The Luke Juby (the sober Gray Skelly) Thread Part 4

phunkygal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you gals read what Francis Rodino wrote about Luke on his blog? :tears::wub2:

Copied from his blog:

------------------

Here ends the story of my childhood friend who for so long has been struggling against a very rare form of Leukemia. One which baffled doctors. My father txt'd me around 9:30am yesterday morning. I read it. My heart rate increased. I left work and walked. Where I was going, i had no clue, but didn't care. I just walked. I txt'd some of my close friends who had been following the story. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone on the phone.

Luke Juby, my friend and keyboard player in the band then had a brilliant idea. he had the day off, so he suggested I hop on a train to Windsor and he'd show me around Windsor Castle. **** it. Why not. Get the hell out of dreary London. So wiping a couple of tears from my eyes I headed to Paddington Station.

Luke picked me up at Slough (yes, that where the Office sitcom is based!) and we drove into central Windsor. I pretended to be his brother and used his residents card to get free access to the castle (naughty, naughty). We walked around, so the chapel, the state rooms and the famous dolls house - I was amazed out such beautiful surroundings. It was surreal. We then met my sister (Julia) and nephew (Sam) for a wonderful lunch, and then indulged in some very decadent ice cream.

This is what life is all about. Friends and family. Eating ice cream. Caring about eachother. Because one day you're gone.

Luke, thank you for a wonderful day - it was a big help.

Fran

Hadn't read it yet,that's so sweet! The man is really lucky to have such friends huh?

I mean,when you are in certain situations,such a help can really make all the difference

It was a sad, but lovely blog - and shows how caring Luke is.

Francis was in need - and Luke was there!!

Friends are so special!

Yes, friends and family are so important!:wub2:

Thanks for posting the blog LM I hadn't read it!:thumb_yello:

why would you wanna use Luke's songs in a gory movie?

cuz. :mf_rosetinted: I need to fit it in somewhere into my life.

Speaking of which, i have been guilty lately of not listening to any Luke. So I turned on my ipod and it got to More Than Yesterday and I asked myself why I ever stopped listening.:roftl:

I knew there was more to luke then talent and a great body

Too kind :naughty:

For some reason I've been totally into Sara B. for the past 36 hours. Just needed a severe overdose.

Something inside of me is telling me that Blank Pages will haunt me again today though. :naughty:

36? You newbie! :lol3:

Hey, I didn't say I just started listening. :bleh:

Little Voice has been on my harddisk since... well not the original release date as I was in London at that time, watching a certain band at Somerset House. But pretty close. Can't believe those mp3's are still alive after all the repeating and repeating and repeating. :blink:

Just realized I'm going to see her again soon. Yay! :naughty:

Btw for some reason David Bowie is running around in my brain today - Blue blue electric blue... :blink:

Hey, I didn't say I just started listening. :bleh:

Little Voice has been on my harddisk since... well not the original release date as I was in London at that time, watching a certain band at Somerset House. But pretty close. Can't believe those mp3's are still alive after all the repeating and repeating and repeating. :blink:

Just realized I'm going to see her again soon. Yay! :naughty:

Btw for some reason David Bowie is running around in my brain today - Blue blue electric blue... :blink:

Think I listened to Love Song may last year? And then I accidentally saw some iTunes charts and Sara was at number one and I was "...hey,I know that song" So I went back to listen,and never stopped since

I think for me it was June, during the US tour of that certain band. Checked YouTube and MySpace and decided that I liked her. :naughty:

Her first song I ever heard (as far as I remember) was Fairytale, still one of my favourites. :naughty:

I think for me it was June, during the US tour of that certain band. Checked YouTube and MySpace and decided that I liked her. :naughty:

Her first song I ever heard (as far as I remember) was Fairytale, still one of my favourites. :naughty:

I found out later that she had toured with Mika,but first one I heard was Love Song

I have to say,compared to others *coughcan'tsayori'llbekilledcough* her voice is even better live

Too bad I had not heard about her yet when she played that tiny little showcase in Amsterdam last year April. She's daaaaaamn good live. :thumb_yello:

As for that other person: I guess I prefer the studio material. :wink2:

[Edit] Just for the record: I hate using the words 'that other person'. :blink:

I kinda feel cheated ,as the live and the studio versions are so different

Plus,I can't really respect someone who alters their voice that massive

But as I told you,nobody minded. Fans can be a tad too blind...deaf sometimes

Now see how confused I am. I thought the showcase was in 2007 but now I realize it was in 2008 - which means I could have seen her but I just didn't know she was here. :blink:

I guess I was actually busy having a Real Life last spring. :naughty:

[Edit] And for some reason today my fingers refuse to behave properly while typing. Sorry.

ooooo details!!!:naughty:

*screams* Omg. So my school is putting on its yearly musical and I cant sing so I figured I would ask to make the costumes. So me and my friend, Alissa asked if we could help with the design and my Drama teacher got all excited and told us we could. But mostily it would be altering the costumes she already had and making the princess' dress. (i was relived because i am not the best at making outfits fast yet. it would take forever.) But ya. so then we got to talking and she said that if I wanted one day she could bring me and Alissa to her friend's studio in Providence to see how it is to be a costume designer for Plays and possibly get to make things, etc. *squeals* The point of the story? I get EXPOSURE! which is exactly what i need.

off topic. but whatev.