Go To Mikasounds - Blog Updates Thread

Fmbm

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the translation ER. I was hotfooting it back over here to find out, once I saw the French one and realised it was the same guy as the other vlog.

I had a problem with them too. Mostly cos youtube wasn't showing me number 12. It was like it wasn't there. And I'd only seen number 13 and left a comment about number 12 being missing and then suddenly it was there! I wonder if it was all actively being fiddled with while we were trying to watch? (I never even thought to check on whether someone was logged in!)

I left a comment on the old number 12 and it disappeared!!! I guess he got rid of it, then put on the new #12 and then added the other one as #13. In the meantime my comment went into NeverNeverLand. Oh well....that is where I am from <giggle> so it is all okay.

Wow, two new ones within one hour of each other, right? or within 30 minutes or so? :wub2:

in a resume of what he says

hi it's mika and i'm here with dorion (i think)

backstage in laroche francofolie

dorion wrote the words to grace kelly in french

he is telling me that i made mistakes while singing it in aix-les-bains

(then he tells him what mistakes he did) then mika tries to say the words properly. then mika says that he is a dunkey for making mistakes.

he explains to the guy that this is a blog.

the guy has no idea what a blog is, he thinks it is live.

the guy ask him where are the people? he said well this is a blog

not live. he asked him if he knows anything about computers and internet. mika calls him a donkey. (jokingly)

mika tells him that this is not a vacation movie, that it is a blog.

they are backstage right now, but they have to go back to his hotel in ile doree to practice french grace kelly and also another french song, maybe from joe dassin or michel fugain.

mika also mentions that politically, some people are saying he shouldn't sing at the francofolies, because he is not french. but he says that he was born in beirut, but his childhood was spent in france and that his first language was french. he gave an interview 20 min. before this blog and he said he was nervous but in the end, he will do what he does best and that is to sing on stage. but he will speak french. he has one hour to go practice and that he is wearing to watches to keep track of time

voila!

Voila!!! :wub2: Thank you sooo much! :wub2:

This reminds me of the fact that I am jealous of those who can speak French.

Damn it, I live in Canada and have the opportunity to take French classes in school. But after grade 9 I didn't. That's something that I wish I didn't do because now I would really love to speak French.

This reminds me of the fact that I am jealous of those who can speak French.

Damn it, I live in Canada and have the opportunity to take French classes in school. But after grade 9 I didn't. That's something that I wish I didn't do because now I would really love to speak French.

yeah, i did french immersion until grade 10 so i can get by with understanding interviews, it's speaking french which is much more difficult.

did you take french immersion until grade 9 or just the regular, core french classes?

mika was saying "un regard desjeux (?), un regard milieu, ou les deux a la fois

(which means "a look of games (?), a look from the middle or both at the same time) which makes no sense whatsoever

when he should have been singing is

"un regard degueux, un regard mielleux ou les deux a la fois"

(which means "a discusting look, a sweet look or both at the same time)

miel means honey

does this make sense to anyone?

i'm not quite sure where it fits though.. going to listen to french grace kelly now brb

(which means "a look of games (?), a look from the middle or both at the same time) which makes no sense whatsoever

miel means honey

i'm not quite sure where it fits though.. going to listen to french grace kelly now brb

thanks!! :wink2:

i think those lyrics fit where he normally says "am i too dirty, am i too flirty, do i like what you like"

yeah, i did french immersion until grade 10 so i can get by with understanding interviews, it's speaking french which is much more difficult.

did you take french immersion until grade 9 or just the regular, core french classes?

It was mandatory for me to take it from 4th grade up until 9th grade. After that, it was you choice.

thanks for the more complete translation guylaine.

Is anyone else having forum issues or is it just me? Everything's loading soooo slowly!

me too:thumbdown:

miel means honey

hmmmmm:blink:

anyway thanks:naughty:

miel means honey

Makes sense to me! Thanks for explaining!

Oooh, Mika...:blush-anim-cl::naughty:

it goes where he says in english

am i too dirty am i too flirty, do i like what you like

Yeah, that's what I thought.

this is the way i understand it with quebec french.

maybe the french from france will translate in a different way, but you get the meaning of it.:thumb_yello:

Thanks Guylaine!

from grade 4 through highschool, we had to take english.

my parents do not speak english. i refuse to speak it until i was about 13.

then i noticed that the english boys in town were cuter then the french ones... :roftl::roftl:

for the record... hubby is english :wub2:

and my sons are bilingual from birth, i spoke french, hubby spoke english.

now that they are older (university & cegep) we just mix everything up all the time, even within the same conversation lol but they do go to french school.

Just watched the video.

Oh lala (there's some French for you)...it was *coughboratvoicecough* very nice. Same shirt as in those blog photos, no? I like that shirt.

I have to say, I didn't understand a word...wait, let me correct myself...I understood 3 words: backstage, Grace and Kelly. Anyways, yeah, the video is cool. His French accent makes me smile:biggrin2: