Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't you try and hide your true feelings from me, Christine, I don't buy it . After all, I witnessed a couple of fangurl moments that are still in my memory..and on some photographer's cam .

Haha, Christine, your cover is blown! :naughty:

Not that the first bit of Relax sound the same anymore with Sunshine :thumbdown:

Yes, that's the thing. I mean, I could probably do with them messing up any other song, but pleeeaaase not this one. It's not even only Sunshine's failure in the beginning, but the encore that makes me just :blink:.

Why necessarelly France ?

He could go on an Island away from people :naughty:

What do you know? :sneaky2:

I say....Disneyland! :naughty:

That would be way too easy :bleh:

Mika's voice sounds different live than on CD!

That's changed quite a bit since the early days. I saw him in March 2007 and the arrangements (and therefore his vocals) were similar to the album still. He didn't have space to move around so he could more faithfully reproduce the songs because he wasn't jumping, running and just generally hyper.

I was struck though with how much more powerful his voice sounded than on the CD. The first notes of Relax are very muted on the album but he goes full out during live performances.

I don't know if people are getting quite the same impact now with these huge shows and screaming/singing fans. But it was quite dramatic in this little club where there weren't many real fans in the audience.

I didn't have those months of build up and anticipation before the show, but I'll never forget hearing Relax for the first time either. It blew me away.

That's changed quite a bit since the early days. I saw him in March 2007 and the arrangements (and therefore his vocals) were similar to the album still. He didn't have space to move around so he could more faithfully reproduce the songs because he wasn't jumping, running and just generally hyper.

I was struck though with how much more powerful his voice sounded than on the CD. The first notes of Relax are very muted on the album but he goes full out during live performances.

I don't know if people are getting quite the same impact now with these huge shows and screaming/singing fans. But it was quite dramatic in this little club where there weren't many real fans in the audience.

I didn't have those months of build up and anticipation before the show, but I'll never forget hearing Relax for the first time either. It blew me away.

i saw him in November 2007 and in July 2008 and on both concerts i thought his voice is different from the CD...it's just something i can't explain. just the sound of it.

and for the impact of the beginning of "Relax": i totally agree. it blows you away! :mf_lustslow:

anticipation: starts two weeks before the concert, because before it seems too unreal. :bleh:

That would be way too easy :bleh:

And he'd already been discovered by the crowds there :bleh:

To be honest, I don't reeally see the difference between the two Relax but I don't know anything about Music and have only been to one gig with Luke and one with Sunshine so...and the crowds screaming are maybe a part of that too...

I hope you're aware that you are being mean here :thumbdown:

*still wants the Koko performance on DVD in HQ :wub2:*

And he'd already been discovered by the crowds there :bleh:

They could well have listed him as an additional attraction. So people are not only queueing to have their pic taken with Pluto and the Princesses, but also Mika.. nothing very new to him anyway :roftl:

...well, it is something to keep you busy on a Friday night :naughty:

Haha that always funny to see. Here is still the day, but I know tonight I'm gonna stay at home as usual. I almost forgot Friday is my favourite day, specially Friday the 13th (which is Good luck for me, bad luck is Tuesday the 13th :wink2:)

I remember waking up in the morning, and reading in the Aussie: 'Goodnight everybody!" :naughty:That's funny. I feel that it's gonna be similar with the Olympic games in Beijing

yes, and i still owe him the money. :boxed:

Oh no, Iris. He should at least give you the ticket to ONE show as a gift because he loves you :wub2:...:naughty:

Don't you try and hide your true feelings from me, Christine, I don't buy it :naughty: . After all, I witnessed a couple of fangurl moments that are still in my memory..and on some photographer's cam :roftl:.

:naughty: I won't deny I'm a fangurl through and through when he's on stage. But I'm not thinking "OMG it's really Mika!"

Maybe there was a bit of that surreality at my second gig because I'd waited so long for it, but that's long gone now.

I hope you're aware that you are being mean here :thumbdown:

Sorry, it's a bummer for me too. None of us can turn back time.

*still wants the Koko performance on DVD in HQ :wub2:*

I think I may have something fairly HQish. I'll have a look this weekend.

Thank you. It's part of that RAH shirt he hates. :sneaky2:

Ah come on VS, he doesn't hate the Tshirt.

He likes the Tshirt, but he hates the idea of a gig at the RAH :naughty:

Why necessarelly France ?

He could go on an Island away from people :naughty:

Ahem..cause that is what the Mastah himself said.

Very. And athough the album is really very good (for me at least) and one of very few I can listen to without feeling the need to skip a song, I could do without it for any of his live gigs. You just don't get all the facets of his voice on the cd.

Totally true: I never listen to LICM anymore; Only to the mp3's of my gigs. Despite all our horrific singing, LOL!

That would be a good one.

"Where Am I Now?"

Half way up a French mountain!!!

Actually, I would LOVE for Mika to go camping, and vlog from his tent :roftl:. Now THAT would really, really be good v/blogging material.

:naughty:"How to make the perfect cup of tea with a camping-gas"

it was absolutely amazing, but the stage was so high above and far away!

I agree, the stage in Amsterdam was waaay to high up...Madrid was a LOT better. We were so incredibly close there!! At the front row, bang on in the center:wub2:.

Yes.

The first time I saw him live was last July at the ICA itunes gig, which was tiny (they only gave out 250 tix and I reckon that there were less people than that there so we were in petit committee)

It was absolutely AMAZING, and I was walking on air afterwards.

In fact, you can see the look of absolute elation on my face still long after the gig finished:

M.jpg

The first time I saw him live was last July at the ICA itunes gig, which was tiny (they only gave out 250 tix and I reckon that there were less people than that there so we were in petit committee)

It was absolutely AMAZING, and I was walking on air afterwards.

In fact, you can see the look of absolute elation on my face still long after the gig finished:

M.jpg

Aww lovely pic Sara :biggrin2:

But why is he not looking to the camera? :naughty: and why the apple pose :naughty:

:naughty: I won't deny I'm a fangurl through and through when he's on stage. But I'm not thinking "OMG it's really Mika!"

I am SO quoting that :roftl:

Aww lovely pic Sara :biggrin2:

But why is he not looking to the camera? :naughty: and why the apple pose :naughty:

I have no clue why he's looking elsewhere; Mika works in mysterious ways :bleh:.

And it was still the time where he did the apple pose for all pictures (until we started bitching about it, that he stopped) :roftl:

I am SO quoting that :roftl:

I have no clue why he's looking elsewhere; Mika works in mysterious ways :bleh:.

And it was still the time where he did the apple pose for all pictures (until we started bitching about it, that he stopped) :roftl:

LOL! Thank God he stopped it :roftl:

:

I think I may have something fairly HQish. I'll have a look this weekend.

:blush-anim-cl:

Ah come on VS, he doesn't hate the Tshirt.

He likes the Tshirt, but he hates the idea of a gig at the RAH :naughty:

..hence he hates the T-shirt *sigh* I will never please him *grumble*

*note that I am fairly drunk, hence the fangurl... isn't it amazing that you can be drunk but still be able to type all that nonsense..:blink: Just don't listen to me...*

Actually, I would LOVE for Mika to go camping, and vlog from his tent . Now THAT would really, really be good v/blogging material.

"How to make the perfect cup of tea with a camping-gas"

..yes, and all that time he'd have the same facial expression as in the mud blog.. aww and I could so relate to it, because I just hate camping from the bottom of my heart :roftl:

M-1.jpg

Seeing this picture again just made my night :roftl: Thank you! :lmfao:

..hence he hates the T-shirt *sigh* I will never please him *grumble*

*note that I am fairly drunk, hence the fangurl... isn't it amazing that you can be drunk but still be able to type all that nonsense..:blink: Just don't listen to me...*

..yes, and all that time he'd have the same facial expression as in the mud blog.. aww and I could so relate to it, because I just hate camping from the bottom of my heart :roftl:

M-1.jpg

Seeing this picture again just made my night :roftl: Thank you!

ONCE AGAIN:

HE DOES NOT HATE THE T-SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said that they were nice!

Dammit woman, accept it. That picture is an artistic masterpiece. Ok?

I'm sorry, am in a pic posting mood now. Check this little thing that I made on the beach the other day, hehehehe..

IMG_3427.jpg

Oh yes, it really does!:wub2:

But I can't help that I miss Luke's way of playing in Relax!:boxed:

But I can't help that I miss Luke's way of playing in Relax!:boxed:

I also miss Luke's way of playing, and in general his more "normal" and amiable persona.

Here another random pic I took (too lazy to get up):

IMG_3449.jpg

And now the all important question: Do you prefer my creation BEFORE THE CURLS:

IMG_3426.jpg

or AFTER?:

IMG_3427.jpg

I take votes :thumb_yello::naughty: