2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Westerpark - Amsterdam

Christine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok well since I live in the Hague and my friend (who is not necesarry a Mikafan) lives in Amsterdam, I had to go with the intercity train to Amsterdam Central Station. Then we went to a Spanish restaurant (my friend is Spanish) and we forgot the time haha. So at about 20.00 we went on to Westerpark and when we got there was not even a band playing. Round 21.00 some girl (no not Serenayde) and a little boy or kid started playing some dull music (sorry for their fans:P, but I did not like it).

After 30 minutes of ass shaking of the girl, who my friend was certain was a guy really :S we waited another 10minutes or so till Mika came.

First there was a clown like in the Paris gig then some halfnaked acrobat and then came Mika and sung the 'Relax'. After 'Relax' he sung 'Big Girl' (if Im not mistaken) and then the sad songs..like 'Any other world' and 'Happy Ending'. He also sung 'My interpretation' and 'Stuck in the Middle'. Dunno after 'Big Girl' what the right order is, so sorry for that. Later on he also sung 'Holy Johnny' and 'Love Today'. Then he said told us Goodnight and everybody was sad. Sooo everybody started to scream 'Mika', 'Mika', 'Mika', so then he came back with the woodpart (bunnystuff) and sung offffcourse 'Lollipop'. Then he said this was really the last one but later on he came back because Seranyde and a Big Girl/Woman said we should all call him back and scream for more. So he came and said he would sing a new song from the new album called 'Rain'. Like I already said it was a beautiful song, some people around me started crying. Then he sung a sort of remix of 'Relax' and really took off.

So thats my report, sorry if its not very storylike but I'm a bit tired so now Ill go to sleep..

xx

the debate was the same where I was, the singer in black we thought was a woman and the one in blue was actually a man, now I cannot be bothered wasting time finding out anything about them I will leave that to others.

missing Sam Sparro was the biggest miss of the night for you, he certainly rocked, and worth going to one of his own gigs.

the debate was the same where I was, the singer in black we thought was a woman and the one in blue was actually a man, now I cannot be bothered wasting time finding out anything about them I will leave that to others.

missing Sam Sparro was the biggest miss of the night for you, he certainly rocked, and worth going to one of his own gigs.

You're right, the one was a woman and the other in the blue a transsexual man:mf_rosetinted:

Here are some of my pics:

080708_015.jpg

Jose, your pictures are AMAZING!

I am utterly in love with this one :wub2:

Seriously, you have nothing to envy the professional photographers for!

Here's that moment captured in a pic!

080708_031.jpg

You have no idea how happy I am that you captured this moment on camera. It was so nice to see him laugh like that, it was really spontaneous and he seemed relaxed and happy, and I love that this picture totally got that moment.

I can't wait for Louiza's video! Louizaaaaaaaaa where are you? :naughty:

You have no idea how happy I am that you captured this moment on camera. It was so nice to see him laugh like that, it was really spontaneous and he seemed relaxed and happy, and I love that this picture totally got that moment.

I really loved that moment :wub2:

Was so happy that I was standing close to you (not only because of Mika and the moment, you're a nice person :wink2:)

This is also a picture from that moment:

IMG_3649-border.jpg

And this one:

IMG_3650-border.jpg

Hey All!

My name is Jennifer, I'm a rookie on the MIKA forum and I have no clue how all of this work (posting pictures and stuff), but I just wanted to say that I WAS THERE TOO YESTERDAY!!!! It was my first gig ever and I enjoyed every single minute of it. The crowd was just spectacular, never seen so many friendly people piled up together in my entire life! And then..MIKA! OMG he is such a sweety, the way he reacts and makes contact to/with the audience. I was pretty close to the stage aswell, I think there were about 8 lines of people in front of me. Anyways, I took alot of pictures and a friend of mine filmed the entire Love Today song (yesss including the part where he drums without his shirt on) and I would like to share them with you but I have no clue how to.

Oh and before I go to sleep: did anyone get the chance to see him/get a picture taken with him/autograph??

xoxo

Jose, your pictures are AMAZING!

I am utterly in love with this one :wub2:

Seriously, you have nothing to envy the professional photographers for!

Aaaah that first one is my favourite pic too!! :wub2: Thanks for your compliment! :blush-anim-cl:

Teehee it was a really funny moment and he was very relaxed indeed. Probably because the whole atmosphere there was totally relaxed (at that moment). :biggrin2:

I really loved that moment :wub2:

Was so happy that I was standing close to you (not only because of Mika and the moment, you're a nice person :wink2:)

This is also a picture from that moment:

IMG_3649-border.jpg

And this one:

IMG_3650-border.jpg

Oh thank you !!!

It was really nice, wasn't it?

And ot was also really lovely to finally meet you Bienie, even I kept bumping you without realising when we were waiting outside in the rain :roftl:. I'm so sorry. It was the stupid streetlamp

Hey All!

My name is Jennifer, I'm a rookie on the MIKA forum and I have no clue how all of this work (posting pictures and stuff), but I just wanted to say that I WAS THERE TOO YESTERDAY!!!! It was my first gig ever and I enjoyed every single minute of it. The crowd was just spectacular, never seen so many friendly people piled up together in my entire life! And then..MIKA! OMG he is such a sweety, the way he reacts and makes contact to/with the audience. I was pretty close to the stage aswell, I think there were about 8 lines of people in front of me. Anyways, I took alot of pictures and a friend of mine filmed the entire Love Today song (yesss including the part where he drums without his shirt on) and I would like to share them with you but I have no clue how to.

Oh and before I go to sleep: did anyone get the chance to see him/get a picture taken with him/autograph??

xoxo

Upload them to http://www.photobucket.com or http://www.imageshack.us

And yes, many had the chance to see him and talk to him (including me! Huzaaaah!) but no autographs were given.

Hey All!

xoxo

Hello Jennifer and welcome to the MFC. I can't help you with technical stuff but there are a lot of people here who will be able to.

You can find a lot of answers to your questions about Mika if you click on the FAQ tab in the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Oh thank you !!!

It was really nice, wasn't it?

And ot was also really lovely to finally meet you Bienie, even I kept bumping you without realising when we were waiting outside in the rain :roftl:. I'm so sorry. It was the stupid streetlamp

Yes, it was :wub2:

Can't wait for the video :wub2:

No problem, really :roftl:

As you said .. the stupid streetlamp .. it shouldn't have been there :bleh:

So then After Gig Moment

Well the after gig moment was cold,that's when I started hating Amsterdam,even if the rain before it didn't help to its image

Anyway,first thing I do is open my bag and check my phone and then I see it.The Wallet from Phunks for Andy.Now the lucky part is that Andy was actually nearby so I ran and gave it to him. Didn't anyone give him something before? He was really happy about it

You ungrateful people! Take pics of him and don't give anything in return? Shameful!

I had actually forgotten how fun to be around he is,got reminded really fast,no worries!

Such a great photographer...he wasn't supposed to do it tho

l_4a431a09803859a8e41c0418a59b0973.jpg

Fast forward to the meet and greet thing,I am doing fast forward because I don't want to remember the time in the rain and feeling my shoes get wetter by the minute.

Anyway,gates open,people storm in

Rose,Shady (right?) and I take our time,we like the fresh air after the rain

I think we may have gotten there last which was good because nobody bothered to see Sara,Cherisse and Mikey to the right :naughty:

Of course,me being the bad fan that I am had a choice : run into the Mikaaaaa room,or stay out and go to Sara? So I didn't run,and stayed with them outside :mf_rosetinted:

I was so glad to see Sara,missed her so much,she's such a sweet person.

Mikey was quite the friendly camper too,had a big grin on

Now Cherisse...well Cherisse had the hair I had not seen live yet,I was so tempted to touch it :lmao: She always does the greatest things with it,I love it

At one point the security guy decided to call me inside ,I know,I'm a very important creature. Thing is they were gonna close the doors,so I had to get in but I was so happy to had managed to talk to Sara

So then I went inside ,where it was cold...and people still wonder why Mika gets sick? That was the damn "Performers Area" and it was freezing!

I'll post the rest in a sec,am organizing pics on MeeSpace

Hey everyone! It was great to meet you all yesterday...man was that only yesterday???!

I have some vids if anyone wants to check them out:

My Interpretation:

Just Can't Get Enough:

Rain (good quality):

JULY 8 . . .

attachment.php?attachmentid=5390&d=1215564318

http://www.liveatwesterpark.nl/

MIKA @WESTERPARK,

AMSTERDAM . . .

WATCH:

INTRO+RELAX--

MY INTERPRETATION--

HOLY JOHNNY--

BIG GIRL--

LOLLIPOP--

:Update:

R A I N

R A I N--Alternate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLnQvAkNTwY&hl=es&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1

SET AFTER DARK!

2650831479_ca84deeebb_o.jpg