The Australian Thread: Part Seventeen

Rainbow Sky

The letter they sent back:

sssspw3.jpg

But I had this highly offical looking slip for them to fill in :naughty:

fghjghjsk0.jpg

(Although the check and everything is to me and I could easily have been lying :blink: Actually, the donations were supposed to be in before we paid the money, but ... money is money, who cares if the money I paid ISV isn;t the exact money CWA gave me? :naughty:)

That's great that they helped you OKD !! CWA is really quite amazing .... I saw a great doco. about them on ABC a few months ago ... their reputation is all scones & tea & generally 'old school' but ..... they actually are involved in a lot more than I knew about ! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OKD !!! You have never heard of the CWA ???!! (or Pesto ... )

I'm uncultured :naughty:

Random. At least it worked. Who were the other 39 you wrote to? (I ask because I'm thinking of doing a placement overseas in a year but dunno how I'm gonna get the dough to do so.)

Okay, but the others never replied. Hmm, I looked up all Alcoa and Rio tinto and everything, but they say all this "we don't support individuals" or "we don't support things out of the local community" kind of crap. I sent one to Mirvac Fini because I did a project with them/they sponsored me when I went to America in high school, and I did Satterly while I was at it. And I did all the local newspapers. ISV said if we offer to give them info for/write a little article about our trip they would sponsor us :smth: The people on the ISV Facebook group had some insights if you wanted to do a big fundraising thing, but I'm too lazy/shy for that :naughty:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2204964598&topic=2361

This is the good post (incase it's private or something):

I have already raised $3600 for my trip. Here is what I have done:

1. Sent letters to friends, family members, and past places of employment asking for sponsorship. I used ISV's sponorship letter, I just personalized the letter a lot more.

2. Dropped flyers off at houses around my area asking them to leave their empty bottles and cans outside of their houses on a certain date and time, (said that they would be helping my fundraise money to volunteer) and then I went and picked them up.

3. Threw a pub night. This is the one where I raised the most money so far. What you do is get in contact with one of your local pubs/bars. They will give you a price (mine was 8.50/person) which is to pay for a burger and a beer for everyperson. Once you have the price you print up tickets and charge a certain amount. I charged 15 for each ticket (so I made 6.50 off of it). Seeing as the price of the ticket would not be enough, I decided to do other things as well that night. I had a table set up full of items for a silent auction that various people donated (like furnature, golf passes, gift baskets, ect.). I also had a 50/50 and raffle tickets that people could purchase for a pair of Canucks tickets. Also, I had everyone who came put their ticket into a box for a door prize (its nice for them to have a chance to get something out of the deal). The whole fundraiser went really well. About 50 people came and I raised about $1500.

I would highly reccommend this idea to anyone who is looking to raise some money!

Oh, there's also Rotary and Lotto people, but they want you to fill out all these forms and stuff and I kind of left it too late and couldnt be bothered trying to justify the trip and such :naughty: Especially because 80% of the trip cost is for the adventure tour half :fisch:

Remember what I told you about verbal abuse :sneaky2:

That lovely bastard always steals the limelight :mf_rosetinted:

That's great that they helped you OKD !! CWA is really quite amazing .... I saw a great doco. about them on ABC a few months ago ... their reputation is all scones & tea & generally 'old school' but ..... they actually are involved in a lot more than I knew about ! :thumb_yello:

I still don't know who they are :naughty:

Hello Kelzy!!

How was your day?

Hey Sarah!! *uses your real name to test out of you mind or not* *zhhz*

Mine was nahce! *PBS*

I'm preparing myself to watch Hilary S**** in Buffy now. Or perhaps Twin peaks..

OMG Hedwig and the angry inch was hilarious and brilliant. I love Wig in a Box!! :bow:

How are you? Having fun spamming this thread with youtube links much? :bleh:

Hey Sarah!! *uses your real name to test out of you mind or not* *zhhz*

Mine was nahce! *PBS*

I'm preparing myself to watch Hilary S**** in Buffy now. Or perhaps Twin peaks..

OMG Hedwig and the angry inch was hilarious and brilliant. I love Wig in a Box!! :bow:

How are you? Having fun spamming this thread with youtube links much? :bleh:

I don't mind. :thumb_yello:

I'm good thanks! I certainly am having fun. It's a bad habit of mine. :naughty:

Okay, but the others never replied. Hmm, I looked up all Alcoa and Rio tinto and everything, but they say all this "we don't support individuals" or "we don't support things out of the local community" kind of crap. I sent one to Mirvac Fini because I did a project with them/they sponsored me when I went to America in high school, and I did Satterly while I was at it. And I did all the local newspapers. ISV said if we offer to give them info for/write a little article about our trip they would sponsor us :smth: The people on the ISV Facebook group had some insights if you wanted to do a big fundraising thing, but I'm too lazy/shy for that :naughty:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2204964598&topic=2361

This is the good post (incase it's private or something):

Oh, there's also Rotary and Lotto people, but they want you to fill out all these forms and stuff and I kind of left it too late and couldnt be bothered trying to justify the trip and such :naughty: Especially because 80% of the trip cost is for the adventure tour half :fisch:

Wow, that's a lot of work. :boxed: *justifies canceling plans for overseas placement :naughty:*

OMG Hedwig and the angry inch was hilarious and brilliant.

:cheerful_h4h:

I'm uncultured :naughty:

That lovely bastard always steals the limelight :mf_rosetinted:

Trust me....you didn't need to point that out:naughty:

Don't you use those glasses on me missy *whispers* feel free to squeeze Ambrose into your luggage for a visit :wink2:

Me too! I'll be on 3000 soon! :shocked: It's taken me long enough to get there.

Na-night! :huglove:

I'm sure my vid shop has heaps in the nostalgia section.

Have you tried youtube at all? Are you torrenting?

Goodnight Tan! :bye:

G'night Tan & SD .... Sweet dreams ...

Oh, I'm still here. I was just saying goodnight to Tanya. Do you honestly think I would go to bed at 10:15pm in the holidays? :naughty:

I'm sure my vid shop has heaps in the nostalgia section.

Have you tried youtube at all? Are you torrenting?

I'll have to check next time I'm at blockbuster. My local one isn't huge but they might have a couple.

I've tried youtube and I'm currently downloading a torrent of On The Beach (it's set in Australia!), and it's at 30%. But it's been taking a while.

:shocked: Has she tried youtube ??!!! :lmfao::wink2:

:naughty::roftl:

Oh, I'm still here. I was just saying goodnight to Tanya. Do you honestly think I would go to bed at 10:15pm in the holidays? :naughty:

I'll have to check next time I'm at blockbuster. My local one isn't huge but they might have a couple.

I've tried youtube and I'm currently downloading a torrent of On The Beach (it's set in Australia!), and it's at 30%. But it's been taking a while.

:naughty::roftl:

Aah ... ok ... I mis-read the 'me too' in your previous post !

On The Beach is a famous old film ... strangely tho' , I still haven't seen it ... :smth: ..... I think there was a remake about 10ish years ago with Leonardo DiCaprio .... called 'The Beach' .... dunno how it is tho' either .

Hello guyyyssssss,

Proposal for those who liked to obsessively edit Silver's Mika pictures (Kelzy?? :naughty:)

Would someone with superior photoshop skills be able to fix a photo a bit for me? Tonight?

This is the cropped-to-size original: http://img111.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=84729_P1030674_122_810lo.JPG

This is my pathetic attempt at photoshopping it to look nicer: http://img111.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=84729_P1030674_122_810lo.JPG

It looks pretty stupid :naughty: And I have no idea how to make it look less flash-right-in-her-face-y

Oh yeah, so Margaret's bird ... died. I walked out there and she was dead on the bottom of her cage. Horrible, we have NO idea what happened to her, she was fine no more than half an hour earlier - fine! And then dead! I'm suuuper worried about Piggy now, I freaking put Piggy in Sam's cage with her yesterday! :shocked:

Anyway, Margaret is understandably upset, we got Piggy and Sam together! 4 years ago! :tears: And on Thursday at 3am she is going to Melbourne for a week and a half and then going straight to Europe/etc with my dad, so I wanted to try and print and frame a picture of Sam for her tomorrow, but stupid me has been putting off properly photoshooting Sam and the only pictures I have of her were taken at night with a stupid flash :sneaky2:

*wanders in singing "I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus... koo koo ca choo"*

It's so sad you're .... umm ... not!

Okay! Is there stuff near that venue place?

And you didn't?

It's a bit difficult to be excited by multiple storey shopping centres when there's one in town... and we occasionally go to ones in Sydney...

Yeah... there's heaps of food type places... I can only remember the Love Sac shop and Lollipop World (Bec and Liz will know it!)

This computer has the new version of Word, and I honestly can not find the print button

Ah yes, Office 2007... hard to find stuff in... I still don't know where half the stuff is in it (could be because I swap between 2007 and 2003)

haha thats awesome! lol! and on my crappy directions! lol

I forsee a great future in IT supprt for you! :naughty:

I like drummers. *das*

I like guitarists... and bass guitarists... :das:

Have you seen a guitarist's fingers??? They usually have quite thin fingers... let me prove that point...

Adam25-1.jpg

Yes... any excuse to post a picture of Adam...

Holy crap it is Melbourne.

Chrislyn had a bad one but certainly wasn't in the bottom three IMO...but then I thought Roshani was hard done by too.

Tell me about it...most rude of him to make me buy tickets for a festival and then cancel.

Yep... you'd be right at home!

Really?

Sophie def should have gone from what I saw... should have been her instead of Madam...

IT was incredibly rude of him IMO...

Oops, sorry! Would I also be giving away the ending if I said it didn't end with a final battle between Voldemort and the good guy and that the good guy appeared to die but then come back to life because he was the container for one of Voldemort's horcruxes and because of his mother's love? Damn.

:lmfao:

Oh yeah... damn...

Don't be sorry...I stuffed the ending for someone at work. I lined up for the books and refused to do anything except sit in a little corner and read until they were finished....I think everyone who doesn't is strange and deserves spoiling

I agree...

I actually finished it before my sister... she ended up going to Canberra to meet up with one of her HP friends and then came home later... I kicked her arse actually...

Oh, I forgot to add.. In the end the good guy doesn't marry a girl with red hair!

Yes he does... *hmph*

It's a hell of a lot better than the good guy marrying the bookish know it all like a lot of the delusionals thought...

Zoe and her friend Da actually read the last chapter and thought a fan wrote it because it sounded so fan fic-ish... they were quite shocked when they realised that JK wrote it...

*tries again*

p1060833gc4.jpg

p1060837sd7.jpg

p1060830rq9.jpg

Now, where is Liz when you need her?

I finally found my pw ways. It took forever to get to 1000 and now I can't stop

It takes ages to get to 4 digits... but once you're there, it goes fast!