Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

I can't speak for Sivan and Queenie, but I think that anyone who has traveled to see Mika either has a good job, some money in savings, or both.

It's about priorities as well. I spend very little money on any other forms of travel. I do not own a car which saves me thousands of dollars a year and I can walk to work so my commuting expenses are nil.

I don't have children, I don't have debts to service, I don't drink often or smoke. I get most of my entertainment online so I don't have cable, I don't buy DVDs or many CDs.

For most people I think they make sacrifices in other areas because they want to travel, meet other MFCers and enjoy the gigs. I really don't know anyone who is so flush with cash and has no other responsibilities that they can easily chase Mika anywhere they want.

It's not easy but it's a lot of fun so it's worth it if that's what you really want.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nananaaaa I'm bored and still no Mika blog?

Nope:no:

ERASEEEEE the watermark! I BET YOU CAN ERASE! THE WATERMARK! your trying to replace, a watermark today, so we can see mikas face.......and his head......ERASEEEE......

:lmao:

Im gonna change my avater:mf_rosetinted:

I can't speak for Sivan and Queenie, but I think that anyone who has traveled to see Mika either has a good job, some money in savings, or both. And a lot of MFCers offset the cost of airfare by staying in hostels, which cost considerably less than hotels. Of course, airfare isn't always as expensive in Europe as it is in other parts of the world - because the major cities are often a lot closer together. :thumb_yello:

yeah , *wishes she was able to fly places to see mika*

I don't think you should feel bad; After all, he DID go to Australia last year (around March), did a couple of gigs there, and MFC'ers met him.

:wink2:Of course I know that it's not much, or as much as he did in the US or Europe, but it's certainly more than what for example South America got, no?

I'd say that being in the show and meeting him is way better than the image of Mika in our heads and through the blogs and videos. It's priceless, isn't it?

For most people I think they make sacrifices in other areas because they want to travel, meet other MFCers and enjoy the gigs. I really don't know anyone who is so flush with cash and has no other responsibilities that they can easily chase Mika anywhere they want.

It's not easy but it's a lot of fun so it's worth it if that's what you really want.

yeah! :thumb_yello:

No lol:

Only your back

But I bet some MFCers know what you look like, so next time I will say hi to you missy

i saw her pics in "someone"'s myspace:fisch:

ok, being psychic: maybe one day Mika confuses Lebanon's and Austria's flag and finally comes!

why not:mf_rosetinted:

Ok Dilek :naughty:

what do yo mean?

you'll see my friend you'll see

did i say you'll see:mf_rosetinted:

Just that it doesn't matter much how close Turkey is to Syria, as long as he went back to London in between :naughty:

:bonk:

:naughty:

Is it you?

So next time I'll recognize you :naughty: (while you just recognize my back mwhahahah)

Yes indeed:mf_rosetinted:

what is it of?

It's me holding my selfmade MFC sign, it says: MFC rocks your socks off:punk:Pic was taken by Ingie:naughty:

I'd say that being in the show and meeting him is way better than the image of Mika in our heads and through the blogs and videos. It's priceless, isn't it?

Yes. I have to say I'm a bit bored of Mika at the moment because I know it will be at least a year between gigs for me. I do enjoy watching stuff online and I think it's a great idea for him to do the blogs to reach as many fans as possible. But there is absolutely no comparison to watching him live.

Maybe I'm a bad example because I saw Mika fairly early on, before I was a proper fan really. But I would expect just about everyone feels different after they've been to a concert.

I think I'm going to be pretty lukewarm on Mika until I can start gearing up for another gig.

I spend very little money on any other forms of travel. I do not own a car which saves me thousands of dollars a year and I can walk to work so my commuting expenses are nil.

I don't have children, I don't have debts to service, I don't drink often or smoke. I get most of my entertainment online so I don't have cable, I don't buy DVDs or many CDs.

i bolded the parts which i do :shocked:

now i can see why i can't afford chasing him around the world:naughty:

It's about priorities as well. I spend very little money on any other forms of travel. I do not own a car which saves me thousands of dollars a year and I can walk to work so my commuting expenses are nil.

You are so right: it's totally worth it, and worth cutting other things off in order to do it

Hence why we keep doing mad things like hop on a plane from London to spend less than 3 days in Toronto in the middle of winter for example :naughty:

oh yes, it so is :thumb_yello:

Maybe I'm a bad example because I saw Mika fairly early on, before I was a proper fan really. But I would expect just about everyone feels different after they've been to a concert.

It works both ways, then. I had been living on youtube and mfc for six months before I had my first 'wahh, it's alive :shocked:' experience. Which was priceless, indeed.

i say one thing: bf's credit card.

It helped you a lot huh?:roftl:

One word for why I can't chase Mika around the world:

College.

For me its: School, parent's, the fact that I don't have money, the fact Im not old enough.

It works both ways, then. I had been living on youtube and mfc for six months before I had my first 'wahh, it's alive :shocked:' experience. Which was priceless, indeed.

:naughty: I'm not sure whether to pity or envy people when they talk about seeing Mika for the first time and they cannot believe he's real. I had only seen the Jools Holland performance and a couple of press kit photos of Mika before I saw him in the flesh so I never had that experience.

I was a bit starstruck the next time I saw him because so much time had passed and he had changed so dramatically it was a bit like seeing him for the first time anyway.