The Australian Thread: Part Seventeen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ZOMG!! You're coming home.. but, err.. your fathah and I are having our "8th" honeymoon.. :wink2: Hope you don't mind the "noise"

metaphysical poetry??? :blink:

*packs earplugs*

Yes, one of the two schools of poetry from the 17th century, along with cavalier poetry. They're almost opposites: metaphysicals are all about deep emotions and philosophical thinking, and cavaliers are light and satirical.

I've only got 500 words down for a 1200 word essay, and I'm already running out of things to say.:naughty:

I'm doing some exam study, but seeing as we have 9 questions, ft 4 of which will be on the exam, its not that hard

I wish all my professors were like yours.:naughty:

YAY ARTS !! Are you really missing home ??

I am; I've been settling in really well, but there still isn't much in the way of familiar faces, and I'm missing the old neighborhood horribly.

Surely you know Arts well enough by now to know that she's as perverted as the rest of them *zhhz*

Aww....thanks Roseh.:wub2::naughty:

You fail below 60?

That's harsh...

Even in yr 12 (which was 7 years ago) a pass was 50%... *pats*

ya. i believe so. ive nvr gotten below a C- (stupid math teacher who tought us leadership, and left the whole class w/ no knowledge for the final, so we all failed!)

I don't get it :emot-sad:

But why is that a gift for Rozeh? :naughty:

Erm....

Cause Donkee has a cool ute??? :smth:

Maybe they were talking about how donkeys are also known as asses... or maybe they are asses...

:roftl::roftl:

'Cause of the quote in my sig, "Je suis un ane". It means I am a donkey.

Oh and Nono...did I tell you about the guy in my school who looks like RPattz? :naughty:

really? for us it goes

A- 90-100+%

B- 80-89%

C-70-79%

D-60-69%

F(nc)-59 and below

Eww! For me it's:

A: 86% and above

B: 73-85%

C+: 60-72% (I think)

C-: 50-60%

F: below 50%

I know that at uni it was:

Pass 50-64%

Credit 65-74%

Distinction 75-85%

High Distinction 85-100%

At Tafe a distinction is 80% or more... I think!

At my uni its

Pass 50-60%

Credit 60%-70%

Distinction 70-80%

High Distinction 80-100%

Do philosophy then :fisch:

Seriously, every one of the philosophy teachers I have had has given us the exam questions before the exams. These ones were in the unit study guide, so we've had them from the start of the year.

Their theory is that all of the philosophy units cover in depths theories etc, and lots of material, and they would rather we learn certain bits really well, rather than everything basically

Oh and Nono...did I tell you about the guy in my school who looks like RPattz? :naughty:

Eww! For me it's:

A: 86% and above

B: 73-85%

C+: 60-72% (I think)

C-: 50-60%

F: below 50%

No Ds :shocked:?

:cheerful_h4h: You know I mean it as a compliment. :bleh:

i would be in heaven if it was that way for us!!!i get in trouble when i dont have an A!

I give myself hell if I don't get above 90%...but I really don't think my mum is too bothered about them.

*packs earplugs*

Yes, one of the two schools of poetry from the 17th century, along with cavalier poetry. They're almost opposites: metaphysicals are all about deep emotions and philosophical thinking, and cavaliers are light and satirical.

I've only got 500 words down for a 1200 word essay, and I'm already running out of things to say.:naughty:

I am; I've been settling in really well, but there still isn't much in the way of familiar faces, and I'm missing the old neighborhood horribly.

I'm sure we did metaphysical poetry in yr 12... is John Donne a metaphysical poet?

ya. i believe so. ive nvr gotten below a C- (stupid math teacher who tought us leadership, and left the whole class w/ no knowledge for the final, so we all failed!)

That sucks... in the HSC (the last lot of exams before you graduate), I got 59% in maths, 67 in English, RE was 60%, Biology was 72%, Geography was about 74% and Drama was 72% as well (I think)... I was quite pleased with that...

I give myself hell if I don't get above 90%...but I really don't think my mum is too bothered about them.

my mom expects perfection from me. and shes a teacher, and she says other teachers expect perfection outta teachers children

That sucks... in the HSC (the last lot of exams before you graduate), I got 59% in maths, 67 in English, RE was 60%, Biology was 72%, Geography was about 74% and Drama was 72% as well (I think)... I was quite pleased with that...

o ya. im gonna have to do excellent on all those. bcuz for the ones we take like at the nd of middle school and stuff, i scored in the top level, and i always "have to achieve greater than the last time" :mf_rosetinted:

Oh I get it :naughty:

What?! (You may have...I don't remember!:blush-anim-cl:)

Wait, I think you did. Get a picture yet? :naughty:

Nope. Although, I guess we do have Ds, we just call them C-. :rolls_eyes:

:crybaby: My muthah is taking the computer from meeeeeeeeee!

G'night all!

Byes! :bye:

my mom expects perfection from me. and shes a teacher, and she says other teachers expect perfection outta teachers children

o ya. im gonna have to do excellent on all those. bcuz for the ones we take like at the nd of middle school and stuff, i scored in the top level, and i always "have to achieve greater than the last time" :mf_rosetinted:

That sucks... my parents wanted me to pass...

Do your parents realise that you're only human???

There have been people who have commited suicide before the HSC because they put too much pressure on themselves and stressed themselves out..

I'm a teacher too... even though I don't have kids, if I did I would expect them to do as well as they could and to try... perfection is impossible...

Oh I get it :naughty:

What?! (You may have...I don't remember!:blush-anim-cl:)

Wait, I think you did. Get a picture yet? :naughty:

Nope. I haven't had a chance that wouldn't have made me look like a prat. But I'll get one one day under the pretense of it being for the yearbook :naughty:

*is really leaving now*

:bye:

Nope. I haven't had a chance that wouldn't have made me look like a prat. But I'll get one one day under the pretense of it being for the yearbook :naughty:

*is really leaving now*

:bye:

Good girl :naughty:

Goodnight! :huglove:

Byes! :bye:

That sucks... my parents wanted me to pass...

Do your parents realise that you're only human???

There have been people who have commited suicide before the HSC because they put too much pressure on themselves and stressed themselves out..

I'm a teacher too... even though I don't have kids, if I did I would expect them to do as well as they could and to try... perfection is impossible...

ya. my mom wants me to do the best i can, but she knows my best is A's and knows i can do it, but i actually have the hard classes nxt term, and theyre english spanish band and science (u actually get lots of homework in all of them) and haveing english and spanish together i dnt think will be that good. ive nvr learned another language, so im scared im going to like fail :S

Hoopla Denton!

Hoopla Berthday Gurl!

*didn't bother to read back last time*

*takes this as a sign to read back more often*

*reads back*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:cheerful_h4h:

*is addicted*

Me too! What were you playing?

Surely you know Arts well enough by now to know that she's as perverted as the rest of them *zhhz*

*High 5's*

*leaves it up to you two*

*leaves it up to Becster*

I don't get it :emot-sad:
Donkey... Azz...

Donkey and Ass?

Ringing any bells?

But why is that a gift for Rozeh? :naughty:

You gurls!! :roftl:

*packs earplugs*

You might want to stay at a fancy hotel rather than our trailer park. :wink2:

I've only got 500 words down for a 1200 word essay, and I'm already running out of things to say.

Ohhh.. fancy-schmancy names..

*doesn't distract you further*

*hugs you*

*is really leaving now*

Goonie!!! :bye:

And, before I forget. Wendy, your puppehs have grown so much in one week!! Bec, how's the kittehs?