The Australian Thread: Part Seventeen

Rainbow Sky

To be honest, if they could be more flexible and accept that there may not be just one right way to live I wouldn't want to leave at all. I'm in a beautiful house with people that genuinely love me and want the best for me, but if it means that I can't be who I am then it unfortunately isn't worth it.

Sorry for butting in but you need to do what's best for you because you deserve it :huglove:

I'm sure they will come around because they love you and will realise that you are truly happy and that's all that matters:wink2:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*waking up to morning coffee and reading between the morning news and Aussie thread. Sees her tartan kilt-cake image stolen from kath's birthday thread and eavesdropping on everyone's plans for the future*

*stretching and yawning - can't post anything too coherent just yet - caffeine hasn't made it's way to brain*

*waking up to morning coffee and reading between the morning news and Aussie thread. Sees her tartan kilt-cake image stolen from kath's birthday thread and eavesdropping on everyone's plans for the future*

*stretching and yawning - can't post anything too coherent just yet - caffeine hasn't made it's way to brain*

*slinks in to thread*

:sorry:I saw it and just had to steal it for Teegs and RBSKY...then I couldn't remember who posted it and I was too lazy to go back and find out:biggrin2::naughty:

*slinks in to thread*

:sorry:I saw it and just had to steal it for Teegs and RBSKY...then I couldn't remember who posted it and I was too lazy to go back and find out:biggrin2::naughty:

*Half a cup has connected a few synapses now...* I'm just teasing you :naughty: ('Sides, I didn't give any credit to whomever posted on the internet either :bleh: and I always steal my pics too)

*pulls Tanya K out of the dark corners of Aussie thread*

I said, I wanted someone who will DO something...how would OKD fit into the picture ...and anyways she should be studying!

Well you should thank me because I just informed Robertina you and Bec were partners because she was looking for more people to match us with...see how nice I am

Well you might want to think about location location location.. :naughty:

pfft! I'm not thanking you.. I was about to tell Robi anyway :bleh: You just wanted to make me look mean.

Poor Teegs, she'll just get parts of drawings, and wonder why

:lmfao: Side project.. :wink2:

To be honest, if they could be more flexible and accept that there may not be just one right way to live I wouldn't want to leave at all. I'm in a beautiful house with people that genuinely love me and want the best for me, but if it means that I can't be who I am then it unfortunately isn't worth it.

Yep. That's true.

And it's difficult to break through the old world views

Man + Woman = Marriage.

Man = Master.

Woman = Baby maker.

Children = Seen, and not heard.

Me? Difficult? Pffft.

You + Difficult = mmmhmmm.

Now I know that I am so not going to tell you when and where my graduation ceremony will be.

You can't hide from the Gabaamen.

Sorry for butting in but you need to do what's best for you because you deserve it :huglove:

I'm sure they will come around because they love you and will realise that you are truly happy and that's all that matters

Oh, you're so nice to everyone but me.. You'd never give me a pat on the back or hugs.. :tears:

Suzy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub2:

You're in the right place. We're rarely coherent.

*points to Tanya*

*Half a cup has connected a few synapses now...* I'm just teasing you :naughty: ('Sides, I didn't give any credit to whomever posted on the internet either :bleh: and I always steal my pics too)

I figured you were teasing....just as well really considering I had already stolen it :roftl: It is a very impressive cake btw:wink2:

I'm sure they will come around because they love you and will realise that you are truly happy and that's all that matters:wink2:

Nah, you're not butting in, this is a public forum. :bleh: Thanks for the sentiment. :original: But whether they would come around I can't be sure of; some parents can claim to love unconditionally but other things may be just as fundamental to them (for example, belief in God).

Good morning, Suz! :bye:

*points to Tanya*

Kelzy!:wub2: Good morning (or evening to you). *I'd kiss ya too but morning breath and coffee would just be mean*

I figured you were teasing....just as well really considering I had already stolen it :roftl: It is a very impressive cake btw:wink2:

Yeah, I couldn't make or bake anything close. I'm a really good eater of cakes though...

pfft! I'm not thanking you.. I was about to tell Robi anyway :bleh: You just wanted to make me look mean.

Oh, you're so nice to everyone but me.. You'd never give me a pat on the back or hugs.. :tears:

*points to Tanya*

as opposed to going to the thread and telling everyone I'm mean to you and that's why you don't want me! You'd best make a trip back to that thread btw:naughty:

I am so....I told you earlier this week that I wub you....can't think why!:naughty:

*bites your finger* Didn't your mother ever tell you that it's rude to point :bleh:

Is everyone else having trouble with MFC or is that just me too!

Nah, you're not butting in, this is a public forum. :bleh: Thanks for the sentiment. :original: But whether they would come around I can't be sure of; some parents can claim to love unconditionally but other things may be just as fundamental to them (for example, belief in God).

Good morning, Suz! :bye:

Morning/evening Twatty!

The earlier you start letting your parents know who you really are, the better. I see the difference between my younger sister and I. I've been better at playing the "ideal" daughter over the years, but now, I'm breaking my mom's heart ever so slowly :thumbdown:

My download is 100% finished!!

:woot_jump:

Nah, you're not butting in, this is a public forum. Thanks for the sentiment. :original: But whether they would come around I can't be sure of; some parents can claim to love unconditionally but other things may be just as fundamental to them (for example, belief in God).

That is true, but you just need to have faith that their love for you will outweigh the other influences :thumb_yello: Oh, and small consolation but you always have us:wub2:

Extra hug to annoy Kelzy :huglove:

Kelzy!:wub2: Good morning (or evening to you). *I'd kiss ya too but morning breath and coffee would just be mean*

Yeah, I couldn't make or bake anything close. I'm a really good eater of cakes though...

Kiss away, she deserves it:naughty:

Morning/evening Twatty!

The earlier you start letting your parents know who you really are, the better. I see the difference between my younger sister and I. I've been better at playing the "ideal" daughter over the years, but now, I'm breaking my mom's heart ever so slowly :thumbdown:

Big hug for you as well :huglove:

Yep. That's true.

And it's difficult to break through the old world views

Man + Woman = Marriage.

Man = Master.

Woman = Baby maker.

Children = Seen, and not heard.

To give credit where it's due they have tried to form a sort of uneasy compromise of values: in a family where my dad is the only male among 5 females we definitely haven't been taught 'man = master', and my sisters and I are very outspoken so 'children = seen and not heard' is also not true here. In short they want us to be outspoken feminists who have a good education and a successful career YET they also want us to get traditionally married and have children. I would say that the two are in most part mutually exclusive since the traditional marriage set-up is institutionalised sexism that perpetuates power imbalance between the genders, and being the primary carer of children can sometimes be a barrier to a successful career. Hence why I call it an 'uneasy' compromise because, to use the trite saying, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Morning Suzy by the way...

Bec!!!!! :huglove: *blows raspberry in Kelzy's direction*

Yay Sarah! Are you watching it tonight?

I'm going to watch a Movie.. :bye:

Kisses for Suzy :snog:

Hugs for everyone :huglove:

Except Tanya. You get this slapmsn.gif

Yeah, but I enjoy it so thank you very much :wub2:

Gots to go and wake up rest of clan (as primary caregiver 'round here :naughty:) and make brekkie.

Ok, Kisses for you all now that I've brushed my teeth.:naughty:

Kelzy - :huglove:

Tanya K - :huglove: (though I just met ya really :naughty:)

Twatty - :huglove:

*keeps tongue from slipping out* :roftl:

Bubbye.

Morning/evening Twatty!

That's a good point. My older sister has been playing the "ideal daughter" her whole life and only now as she's getting older and itching for more freedom I'm slowly starting to see her expressing discontent with the role she's been playing. But the difference between me and her is that she really does buy into the 'ideal' life that my family have planned out for her. I myself am also playing the part of the "ideal daughter" at the moment and have done so all my life but I know that I can't do it for the rest of it happily, even though it's oh-so-tempting to do so because it's easy and socially acceptable.

Gots to go and wake up rest of clan (as primary caregiver 'round here) and make brekkie.

Ok, Kisses for you all now that I've brushed my teeth.

Kelzy - :huglove:

Tanya K - :huglove: (though I just met ya really :naughty:)

Twatty - :huglove:

*keeps tongue from slipping out* :roftl:

Bubbye.

Have a good day. :bye:

1. I wasn't even thought of when Elvis was at his peak but I still know him and his songs ..and they're not Australian so it shouldn't matter that you weren't here and I didn't know that anyway!

Yeah, but Elvis was, like, famous and stuff.

A free flat + amenities just for helping out? That's brilliant. My parents are the exact opposite of yours, rather than hinting that I should move out they hint that unless I get married I'm going to live with them forever. But I seriously need more space and freedom so I'm planning to move out anyway (assuming that I can get the finances in order - it's going to be hard if not impossible ).

Yeah - exactly! I know a few people who do it and they really like it!

But the problem is that you can't go on holidays or at least not on short notice ... *instructs Mika to announce any possible touring extremely early*

Hmmm, tricky. Do you get centrelink? Would you get it if you moved out? Centrelink helps :naughty:

I'm the same as OKD...my mum wants to move as soon as I graduate, pretty much. I'm planning on going back to England, and I can probably stay in the flat that adjoins to my grandparents' house until I sort myself out...

How come your parents are so set on you staying? (I don't mean that in a 'how can they possibly stand your company' kind of way)

Ew!! My life plan was to stay at home until I graduated uni :naughty:

And 2010 is such an awesome year. It's so futuristic sounding - I can't wait!

I graduate in 2012! :naughty:

OMG...I had a dream about all of us last night (calm down Kelzy)...Mika was on tour and we were all at the concert together, but we were waiting for OKD who got lost somehow Do you suppose it's a sign

Yeah, that sounds about right!

Yep. Mika will tour while OkD is in Costa Rica

Oh, not so :boing: for OkD, is it?

:sneaky2:

C'mon chookens. Wake up.

We have to take part in this:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16895

Bec, will you be my address?

I wanna! Who ELSE wanna's?

What? Who? OkD? How delusional are you?

I said, I wanted someone who will DO something...how would OKD fit into the picture

Yes, btw, who else wanna's that doesn't wanna be too prompt? :naughty:

My download is 100% finished!!

WooO! And how is it??

I'm going to watch a Movie..

What movieee?

...and one for OKD

:huglove: