The Australian Thread: Part Seventeen

Rainbow Sky

Wow, that's a lot of work. *justifies canceling plans for overseas placement :naughty:*

:lmfao: Or you could get a job

Don't you use those glasses on me missy *whispers* feel free to squeeze Ambrose into your luggage for a visit

*will try*

On The Beach is a famous old film ... strangely tho' , I still haven't seen it ... :smth: ..... I think there was a remake about 10ish years ago with Leonardo DiCaprio .... called 'The Beach' .... dunno how it is tho' either .

The Beach is set in Thailand and is based on the book by Alex Garland. Brilliant movie, because the book is brilliant. Book is more brilliant. But the movie is pretty :naughty:

And I did this before when MFC was being stupid and wouldn't work for me:

Well here is the original one with the cheesy smile at the end, in case you didn't end up watching it.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVf4seWI7-U&feature=related

“So I hope you have just the right amount of sitting quietly at home and just the right amount of adventure” *cheesy grin*

*fangurl*

And here's the singing one (featuring some great pictures).. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_QvfUI813E[/quote]

And another one that I just found and like .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmoaY3HSjE&NR=1

Awww!

Released in November of 1992, it reached number 14 in the UK charts. The video was directed by brilliant Sophie Muller, of course.

I was 3 then :naughty: I’ve never heard it. But the video was directed by that girl who directed Mika’s videos!

Also never heard of it :naughty: But the dancing is awesome.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_eXw47qb4U0&feature=related

You should have at least heard of the second & third ones!

You’re really forgetting the “I was three years old then” thing :naughty: And I didn’t live in Australia until I was 6, not that I could remember any music from then anyway :naughty:

Oh my God! New favourite video, Oakie Doke!

Okay, I promise that's the last one. Hopefully.

Ooh! Colour!

Oh, that girl was in one of the pictures from the slideshow!

Peer assessment defaulters G&D posters.

7 October 2008 11:50 AM

The following have not yet posted their peer assessment. If these are not done by the end of tomorrow (Thursday October 11) we will start deducting marks: you have been warned.

Brandon 7A

Dekker 6C

Evans 8C

Sherlock 1B

Martin 10A

How is tomorrow the 11th??

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... there's heaps of food type places... I can only remember the Love Sac shop and Lollipop World (Bec and Liz will know it!)

The WHAT and WHAT?? :shocked:

Zoe and her friend Da actually read the last chapter and thought a fan wrote it because it sounded so fan fic-ish... they were quite shocked when they realised that JK wrote it...

OMG, tell me about it! BAD fanfiction :shocked:

Sarah: I'm up to part 2

Bee-yan-kar: I can edit it for you. And your link to your attempt is the wrong link.

And if you'd ever checked out my Shakespears Sister thread you'd have read that about Sophie Muller already :fisch:

koo koo ca choo Teegs!! :punk:

I'm on Office 2003 myself, but I have office 2007 here.. I'm just avoiding installing because of the confusion factor. :doh:

:lmfao: Or you could get a job

*will try*

The Beach is set in Thailand and is based on the book by Alex Garland. Brilliant movie, because the book is brilliant. Book is more brilliant. But the movie is pretty :naughty:

And I did this before when MFC was being stupid and wouldn't work for me:

“So I hope you have just the right amount of sitting quietly at home and just the right amount of adventure” *cheesy grin*

*fangurl*

And here's the singing one (featuring some great pictures).. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_QvfUI813E[/quote]

Awww!

I was 3 then :naughty: I’ve never heard it. But the video was directed by that girl who directed Mika’s videos!

Also never heard of it :naughty: But the dancing is awesome.

You’re really forgetting the “I was three years old then” thing :naughty: And I didn’t live in Australia until I was 6, not that I could remember any music from then anyway :naughty:

Ooh! Colour!

How is tomorrow the 11th??

*shrugs*

The 11th is Saturday...

You might want to point that out... or just do it and hand it in tomorrow...

Ooooh... I just heard a really good line for you:

Due to lack of interest tomorrow is cancelled

Let the clocks be reset and the pendulums held

The WHAT and WHAT?? :shocked:

OMG, tell me about it! BAD fanfiction :shocked:

Love Sac - it made things a bit like bean bags, but they're firmer, and you can sit on it with a person! :das:

Lollipop World is sort of a kids play place...

Very bad... I couldn't write something that crap!!!

koo koo ca choo Teegs!! :punk:

I'm on Office 2003 myself, but I have office 2007 here.. I'm just avoiding installing because of the confusion factor. :doh:

We have Office 2007 down in the CTC... I could always... ahem... "borrow" it if I really wanted to... it's very confusing...

I'm sorry about Sam.. :tears:

Ooh! Colour!

That clip is from the film Green Mansions, one of the ones I want to see the most. The girl is Audrey Hepburn. One of the most famous actresses of all time. :naughty:

Never heard of Breakfast At Tiffany's?

Have you seen a guitarist's fingers??? They usually have quite thin fingers... let me prove that point...

Tell me about it!

BrianMay18.jpg

Look at those boney little fingers. :naughty: Lovely though.. :wub2:

Thanks for those videos Kelzy. That was hilarious. Like in the same way that The Nanny is hilarious. :roftl:

Bee-yan-kar: I can edit it for you. And your link to your attempt is the wrong link.

And if you'd ever checked out my Shakespears Sister thread you'd have read that about Sophie Muller already

:bow: Did you already start?

Here (should be) the proper link: http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=84975_Clipboard02_122_94lo.jpg

But it's pretty dodgy, and I got stuck at the edge of the swing :lmfao: I just thought those white-flashy bits looked gross

What did you say? :das:

The 11th is Saturday...

You might want to point that out... or just do it and hand it in tomorrow...

Ooooh... I just heard a really good line for you:

Ooh, I was too lazy to check, but I knew it was neither tomorrow nor Thursday :roftl: I just did it. It was 5 multiple choice questions :naughty: It was marking someone else's poster - ! gave them a HD :original: (I didn't read it, but it looked pretty!)

Love it!!!!

Love Sac - it made things a bit like bean bags, but they're firmer, and you can sit on it with a person!
Lollipop World is sort of a kids play place...

Very bad... I couldn't write something that crap!!!

AWESOME! We should go there! :das:

I reckon!

Yes but if I move out next year I won't be able to save up anywhere near enough for an overseas trip. It'd have to wait till after I graduate and get a full-time job.

Eurgh, telll me about it - I have to move out next year too ... and my savings will be down to nil.

Alrighty, I shall be heading off to bed...

Night all!!!

Na-night!

That clip is from the film Green Mansions, one of the ones I want to see the most. The girl is Audrey Hepburn. One of the most famous actresses of all time.

Never heard of Breakfast At Tiffany's?

Oh yeah , I guess I know her! I haven't seen that though :P

I was one of the few people who actually liked the Epilogue..

Wow ... you're weird!

Any reason why you're moving out? Or just want to?

Does it sound like I want to? :naughty:

I think my dad and Margaret are pretty unhappy with their landlord here. Is the impression I get: "OMG, I can't believe so-and-so-renty-person, this is the LAST straw!" :naughty:

They own TWO houses down south, and they were just staying up here where it is expensive and impossible to buy a property like this to be close to me and my brother, and now we're "old" they want to move :naughty:

And the constant "Oh Biancaaa, you know that I moved out when I was 16?? I thought it was great! What do you think? Don't you want to live on your own??"

But I will only move out if I can find a suitable live in position at a vet I think. That would suit me well I think. They give you a free flat + amenities (and I'm sure would pretty much all take pets) in return for checking/cleaning cages in the morning or night :biggrin2:

The problem is that they all start in early December, when the 5th year students graduate, and I can't start until mid January ...

I am getting like 3 live-in advert emails from the vet school every day atm :thumbdown: And they all want you to start 1st December...

What about you? :naughty:

I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes

Christmas is all around me, and so the feeling grows

So if you really love Christmas

C'mon and let it snow!

I love Love Actually. My favourite movie of all time.

And Thomas Sangster is one of the cutest kids ever (well he's not really a kid anymore. He's 18 now!).

thomas_sangster.jpg

Elf boy!!

Hello guyyyssssss,

Proposal for those who liked to obsessively edit Silver's Mika pictures (Kelzy?? )

Would someone with superior photoshop skills be able to fix a photo a bit for me? Tonight?

Hardy ha ha,, I'm the photoshop gal am I??

Here's a small upload of what I've done.. You really made it as difficult as possible didn't you??

The wing is near impossible to make look "real" So I made it look shadowed minus the redness. And those blocks are hanging in thin air. :naughty:

BIRDie

It's still a bit dodgy, but I'm tired and you can play with it now..

New blog from yours truly....

And now I am off to bed, have placements tomorrow, now that their back from school holidays (only now that I've done the necessary hours, its no longer placements, and just me mentoring/tutoring as a volunteer)

Chat tomorrow

Night Bec.. Oh I have a creepy and funny story for you. I'll tell you tomorrow.

:bow: Did you already start?

Yesh I started.

Thanks for those videos Kelzy. That was hilarious. Like in the same way that The Nanny is hilarious. :roftl:

I'm still up to part two.. Someone interrupted me. :rolls_eyes:

The Nanny!

C'mon and let it snow!

And Thomas Sangster is one of the cutest kids ever (well he's not really a kid anymore. He's 18 now!).

thomas_sangster.jpg

Elf boy!!

Arrgh!! scary kid.

Any reason why you're moving out? Or just want to?

Is it still 14 months of procrastination or are we up to 17 months??

Have you been procrastinating about updating your siggy?

BEDTIOME!

I'm still up to part two.. Someone interrupted me. :rolls_eyes:

The Nanny!

Arrgh!! scary kid.

It's like somebody directly at the camera then says their joke. It's hilariously corny and predictable. But well acted, I must say. :naughty:

Naww, I think he's adorable!

Do it!! Do it!!! :naughty:

I don't mind :fisch:

:bye:

I won't annoy you all. :naughty:

C'mon and let it snow!

thomas_sangster.jpg

Elf boy!!

:roftl: Me too, me too!

OMG, 18? Picture??? :shocked:

Where did everybody go? I'm going to have to start posting more pictures in a moment, if nobody shows up! :naughty:

*hurriedly shows up*

:roftl: Me too, me too!

OMG, 18? Picture??? :shocked:

*hurriedly shows up*

Well, He still looks pretty similar. And he's the same height as me, according to IMDB (179cm!). Hang on, I'll find you a more recent picture..

Here are the links to two (because they won't work here).

http://kidzworld.com/profile/fabulous_me_95/photo/202955

http://kidzworld.com/profile/fabulous_me_95/photo/202956

I think these were for some movie. I'm not exactly sure.

:roftl:

Hardy ha ha,, I'm the photoshop gal am I??

Here's a small upload of what I've done.. You really made it as difficult as possible didn't you??

The wing is near impossible to make look "real" So I made it look shadowed minus the redness. And those blocks are hanging in thin air.

BIRDie

It's still a bit dodgy, but I'm tired and you can play with it now..

:bow: :bow: You are a freaking genius (and I guess I didn't hit refresh before posting :naughty:)

And I was going to show off your skillz anywho:

sammy2jp1.jpg98098_sammy3_122_925lo.jpg

I cropped it at the beads because the wood should have stopped when it reached the beads and seeing as it's kind of her trademark swing Margaret would have been like "wtf?!" :roftl:

It looks totally like a proper nice semi-pro-ish photo now! Thank you Thank you thank you! And I LOVE the wing-shadow!

Well, He still looks pretty similar. And he's the same height as me, according to IMDB (179cm!). Hang on, I'll find you a more recent picture..

Here are the links to two (because they won't work here).

http://kidzworld.com/profile/fabulous_me_95/photo/202955

http://kidzworld.com/profile/fabulous_me_95/photo/202956

I think these were for some movie. I'm not exactly sure.

Nah, I highly doubt that.

OMFG!! He is creepy like that makauley caulkin kid (I have no idea how to spell that), he has his child face on a lanky body - WEEEEIIIIIIIRDDDDDDDDDDD!!! It's freaking me out! Please stop him being so lanky-childfaced! :shocked:

:bow: :bow: You are a freaking genius (and I guess I didn't hit refresh before posting :naughty:)

And I was going to show off your skillz anywho:

sammy2jp1.jpg98098_sammy3_122_925lo.jpg

I cropped it at the beads because the wood should have stopped when it reached the beads and seeing as it's kind of her trademark swing Margaret would have been like "wtf?!" :roftl:

It looks totally like a proper nice semi-pro-ish photo now! Thank you Thank you thank you! And I LOVE the wing-shadow!

OMFG!! He is creepy like that makauley caulkin kid (I have no idea how to spell that), he has his child face on a lanky body - WEEEEIIIIIIIRDDDDDDDDDDD!!! It's freaking me out! Please stop him being so lanky-childfaced! :shocked:

That's not only freaking genius, that's abso****inglutely amazing!!!!!

Well I still think he's cute. :sneaky2: