The Australian Thread: Part Seventeen

Rainbow Sky

I'm seriously desperate to knwo what these orange disc things are called now. I must be googling the wrong things :naughty: I don't even think they are actually chocolate :naughty:

Also, I need to know how to spell disc. Is it disc or disk? :blink: When is it disc? When is it disk? :blink:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news. What did you need to print?

My science prac report on ticker timers.

*wonders what teo torriatte means*

My auntie and uncle are flying in tomorrow, and my dad and Margaret are flying out on Tuesday. And Margaret came back from Melbourne yesterday.

:naughty:

Everyone always hates on my auntie and uncle but I really don't mind them at all. I think I will go to pick them up tomorrow. Airports are fun

I don't mind airports either.

It's the name of a Queen song (surprise, surprise) that had the chorus sung in Japanese some of the time. It translates to 'let us cling together'. It was written by the guitarist Brian May (genius) about the band's connection with Japan.

Here's the chorus in Japanese:

Teo toriatte konomama iko

Aisuruhito yo

Shizuka nayo ini

Hikario tomoshi

Itoshiki oshieo idaki

This means:

Let Us Cling Together As The Years Go By

Oh My Love, My Love

In The Quiet Of The Night

Let Our Candles Always Burn

Let Us Never Lose The Lessons We Have Learned

Here is a youtube link to that song:

(The song doesn't actually start until about 1:10 and there are probably better quality versions on there. But I just love the footage with this one!)

How's that for an extensive answer? :naughty:

I'm seriously desperate to knwo what these orange disc things are called now. I must be googling the wrong things :naughty: I don't even think they are actually chocolate :naughty:

Also, I need to know how to spell disc. Is it disc or disk? :blink: When is it disc? When is it disk? :blink:

Well, I have no idea what you're talking about. :naughty:

And I think it can be either. I'm not sure though. I think disc looks nicer.

I managed to get somewhere between 2.5 -3 hours sleep, which is alright considering I don't allow myself more than 4 and a half after these over nighter shifts so that I'll actually sleep tonight :wink2:

New blog by me (just random rambling :naughty:)

I got three hours - my eyes are almost down to my knees now!!

I think I got more sleep when I had my children!!! :naughty:

I think a disc is circular/semi circular in shape.

I disk was what those floppys were before we got CD's!!

Oh and Teegs.. in response to the cake question.

Guitar cake...

Ft photoshoot of course

Righto... guitar cake it is!

What colour should I do it?

All it requires is lots of icing

I was talking the skill to make it look like a brain... I don't haz it...

No problems whatsoever....Maybe I'd have some skill as a checkout chick

You don't need skills for that... *zhhz*

Defriend?? What sort of a word is that?

You mean "enemise"

that reminds me of enema... *squirms*

Turquoise... At least you don't have any leopard print ones..

Or do you??

I own a turquoise one... and a lime green one...

and a red one with butterflies...

and a purple one with patterns...

I would like to take a moment to congratulate the Australian ability to have all plans completely unfurl. Between me falling down the stairs and Kelz overworking her muscles today never stood chance.

I'm OK, just a sprained ankle, but I suspect I won't be after Bec murders me.

You bloody spaz!

Was it a spectacular fall???

With matching grave stones 'I came, I saw, I was killed by a Moe-Franga hybrid'.

:lmfao:

Teegs: P's b'day is this Sunday the 19th ... & he is cooking the dinner on Sat. night... but not pot rice ! He's making a chicken & bacon,spinach,mushroom & leek pie thingy ft. bechamel sauce .... & salad ! Dinner will be for 10 & then on Sun. it's 'bring a plate' ft. maybe 30 ppl (??) , well ... alot more anyway ...

Mmmmmmmm... sounds delish!

And...

Happy B'day to P!!!

TEEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm currently recording the extended remix of Desire that VH1 plays sporadically.. (Damn I love VH1)

Anyway, whilst recording I thought "I bet youtube has this already"

and they do:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=3MPr7T55iI4

Want the mp3?

HELL YEAH!!!

*clears throat*

Erm... yes, I would like that very much... :naughty:

Actually, when I read that message, Desire was playing on my MP3 player...

Its for my education subject and is on the problem of uneven diffusion of responsibility preventing cooperative learning in groupwork (or simply.. the problem of people doing all the work while others do none in group work :naughty:)

Oooooooh... interesting topic... do you have to come up with ways to ensure people contribute equally?

If so, I'd suggest the jigsaw method (casue that's the only one I can remember!)...

015-5.jpg

020-5.jpg

Two of today's pictures

Awwwwwww!

Does anyone know when it will be released in Australia? I'm looking forward to watching the 40 minute long documentary and playing 'The Mika Whining Drinking Game'.

Oh yeah!

We are soooo playing that game together! :das:

Hey...

Reading Midnight Sun...

Noice.. I'e only read the first 6 chapters... Zoe hasn't iven me the next 6.. and I'm too lazy to go to Stephenie's site...

I've resisted the Twilight craze....I'll only read it once it becomes uncool to do so, like I did with Harry Potter.

Good idea..

I like it muchly but I'm not obsessed with it. *cough* There are too many things that bug me about it for me to like it any more than I do.

The teen fan fic-ness seems to irritate me at parts... and I really don't think tens are that sarcastic...

Twilight is addictive as hell but the quality of the writing could just be so many times better...hence why I can't read them too often. I just find myself pedantically pointing out things like, 'She already used that word in the last sentence, why is she using it again?'

And I don't absorb any of the actual story and just end up getting frustrated so I have to stop reading.

I agree with the bold bit..

Forget Twilight and pick up Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. Now THAT's what I call literature.

That's because it's written like fan fiction. I can see why it has such a mass appeal but I simply can't enjoy it.

That's what irritates me about it a bit... it is a little too fan fic like or me... but I still read it...

And it does smell awful. That you say it tastes alright worries me as well... it doesn't taste alright

that stuff is nasty!

Man - it's quiet here on a Saturday morning

I was wandering around in a leopard skin and kilt at that stage...

I can never stick to diets, so I don't start them

but I have cut back my take out food intake, in particular maccas food ... and do try to eat healthier

That's my thinking too... but I try to cut back on coke and choccies...

Hey y'all. Good news. Mother Melzy and I are discussing first home buyers stuff. For me. Own my own house. One condition. Mother Melzy wants to live with me for a while. So I'm looking for some nice houses online.. with a granny flat.. or a SLUG that I can convert to a bedroom. And I was thinking of going rural. Something on an acre so I can have some animals.. A horse or two.

I'm considering Daylesford .. Hippieville.

Ooooooh! Funness!

Hope you find ssomething you like!

And yay for melzy owning own house...

How far is Daylesford from Melbourne

I was wondering about that myself.. but how far is Daylesford from NSW? :fisch:

And maybe room for a llama? :wink2:

Of course. I was thinking that when I went to bed :naughty:

Hammersmith Feb 08 . Yes was in MFC but was very late getting to show so never got to meet up with anyone. So I have still never actually met another MFCer.:naughty:

Saving yourself for us :wub2:

Sucky about the weight, yay for some clothes fitting you.

I wish I could sew... but sewing machines hate me. Actually, come to think of it, most machines hate me.

And yay for melzy owning own house...

How far is Daylesford from Melbourne :fisch:

Yay indeed.

Hmmm.. It's about 90 minutes by car. There's no train station though, so I'd have to drive to Ballan and catch the train from there.. In which case I might as well just drive all the way to CBD.

I do find the act of doing cross stitching relaxing, but I have problems with finishing what I start.

I knit. And it's always a scarf.. and it's never completed. :naughty:

Too much to MQ

*Was aware of OkD's absence*

*is happy about new DVD*

*will only be purchasing 1 copy*

*shuns contagious OMPS-trend*

*huggles Artsy ft. spooning*

*Is impressed by Sarah's extensive answering skillz*

*gets distracted mid-reply*

*stokes fire*

*lights incense*

*waves to Wendy :sneaky2: *

*opens Becsters bolg page and plans to catch up*

*wonders if anyone else has been blogging*

*agrees with Wendy about 'disk' being old-skool*

*wonders what the orange disks are??*

*wants lollies dipped in white chocolate*

*Also wonders where various Mikamites have been lately*

Ayyyyyy.. that'll do.

*calculates how many more orange disc things she can eat before it becomes really obvious that she has been eating them*

And just how many was that :naughty:

I got three hours - my eyes are almost down to my knees now!!

I think I got more sleep when I had my children!!!

*passes over ear plugs*

I'm glad I sleep like a log. The kittens only wake me if one starts crying loudly, normally if its behind the mums back. Though work sucks, I either have to wake up early saturday morning for 7.30 shift, or not sleep saturday night and get a few hours in the morning

Electric blue or lime green :naughty:

You don't need skills for that... *zhhz*

don't need skills to work at maccas either :wink2:

Oooooooh... interesting topic... do you have to come up with ways to ensure people contribute equally?

If so, I'd suggest the jigsaw method (casue that's the only one I can remember!)...

Yeah, we have to discuss a problem, some solutions and implications for teaching.

I was tempted to do jigsaw, but I had more references for assigning roles (eg encourager, recorder etc), so I wrote about that instead, as well as how teachers would have to take a more back seat, supportive role as opposed to the expert role they normally adopt when teaching the class as a whole

That's my thinking too... but I try to cut back on coke and choccies...

:

Soft drink is something I'm trying to cut back. I drink water at uni now instead, and eat healthier there most days

Yay indeed.

Hmmm.. It's about 90 minutes by car. There's no train station though, so I'd have to drive to Ballan and catch the train from there.. In which case I might as well just drive all the way to CBD.

I knit. And it's always a scarf.. and it's never completed. :naughty:

90 minutes :shocked: Thats about moe length away but on the opposite side of melbourne

I tried to knit a scarf once...... it didn't work out :fisch:

I'm glad you know what I mean... the bugger was hot though!

When I put it on, I was patting it... is it wong that I was patting a fake bit of leopard with no head and limbs? :blink:

Not wrong - slightly kinky once again (can't believe I have used

that word twice this early in the morning) :roftl:

OMG.. I just got slightly irritated by Mika pics...

I was just looking in the unofficial calendar thread, and people were posting pics to use... and some of them irritated me!

Not surprising really...

Mine were just ones I like - and I guess they will irritate some,

and titillate others :naughty:

*passes over ear plugs*

I'm glad I sleep like a log. The kittens only wake me if one starts crying loudly, normally if its behind the mums back. Though work sucks, I either have to wake up early saturday morning for 7.30 shift, or not sleep saturday night and get a few hours in the morning

It's the noise of them suckling - five at once sounds like a mass

jelly slurping competition!! :blink:

Then one ends up at the other side of the bed, and cries for it's Mum

and I end up having to go and lift it over. Then there is Rags, my other

dig (and Pebbles mum). She has to sleep in the front room just now as

she is not allowed near the pups, so she cries during the night as she

wants through, and just does not understand!! :insane:

I have told my b/f that if I suggest pups ever again he has to have

me committed!! :roftl:

I don't mind airports either.

It's the name of a Queen song (surprise, surprise) that had the chorus sung in Japanese some of the time. It translates to 'let us cling together'. It was written by the guitarist Brian May (genius) about the band's connection with Japan.

Here's the chorus in Japanese:

Teo toriatte konomama iko

Aisuruhito yo

Shizuka nayo ini

Hikario tomoshi

Itoshiki oshieo idaki

This means:

Let Us Cling Together As The Years Go By

Oh My Love, My Love

In The Quiet Of The Night

Let Our Candles Always Burn

Let Us Never Lose The Lessons We Have Learned

Here is a youtube link to that song:

(The song doesn't actually start until about 1:10 and there are probably better quality versions on there. But I just love the footage with this one!)

How's that for an extensive answer?

Quite a good one :naughty: So how does the band have a connection with Japan?

Well, I have no idea what you're talking about.

*goes to take a picture because she has exhausted her possible explanations*

P1070070.jpg

Damn, It's so noticable how many I've eaten :naughty: I calculated how many I could take ... but then I just kept going back for more :naughty:

And I think it can be either. I'm not sure though. I think disc looks nicer.

I think a disc is circular/semi circular in shape.

I disk was what those floppys were before we got CD's!!

See, yeah, disk sounds like the word for CDs and DVDs and stuff, but then I don't know for circle things, but prefer disc because it looks prettier :naughty:

Rainbow!

*wonders if anyone else has been blogging*

Nope :naughty:

Electric blue or lime green :naughty:

Noice!

I really wanted to do a guitar a la Edge in Discotheque, but the shiny bits aren't edible...

I might go with electric blue...

don't need skills to work at maccas either :wink2:

Funny how it works that way!

Yeah, we have to discuss a problem, some solutions and implications for teaching.

I was tempted to do jigsaw, but I had more references for assigning roles (eg encourager, recorder etc), so I wrote about that instead, as well as how teachers would have to take a more back seat, supportive role as opposed to the expert role they normally adopt when teaching the class as a whole

So, teachers as quote.gif facilitators quote.gif then?

Nice work... they really shoved that group work crap down my throat when I was in uni... it's great in a perfect world, but it takes a lot to train the little cherubs before you get any real benefit from group work.

That reminded me.. I did an action research assignment on peer teaching in third year... I failed it and had to redo part of the subject... funny how if you make something up completely, you can pass it, but if you really do what you said in the assignment, you fail...

Oh, and i meant to mention... Jenny went back to the farm tofay... she was a bit confused, and she didn't really want much to do with the others..

Poor bugger...

And cause I can... a pic of Jenny when she was little, with Pugsley (our dog)

JennyandPugsley.jpg

It's the noise of them suckling - five at once sounds like a mass

jelly slurping competition!! :blink:

Then one ends up at the other side of the bed, and cries for it's Mum

and I end up having to go and lift it over. Then there is Rags, my other

dig (and Pebbles mum). She has to sleep in the front room just now as

she is not allowed near the pups, so she cries during the night as she

wants through, and just does not understand!! :insane:

I have told my b/f that if I suggest pups ever again he has to have

me committed!! :roftl:

Ah yes... the kittens aren't that loud when they suckle... yet. They might get louder. And we don't have any other animals making a ruckus because they not where they want to be.

*pat* you'll sleep again one day

P1070070.jpg

Damn, It's so noticable how many I've eaten :naughty: I calculated how many I could take ... but then I just kept going back for more :naughty:

:

Why didn't you take a picture in the first place. When you said orange chocolately things, I figured orange could be colour/flavour.

Caramel buds OD :thumb_yello:

A particular favourite of mine

OMG.. I just got slightly irritated by Mika pics...

I was just looking in the unofficial calendar thread, and people were posting pics to use... and some of them irritated me!

Not surprising really...

And? What pics?

I tried to knit a scarf once...... it didn't work out

I knitted a Gryfindor scarf once :naughty: My mum made about half of it and it looks hilarious because you csan totally tell where we swapped back and forth :naughty:

Oh, and i meant to mention... Jenny went back to the farm tofay... she was a bit confused, and she didn't really want much to do with the others..

Poor bugger...

And cause I can... a pic of Jenny when she was little, with Pugsley (our dog)

JennyandPugsley.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :tears::wub2:

Not wrong - slightly kinky once again (can't believe I have used

that word twice this early in the morning) :roftl:

Mine were just ones I like - and I guess they will irritate some,

and titillate others :naughty:

Very kinky!

Actually, I had the head of the highland society try and talk me into being a debutante next year... :blink:

I was just surpised that a pic of Meeks irritated me... for no reason!

P1070070.jpg

Rainbow!

Damn! I know what they are but can't remember what they're called!

Why am I thinking carob?

Hmmmmmm.... rainbow? really?

Maybe...

Okies, I better get off and do some homework I've been putting off all week and is due tomorrow..

Night all!!

Noice!

I really wanted to do a guitar a la Edge in Discotheque, but the shiny bits aren't edible...

I might go with electric blue...

I expect photoshoots.

So, teachers as quote.gif facilitators quote.gif then?

Nice work... they really shoved that group work crap down my throat when I was in uni... it's great in a perfect world, but it takes a lot to train the little cherubs before you get any real benefit from group work.

That reminded me.. I did an action research assignment on peer teaching in third year... I failed it and had to redo part of the subject... funny how if you make something up completely, you can pass it, but if you really do what you said in the assignment, you fail...

. This semester was all about relationships and communication... so group work was a major part.

Part of the essay required us to right a statement about our own developing understanding of learning based on this topic... so I bull****ted on about how I've learnt that cooperative learning is not always the result of group work, and that it takes work on the teachers behalf to ensure cooperative learning occurs :nuaghty:

I've also done best on the assignments where I made up part of what I said I did, or the episodes I observed.

And? What pics?

I knitted a Gryfindor scarf once :naughty: My mum made about half of it and it looks hilarious because you csan totally tell where we swapped back and forth :naughty:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :tears::wub2:

I know... I didn't even get to see her off!

But they got pics... wehen i get a chance I'll post them on here...

I just think it's amusing that when she was a few days old she was the same height as Pugsley... now she towers over him (and prob could crush him)...

I expect photoshoots.

. This semester was all about relationships and communication... so group work was a major part.

Part of the essay required us to right a statement about our own developing understanding of learning based on this topic... so I bull****ted on about how I've learnt that cooperative learning is not always the result of group work, and that it takes work on the teachers behalf to ensure cooperative learning occurs :nuaghty:

I've also done best on the assignments where I made up part of what I said I did, or the episodes I observed.

I may have bullsh!tted in some of my assignments... and I think i did okay in them... actually, I bulsh!tted the redo of the assignment!

Now I'm really going!

Why didn't you take a picture in the first place. When you said orange chocolately things, I figured orange could be colour/flavour.

Caramel buds OD :thumb_yello:

A particular favourite of mine

Because I'm lazy :lol3:

Yeah, that's what google kept giving me! :naughty:

CARAMEL! Of course! I was pulling my hair out trying to describe what they are like ... "Kind of textured like white chocolate ... but more ... sugary ... or something :naughty:"

Quite a good one :naughty: So how does the band have a connection with Japan?

P1070070.jpg

Well.. Japan was the first country that really embraced their music. In the early 70s they were failing to get properly recognised in England and America, etc. Then they flew over for their first Japanese tour and there were hundreds of people waiting to greet them at the airport. And while they were there they were completely idolised and treated like royalty (haha).

I love those things!