Yearbook: COVER ART chat room!

Haven't checked this thread in a while, whats our next step?

Well the Chimera and tamer have been drawn.

Right now Emerald is working on the plaque for the crystal ball, I am working on the Amelia's magazine font and daydreambeliever is working on the confetti.

Should I PM gunieverer about drawing the crystal ball and the person?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooohh, that sounds so cool. I've always wanted to try a ceramics/pottery class. Yeah sounds tough, but the work must pay off in the end, no?

Cool:wink2:

Yes, we are getting better at it. If you looked at some of our first pots we did a few weeks ago, they were absolute HORROR!!!:roftl:

We're going to Vampire Weekend tomorrow, so can't stay very long after school. We're excited! And we're excited about this cover. We will have to buy one when it is finished. We have the first one. We just had to have it. It will be awesome to tell everyone that we helped make this cover with a lot of other talented people.

Yes, we are getting better at it. If you looked at some of our first pots we did a few weeks ago, they were absolute HORROR!!!:roftl:

We're going to Vampire Weekend tomorrow, so can't stay very long after school. We're excited! And we're excited about this cover. We will have to buy one when it is finished. We have the first one. We just had to have it. It will be awesome to tell everyone that we helped make this cover with a lot of other talented people.

Awww come on, I bet there were better than what you thought they looked like. Afterall, sometimes we are our own worst critics.

Ooh very cool! Yes- there are so many talented people---this is going to be one amazing cover!:thumb_yello:

May I ask...how did the purchasing process go? You bought it from lulu (or whatever the site was called) right? And they sent it to your house or something?

Awww come on, I bet there were better than what you thought they looked like. Afterall, sometimes we are our own worst critics.

Ooh very cool! Yes- there are so many talented people---this is going to be one amazing cover!:thumb_yello:

May I ask...how did the purchasing process go? You bought it from lulu (or whatever the site was called) right? And they sent it to your house or something?

Well, we didn't have paypal then so our mom bought it for us so we could take it for our Mika concert eariler this Feb. Melanie gave us a link of the finished book that you could view on adobe and also gave us a link to lulu. We'll either use paypal if they accept that or let our mom buy it with a credit card and we pay her back. We always do that.:naughty:

Well, we didn't have paypal then so our mom bought it for us so we could take it for our Mika concert eariler this Feb. Melanie gave us a link of the finished book that you could view on adobe and also gave us a link to lulu. We'll either use paypal if they accept that or let our mom buy it with a credit card and we pay her back. We always do that.:naughty:

Oh okay, very cool. Yeah Melanie mentioned the Adobe link and lulu link things :)

Thanks for letting me know:wink2:

Yeah, probably a good idea to pay your mom the money back that you borrow:naughty:

Ooohhh right, the curtain. I forgot about it again...ooops:lol3:

Yeah we could totally do the curtain thing:thumb_yello: My worry, I guess you could call it, is that the curtain will interfere with what's going on, on the inside of the crystal ball and/or clutter it too much.

Maybe there is some way of making it to the very side only or faded or something, so that it won't interfere with anything else.

I was thinking that the curtain could be in the background...like, you know when comedians are on stage by themselves and they don't need a whole stage, so they perform in front of the red curtain? It could be a little like that, with the colour of the curtain very washed-out so it doesn't get in the way.

Well the Chimera and tamer have been drawn.

Right now Emerald is working on the plaque for the crystal ball, I am working on the Amelia's magazine font and daydreambeliever is working on the confetti.

Should I PM gunieverer about drawing the crystal ball and the person?

Yeah, I think you should PM her. She hasn't been around for a little while...

I love Vampire Weekend!!! I saw them at Pemberton Festival in July--seriously, they give a BRILLIANT live show. Everything about them just exudes awesomeness. You'll have a great time. :thumb_yello:

I was thinking that the curtain could be in the background...like, you know when comedians are on stage by themselves and they don't need a whole stage, so they perform in front of the red curtain? It could be a little like that, with the colour of the curtain very washed-out so it doesn't get in the way.

Great idea about the curtain:thumb_yello:

Very cool! Is it like a class for school? Or just for fun?

Thanks:wink2: Yeah, the faded thing might be a good idea...oooh! I just got an idea:naughty: You know how like there are swirly things inside crystal balls? You know, it looks like mist or fog or whatever you call it:roftl: Well, maybe we can incorporate the curtain in that way, some way or another haha...so the curtain is still there, but not in the way, so to speak.

Does that make any sense? I hope it did:lol3:

Good idea!!:wink2:

I really want to buy it too and say to my friends: look, I did this "?"!!! And the white gloves, it's MY idea!!!:naughty:

Very good idea, too!!!

Yeah, I think you should PM her. She hasn't been around for a little while...

Oooh that's a great idea:thumb_yello:

Okay, I'll go do that now.

Edit: I PMed guineverer.

Guys I think I've finished the plaque. Tell me what you think!:)

It's not very clear around the plaque, it's because I used pencils. But I guess Karry can fix that with photoshop ^^.

Ooohh that looks fab:thumb_yello: I love how it looks worn, in a way, and the letters looks 3D. Great job:thumb_yello:

Guys I think I've finished the plaque. Tell me what you think!:)

plaquefinish.jpg

It's not very clear around the plaque, it's because I used pencils. But I guess Karry can fix that with photoshop ^^.

It looks AMAZING!!!!!!!

Congrats you've done a great job:thumb_yello:

Next Friday's great! I have sooo much Mika homework to do, it's crazy.:naughty:

I think I signed up for too many things.:blush-anim-cl:

Okay cool, I'll send a PM out momentarily:thumb_yello:

I know! I haven't even started on the other Yearbook stuff that I've signed up for. From the stuff I've signed up for, I don't know where to start. The mandatory stuff maybe?

hey everyone, i'm sorry i haven't been around for discussions, i received the PM about the drawing of the boy holding the crystal globe and i'll be really happy to do it!

the thing is, i'm having my promotional exams right now, and i'll only be able to send you guys the drawing after 27 September - i hope that's alright! I'm really sorry for the delay though!

hey everyone, i'm sorry i haven't been around for discussions, i received the PM about the drawing of the boy holding the crystal globe and i'll be really happy to do it!

the thing is, i'm having my promotional exams right now, and i'll only be able to send you guys the drawing after 27 September - i hope that's alright! I'm really sorry for the delay though!

The 27th is more than fine. We're sure the drawing will take up a lot of your time, and we're sure everybody here knows what exams are like. So good luck with that and just take your time.:thumb_yello:

Don't sweat it Guineverer--exams are a bitch :blink:

We'll still have time enough to put everything together after that. I'm sure your drawing will be fab. :thumb_yello:

Thanks guys!!!

And thanks Louise for your job!!:thumb_yello:

Do you think I should change something to the plaque? Because as far as I'm concerned, it's finished:wink2:

You are welcome:wink2:

Aww thanks so much :)

No, I don't think you need to change anything. I just made a general comment for the people working on things. The plaque looks great:thumb_yello:

Sounds good:wink2:

And good luck with your exams:thumb_yello: