Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HELLO!! I am a HUGE fan of Jhonen Vasquez (creator)

:mf_lustslow::naughty:

Love it! (I know the question wasn't directed towards me, but I felt like answering)

It scares me and creeps me out, but I love it! Gir is my favorite.

Lol. I like the 'Dark Harvest' episode where Zim goes around gathering organs from different people in the school.:blink::naughty:

Lol. I like the 'Dark Harvest' episode where Zim goes around gathering organs from different people in the school.:blink::naughty:

:lmfao: That one's really funny. I love that one, but it's scary.

I haven't watched them in a long time. But once in a while I go on youtube and find compilations of funny Gir moments :lol3:

:mf_lustslow::naughty:

Love it! (I know the question wasn't directed towards me, but I felt like answering)

It scares me and creeps me out, but I love it! Gir is my favorite.

the creator is an absolute genius. like...he cracks me up so much with his wit and sarcasm towards everything, though not recommended to search him out other than invader zim for the kiddies.

here is some...tidbits taken from his online blog that made me laugh.

"I am in the center of some terrifying cricket ritual, surrounded by the elusive things as their chirping pierces my failing sanity."

"House infested with ants like some biblical plague. Drowning them in delicious honey seems to kill them okay, but then MORE come. Why?"

"If all my world's a stage then the people in the front row seats make me want to burn the theater down after blocking the exits"

yep.

I'm scared to post in here in case someone asks me about my nipple knowledge. Which isn't very impressive, but more impressive than my Mika knowledge. :naughty:

I'll just OMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm even though Mika should be sleeping. :sleep_1:

I'm not really too into Invader Zim and stuff like that because... I dunno how to put it. It's too self-consciously "ooooh, so dark and weird and edgy!" for me. The kind of dark and melancholy stuff I like is when the darkness sneaks up on you, surprises you--when it's a subtly menacing undertone in the story. It's more genuinely disturbing that way, and less obnoxious.

What I'm saying is I like the German Romantic children's stories. :naughty: Or Peter Pan. There's a lot of seriously disturbing stuff in Peter Pan, but it's hidden a little bit.

--Jack

the creator is an absolute genius. like...he cracks me up so much with his wit and sarcasm towards everything, though not recommended to search him out other than invader zim for the kiddies.

here is some...tidbits taken from his online blog that made me laugh.

"I am in the center of some terrifying cricket ritual, surrounded by the elusive things as their chirping pierces my failing sanity."

"House infested with ants like some biblical plague. Drowning them in delicious honey seems to kill them okay, but then MORE come. Why?"

"If all my world's a stage then the people in the front row seats make me want to burn the theater down after blocking the exits"

yep.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

I'm not really too into Invader Zim and stuff like that because... I dunno how to put it. It's too self-consciously "ooooh, so dark and weird and edgy!" for me. The kind of dark and melancholy stuff I like is when the darkness sneaks up on you, surprises you--when it's a subtly menacing undertone in the story. It's more genuinely disturbing that way, and less obnoxious.

What I'm saying is I like the German Romantic children's stories. :naughty: Or Peter Pan. There's a lot of seriously disturbing stuff in Peter Pan, but it's hidden a little bit.

--Jack

well see, that why I like to know my background info on artists and shows like that, Invader zim is typically edgy because he was making fun of that and how 'cool' kids would think it was. really the man is hilarious and incredibly witty.

JTHM and Squee. Genuinely disturbing in a laugh-out-loud but pee your pants in fright sort of way.

oo I love old childrens poems or stories because they are REALLY dark.

Alice in wonderland, zomg..that is so trippy and disturbing.

Back on nipples : WHat do we mean by *hard*?

Well, same as your own. :wink2: Look at them when you're warm and relaxed, and then look at them when you're cold or something. You'll see a difference, and male ones are really just the same.

--Jack

Well, same as your own. :wink2: Look at them when you're warm and relaxed, and then look at them when you're cold or something. You'll see a difference, and male ones are really just the same.

--Jack

Wouldn't it be weird if men had soft nipples? :lol3:

well see, that why I like to know my background info on artists and shows like that, Invader zim is typically edgy because he was making fun of that and how 'cool' kids would think it was. really the man is hilarious and incredibly witty.

Oh, I'm sure. I just meant that Invader Zim was different from the kinds of stuff I was talking about when I said I like dark children's stuff. :thumb_yello:

--Jack

--Jack

Fair enough.

Peter Pan kept me awake at night as a child.:naughty:

You mean like the Grimm stories? Bluebeard and Cinderella always struck me as rather bloody stories for children.

JTHM and Squee. Genuinely disturbing in a laugh-out-loud but pee your pants in fright sort of way.

oo I love old childrens poems or stories because they are REALLY dark.

Alice in wonderland, zomg..that is so trippy and disturbing.

Alice in Wonderland is another one that creeped me out.

Oh, I'm sure. I just meant that Invader Zim was different from the kinds of stuff I was talking about when I said I like dark children's stuff. :thumb_yello:

--Jack

ah mmhm. I get what your saying, just pointing out that the underlying intentions of Zim were totally different from what people see at face value.

I love stuff that makes you think.

Fair enough.

Peter Pan kept me awake at night as a child.:naughty:

You mean like the Grimm stories? Bluebeard and Cinderella always struck me as rather bloody stories for children.

Alice in Wonderland is another one that creeped me out.

never heard of bluebeard :blink:

or

"rockabye baby in a tree top, when the wind blows the cradle will rock, when the bow breaks the cradle will fall, and down will come baby, cradle and all."

scary.

never heard of bluebeard :blink:

or

"rockabye baby in a tree top, when the wind blows the cradle will rock, when the bow breaks the cradle will fall, and down will come baby, cradle and all."

scary.

It's about a girl who marries a man with a blue beard in order to save her family (I think that's how it goes?) and then he goes off on a trip, leaving her his set of keys, but tells her not to go into the cellar...or is it a tower? I haven't read it in a while.:blush-anim-cl:

Anyhow, she naturally gets too curious and opens up the room. Inside, she finds all his previous wives who "mysteriously disappeared", all murdered and nailed to the walls. The room is covered in blood. In shock, she drops the set of keys, and some blood gets on the room key. She tries to wash it off, but nothing works. Once she gets the stain off one side, it reappears on the other.

Bluebeard comes home and asks for his keys back. She reluctantly gives them to him, hoping he wouldn't notice, but of course, he does. He says he has to kill her because she knows his secret. He prepares to behead her with his sword, but (and this is where my memory gets really vague) she does something to put him off and also somehow alerts her family of her trouble. Her brothers show up just as he's about to kill her and they slice off his head and put it on a spike. The End.:naughty:

Yeah, that rhyme...:blink:

It's about a girl who marries a man with a blue beard in order to save her family (I think that's how it goes?) and then he goes off on a trip, leaving her his set of keys, but tells her not to go into the cellar...or is it a tower? I haven't read it in a while.:blush-anim-cl:

Anyhow, she naturally gets too curious and opens up the room. Inside, she finds all his previous wives who "mysteriously disappeared", all murdered and nailed to the walls. The room is covered in blood. In shock, she drops the set of keys, and some blood gets on the room key. She tries to wash it off, but nothing works. Once she gets the stain off one side, it reappears on the other.

Bluebeard comes home and asks for his keys back. She reluctantly gives them to him, hoping he wouldn't notice, but of course, he does. He says he has to kill her because she knows his secret. He prepares to behead her with his sword, but (and this is where my memory gets really vague) she does something to put him off and also somehow alerts her family of her trouble. Her brothers show up just as he's about to kill her and they slice off his head and put it on a spike. The End.:naughty:

Yeah, that rhyme...:blink:

:blink:

*goes to look up on internet*

sounds...interesting.

Although best known as a fairy tale, the character of Bluebeard is believed to have been based on the 15th-century Breton nobleman and later self-confessed serial killer, Gilles de Rais.

O_o thank you Wikipedia.

Hahah. I love Grimm Fairy Tales, but they're not what I meant either, 'cause all the violence is on the surface. I mean, Bluebeard is a violent, pretty scary story, but it's not really disturbing to me per se since everything's out in the open. "Alice in Wonderland" is closer. Basically, I mean stories that don't try to scare you with out-and-out violence or blood or anything like that, but ones that creep you out and make you feel uncomfortable because they are eerie and dream-like and make you question things and feel less certain of yourself, and knock you off-balance. :thumb_yello:

Although I certainly do like that story, and especially the various later feminist revisions of it. And I guess when I think of it, it is pretty creepy re: the link of sex and blood in it.

--Jack

Hahah. I love Grimm Fairy Tales, but they're not what I meant either, 'cause all the violence is on the surface. I mean, Bluebeard is a violent, pretty scary story, but it's not really disturbing to me per se since everything's out in the open. "Alice in Wonderland" is closer. Basically, I mean stories that don't try to scare you with out-and-out violence or blood or anything like that, but ones that creep you out and make you feel uncomfortable because they are eerie and dream-like and make you question things and feel less certain of yourself, and knock you off-balance. :thumb_yello:

Although I certainly do like that story, and especially the various later feminist revisions of it. And I guess when I think of it, it is pretty creepy re: the link of sex and blood in it.

--Jack

lol feminist revisions always make things interesting. :thumb_yello:

Although best known as a fairy tale, the character of Bluebeard is believed to have been based on the 15th-century Breton nobleman and later self-confessed serial killer, Gilles de Rais.

O_o thank you Wikipedia.

:blink: Creepy.

--Jack

Ahh, I see what you mean now. Yes, those ones send shivers down my spine. The undertones drive me nuts!

lol feminist revisions always make things interesting. :thumb_yello:

I agree.:bleh: