Go to MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 4)

Fmbm

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, in order to avoid all this random crap that Mika gets on each of his blogs, I think that he's missing a "comment" area in his blog.

If he had one centralised area for people to post random comments, the individual blogs would be left with only the comments that are relevant to them, and the whole thing would be tidier.

I think that he could do with some structure in there. If he categorises better, it will be nicer and make more sense than how it is now, where you get 700 comments that have nothing to do with anything, all in one pile that makes no sense.

My thoughts, anyway :naughty:.

That's a brilliant idea and I really think it might work - it does on youtube :naughty:

we call it file 13

Is that a technical term? :naughty:

this kind of comments is a little bit annoying but is sucks you don't know if you will have the chance to see one show in your own country, so some people exaggerate but also give a discount, okay?

But he does the best he can and - being told over and over again to go to a country when he's already scheduling as much as he can is not going to help.

I do understand that it's frustrating when he can't get over to a particular country, but I don't think badgering him and his crew about it is going to make him work any harder than he already is.

I agree with Artsyfartsy: He does what he can and wants to, and pestering him about the same thing over and over won't help matters.

It's perfect to let him know, but it comes to a point when the same message said a hundred times just makes it lose it's strength.

as much as I feel some of the comments I read are repetitive or off topic... and some are even childish, I still believe the whole idea behind his blog is to get his fans' feedback and interact with him...and that means expressing whatever is on their mind... be it begging him to marry them, come to their country, or confessing their love for him...fans come in different shapes and form... and interests...

I think it was because of the messages that he was receiving from South America that he realized it was important for him to do a gig their next year... it's an open forum for everyone to express themselves, irrespective of whether we agree with them or relate to the way they feel/think... after all it is not MY blog for me to dictate what type of comments should be deemed acceptable or not...

So MY feedback is what I expressed :wink2:.

The problem with having all those "spammy" comments in the same place as the genuine blog related ones, is that they make the whole reading experience a nightmare for anyone who is trying to shift through them trying to find the ones that they actually have an interest in.

I doubt that Mika highly loves those comments, or even reads them. If anything, I'm sure that finding that sort of comment so often will only make him either not read ANY of them. or miss half of perfectly interesting or funny "real" ones, just becuase there is so much junk.

I would be quite surprised if Mika or any artist would highly value or have an interest in people asking him out, or repetitevely asking (demanding?) him to go there.

Anyway, he could also have different "walls" for different things, and one of them could be "requests for gigs", where fans could put the countries where they would like him to go.

Once a country was there already, that could be it, he knows we want him to go, we know that he knows, and noone else neeeds to post AGAIN asking for that country.

Mika ,take note please :naughty:. That would really make him get a lot less crap.

Or the usual: nothing at all :naughty:

Yeah..

Liar. :thumbdown:

Did you really expect him to blog?:naughty:

He's "working hard" in the studio :rolls_eyes:

In the studio, or somewhere else?:das:

Dayum these pics make it seem like he has a large nose:shocked:

Yeah, as if his nose is so small in reality:naughty:

Is that a technical term? :naughty:

I agree with Artsyfartsy: He does what he can and wants to, and pestering him about the same thing over and over won't help matters.

It's perfect to let him know, but it comes to a point when the same message said a hundred times just makes it lose it's strength.

So MY feedback is what I expressed :wink2:.

The problem with having all those "spammy" comments in the same place as the genuine blog related ones, is that they make the whole reading experience a nightmare for anyone who is trying to shift through them trying to find the ones that they actually have an interest in.

I doubt that Mika highly loves those comments, or even reads them. If anything, I'm sure that finding that sort of comment so often will only make him either not read ANY of them. or miss half of perfectly interesting or funny "real" ones, just becuase there is so much junk.

I would be quite surprised if Mika or any artist would highly value or have an interest in people asking him out, or repetitevely asking (demanding?) him to go there.

Anyway, he could also have different "walls" for different things, and one of them could be "requests for gigs", where fans could put the countries where they would like him to go.

Once a country was there already, that could be it, he knows we want him to go, we know that he knows, and noone else neeeds to post AGAIN asking for that country.

Mika ,take note please :naughty:. That would really make him get a lot less crap.

i don't know if it's a technical term, i doubt it, i think it just sounds good lol

i also think that we are the ones who asked to have this "leave comments" section of his site... not him, so i'm not sure he even reads them at all. i hope he does, some are quite funny actually :naughty: i like to read what people write, it's entertaining. :bleh:

i don't know if it's a technical term, i doubt it, i think it just sounds good lol

i also think that we are the ones who asked to have this "leave comments" section of his site... not him, so i'm not sure he even reads them at all. i hope he does, some are quite funny actually :naughty: i like to read what people write, it's entertaining. :bleh:

Haha, I find some comments very entertaining aswell. I also read comments on Youtube sometimes:blush-anim-cl:Not only with Mika stuff.

i also think that we are the ones who asked to have this "leave comments" section of his site... not him, so i'm not sure he even reads them at all.

I think he always wanted feedback and eventually Mikasounds sent out an email soliciting comments. Mika told someone at a gig that there were technical problems and they were trying to get it sorted.

But after the way things played out I think they just hadn't figured out the registration option. I think if I'd started digging around earlier I may have been able to comment right from day one. But I had heard it was broken so I didn't try until they were asking us to make comments and we still couldn't get in.

they definitely wanted people to comment, they were just facing some technical problems...

it was so hilarious when he started sending comments to himself asking for help... and then you came to the rescue :roftl:

well at least he is humble enough to ask for help when he needs it... i'm just surprised his own "people" couldn't figure it out. unless he was trying to solve it on his own. :wink2:

well at least he is humble enough to ask for help when he needs it... i'm just surprised his own "people" couldn't figure it out. unless he was trying to solve it on his own. :wink2:

Yeah, I thought that was odd

when I met them backstage in Beirut's gig and explained that the comments section was not working they were surprised and promised to fix it... and they did shortly afterwards... and I agree that he is quiet humble to ask for his fans help instead of some IT person ... it is a nice charactaristic...

Yeah, I think he's nice!

-- Guess he's both!

it was so hilarious when he started sending comments to himself asking for help... and then you came to the rescue :roftl:

Yeah just when I think I'm bored of Mika and his big star routine he does something like that and cracks me up. :roftl:

I'm not sure that anyone understood what the problem was. Mikablog had posted some test comments earlier so they knew the comments were working. I think it just didn't occur to anyone that others couldn't post because they weren't logged into an account.

It didn't take them long to figure out how to turn the registration feature off once we all started registering accounts. If they'd done that earlier people would have been able to post right from the start. I don't think anything was ever "broken".

Yeah just when I think I'm bored of Mika and his big star routine he does something like that and cracks me up. :roftl:

Totally feel the same here!:wub2:

I'm not sure that anyone understood what the problem was. Mikablog had posted some test comments earlier so they knew the comments were working. I think it just didn't occur to anyone that others couldn't post because they weren't logged into an account.

It didn't take them long to figure out how to turn the registration feature off once we all started registering accounts. If they'd done that earlier people would have been able to post right from the start. I don't think anything was ever "broken".

It was a clear case of Mika or Team Mika not following the RTFM technology........

Read The F*cking Manual :roftl: