The Australian Thread: Part Seventeen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found one of Anthony's films, Friendly Persuasion!! But I'm not sure if it's going to end up working out because it's going VERY slowly. But it's a start!

WOOOOOO! Is he a psycho killer in it too? :naughty:

If it works you have to give us the link! :biggrin2:

Yes, yes it is *FG*

NOPE! IT DIDN'T EVEN!

But it should have. Ambrose should have been in the picture. I apologise. To Ambrose's fans and to Ambrose himself. And to the cheque, which is now lonely. *inserts a picture of Ambrose from today to make up*

(He was eating grass, if you were wondering why the funny face. He considers himself a bit of a sheep :smth: )

P1060809.jpg

P1060811.jpg

Oooooh, I forgot to show my poster pictures!!!

It's not finished, both because I ran out, and because I got annoyed at the irregular patch I'd left myself and couldn't figure out how to fit in my remaining stuff. And I left some gaps specially for when I get my hands on more posters of that shape/size :naughty:

Figure 1: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll134/oakie_doke/P1060758.jpg

Figure 2: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll134/oakie_doke/P1060765.jpg

Figure wow-my-room-is-so-neat-and-organised: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll134/oakie_doke/P1060766.jpg

My genius design of hiding the obvious I'm-a-Mika-fangirl posters:

Clipboard01-4.jpg

See, I see them perfectly, but anyone who comes in my room doesn't *pbs*

Hahahahaahah !!! You are sooo frikken hilarious OKD !!! Have I ever told you that ??? If I haven't ... I have been neglectful ... 'cos you crack me up laughing almost every single post .... I imagined that I had 'laughed out loud' with you every time ... anyway ... THANKS !!! :lmfao:

I know and Petra didn't come back to see it :tears;

I went home where I don't have internet :crybaby:

"Having visited Australia for a handful of shows in August that sold out in record time. The Kooks were welcomed to almost deafening screams by Australian fans who lined for entry around the corner and up the alley, well before the doors opened."

Guess that answers our question, doesn't it!!!!

Here is my experience:

Robbie Williams with 60,000 others:

we turned up at 1PM and ended up 20th row or so which is GOOD for Robbie but it was **** anyway as we couldn't see a thing

Mika in Duesseldorf (capacity of about 4.000):

turned up at 1PM and would have DEFINITELY been first row centre if it hadn't been for some stupid, audacious, unfriendly, unfair other fans and **** security guys

Mika in London, Brixton (Dec 07) (4,889):

turned up at 10AM and ended up first row centre

for Mika in London, February 08:

I turned up on all three days at about 9 to 10AM and ened up first row leftish in front of Martin on all 3 days. However, some other MFCer (Cynthia M) turned up at 5AM in Hammersmith (1st date), 4AM on the first Brixton date and at 2AM (!) on the last Brixton date (which was, if I may say so, the most stupid thing she could do because Brixton is not a nice place and sleeping, all alone, in front of a venue in a little alley is just suicidal there); other started queuing at 7AM. However, a few people turned up until like 11AM and then there was nothing until like 4PM or so. The same goes for Duesseldorf.

And when we were in the venue we waited, honestly, no exaggeration here, for TWENTY more minutes until we had a second row behind us. And those guys behind us told us that they hadn't queued AT ALL but had just come from dinner. :boxed:

The Kooks in that church in Cologne (300):

I turned up at like 5.30PM (I searched for a parking space for 45min. I hate Cologne.) and there were already 15 people waiting. I ended up second row in front of Dan. We (me and two others) could have been first row but I was pushed aside and I don't like pushing back and.. oh well.

The Kooks in the Palladium in Cologne (4,000):

I was less obsessed and turned up at 5PM as well and ended up 2nd/3rd row in front of Dan - BUT I was so severely squashed that I left during the third song and settled down in the right corner of the venue where I actually had SPACE around me. I could only see Hugh and parts of luke's head but... IT WAS GREAT because I so much prefer not being squashed and having space to move.

The Holloways in London (various places):

Turn up whenever you want and get first row.

The Kooks at the Apple Store (400):

Turned up at 4.30PM and got first row centre (which was the best gig I ever went to); but we had won tickets and we had GREAT security guys that didnt just open the gates with an "Now all in" but let us in in pairs.

Generally - you can come as early as you want. If you are unlucky in the precious two minutes (from when they open the gates to when you are in the venue), you don't end up first row centre (which is ****). This happened to some of the MFCers queuing at brixton from 7AM on. If you listen to the security guys that scream "WALK! DON'T RUN!" at you, you are screwed up because the **** people will NOT stop and go for it.

So what for Melbourne? Aim at 10AM if you want to be suresure or go at 12 to be fine, too. However, I don't know if getting centre is what you want - being first row centre at a Kooks gig is DANGEROUS. I have no idea where you people have already been to but The Kooks were the most dangerous gigs I ever went to (ok, I've more or less just been to Mika). If one is first row, then things are ok because one has this barrier to hold on to but everything behind that is simply mayhem and if you are not a crowdsurfing idiot yourself, then better aim at first row Hugh (as Dan is gone :mad3:).

No idea though.

Must ... make it ... to the end of ... argentinian Paul photo album ...

*shares Paul smiling picture with fan subtley cropped out to subdue Tanya and Petra*

Paul12cortada.JPG

How can one single man be so INCREDIBLY handsome???

Also, the Kooks forum version of the Mikagasmic thread is HILARIOUS. That forum is basically completely unmoderated :naughty:

Yes. They call the new/old bassist Pete "Pete the Rapist". And NOBODY botheres telling them off :lmao:

Oh BTW! I have had that Billy Brown poster up for like .. 2 months, and TODAY I suddenly realised there is a comic strip in the circles! How did I never notice that!?! And one of the scenes is of an orgy :lmfao:

You didn't see that??? There is a gang bang on it :lmao:.

ALSO, someone in the Mika-clothing-links-thread linked to this: http://www.80stees.com/products/Pac-Man-Belt.asp

Pac_Man-Belt.jpg

Which my friend that wanted the jellyfish necklace and who's birthday is soon TOTALLY wants. Now I can't decide if I should make her the necklace and earrings, or I should buy her this belt.

... it IS just the one belt she'd get then, because including postage it's expensive and I'm poor :naughty:, but on the other hand the necklace could turn out dodgy, and this is offical Noel Fielding fan-paraphernalia :naughty:

YIIIIIIIIII-HA!!!

I remember the "WTF, I just don't get it, it's like entirely different band members in every photo, I can only recognise the one with the rabbi haircut" conversations ... :roftl:

Well, we were young and innocent :das:.

It's okay, no one could resist Paul when he cracks a smile like that. *will crack Paul if he doesn't fix his arm up well and good by January*

Indeed :shocked:.

There ARE moderaters, but they just don't DO anything :naughty:

Better than some mod-overreactions we are facing on other boards :sneaky2:.

Luke: "Yeah, the jetlag thing is worse when you're coming into the future, like coming to Australia is coming into the future, yeah, when it's the future it makes it worse than if your going into the past."

Hugh: "It's got to do with stars, humans are meant to travel that far so fast, the stars screw them up."

Luke: "Stars?" *laughs in a way of omg-stop-trying-to-sound-intelligent,-just-talk-about-time-travel-like-I-am,-idiot*

:rolls_eyes: Where's Paul when they need him? :naughty;

You know, I need to watch that. :roftl:

They both are prone (vocab?) to saying stupid things, you know? Although Hugh is definitely a pretty pretty damn intelligent guy (I guess) - they both screw up during interviews :boxed:. Well, I wouldn't be better, so... you know?

Not just a pretty face, then! I've got them all too now, so I really think I'll be off then. Early start tomorrow, and I have like 2 hours sleep last night :roftl:

And they shouldn't be so openly stupid then :naughty: And Luke's socks hurt my brain. And have you got any clue why they stopped playing Mr Maker and were laughing? :naughty;

Again? They already laughed during Shine On :roftl:

*has finally finished the Paul album and so can go to sleep*

*shares a few more*

Paul31.jpg

paul03.jpg

He sooo totally took this of himself, awwwww!

Paul35----.jpg

Did he borrow Luke's curling iron? Awwwwwwwwww!! What a beautiful man!!! :wub2:

001111111111221.jpg

:cheerful_h4h:

I was just looking at number 3 and ... how many times have you seen Paul wearing a polo shirt? Is that a school uniform?? He has got exceptionally long hair there ...

..because he looks fricking good in it and he knows it.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww............... *quotes without quoting*

KOOKSBLACKSWEATER-thumb-540x360.jpg

l_ec88a1057a8977b5d864a53d7c7780d6.jpg

00111111111122222222223333333333444.jpg

Hello OKD .... :punk: ... did you already say hi to me in your MQ ... or did I miss it .... pffft ... :sneaky2:

She is back!!! :bye:

WOOOOOO! Is he a psycho killer in it too? :naughty:

If it works you have to give us the link! :biggrin2:

I think he kills people. But not because he's psycho. I think he's forced to go to war.

I just went to Youtube to get you a link for the trailer of Friendly Persuasion and I found this incredibly adorable clip from another film.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVf4seWI7-U&feature=related

Hahahahaahah !!! You are sooo frikken hilarious OKD !!! Have I ever told you that ??? If I haven't ... I have been neglectful ... 'cos you crack me up laughing almost every single post .... I imagined that I had 'laughed out loud' with you every time ... anyway ... THANKS !!!

Haha!! :wub2: Thanks! :lmfao: *pbs*

Laughing WITH me or AT me? Oh, who cares :naughty:

Generally - you can come as early as you want. If you are unlucky in the precious two minutes (from when they open the gates to when you are in the venue), you don't end up first row centre (which is ****). This happened to some of the MFCers queuing at brixton from 7AM on. If you listen to the security guys that scream "WALK! DON'T RUN!" at you, you are screwed up because the **** people will NOT stop and go for it.

So what for Melbourne? Aim at 10AM if you want to be suresure or go at 12 to be fine, too. However, I don't know if getting centre is what you want - being first row centre at a Kooks gig is DANGEROUS. I have no idea where you people have already been to but The Kooks were the most dangerous gigs I ever went to (ok, I've more or less just been to Mika). If one is first row, then things are ok because one has this barrier to hold on to but everything behind that is simply mayhem and if you are not a crowdsurfing idiot yourself, then better aim at first row Hugh (as Dan is gone).

No idea though.

Hmmmm. Hmmmmmm. Hmmmm.....

Interesting. So is it worth it to stand in line 10 hours longer than other people to be one or two lines in front of them?

... probably

But yeah, hmm .. front row definately makes it much safer, but to the side also makes it much safer, because I let Eliza and Dani have the centre positions at British India and the Fratellis and I was third from centre, and no one pushed me at all, but they were completely molested :lmfao:

How can one single man be so INCREDIBLY handsome???

I don't know, I just don't know.

Yes. They call the new/old bassist Pete "Pete the Rapist". And NOBODY botheres telling them off

I love that sooo much. He so is :naughty:

You didn't see that??? There is a gang bang on it.

OMG Exactly! :roftl: I don't know how I didnt! I just look at it and go "Ooooh, pretty colouuuurrrsssss!"

Well, we were young and innocent.

:rolls_eyes:

They both are prone (vocab?) to saying stupid things, you know? Although Hugh is definitely a pretty pretty damn intelligent guy (I guess) - they both screw up during interviews . Well, I wouldn't be better, so... you know?

I know, you know?

Again? They already laughed during Shine On

Yes, again

Did he borrow Luke's curling iron? Awwwwwwwwww!! What a beautiful man!!!

Luke doesn't have a curling iron. He used Mika's.

I think he kills people. But not because he's psycho. I think he's forced to go to war.

I just went to Youtube to get you a link for the trailer of Friendly Persuasion and I found this incredibly adorable clip from another film.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVf4seWI7-U&feature=related

Haha!

Awwwwww! I can't listen to it here, but it looks adorable *pbs*

:cheerful_h4h: Petra !!!! Hiya !! JC_howdy.gif

Back from internet-absence! How was RL? :blink:

Hmmmm. Hmmmmmm. Hmmmm.....

Interesting. So is it worth it to stand in line 10 hours longer than other people to be one or two lines in front of them?

... probably

Yes.

Plus - would you be able to live a normal day until 5PM? :boxed:

But yeah, hmm .. front row definately makes it much safer, but to the side also makes it much safer, because I let Eliza and Dani have the centre positions at British India and the Fratellis and I was third from centre, and no one pushed me at all, but they were completely molested :lmfao:

Hehe :naughty:

I don't know, I just don't know.

So you DON'T know? :boxed:

I love that sooo much. He so is :naughty;

Yep, Pedo Pete is back :lmao:.

OMG Exactly! :roftl: I don't know how I didnt! I just look at it and go "Ooooh, pretty colouuuurrrsssss!"

DOH2!!!

I know, you know?

I knew. :naughty:

Yes, again

How unprofessional :mf_rosetinted:

Luke doesn't have a curling iron. He used Mika's.

That actually made me :lmfao: in front of the complete office :fisch:.

Awwwwww! I can't listen to it here, but it looks adorable *pbs*

"I hope, that in your lives, you have just the right amount of sitting quietly at home and just the right amount of adventure!" *cheesy grin*

So I started downloading a new movie of his because the other one was taking too long. This one is called 'On The Beach' and it only has 7 hours and 14 minutes left until it's finished downloading! :naughty:

Yes.

Plus - would you be able to live a normal day until 5PM?

Good point, good point :naughty:

I knew.

Okay, good to know you know, you know?

How unprofessional :mf_rosetinted:

How stupid :mf_rosetinted:

That actually made me :lmfao: in front of the complete office.

Sorry :blush-anim-cl:

"I hope, that in your lives, you have just the right amount of sitting quietly at home and just the right amount of adventure!" *cheesy grin*

So I started downloading a new movie of his because the other one was taking too long. This one is called 'On The Beach' and it only has 7 hours and 14 minutes left until it's finished downloading!

Awwwwww! *saves for listening to later*

Ooooh, link?

Oh nooo! Wait, how many MBs is it? :tears: Ergh, I can't stand having a download limit :tears:

Ooooh, link?

Oh nooo! Wait, how many MBs is it? :tears: Ergh, I can't stand having a download limit :tears:

You use torrents, right? Here you go.. http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/2105077/On-The-Beach-1959-XviD-H-263-avi

It says that it's 1400MB and it's downloading at a rate of about 30-40KB/s. What's your limit? I think we have a limit as well but I don't know what it is. I've probably gone over it this month. :naughty: