Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, did I spell it wrong?:blush-anim-cl:

*feels horribly insensitive of the dead*

Yes, very little is known about the Kelz, except that she has a taste for thumbs...*pokes with a stick and backs away as stick is eaten*

:lmfao: :lmfao: (Irwin)

*falls over and watches Kelz disappear into the night*

We may never know or understand all the mysteries of the Kelz...*cue sentimental orchestral music as credits roll*

*wipes single tear from eye*

I love new threads. I'm not even officially "here" and I'm third place in posting.

Oh well done, well done indeed :naughty:

Here are the top ten post whores from the previous thread (I never get to do this!)..

1. Kelzy.................429

2. Oakie Doke.........236

3. sweet-dreams.....173

4. silver.................163

5. chickadee...........131

6. happikali............128

7. nico_collard........110

8. soangel................70

9. englishrose...........67

10. SuperTwat..........52

Haha, congratulations to Kelzy, who almost beat Oakie Doke by 200 posts! :shocked::wink2:

*pretends she isn't third*

Oh dear! Down to 4th - must try harder

Silver started well but must not think she can rest on her laurels. We hope to see her make a better effort this thread

I love new threads. I'm not even officially "here" and I'm third place in posting.:naughty:

:poke: I'm not an official fan not officially "here" and don't think you'll get third next time :fish:

And of course I get to post all night while there's no competition

(except from the lure of the Blog thread which seems to have ended up as another :chkn: thread - what a surprise)

:boing:Dead Sea mud :pbjt:

Ick...

So no trouble waking on time today.... but I'm now not going to uni.

I woke up sort of at 7.30 by my room spinning, and slight nausea, and it got worse everytime I moved in bed.

So now, after concluding that I can't lay down (how annoying) , I am going to spend the day on the couch (because to get to the bus stop I have to drive and that can't be good when I'm dizzy. I can't even make it to the doctors like this)

(I laugh at how the waving smiley is : bye : .. I mean.. derrr no one ever really leaves.. )

I know! I keep going to type :waves: and then remember it doesn't do anything, and then can't remember what I'm supposed to type and have to go look the bloody thing up. I've used it a fair bit lately though, so it is lodged in the forefront of my short-term memory.... until something else i need to remember knocks it out of there:blink:

Haven't you already said this once?

It should be :wave: It's been (wave) on my msn for months

Yes she has already said this once.... but I forgot to comment last time, so I'm glad she said it again!

:roftl: *lets you indulge*

*wishes someone else was posting so that littlepointsdowntherrrreeeee wasn't already starting to get annoying*

that's easily fixed. Disable siggy's and it will no longer bother you. I, for example, can't even see what you're talking about!

(except from the lure of the Blog thread which seems to have ended up as another :chkn: thread - what a surprise)

Dead Sea mud :pbjt:

Yes.... are you suprised? If Mika's going to film himself shirtless, covering himself in mud, and notify a bunch of women (and girls) who all want to get into his pants, what do we expect?

Oh and do I dare mention "The Hi-ho song"? I can't believe it's taken me this long, particularly when your name is Silver :doh:

Ick...

I woke up sort of at 7.30 by my room spinning, and slight nausea, and it got worse everytime I moved in bed.

So now, after concluding that I can't lay down (how annoying) , I am going to spend the day on the couch (because to get to the bus stop I have to drive and that can't be good when I'm dizzy. I can't even make it to the doctors like this)

Soa! Sounds like you've got a middle ear infection (or something similar that I've temporarily forgotten the name of). You need to get someone else to drive you to the doctor's. These things don't usually clear up without medication. I had one when I was pregnant the first time and I think it took at least 4 days of antibiotics for me to feel better. (Having said that, it was over 10 years ago... The memory has faded a little.)

:huglove: Hope you feel better soon.

You lot seem to have started a trend... There are a few threads requesting to be moved to the Members Only section... I haven't been in them to know why they particularly want to be moved (ie if there's been more stalking) but it kind of makes sense in a way, since people are so open at times about themselves in these "home" threads...

*squees with happiness*

FY&GN, Mumzy dearest.

FY&GN, Daughtarrrghhhh dearrrrrrrest:wub2:

I love new threads. I'm not even officially "here" and I'm third place in posting.

Didn't you use to be 2nd normally. OkD's got some competition again.. :P

What's happened to the Aussies, I thought, haven't been talking much today. And then I saw "Closed"
I knoooww!! Wouldn't've hurt to redirect us lost and scared critters..

(Look! I double apostrophe'd)

Oh dear! Down to 4th - must try harder

Silver started well but must not think she can rest on her laurels. We hope to see her make a better effort this thread

:roftl: You are a postwhore in the making.

(except from the lure of the Blog thread which seems to have ended up as another ;chckn; thread - what a surprise)

that's why I ommmmmmmm'd for a clean blog before I went to bed :naughty:

:boing:Dead Sea mud :pbjt:

Dances!!! :ninja:

Ick...

I knowwww that feeling.. *hugs You*

I know! I keep going to type :waves: and then remember it doesn't do anything, and then can't remember what I'm supposed to type and have to go look the bloody thing up. I've used it a fair bit lately though, so it is lodged in the forefront of my short-term memory.... until something else i need to remember knocks it out of there

I know!!! arghh... I remember it now too.. But there's other ones I like that I always forget.

Yes she has already said this once.... but I forgot to comment last time, so I'm glad she said it again!

I don't even remember saying it. :naughty:

Yes.... are you suprised? If Mika's going to film himself shirtless, covering himself in mud, and notify a bunch of women (and girls) who all want to get into his pants, what do we expect?

That.. and more actually.. They were keeping it until control quite well last night.

Soa! Sounds like you've got a middle ear infection (or something similar that I've temporarily forgotten the name of). You need to get someone else to drive you to the doctor's. These things don't usually clear up without medication. I had one when I was pregnant the first time and I think it took at least 4 days of antibiotics for me to feel better. (Having said that, it was over 10 years ago... The memory has faded a little.)Hope you feel better soon.

Labyrinthitis, isn't it? (Of course, I love the name!)

Good Moroning everyone.. (When I started MQing it was still morning *hmph* )

Good Moroning everyone.. (When I started MQing it was still morning *hmph* )

Yes! Labyrinthitis. That's it:doh:

Hmmmm, are you trying to imply something here?:sneaky2:

You lot seem to have started a trend... There are a few threads requesting to be moved to the Members Only section... I haven't been in them to know why they particularly want to be moved (ie if there's been more stalking) but it kind of makes sense in a way, since people are so open at times about themselves in these "home" threads...

We define trendy. :das:

It is a good idea. I know the Oldlings moved. Who else has??

Yes! Labyrinthitis. That's it:doh:

Keep slapping your head like that and you will throw off the balance of your inner ear :naughty:

Hmmmm, are you trying to imply something here?:sneaky2:

Of course.. and starting a new trend.. :roftl:

Very sensible. It's a pity that there isn't a way to only show first post of a thread (So people can read what it is about and decide if they want to join in) And then they have to PM the thread owner and/or Mod to be allowed access to the rest of the thread.

Does that make sense? Mostly from a meetup PoV..

But, I wonder if members only can still be accessed through archives.

Very sensible. It's a pity that there isn't a way to only show first post of a thread (So people can read what it is about and decide if they want to join in) And then they have to PM the thread owner and/or Mod to be allowed access to the rest of the thread.

Does that make sense? Mostly from a meetup PoV..

But, I wonder if members only can still be accessed through archives.

Are you saying archives can be accessed by non-members?

Well, it's better than being in the very obvious chinwag section.. and then you'd have to know about archives or think of that to access them.. And the online users section, where you can view who's doing what shows if someone is accessing the archives. So it's not completely pointless to move us to members only.

As far as I know AMF doesn't have the public archive system (TG!)

Well, I cannot find it..

Soa! Sounds like you've got a middle ear infection (or something similar that I've temporarily forgotten the name of). You need to get someone else to drive you to the doctor's. These things don't usually clear up without medication. I had one when I was pregnant the first time and I think it took at least 4 days of antibiotics for me to feel better. (Having said that, it was over 10 years ago... The memory has faded a little.)

:huglove: Hope you feel better soon.

I knowwww that feeling.. *hugs You*

Thanks to both of you.

I googled it and the symptoms sound right, but it could also be something else. I'll go to the doctor if it gets any worse... at the moment I'm feeling a bit better, and managed to have a nap on the couch without the room spinning (it goes with my theory that when your sick camping out on the loungeroom couch is the best remedy :bleh:)

Well, it's better than being in the very obvious chinwag section.. and then you'd have to know about archives or think of that to access them.. And the online users section, where you can view who's doing what shows if someone is accessing the archives. So it's not completely pointless to move us to members only.

As far as I know AMF doesn't have the public archive system (TG!)

Well, I cannot find it..

Thats true... and I don't think we've do... I've yet to find one, and I have a habit of playing around with the site when bored :naughty:

Can't be bothered to read back...too many pages (8) so: *rides into Aussie thread in a tent carried by a caravan of camels with Sparkles at the lead*

Got back from Pemberton a few hours ago, should prob. be in bed because we're off again tomorrow for England, but instead I'm writing my report :naughty:

I should be done in a few years.

(except from the lure of the Blog thread which seems to have ended up as another :chkn thread - what a surprise)

Dead Sea mud

That was all Mika's fault :sneaky2:

Ick...

That sounds horrible! Really! How demented.

:tongue2:

that's easily fixed. Disable siggy's and it will no longer bother you. I, for example, can't even see what you're talking about!

Uhh, but then I would miss the Epic fail one some peopel still have, and still cracks me up, or the mud ones some people have put up.

:naughty:

:lmfao:

At first (with the moving threads thread) I didn't understand why anyone cared, but it totally makes sense to just move the entire Chinwagging section to Members Only. Why would a non member even want to look in there?

I knoooww!! Wouldn't've hurt to redirect us lost and scared critters..

(Look! I double apostrophe'd)

:cheerful_h4h::thumb_yello:

That.. and more actually.. They were keeping it until control quite well last night.

Oh wow, I didn't know you could see threads that are open now like that. Weird. And it's not just members that can see that, because I've definately googles and come across MFC archives. Esp before I was a member.

We do look like common morons repeating each other over and over with the quotes though, don't we?

Bottom of the page you'll see menu bar thingy..

it's down there. *points down*

*tells mika to assist*

:roftl:

Can't be bothered to read back...too many pages (8) so: *rides into Aussie thread in a tent carried by a caravan of camels with Sparkles at the lead*

Got back from Pemberton a few hours ago, should prob. be in bed because we're off again tomorrow for England, but instead I'm writing my report

Woooooooo! *glomps* *waits*

Hello everyone!

Got back from Pemberton a few hours ago, should prob. be in bed because we're off again tomorrow for England, but instead I'm writing my report :naughty:

Yay! Welcome back!

Hokay. So.

Reportage.

Whew. Holy ****ing hell. So many amazing things, where do I even start...at the beginning, I guess.

We left the house at 7:20 am on Saturday, hopped on the ferry, made our connection, all was dandy. Coming out of Vancouver, however, my mum took a wrong turn somewhere and we ended up on this narrow windy road that was actually quite pretty and reminiscent of Europe, but it took us a bloody long time to get back to the highway. We stopped for lunch, and realised that we were about an hour late already--we were supposed to meet the woman who had our tickets between 1 and 2 pm. She didn't have a cell number, so there was nothing we could do really.

Traffic started building up, and the going was slow, but not excruciating--at least, not until we got about 10K away from Pemberton. That 10K took us four hours. We had aimed to be at the festival at 2, and we got there at 7, just missing Sam Roberts and the Tragically Hip. By this point I was ready to kill someone, so learning I'd missed Sam didn't exactly help the situation. I'd already had to miss Friday; now I'd missed half of Saturday because of the traffic.

Anyways, we got there about a minute after the Hip had finished their set, and half the crowd was leaving. the Flaming Lips were up next, and I managed to snag a spot on the fence. It wasn't close to the stage, but I was a foot and a half higher than if I'd been standing, so I could actually see the whole stage...the Lips were fantastic! They started off the show by having the lead singer inside a giant hamster-ball thing rolling into the crowd. Awesome. How he made his way back on stage, I have no idea, but he did, and got out of his ball to join the 30-odd people they'd dressed up in Teletubby costumes for back-up dancers.

I'd only heard two of their songs at this point, so I couldn't sing along, but I really enjoyed what I heard. What pisses me off is that they were doing this fantastic live show--frequently using their confetti cannons, crazy lights, someone in a giant caterpillar costume...but the whole crowd wasn't paying attention. I took videos of "Yoshimi" (sp?) (one of the two songs I know--the other is "Do You Realize??" which they played as the encore) and all the people around me are chatting, not even listening. And they did that song so beautifully...still, I think the reason most of the crowd was there was because they were waiting for none other than Tom Petty to play.

He was out next, and he was fantastic. Really. Again, I hadn't heard much, but what I had heard I loved to death. What I hadn't heard, I also loved to death. He played them so well--tons of energy, even though he's about 90. One of the big highlights was "Free Falling", as the whole crowd was singing along and it was all rather magical...I came out of there grinning, having forgotten the excruciating 12-hour trip it took to get there. Went back to the car, drove to the house where we'd be camping in the yard, decided we couldn't be bothered to set up the tent and promptly fell asleep in the car. Not for long, though; I must've slept a maximum of 5 hours that night.

We left for the festival on Saturday morning at around 11. I wandered around for a bit, ended up seeing someone I knew, and we had a little chat...what are the chances? Heh. I noticed at around 12:30 that people were already lining up to get near the stage when they opened the gates. The show didn't start until 3:30, but I figured that if I didn't get to the front now, I never would, because people would be guarding those spots pretty viciously. My mum, surprisingly enough, seemed OK to meet me after the last act was finished. I was expecting her to hang on to my arm and never let go, but I'm glad she didn't.

So I waited in line. For an hour. Then they opened the gate and there was a mad dash to the front...I ended up in the 3rd row, front and center...not at all bad. Except that I'm 5' tall, so I couldn't see unless I stood on tiptoes and contorted myself. Oh well. I was pretty relieved when Vampire Weekend came on, because my back was starting to hurt. They were only 5 minutes late, but it felt like longer...their set was AWESOME! They are such awesome performers--the singer has impeccable pitch. His falsetto notes were bang on. I made eye contact for a millisecond with the bassist...their set was high-energy, campy, poppy fun, and they interacted a lot with the crowd...I wish they could've played longer. The lead singer looked kinda like Mika with his cool shades on...but not with them off...:naughty:

After they were done, we had to wait. For AGES. I had no idea who the next band was--they were called N.E.R.D. They were about 45 minutes late, apparently because they got stuck in traffic...but honestly, from the "music" they played, I couldn't have cared less had they gotten stuck in a sinkhole and never come out. It was rap but worse. It was just awful. And the worst part was that the crowd started moshing...it wasn't too bad as moshes go, I guess, but it was my first experience of one, so it was pretty scary. I just had to endure/survive. Unfortunately, when N.E.R.D's set was over, the people pushing forwards didn't ease off, so we were just stuck being sardined. I wouldn't have minded, except that now I REALLY couldn't see and was getting pushed back and to the side. :thumbdown:

The next band was Death Cab For Cutie, who I love. However, their set was crap. I couldn't hear a thing the singer was singing because the bass was so ****ing loud. It was vibrating everything so much that I honestly felt a bit sick...my organs are rearranged now, but whatever. It could just have been where I was standing, too. (By this point I was almost on the railing on the left side of the enclosure-whatsit. Almost at a good spot. Almost.)

Scheduled after Death Cab was Jay-Z. I didn't really know what to expect, seeing as I usually wouldn't go near rap with a 10-foot barge pole, but he is a wonderful performer. I actually really enjoyed myself. Partway through, I found I could see, too, because I'd been conveniently pushed right up to the metal fence...I got a couple of really nasty remarks about that from the people in front of and behind me, but I honestly couldn't help it. It's not like I didn't want to get to the fence, but I wasn't trying to get there either. Anyhoo, now I could actually see. Not the whole stage, but a good portion of it, and I was still right at the front. However, it didn't come without a price...having the weight of however many thousands of people pushing you chest-first against the metal fence isn't exactly pain-free. :boxed:

Jay-Z played a bit of Umbrella, it was great. Before his last song, he started saying thank-you individually to people ("Thank-you to the guy with the yellow hat..." etc) and caught my eye for a second. Wicked!

And then.

The last act of the last night...none other than Coldplay. They took AGES to set up, their stage was quite elaborate. The pushing was getting pretty unbearable, and I could literally not move an inch of my body--not to mention I was scared that my ribs would crack a couple of times there. People who couldn't take it had no way to get out other than being lifted up and crowd surfing to the edge, where security would help them down. I was considering it a couple of times, but reminded myself that I had come to the festival for Coldplay and wouldn't get another chance like this for a very long while, if ever. It's not every day you get to the front like that--I could almost see the whole stage, except the right-hand side (where, unfortunately, Guy Berryman--bassist--was playing the whole time so I couldn't see him...oh well.). So I stuck it out.