written it to death now :roftl:

haha, this was so predictable it would almost be entertaining if it wasn't so sad for the winners.

It's not sad for the French though is it, they will be rubbing their hands with excitement knowing they stand more chance than anyone else in the whole world :naughty: