New blog!

lindemfc

I guess I'll never know. I really don't feel like searching through this whole thread. I probably wouldn't even find what you're talking about if I did :lol3:

You're so lazy, cupcake! :ap_rosetinted: It's basically the main topic of discussion here!

Here you go:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1590234#post1590234

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1589201#post1589201

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1589229&postcount=19

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1589258&postcount=26

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1589364&postcount=36

--Jack

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another conspiracy... ;)

not a conspiracy, it's what i would do:bleh:

naw,really i just found it off that the link lead to myspcae home page at first.

enter your e-mail and country "here"

here is the myspace home page

thats very true...

lol where are Mika's daily updates?

PJ has them in her pants. :mf_rosetinted:

So I guess that's why my pants felt like they were getting tight.

All the daily updates were hiding there!

ROTFL!! Oh totalllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! ;)

ZOMG

I'll learn how to type in a really big font like that too when I post. :cheerful_h4h:

well we all know the password is unzipnow :mf_rosetinted:

Too bad it's voice activated. :mf_rosetinted:

Ohh, don't you worry. She also posted about 4 messages in a row about how much she loved and adored Mika. Then I guess she decided to show him just how much.

Ri and Peej, it's cute to see you guys are being sweet and silver-lining-y there. I have to say, I know it's not a perfect world, but running a contest this way just seems so... rude. It's like giving the winer the winner the "prize" of stress and a headache.

--Jack

We were just having fun.

What are the chances of winning anyway? Slim. I'd just rather look at the glass half full instead of being depressing and looking at it half empty.

mm,no, there is one girl who put a couple thousand hearts (not an exaggeration) and took up almost the entire page:thumbdown:

not cool. I prefer "zomg Mikaaaa u r like soooooo HOTT" to that.

Agreed. :thumb_yello:

I see your point, but hey, if Mika can pull it off within that short amount of time then let him. It's a nice gesture, but it could've been posted way in advance.

Ohh, don't you worry. She also posted about 4 messages in a row about how much she loved and adored Mika. Then I guess she decided to show him just how much.

Ri and Peej, it's cute to see you guys are being sweet and silver-lining-y there. I have to say, I know it's not a perfect world, but running a contest this way just seems so... rude. It's like giving the winer the winner the "prize" of stress and a headache.

--Jack

But the thing is, they don't have to do a contest at all. It's not the Mika Team's responsibility to make sure everyone's got a clear schedule and feels all warm and fuzzy. A contest is a contest, and if someone wins and can't go, then they can't go. It's unfortunate how the dice are rolled sometimes. shrugiu0.gif

Also... people may think it's rude how they're running things, and maybe it is, but I think it's equally rude to be aggressive back. :huh:

But the thing is, they don't have to do a contest at all. It's not the Mika Team's responsibility to make sure everyone's got a clear schedule and feels all warm and fuzzy. A contest is a contest, and if someone wins and can't go, then they can't go. It's unfortunate how the dice are rolled sometimes. shrugiu0.gif

Also... people may think it's rude how they're running things, and maybe it is, but I think it's equally rude to be aggressive back. :huh:

It should be Mika's team's responsibility to have the site running properly, this is not all about the contest. the site/update in general is being discussed also.

peeps are just kinda irked because the contest is being run so poorly, announced on web sites on different days, last minute type deal, and perhaps it might be fake and just be to get peeps to sign up for the website. who knows.

we are not hating on Mika, just venting our frustrations, he is not perfect and we know it but there are things that can be fixed-and should be fixed.

I wouldn't call posting a few messages as aggressive. :blink:

Yup.

A contest is a contest. It's not up to Team Mika/Mika himself to make sure you have nothing planned. If you enter and KNOW that you're busy or can't go then why enter and hurt someone elses chances of winning and then complain that it was too last minute? :boxed:

That's just the way I look at it. He doesn't have to do a contest at all and also not all people are tied down that they can't do anything at the drop of a hat. A lot of people actually live like that. Sure it's running really last minute but we don't know how it'll be handle. They might actually be really good, pick a winner and guide them through everything and have transportation all set up that way you're not just stranded in the middle of Paris not knowing what to do. I'd just say don't bash it until we know how it was handled in the end... and if you win and don't have anyone contact you and you don't feel that you can figure your way around then give up the tickets and just don't go.

It should be Mika's team's responsibility to have the site running properly, this is not all about the contest. the site/update in general is being discussed also.

peeps are just kinda irked because the contest is being run so poorly, announced on web sites on different days, last minute type deal, and perhaps it might be fake and just be to get peeps to sign up for the website. who knows.

we are not hating on Mika, just venting our frustrations, he is not perfect and we know it but there are things that can be fixed-and should be fixed.

I wouldn't call posting a few messages as aggressive. :blink:

Well I was just talking about the contest, nothing else. I definitely agree that Mika should keep the promises he makes about those other things.

As for the aggressiveness, I wasn't necessarily referring to the things posted here, but what Jack posted on the MySpace blog.

Yup.

A contest is a contest. It's not up to Team Mika/Mika himself to make sure you have nothing planned. If you enter and KNOW that you're busy or can't go then why enter and hurt someone elses chances of winning and then complain that it was too last minute? :boxed:

That's just the way I look at it. He doesn't have to do a contest at all and also not all people are tied down that they can't do anything at the drop of a hat. A lot of people actually live like that. Sure it's running really last minute but we don't know how it'll be handle. They might actually be really good, pick a winner and guide them through everything and have transportation all set up that way you're not just stranded in the middle of Paris not knowing what to do. I'd just say don't bash it until we know how it was handled in the end... and if you win and don't have anyone contact you and you don't feel that you can figure your way around then give up the tickets and just don't go.

Yes indeedy. nodzz2.gif

Well I was just talking about the contest, nothing else. I definitely agree that Mika should keep the promises he makes about those other things.

As for the aggressiveness, I wasn't necessarily referring to the things posted here, but what Jack posted on the MySpace blog.

Yes indeedy. nodzz2.gif

ah, I didn't see what she posted on the myspace blog...but I agree with most of what she said here.

I dunno :) I like the fact that he is having contests, just not..maybe so close to the concert...cuz living far away it kills your hopes of winning lol

Yup.

Agreed :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

I don't know... maybe it's just being a bit hard on them.

They've got a big set of gigs coming up, and they haven't had gigs in a while, so maybe they're just super wrapped up in that :boxed: And you know how Mika's always so preoccupied with making his gigs the best.

Even though I do agree with some of the things said here, like PJ said, don't bash it until we know the way it was handled.

We'll just see how it goes, and until we find out if it was only for France or International, or if it was real (Why would they have one and have it be fake? :boxed: It doesn't really seem like Mika -not that I know him so well- , or like they would do that), then we can start making it a big deal.

:original:

My 2 cents :groovy:

I don't know... maybe it's just being a bit hard on them.

They've got a big set of gigs coming up, and they haven't had gigs in a while, so maybe they're just super wrapped up in that :boxed: And you know how Mika's always so preoccupied with making his gigs the best.

Even though I do agree with some of the things said here, like PJ said, don't bash it until we know the way it was handled.

We'll just see how it goes, and until we find out if it was only for France or International, or if it was real (Why would they have one and have it be fake? :boxed: It doesn't really seem like Mika -not that I know him so well- , or like they would do that), then we can start making it a big deal.

:original:

My 2 cents :groovy:

thats true, I just think that his timing was bad, I mean, putting up a new webby a few days before his biggest concert to date? and then having a contest?

seems a bit too much and thats why the mistakes bother me, it could have been released in a timely manner and been wonderful.

I think there is a Mika behind the stage we don't see, but I could be wrong.

The contest is still going. Mika's team just now sent out an e-mail to all of the old e-mails (the ones which wouldn't confirm) with the info about the contest.

cutting it close!

Yeah, I noticed that when I checked my email today. I thought I won :sad:

Yep, of course there is. Not to say that Real Mika is bad. It's just that we only see his public persona... and everyone wears a mask anyway. :naughty:

Of course there is a Mika we don't see. We see mostly what he wants us to see. You don't really know a person until you know things they don't want you to know.

But that guessing make this all the more fun:thumb_yello:

Of course there is a Mika we don't see. We see mostly what he wants us to see. You don't really know a person until you know things they don't want you to know.

But that guessing make this all the more fun:thumb_yello:

thats so true, I love wondering what he is actually like and stuff like that.

I have to say, I'm on the side of those who think this whole contest is a bit of a disaster.

Looking just at MFC - how many people are on here who don't attend class or have jobs? And of those people, how many are students on summer break who couldn't possibly travel to Paris on a weekday without a parent or someone with them? That might leave a handful of college students on break, or maybe some stay-at-home mothers. EDIT: And I'm not suggesting that only MFCers can win. I'm just saying that on this site, we have people of all ages, stages, and professions; and few, I think, who could reasonably be expected to run off to Paris on like four hours notice.

Even putting that aside - Mika takes the stage in about 60 hours. Let's assume that of those 60 hours, the person or people arranging this will be asleep for 16 of those 60 hours.

So within the next 44 hours, they're going to chose four different winners - then attempt to contact these winners by email, hope these people check their email multiple times a day, get in contact with these people, get their names and the names of their guests, arrange airfare, arrange accomodation, and arrange for ticket pickup?

Think about the logistics of that. Considering all the planning that will need to be done, even if the winners are from neighbouring countries like England or Spain - it seems absurd they'd leave it this late.

Even if the winners are all from somewhere in France, it's a hell of a lot to sort out on such short notice. It's also misleading to suggest that the contest is open worldwide - okay then. I'll believe that when we hear that winners were chosen from Asia, South America, England, and Mexico. Or something like that. What about people from countries that need a travel Visa to even enter France? Funny how that wasn't mentioned on the entry form!

Forgive me if I seem overly critical and rather skeptical. But Team Mika has a history of dropping the ball when it comes to contests and giveaways. And if Mika surprises me about this, then great - cheers to all those who win, and I hope it turns out really great for you. But for now, well, I'll believe it when I see it.