Yearbook: COVER ART chat room!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true, I know. Hmmm. Well, I put that we haven't yet decided who will put everything together. But perhaps Kary, if she's okay with it, since she's good at Photoshop.

No problemo:wink2: I hope you are enjoying everything:thumb_yello:

Edit: I have just sent the PM to Melanie :)

Thanks!!:punk:

I was thinking about something. We actually miss some confettis, maybe a curtain and a plaque saying "Le Cirque de Mika". Then, all we need to do (ok, it's not nothing, but eh) is wait for guiniverer to draw the thing and a person (maybe Kary) to put it all together, right? Then we're finished?

This means we're over. Except if we decide someone else than guiniverer will draw the confettis, curtain and plaque. If so, I'd be happy do draw the plaque:wink2:

I'm just thinking that perhaps we should get working again, since it has been a bit quiet in here lately. Maybe we can decide what the inside of the crystal ball will be like first. We were thinking rainbow coloured confetti, right?

And one other thing. Remember that Melanie metioned doing the Amelia's Magazine type font and I believe we said something like having "MFC Yearbook 2008" in the lower right corner (like when you sign art) in that Amelia's Magazine font. I would be happy to do that.

omg I haven't been on forever!! whats new?

Not much. Except that PM that Melanie sent out- in it she requested a summary from us (and the other major groups, ie the timeline team etc) and I sent it to her last night:wink2:

that's great:thumb_yello:

Thanks!!:punk:

I was thinking about something. We actually miss some confettis, maybe a curtain and a plaque saying "Le Cirque de Mika". Then, all we need to do (ok, it's not nothing, but eh) is wait for guiniverer to draw the thing and a person (maybe Kary) to put it all together, right? Then we're finished?

This means we're over. Except if we decide someone else than guiniverer will draw the confettis, curtain and plaque. If so, I'd be happy do draw the plaque:wink2:

I forgot to put about the curtain and plaque, but I guess that's alright, since the PM I sent her was a summary.

Yeah, I guess so. I mean, I think finalizing the final details, such as the curtain and cofetti etc would be a good idea.

I don't see why you can't draw the plaque out:wink2:

I'm just thinking that perhaps we should get working again, since it has been a bit quiet in here lately. Maybe we can decide what the inside of the crystal ball will be like first. We were thinking rainbow coloured confetti, right?

And one other thing. Remember that Melanie metioned doing the Amelia's Magazine type font and I believe we said something like having "MFC Yearbook 2008" in the lower right corner (like when you sign art) in that Amelia's Magazine font. I would be happy to do that.

Not much. Except that PM that Melanie sent out- in it she requested a summary from us (and the other major groups, ie the timeline team etc) and I sent it to her last night:wink2:

I forgot to put about the curtain and plaque, but I guess that's alright, since the PM I sent her was a summary.

Yeah, I guess so. I mean, I think finalizing the final details, such as the curtain and cofetti etc would be a good idea.

I don't see why you can't draw the plaque out:wink2:

Oh yeah! I had totally forgotten about the Amelia thing!!:shocked:I guess you can do it! In white, right?

Ok for the plaque (if the others are ok with me doing it of course^^). I'll try to draw sketches soon (not now cause I've drunk a bit too much - sorry, for the possible mistakes, I'm really sleepy now:naughty:)loool

Who wants the confettis and curtain?

You're right, it would be cool to work now, so guiniverer and Kary (if she agrees) can put the things together and so we won't have to rush to get the cover finished...

One more question, concerning the back cover: will there be only the drawing? no writing, nothing?

Oh yeah! I had totally forgotten about the Amelia thing!!:shocked:I guess you can do it! In white, right?

Ok for the plaque (if the others are ok with me doing it of course^^). I'll try to draw sketches soon (not now cause I've drunk a bit too much - sorry, for the possible mistakes, I'm really sleepy now:naughty:)loool

Who wants the confettis and curtain?

You're right, it would be cool to work now, so guiniverer and Kary (if she agrees) can put the things together and so we won't have to rush to get the cover finished...

One more question, concerning the back cover: will there be only the drawing? no writing, nothing?

Yes, I think it would be the best idea:naughty: But how is that done on paper? Wait- if I (that is, if the other members are okay with me doing the Amelia's letters) draw the words in black (on white paper), is there some way to change the letters to white in Photoshop?

Okay cool- I can't wait for those sketches:)

As for the back cover, I don't know if there will be any sort of writing on it.

Are there any previews of the cover? :naughty:

I'm being nosey haha

No, no previews of the cover, as of yet:naughty:

But just some updates, I guess you could call 'em...

1) I sent that progress PM to Melanie last night

2) I think guineverer will be doing the drawing of the person holding the crystal ball. And, if Kary agrees to it, she'll put everything together (ir Photoshop the chimera, title etc into the crystal ball)

3) Emerald is wanting to do the plaque for the crystal ball, that reads "Le Cirque de Mika". And I am wanting to do that Amelia's Magazine font, that should go in the lower right corner, that reads "MFC Yearbook 2008". Is that alright?:bleh:

4) And I was thinking perhaps we should get moving again:naughty: Perhaps deciding what the crystal ball will look like

No, no previews of the cover, as of yet:naughty:

But just some updates, I guess you could call 'em...

1) I sent that progress PM to Melanie last night

2) I think guineverer will be doing the drawing of the person holding the crystal ball. And, if Kary agrees to it, she'll put everything together (ir Photoshop the chimera, title etc into the crystal ball)

3) Emerald is wanting to do the plaque for the crystal ball, that reads "Le Cirque de Mika". And I am wanting to do that Amelia's Magazine font, that should go in the lower right corner, that reads "MFC Yearbook 2008". Is that alright?:bleh:

4) And I was thinking perhaps we should get moving again:naughty: Perhaps deciding what the crystal ball will look like

Oh thanks! :flowers2:

You guys are all so creative :wub2:

What exactly do you mean by "plaque"?

I think the font will look fine :wink2:

Are you in the group now, Nono? :boing:

She isn't? Oops, I almost thought she was. My bad:naughty:

Do this question can be for you, daydreambeliever: do you think it would be okay if I did the Amelia's Magazine type font thing that will read "MFC Yearbook 2008" and Emerald does that plaque for the crystal ball?

No :naughty:

Oh.:naughty:

She isn't? Oops, I almost thought she was. My bad:naughty:

Do this question can be for you, daydreambeliever: do you think it would be okay if I did the Amelia's Magazine type font thing that will read "MFC Yearbook 2008" and Emerald does that plaque for the crystal ball?

Yeah, I think it would be fine for you to do the Amelia's Magazine font and for Emerald to do the plaque.:thumb_yello:

If you guys can think of anything for me to do, please let me know...:naughty:

Yeah, I think it would be fine for you to do the Amelia's Magazine font and for Emerald to do the plaque.:thumb_yello:

If you guys can think of anything for me to do, please let me know...:naughty:

Okay cool:thumb_yello:

If anything comes up, we'll let ya know for sure:wink2:

Rainbow colored confetti would look really cool inside the crystal ball:thumb_yello:

Yes, I think it would be the best idea:naughty: But how is that done on paper? Wait- if I (that is, if the other members are okay with me doing the Amelia's letters) draw the words in black (on white paper), is there some way to change the letters to white in Photoshop?

Okay cool- I can't wait for those sketches:)

As for the back cover, I don't know if there will be any sort of writing on it.

I'm not as good as Kary with Photoshop, but one thing is sure, changing black letters to white letters is the easiest thing to do:punk:

Thanks.

You are welcome:wink2:

Rainbow colored confetti would look really cool inside the crystal ball

I agree:naughty:

I'm not as good as Kary with Photoshop, but one thing is sure, changing black letters to white letters is the easiest thing to do

Yeah, I can always ask her:naughty:

We think you two would do great drawing the plaque and letters.:punk:

The confetti sounds awesome!:thumb_yello:

Thanks so much ladies:)

And it seems like everyone likes the idea of the confetti:naughty:

I've just read back a few pages, but I think I've missed some...is there a link anywhere for the tamer? I'd like to see him :cheerful_h4h:

And also, who's doing the design for the back cover?

We actually decided that the tamer be a female:naughty: The Meyer Twins drew her.

This is the original one that they posted:

Tamergirlcolored.jpg

And then Kary digitalized it:

I digitalized it, here's the result, as you can see I didn't change anything in her anatomy or the colours, they are the same.

Tamergirlcoloredcopia.jpg

Then this is what Kary posted a while back, regarding the back cover:

Changing subject... remember the back cover?? Well, my friend Julia [JULS92] finished the drawing. There are 2 options, the first one is the original one, but since we have talked about having a black background, we changed it a little, honestly I like WAAAY too much the original one, it has more life. It's your choise then. Here they are:

Copia2deUnbenannt-4.jpg

CopiadeCopiadeUnbenannt-4.jpg