Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 5)

Fmbm

Can you explain more? I don't follow that.

Maybe he just thought it looked like there were too many S's in there.

He spelt obsession correctly though. That made me scratch my head.

Yep, obsession is correctly spelled, but i guess he got mislead by the french word possession and in doubt, wrote it instead...

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, obsession is correctly spelled, but i guess he got mislead by the french word possession and in doubt, wrote it instead...

I understand where you're coming from, reverting to other language etc, but I can't find it spelt like that anywhere. Google shows nothing. :blink: I don't care anyway. I think it's cute actually. :roftl: Slap me.

Hey all! :bye:

Wow, I've missed being in this thread! Mind if I join in again?

I understand where you're coming from, reverting to other language etc, but I can't find it spelt like that anywhere. Google shows nothing. :blink: I don't care anyway. I think it's cute actually. :roftl: Slap me.

I reckon it's just the sound that confused him....after all, the English words that end in "tion" are pronounced as if the "t" is "sh" (attention, caution, ration, station...) so it's reasonable to assume that possession could be spelt like that too...

My two cents! :wink2:

slapha8.gif

:blush-anim-cl::mf_lustslow: More more!!

Hey all! :bye:

Wow, I've missed being in this thread! Mind if I join in again?

I reckon it's just the sound that confused him....after all, the English words that end in "tion" are pronounced as if the "t" is "sh" (attention, caution, ration, station...) so it's reasonable to assume that possession could be spelt like that too...

My two cents! :wink2:

Welcome back! And I agree with you.

G'night!! Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I couldn't find anything else about it either. :blink:

:roftl: It's not that bad.

I think Mika already had a religion curiousity going on. Couple that with a Mexico fetish (Gray Skelly - day of the dead) and bright colours and it's really not much of a surprise.

An example, a bracelet my mother gave me. I love the look of it when she gave it to me, then put it on and realised it was full of religious deities. I was in two minds about this but came to the conclusion that it is perfectly reasonable to admire religious images and not be religious. Afterall there are some visually stunning pieces out there.

I find it coincidental that today, after reading Mika's blog, that this bracelet fell out of a drawer. Had you of asked me where it was prior I wouldn't have known. I put it on and looked at it, and then realised I was looking at Lady Guadalupe.

random reply over :wink2:

OOOOH SPOOKY!!!

Like I said in my first comment I sent, as Carla had told me what the image was yesterday, and then spookily Mika posts this blog!

Robi, as it's a Catholic icon and he's indicted he's Catholic anyway, he's hardly dabbling with unfamiliar religions. But I do see your point, and I think he's more into the art of it rather than the religious significance of it.

hi rose! yes..i think he's on art too...if that can be called an art...i don't know, i've been surrounded by religious icons all my life...and find them of no interest at all...:blink:

but for the real masterpieces of our great artists of course

ok...i'll let him have his little obsession for that...and wait till it's over! :naughty:

hi rose! yes..i think he's on art too...if that can be called an art...i don't know, i've been surrounded by religious icons all my life...and find them of no interest at all...:blink:

but for the real masterpieces of our great artists of course

ok...i'll let him have his little obsession for that...and wait till it's over! :naughty:

Ahh ... Robi ... unlike you , I have not been surrounded by these things ... & yes, I too see it more as an artistic appreciation ... :wub2: ... fortunately on MFC we are from many & varied cultures & traditions ... & now we are all able to chat & share without any particular 'bias' .... I love this ... ! :wub2:

EDIT: If only the whole world could be like this ... :wub2:

Ha ha! Getting in there early.

WOO HOO!!!

He put my funny comment in, he still thinks I'm funny. YAY!!!

Love you big guy ;-)

*Mika accidentally pushed the approved button*

M: "Sh*t, now she still thinks I think she's funny!"

:wub2:

Ha ha! Getting in there early.

WOO HOO!!!

He put my funny comment in, he still thinks I'm funny. YAY!!!

Love you big guy ;-)

Aww .... 'course he does Rose !!

For the record ... I have only had 2 blog comments approved ... :sneaky2: ... mind you ... I haven't posted on all of them ... as I gave up ! :rolls_eyes:

Here is hoping that ALL comments (from us, not spam) ... will be approved in the future ! :thumb_yello:

Aww .... 'course he does Rose !!

For the record ... I have only had 2 blog comments approved ... :sneaky2: ... mind you ... I haven't posted on all of them ... as I gave up ! :rolls_eyes:

Here is hoping that ALL comments (from us, not spam) ... will be approved in the future ! :thumb_yello:

Amen to that!

Ingie! Don't be mean!!! LOL!