The Australian Thread: Part Seventeen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol3:

Tell your friend he doesn't fool me. I'm onto his game. William Blake was a hundred years after the metaphysicals.:naughty:

:lol3: ..... friend said ... "some critics will describe Blake as a late metaphysical poet" ..... :wink2: ...... b/f says " (he) understands , your from California ... " .... :shocked::naughty:

I'm enrolling in next year subjects at the moment, meaning that I do 2 education units and 4 philosophy ones (as philosophy is my major)

The problem is, most of the subjects offered are first semester, or distance education second semester. So I need to decide if I can even do a philosophy unit via distance education

I want to do Indian philosophy, but thats distance ed, so maybe I should just choose political philsophy, which doesn't interest me as much, instead

I'm enrolling in next year subjects at the moment, meaning that I do 2 education units and 4 philosophy ones (as philosophy is my major)

The problem is, most of the subjects offered are first semester, or distance education second semester. So I need to decide if I can even do a philosophy unit via distance education

I want to do Indian philosophy, but thats distance ed, so maybe I should just choose political philsophy, which doesn't interest me as much, instead

:shocked: Indian philosophy is FASCINATING Bex !!!! (do it, do it ... :wink2:)

:lol3: ..... friend said ... "some critics will describe Blake as a late metaphysical poet" ..... :wink2: ...... b/f says " (he) understands , your from California ... " .... :shocked::naughty:

Tell your friend I'm impressed by his extensive knowledge on the subject of metaphysical poetry.:naughty:

And ask your b/f if perhaps he had a bad experience with a californian as a child, and it turned him against all of us?:roftl:

:shocked: Indian philosophy is FASCINATING Bex !!!! (do it, do it ... :wink2:)

It does sound fascinating, the problem is, with distance education in philosophy all you have is the readings, and someone you can email of course. I really like that face to faceness, it helps with understanding.

But, I did find metaphysics is running 2nd semester on campus, and I have the pre reqs, so I might do that instead :wink2: I love metaphysics

So that means my philosophy units will be

The Philosophy of Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone De Beauvoir

Theory of knowledge

Res Cogitans: Descartes on mind and knowledge

and Metaphysics... simply because I want that on campus support

Hey guys!

Yayness.....P!NK is touring :woot_jump:

Oh pink hey?

I have just found a unit that, despite not being any use whatsoever to my course, would be a dream elective for me.

(we have to do an elective in 4th year/maybe 3rd year for me since 2 of my fourth year units get brought forward)

Anyway its exploring european art, with a trip to europe. Of course, it costs money, and you have to do work, I don't have to chose for 1-2 years... but still, it would be nice. And its over our summer semester)

You don't like rough?

Obviously, you haven't spent enough time with the Halliwell family.:naughty:

I know! Such a rarity! How are you? Are you going to buy Pink tickets?:punk:

I would say no, I don't like rough....but Kelzy would faint if I tried saying it with a straight face :naughty:

Absolutely buying P!nk tickets....but I have to wait until May to see her though!!!!

How's it going with you.....any hotties on the horizon?

Oh pink hey?

I have just found a unit that, despite not being any use whatsoever to my course, would be a dream elective for me.

(we have to do an elective in 4th year/maybe 3rd year for me since 2 of my fourth year units get brought forward)

Anyway its exploring european art, with a trip to europe. Of course, it costs money, and you have to do work, I don't have to chose for 1-2 years... but still, it would be nice. And its over our summer semester)

That sounds like my kind of work!....are you seriously considering it?

I would say no, I don't like rough....but Kelzy would faint if I tried saying it with a straight face :naughty:

Absolutely buying P!nk tickets....but I have to wait until May to see her though!!!!

That sounds like my kind of work!....are you seriously considering it?

Yeah considering it, if I can get some of the other girls to consider it too :wink2:

The kittehs are so much bigger than they were and haz mostly open eyes.

I keep meaning to take photos, but then have other things to do. Will take some soon.

My pups eyes have not opened yet :shocked:

Your kittens are so cute - what are you calling your little one

with the eye patch? :wub2:

The exploring European Art sounds really interesting - and maybe a bit

of a break from work and studies!! :thumb_yello:

Tell your friend I'm impressed by his extensive knowledge on the subject of metaphysical poetry.

And ask your b/f if perhaps he had a bad experience with a californian as a child, and it turned him against all of us?:roftl:

:lol3: .... friend says ...." :blush-anim-cl::cheerful_h4h: ... even tho' he came later, Walt Whitman has been described also as a metaphysical poet ... " :wink2:

.... b/f is struggling for a witty retort ... :rolls_eyes:

And I say .... ^^^^^ these two guys are both thespian-type-theatre-makers ... (friend is in his '40's & b/f in his '50's) ... & I reckon they are both Hilary S****ing ... :roftl:

Hi Wendi!

How is my little smudge doing?:wink2:

She's going to be Wench, cos the eye patch is very pirate like.

However, thats not the name shes being registered under :fisch: (council people tend to give me weird looks when I tell them pet names, so now I register them under normal names)

Its still studies, you have to write an essay on it, and write a journal while on it, but it would be studies that are fun.

Hi Wendi!

How is my little smudge doing?:wink2:

Hiya Tan - he is just gorgeous!! I am going to be hard pushed to give

him away!! He and Poppy are such great pals!! My girls are trying to

persuade me to keep them both - but I am being hard :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Oh pink hey?

Oooooooh, sounds awesome, Bec. I hope you get to do it.

May?!:yikes: I bet she'll be worth it, though.

It's going good; I'm taking a train tomorrow and spending the weekend back home.

Loads of hotties! New school and new town, so they're everywhere, but I'm playing the field a bit and trying to decide which one of them won't mind being used.:naughty: I'm in no mood to get serious and emotional over a guy right now.

She's going to be Wench, cos the eye patch is very pirate like.

However, thats not the name shes being registered under :fisch: (council people tend to give me weird looks when I tell them pet names, so now I register them under normal names)

Its still studies, you have to write an essay on it, and write a journal while on it, but it would be studies that are fun.

You have to register your pets? :blink: We don't!! The only animals

that are registered are pedigree breeds.

I knew it was still studies - but really interesting ones, and a trip

to Europe as well sounds great!! :thumb_yello:

.... friend says ...." :blush-anim-cl::cheerful_h4h: ... even tho' he came later, Walt Whitman has been described also as a metaphysical poet ... " :wink2:

.... b/f is struggling for a witty retort ... :rolls_eyes:

And I say .... ^^^^^ these two guys are both thespian-type-theatre-makers ... (friend is in his '40's & b/f in his '50's) ... & I reckon they are both Hilary S****ing ... :roftl:

:lmfao:

Being a uni student who only heard of the metaphysical poets about two weeks ago, I was also Hilary S****ing, and can admire when others do it well.:naughty: