Fmbm

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mika worries too much and doesn't say/know the truth. :sneaky2:

The truth is that the Francofolies are made for French-speaking people who sings in French. It's not only for French people. There are people from Africa, Canada,...

Even Air and another band (i can't remember the name but the singer is with Sofia Coppola) have never been invited although they're French because they sing in English.

But this year, they invited people who doesn't sing in French like the Do and Mika because of their relationship with France. The Do didn't even sing a song in French.

Don't call it "politics". It's only because it used to be a place only for French-speaking song.

Mika, don't be a drama queen. It's not against you. It's not personal.

Thanks Pamette! After seeing that Mika had made that comment, I was going to look up les Francofolies to see if I could understand more about the event and why he'd say that; you saved me the effort! :thumb_yello:

I think he tries very hard to carefully cultivate his relationship with fans in France, since people in that country have gotten so into the music. And maybe that makes him a bit neurotic. Notice how, in the second vid, he calls it "one of the most important shows they've ever done." :wink2:

Get your shovel Greta.. That horse has no control over it's bodily functions.

MeVd! It probably listened to My Bloody Valentine...:meow:

SACV BLé I'm so ignorant ahaha :floor:

A stereotypical french curse that is actually never used by real french people. Same as the mustache and the beret - something only non-french people think is typical of the French.

Non-French Guy trying to be French: Sacré bleu! I hev left my béret and stripy chemise in zee Café.

Real French Guy: *rolls eyes*

A stereotypical french curse that is actually never used by real french people. Same as the mustache and the beret - something only non-french people think is typical of the French.

Non-French Guy trying to be French: Sacré bleu! I hev left my béret and stripy chemise in zee Café.

:lmfao::lmfao:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Good, good.

Erm...How do you know that?

It's on the youtube page. Top left corner.. Last sign in: 1 hour ago :thumb_yello:

In think I got a 1724 vocabulary :floor:

what he has done to us?! :doh:

:naughty:

:lmao:

To say it with the Mastah's words: Mwhwmwmhwm....teheheheee..eee.e.eee...hnn! :roftl:

Mika worries too much and doesn't say/know the truth. :sneaky2:

The truth is that the Francofolies are made for French-speaking people who sings in French. It's not only for French people. There are people from Africa, Canada,...

Even Air and another band (i can't remember the name but the singer is with Sofia Coppola) have never been invited although they're French because they sing in English.

But this year, they invited people who doesn't sing in French like the Do and Mika because of their relationship with France. The Do didn't even sing a song in French.

Don't call it "politics". It's only because it used to be a place only for French-speaking song.

Mika, don't be a drama queen. It's not against you. It's not personal.

we actually had a little thing going on here as well. Sir Paul McCartney just gave a show on the plaines of Abraham, for the 400th anniversary of Quebec. The plaines of Abraham is a famous field, where french battle against english. french lost. In the news, some people felt that it was totally the wrong place for him to give a concert and that it was a lack of respect to the french, because he is british. the concert was free, for 250000 people. he showed up with a quebec flag, and later wore a jacket with quebec written on it with appropriate fleur de lys. he also spoke as much french as he could. people were impressed. :wink2:

[quote name='Kelzy;1666654

It's on the youtube page. Top left corner.. Last sign in: 1 hour ago

Thank you. :wink2: Nothing new. No subtitles. :bleh:

Thanks Pamette! After seeing that Mika had made that comment' date=' I was going to look up les Francofolies to see if I could understand more about the event and why he'd say that; you saved me the effort! :thumb_yello:[/quote']

I'm here for that. It's hard to know how things are really when you don't live in the country.

In France, we try to protect a lot our language (especially songs) against English (It's so easy because we're too bad in foreign languages :naughty:). This year, for the eurovision, it was the first time, a song was in English and people (included politics) were not very happy.

If you're French, you must sing in French. :bleh:

This year, there are many many artists who speaks French and French who sings a little bit in English. The francofolies changed the rules because of that. They wanted to allow other artists to come and I think it's a good thing as long as the original spirit (the French-speaking) stays.

I think he tries very hard to carefully cultivate his relationship with fans in France, since people in that country have gotten so into the music. And maybe that makes him a bit neurotic. Notice how, in the second vid, he calls it "one of the most important shows they've ever done." :wink2:

As he said himself before, he's quite paranoid. :naughty:

we actually had a little thing going on here as well. Sir Paul McCartney just gave a show on the plaines of Abraham, for the 400th anniversary of Quebec. The plaines of Abraham is a famous field, where french battle against english. french lost. In the news, some people felt that it was totally the wrong place for him to give a concert and that it was a lack of respect to the french, because he is british. the concert was free, for 250000 people. he showed up with a quebec flag, and later wore a jacket with quebec written on it with appropriate fleur de lys. he also spoke as much french as he could. people were impressed. :wink2:

We share the same problems. An English man to remember we lost. :naughty:

I understand the problem. What do you think about Québec in Canada? Does the people want really to be independant or is it a minority?

We share the same problems. An English man to remember we lost. :naughty:

I understand the problem. What do you think about Québec in Canada? Does the people want really to be independant or is it a minority?

it's a minority, but a good size loud minority :naughty: