Yearbook: COVER ART chat room!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the overall design, we chose the above idea.

On the inside: each of the members will choose a part of an animal and put it together into one really cool animal (like a Chimera) and it will be on a cicusy type pedestal. We haven't chosen the animal parts yet. There will also be other cirus randomness in there as well.

Letters for the title: we each chose a letter (in the Carnavalee font) and Kary blew them up and pm'd them to us. The letters will be black and white only (with no other colours). The deadline for having the letters finished it August 4th. There are some extra letters left over and we are trying to figure out how to assign them to people. findingmywords and myself (iadoremika) both want to do the question mark.

For the back cover: we haven't really talked about it that much but I think there was talks of having Kary's drawing (the person with the clown shadow) in there somewhere.

about the bolded part: i thought that idea was not entirely voted for because of the problem of coordination? because i'll be difficult to coordinate the size and colour of each part of the animal such that it will look whole...

and i've got my letter, thanks! :D

I just wanted to say that if I don't get the question mark, that's totally fine with me. But I REALLY want to do an extra letter and am open to doing any of them- even more than one, if noone else wants them.

about the bolded part: i thought that idea was not entirely voted for because of the problem of coordination? because i'll be difficult to coordinate the size and colour of each part of the animal such that it will look whole...

and i've got my letter, thanks! :D

Oh right...forgot about that. Hmmm...I don't know. Maybe we could decide on the size of the paper used (ie half a sheet of computer paper etc) or something like that.

I like Kary's idea of simplifying the things going on into one main subject, on the inside of the crystal ball and having the other random cicus-y type stuff surrounding it. Maybe there is some other way to have a main feature in the crytal ball (as the "centre of attention" so to speak) and the chaos surrounding it.

Oooohhh...IDEA IDEA IDEA---that "main thing" could be someone shooting out of a cannon!!!

When you say black and white does it mean just black and white or grey as well? :naughty:

I think just black and white no?

I just wanted to say that if I don't get the question mark, that's totally fine with me. But I REALLY want to do an extra letter and am open to doing any of them- even more than one, if noone else wants them.

Oh right...forgot about that. Hmmm...I don't know. Maybe we could decide on the size of the paper used (ie half a sheet of computer paper etc) or something like that.

I like Kary's idea of simplifying the things going on into one main subject, on the inside of the crystal ball and having the other random cicus-y type stuff surrounding it. Maybe there is some other way to have a main feature in the crytal ball (as the "centre of attention" so to speak) and the chaos surrounding it.

Oooohhh...IDEA IDEA IDEA---that "main thing" could be someone shooting out of a cannon!!!

I think just black and white no?

heelp I'm lost ! you're going too fast ! what's the animal bit about ? I don't get it !

Haha, this is a mess!

Ok, a few things to clear up!

Danika asks if greys are also included in the colours of the letters and I think it could look good with greys also, simple enough but with a bit more of life. I made this ones in Photoshop, I think BLACK, GREY AND WHITE have to be the colours.

HPe.jpg

HPe2.jpg

HPe3.jpg

About the question mark, Louisa got it right! :biggrin2: It's saved for Emerald.

About the Chimera: We could chose one drawer to do it, it's a looot more organized that way... any volunteers?? So, we tell the drawer which part of wich animal do everyone wants and that person draws all of the parts together.

UPDATED ASSIGNED LETTERS LIST:

1. Ankmet 20 [D]

2. Mozarella [E]

3. englishrose [E]

4. iadoremika [M and O]

5. MikaL00v3 [C]

6. Marianne84

7. Guineverer [O]

8. KaryLovesMika! [W]

9. Emerald [Question Mark (?)]

10. Meyer Twins [L and V]

11. Lovelove mika [Y]

12. Daydreambeliever [W]

13. hotdlp [H]

14. findingmywords [H and U]

15. Louiza [O]

FREE LETTER

O

Haha, this is a mess!

Danika asks if greys are also included in the colours of the letters and I think it could look good with greys also, simple enough but with a bit more of life. I made this ones in Photoshop, I think BLACK, GREY AND WHITE have to be the colours.

HPe.jpg

HPe2.jpg

HPe3.jpg

About the question mark, Louisa got it right! :biggrin2: It's saved for Emerald.

About the Chimera: We could chose one drawer to do it, it's a looot more organized that way... any volunteers?? So, we tell the drawer which part of wich animal do everyone wants and that person draws all of the parts together.

Oooooooooo!!! We can volunteer!!!!!!!!!:punk::punk:

Plus, those letter look fab!!!

heelp I'm lost ! you're going too fast ! what's the animal bit about ? I don't get it !

Kary gave me this link before

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(mythology)

Haha, this is a mess!

Okay, so we do include grays.

And we are doing the Chimera? I see...cool:wink2:

But what did people think of my idea as having a person (or something along those lines) being shot out of a cannon with other cicus-y type chaos going on?

FREE LETTERS

O x 2

U

I would love to do an extra letter. Or more than one.

Oooooooooo!!! We can volunteer!!!!!!!!!:punk::punk:

Plus, those letter look fab!!!

Sweet!! Let's wait to see if someone else volunteers for this! If nobody else does, the job is yours guys!!

Okay, so we do include grays.

And we are doing the Chimera? I see...cool:wink2:

But what did people think of my idea as having a person (or something along those lines) being shot out of a cannon with other cicus-y type chaos going on?

I would love to do an extra letter. Or more than one.

But you want that to be the main theme? I thought I read something like that. Like... the person with the crystal ball being shotted out of a cannon??

Ok! So you are doing an O.

Sweet!! Let's wait to see if someone else volunteers for this! If nobody else does, the job is yours guys!!

But you want that to be the main theme? I thought I read something like that. Like... the person with the crystal ball being shotted out of a cannon??

Ok! So you are doing an O.

Hahaha..I just put that idea out there. But the Chimera idea is great, can't wait to see how it turns out:wink2:

Okay cool:)

Haha, this is a mess!

HPe.jpg

HPe2.jpg

HPe3.jpg

Ooh the greys look good as well, great! :thumb_yello:

So what do the other people get to do if only one drawer draws the animal parts?

Hahaha..I just put that idea out there. But the Chimera idea is great, can't wait to see how it turns out:wink2:

Okay cool:)

Oh, haha... I see; but I think it would look nicer if we do it as it is. I don't remember who posted that drawing with the cannon, but it HAS to be inside the crystal ball, it look great!!

Ooh the greys look good as well, great! :thumb_yello:

So what do the other people get to do if only one drawer draws the animal parts?

The Meyer twins volunteered for be the drawer! You can volunteer too; eachone makes a drawing with the chosen animal part and then as we did with the front cover art, vote for the one we like best.

Oh, haha... I see; but I think it would look nicer if we do it as it is. I don't remember who posted that drawing with the cannon, but it HAS to be inside the crystal ball, it look great!!

What do you mean "as it is"? Just as a Chimera?

I think it was mozerella who had a cannon in her drawing.

What do you mean "as it is"? Just as a Chimera?

I think it was mozerella who had a cannon in her drawing.

No, noo!! I misunderstood you then. I thought you wanted to do a biiiiig cannon outside the crystal ball and draw the person that holds it being shotted!