2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Westerpark - Amsterdam

Christine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aawwww this was freaking amazing!!! :biggrin2: Really the best thing ever!!! Mika at Werchter was bloody awesome but this was.. well multiply it by four.. fecking great!!! The show was fabulous and meeting him backstage was so nice!! :wub2:

Gawd.. was this all for real? did I dream? :shocked:

Oh nose there are pictures and vids!! I'm uploading now.. (I have a great vid of Rain!! yaay!) :naughty:

Then they got off, and Ingie and I saw that they put the keyboard on stage again, and that Sam, Saranayde and David stood next to it.

We said together: RAIN! For sure!

And it was Rain. It was really beautiful. We were singing along. Everyone was like: How do you know the lyrics, it's new!

I was like: Yeeeeeeaaah, thats something you'd like to know, now don't you?:das:

:roftl::roftl:

Ermmm, because the lyrics are very easy... something like ..."Rain and rain and rainy raining rainy rain" :sleep_1::ap_rosetinted:

Sorry you didn 't get to the Afterparty xlindee :sad:

Thanks to everyone for the reports, videos and pics so far - love the spotty t-shirt!

yes, how long? and where is Ioana? I think she tried calling me, but I hung up and called the cops for harassment. :mf_rosetinted: I need her report of Sunshine. :lmao:

Evil :roftl: She's never gonna do another favour for you again! :naughty:

They better hurry up, although I have the whole day ahead of me now.. but still :mf_rosetinted:

Or maybe he's giving a free concert for the mfc, including an afterparty and stuff.. :mf_rosetinted:

And he pays the travel and stuff..

Or maybe he'll just hold a concert at each and everyone of the MFCer's house :cool: Unless they have more than one house each then in that case houses :cool:

Thank you all SO much for the reports and pics and videos -- your efforts

continue to be appreciated! :thumb_yello:

Still waiting for Niki though...:fisch:

dcdeb

read only some reports due to lack of time, but I'm so glad you had such a great time! it seems we are back to the "usual" outfit (I miss the novelty from arras.. :wub2:).

so he kept the stage set with clowns and stuff: that's cool.

argh.. sore throat again... :shocked::boxed: sigh, I hope it goes better soon.

super great about the meet & greet under the tent: I am so glad for you, guys! :thumb_yello:

:roftl::roftl:

Ermmm, because the lyrics are very easy... something like ..."Rain and rain and rainy raining rainy rain" :sleep_1::ap_rosetinted:

HAHAHA, I see that :ap_rosetinted:

First time for everything Jules!!

Thanks for all the photos everyone, and

NIKI WHERE ARE YOU????:naughty:

argh.. sore throat again... :shocked::boxed: sigh, I hope it goes better soon.

I find it really worrying that this is only the third gig of the tour and he already has a sore throat. Maybe he should go to a voice coach.

Here are some of my pictures

but for now,I'm to tired to speak here on the forum

See you in a couple of hours,and than I'll post some more

s6300196xw5.jpg

----------------------

s6300193ll5.jpg

-----------------------

s6300192ha9.jpg

s6300186uw6.jpg

s6300177sz2.jpg

s6300140rx7.jpg

s6300154ak0.jpg

thank you! this pics is amazing!!!!

Here 3 pics from me:

p1100372di2.jpg

p1100504lw3.jpg

p1100508sv1.jpg

I have more, but I can't post them before Friday :thumbdown: I have to go now and I won't be on my own computer before then :thumbdown:

I wanted to post them today,but photobucket was being an *** :furious:

thank you! very nice pics:thumb_yello:

Ok, while I write my report, which will still take a while, here are a few little videos that I made at the meet and greet (I wouldn't call it an afterparty or a party, lol, it was just all of us sitting or standing there, and Mika walking around speaking to people a little and taking presents, etc...)

It was really nice, and so nice of Mika to do that, cause he looked tired and I'm sure that he didn't particularly fancy doing that, but it was really nice for us.

I would say that most people behaved very well, we did as we were told (don't get up from your chair if you're sitting, don't follow him, don't ask for pics, etc...) and Mika seemed relaxed for most of it.

I think that, at the end, he was a bit tense, as a large group of people seemed to come out of nowhere and started following him, but believe me, it was nothing compared to Brixton. I personally think that it worked out really well, and people were quite well behaved.

Maybe the assertive way in which those security guys managed it, making it clear in no uncertain terms that they would stop it in a second (and Mika would leave) if people crossed the line, helped to keep everyone in check.

Mika walked around the room and I shot a few random bits of video of different moments. I should have done more, but I wasn't really thinking to be honest, haha!

One of the bits I have on camera is of just after we'd given him the RAH petition. Well, the book part of it.

What happened is that earlier in the day, when John was out there, he said to me that he didn't know if Mika would come out at the end, so I decided to give the petition Tshirt and bag to him in order to make sure that Mika got it. It's a shame that we didn't get to see his face when he received it, but seeing as John was a bit dubious of whether Mika would come out, I decided that it was best to be sure and give it to him when I had the chance, via John.

I explained the idea to John, who had this amused little look on his face, haha! He's so sweet, really.

Anyway, at the M&G things were rushed (too many people for Mika to see, plus they had told us that he wouldn't speak) so I didn't quite want to go into too much detail; I just gave him the book (with Louiza and Violet_Sky wo were sitting next to me) and we got a bit of a reaction from him.

Unfortunately due to how things were organised, we couldn't have the whole "RAH team" together doing it, it was a matter of sitting where we could as we walked into the room.

So I handed him the book saying it was a petition and he laughed and said "you and your petitions". HAHA!

Then he started saying that it was a hard venue to play, and I didn't quite get why he meant that, but it wasn't the best situation to go into a lot of detail I don't think, so we'll see!

Because he had obviously already gotten the Tshirt via John so he knew about it he wasn't surprised by it, and went straight into the detail of it, but I don't think that we got a clear answer as to why he thought it was a hard venue. Hmmm. At this point I thought that I'd video it, so that we could all see his reaction, but then he started pointing his finger at the camera and laughing, saying that he wouldn't tell cause I was filming. LMAO, that was quite funny.

This is the video:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38036339

What he didn't know, and neither did I, was that Louiza was busy recording the whole chat, so she should have a nice video for us with the whole exchange. I really can't wait to see it, cause Mika's reaction "you and your petitions" was really funny.

Ah and then he was on his way, but he noticed others wearing the Tshirt and he made a comment like "more of those Tshirts, how many people are in them?"

Poor guy was shocked.

This is the video where he said that (very short, sorry):

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38035863

And here a couple more random vids of the M&G.

On one you can see Mika receiving Phunkygal's little duct tape Happy Endingtype puppet, although there is no sound as I was far.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38035478

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38037663

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38037811

They are not marvellous, but they give a bit of an idea of what it was like in there. I will upload my proper gig videos a bit later, after they have converted, but they should be quite good, as we had a nice spot and Mika spent a lot of time on that side of the stage.

Oh and I will report properly on the gig later as well, but just as a starter: it was fantastic!

Ok, while I write my report, which will still take a while, here are a few little videos that I made at the meet and greet (I wouldn't call it an afterparty or a party, lol, it was just all of us sitting or standing there, and Mika walking around speaking to people a little and taking presents, etc...)

It was really nice, and so nice of Mika to do that, cause he looked tired and I'm sure that he didn't particularly fancy doing that, but it was really nice for us.

I would say that most people behaved very well, we did as we were told (don't get up from your chair if you're sitting, don't follow him, don't ask for pics, etc...) and Mika seemed relaxed for most of it.

I think that, at the end, he was a bit tense, as a large group of people seemed to come out of nowhere and started following him, but believe me, it was nothing compared to Brixton. I personally think that it worked out really well, and people were quite well behaved.

Maybe the assertive way in which those security guys managed it, making it clear in no uncertain terms that they would stop it in a second (and Mika would leave) if people crossed the line, helped to keep everyone in check.

Mika walked around the room and I shot a few random bits of video of different moments. I should have done more, but I wasn't really thinking to be honest, haha!

One of the bits I have on camera is of just after we'd given him the RAH petition. Well, the book part of it.

What happened is that earlier in the day, when John was out there, he said to me that he didn't know if Mika would come out at the end, so I decided to give the petition Tshirt and bag to him in order to make sure that Mika got it. It's a shame that we didn't get to see his face when he received it, but seeing as John was a bit dubious of whether Mika would come out, I decided that it was best to be sure and give it to him when I had the chance, via John.

I explained the idea to John, who had this amused little look on his face, haha! He's so sweet, really.

Anyway, at the M&G things were rushed (too many people for Mika to see, plus they had told us that he wouldn't speak) so I didn't quite want to go into too much detail; I just gave him the book (with Louiza and Violet_Sky wo were sitting next to me) and we got a bit of a reaction from him.

Unfortunately due to how things were organised, we couldn't have the whole "RAH team" together doing it, it was a matter of sitting where we could as we walked into the room.

So I handed him the book saying it was a petition and he laughed and said "you and your petitions". HAHA!

Then he started saying that it was a hard venue to play, and I didn't quite get why he meant that, but it wasn't the best situation to go into a lot of detail I don't think, so we'll see!

Because he had obviously already gotten the Tshirt via John so he knew about it he wasn't surprised by it, and went straight into the detail of it, but I don't think that we got a clear answer as to why he thought it was a hard venue. Hmmm. At this point I thought that I'd video it, so that we could all see his reaction, but then he started pointing his finger at the camera and laughing, saying that he wouldn't tell cause I was filming. LMAO, that was quite funny.

This is the video:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38036339

What he didn't know, and neither did I, was that Louiza was busy recording the whole chat, so she should have a nice video for us with the whole exchange. I really can't wait to see it, cause Mika's reaction "you and your petitions" was really funny.

Ah and then he was on his way, but he noticed others wearing the Tshirt and he made a comment like "more of those Tshirts, how many people are in them?"

Poor guy was shocked.

This is the video where he said that (very short, sorry):

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38035863

And here a couple more random vids of the M&G.

On one you can see Mika receiving Phunkygal's little duct tape Happy Endingtype puppet, although there is no sound as I was far.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38035478

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38037663

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38037811

They are not marvellous, but they give a bit of an idea of what it was like in there. I will upload my proper gig videos a bit later, after they have converted, but they should be quite good, as we had a nice spot and Mika spent a lot of time on that side of the stage.

Oh and I will report properly on the gig later as well, but just as a starter: it was fantastic!

Thanks for the report Sara! And for the vids, they were great! The one about the tshirt really made me laugh :naughty: