Yearbook: COVER ART chat room!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooo, okay that sounds great!

Really?

Ok, we would need some animals, some confetti stuff. Balls and circus instruments. Maybe it would be better to an animal circus... no human beings there (what do you think?). We need a curtain of course, and the "Le Cirque de Mika). Let's drop the audience (what do you think?).

We could have elephants, lions, monkeys, seals, zebras, horses, etc.

What do you guys think? These are just suggestions.

Really?

Ok, we would need some animals, some confetti stuff. Balls and circus instruments. Maybe it would be better to an animal circus... no human beings there (what do you think?). We need a curtain of course, and the "Le Cirque de Mika). Let's drop the audience (what do you think?).

We could have elephants, lions, monkeys, seals, zebras, horses, etc.

What do you guys think? These are just suggestions.

Yeah that's cool. Yeah having an audience I think would be too much. Just animals would be neat. Everything sounds great!

Yeah that's cool. Yeah having an audience I think would be too much. Just animals would be neat. Everything sounds great!

:biggrin2::biggrin2:Cool!

I would be very happy to draw an elephant. What would you two like to draw?

What about the others?:)

How about like a seal balancing a ball on it's nose, or a tightrope balancer, a lion with the person holding a whip and chair, etc.

Yeah cool! I would do an acrobat cow if it's ok lol.

haha I forgot to change it:rolls_eyes:

do I have to or can the one who puts it all together do it?:D

Yes I did it in photshop CS3:)

I don't know, you have to ask Kary I guess:thumb_yello:

It's really well done!!

I'd like to draw my cannon-thingy:D

Oh, what is it?

We think this is a good idea. Then everybody would get to something in the crystal ball.

Exactly!:thumb_yello:

But there's still the problem of the material we use... but that's maybe not a problem, cause it'll be quite small, like the letters... Let's see what the others think!

Whenever we color, we either use our prisma color markers (when it's colored it looks like you did it on the computer. The colors are so bold.) or we use colored pencils.

Don't know what everyone else would use though. Everything would be small considering it's in the crystal ball.

I think I would use pencils. I have paint, but it's crap!

I think I would use pencils. I have paint, but it's crap!

We LOVE our markers. Our dad got us them. He's always liked buying us art stuff over the years because we want to make a career out of it. Those markers are expensive though. Like 100 dollars for like 20 markers. They color sooooo good though.

We LOVE our markers. Our dad got us them. He's always liked buying us art stuff over the years because we want to make a career out of it. Those markers are expensive though. Like 100 dollars for like 20 markers. They color sooooo good though.

Oh cool! Nice dad you have!!

I love art and for high school, I've illustrated a story I wrote (I mentioned it before, it's about a cow ^^). I could show you some of the drawings if you want to! I'd love to see what you do!

do you mean the front cover design? I have it on my photobucket, i can post it again if you need a reference to it :)

Yes, please!! If you can uploaded it with a bigger size, it would be very helpful. Thanx!! I got you letter.

What's the "Amelia Font"? Melanie said it was some kind of cursive font, but all I could find was this one: http://www.linotype.com/38/amelia-family.html Is that it??

l_e78fcb314f11eb7b6f32d1ec6f7e33a3.jpg

We said it was gonna be on black and white, so, I had to change the purple, cuz it wouldn't be fair for all of the people who wanted to do it with color.

l_e78fcb314f11eb7b6f32d1ec6f7e33a32.jpg

Hi!!:)

For me, you can do the front cover, you did a great job so far!! And the one you did with the crystal ball is really amazing imo

Wtf is that chimera thing? I've asked that 3 times, and no one wants to answer:tears:

Anyway, I'd like to participate more to the cover. I mean, do something more that just a moo letter:naughty:

The chimera thing, sorry that no one has given you an answer. A chimera is an animal created with different animal parts: body of a lion, head of a dog, ears of an elephant... an so on. We agreed that everyone will chose an animal part and one person (The Meyer twins volunteered for that) is gonna draw it, Zsina can also volunteer for drawing the chimera and after the drawings are done, we could vote for the one we like the most. The chimera is gonna be the center piece inside the crystal ball.

The chimera thing, sorry that no one has given you an answer. A chimera is an animal created with different animal parts: body of a lion, head of a dog, ears of an elephant... an so on. We agreed that everyone will chose an animal part and one person (The Meyer twins volunteered for that) is gonna draw it, Zsina can also volunteer for drawing the chimera and after the drawings are done, we could vote for the one we like the most. The chimera is gonna be the center piece inside the crystal ball.

Oh ok! So we would just have to choose a part? Not draw it? Cause we were talking about each drawing something that will go into the crystal ball and dropping the chimera thing. But we will have to vote again I guess. But if there's only one chimera, we could put the two ideas together, right?

Yes, please!! If you can uploaded it with a bigger size, it would be very helpful. Thanx!! I got you letter.

What's the "Amelia Font"? Melanie said it was some kind of cursive font, but all I could find was this one: http://www.linotype.com/38/amelia-family.html Is that it??

We said it was gonna be on black and white, so, I had to change the purple, cuz it wouldn't be fair for all of the people who wanted to do it with color.

l_e78fcb314f11eb7b6f32d1ec6f7e33a32.jpg

HERE IS A LINK TO AMELIA'S MAGAZINE. THE FONT OF THE MAGAZINE IS I THINK WHAT MELANIE WAS TALKING ABOUT. I DON'T THINK THERE IS A SET FONT FOR IT, JUST SIMILAR TO THIS. MIKA IS A SUBSCRIBER TO AMELIA'S MAGAZINE AND LOVES IT.

http://www.ameliasmagazine.com/

Can someone briefly tell me what it is gonna be like as I am interested but have not been able to go through the full thread. When I skip a couple of pages everyone seems to have changed their opinion on what's actually going on...so please someone?

xxx

Oh ok! So we would just have to choose a part? Not draw it? Cause we were talking about each drawing something that will go into the crystal ball and dropping the chimera thing. But we will have to vote again I guess. But if there's only one chimera, we could put the two ideas together, right?

He have talked about this already and we said that the chimera would be better, why?? Well, if the letters ar gonna be small, imagine 15 animals inside of tiny crystal ball... We choose one part of the animal and then one person draws it, 'cuz if everyone is drawing it would be incredibly hard to put all of the parts together.

Thank you Haley and Megan for the link of the font.

Can someone briefly tell me what it is gonna be like as I am interested but have not been able to go through the full thread. When I skip a couple of pages everyone seems to have changed their opinion on what's actually going on...so please someone?

xxx

that ALWAYS happens to me ! but sorry I can't help, I haven't read the other pages either lol

xxx

Yeah ok, so here is the main idea: a kid (Mika?) wearing a circus suit, holding a crystal ball (which is shining). Inside the crystal ball, there is a circus (Le Cirque de Mika). The title is "How much do we love you?" and each of us has been given a letter (or two) to draw. You can see Mozarella's E here.

We're now discussing the circus.

The back cover: Mika, from behind. His shadow is a clown.

It's the main ideas. Melanie wants to add "2008 MFC yearbook" on the front cover, in a font similar to the Amelia's magazine one.

Yeah ok, so here is the main idea: a kid (Mika?) wearing a circus suit, holding a crystal ball (which is shining). Inside the crystal ball, there is a circus (Le Cirque de Mika). The title is "How much do we love you?" and each of us has been given a letter (or two) to draw. You can see Mozarella's E here.

We're now discussing the circus.

The back cover: Mika, from behind. His shadow is a clown.

It's the main ideas. Melanie wants to add "2008 MFC yearbook" on the front cover, in a font similar to the Amelia's magazine one.

Thanks Hunnypie! :thumb_yello:

xxx