Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your point is that my picture might've been up on Es'wall as inspiration

It's an adventure park. Like a mini tacky version of Disneyland.

I did that too!! About 8 times.

:roftl: Brilliant!

Here we go:

Clipboard01dfvc.jpg

It's two different Luna Parks actually, I guess the Melbourne and Sydney ones? He must REALLY love Australia *fangirls* :roftl:

at the moment I'm ill...I havn't enough energy to go around xD

yes I think there is one more in which I can ask for the DVD!

Use a phone book and a telephone!

Your point is that my picture might've been up on Es'wall as inspiration :das:

It's an adventure park. Like a mini tacky version of Disneyland. :naughty:

I did that too!! About 8 times. :roftl:

:wub2: Aww, Can you order it online?

LMAO! *imagines that pic hanging on Es' wall*:roftl:

I've just got my dvd (standard) and :boing::wub2::tears:

can't wait to watch it, but I have no time now:thumbdown: and I want to watch it in a cosy room when I'm relaxed and I have no pressure whatsoever from the outside world :blush-anim-cl:

but I browsed the booklet and saw something I had never noticed before...

Relax written by Mika and Nicholas Eade, incorporating elements of '(I just) Died In Your Arms' :boxed: I've actually missed this part...

When did he say he really took parts of that song? I knew lots of people said it was the same song but :confused:

I've just got my dvd (standard) and :boing::wub2::tears:

can't wait to watch it, but I have no time now:thumbdown: and I want to watch it in a cosy room when I'm relaxed and I have no pressure whatsoever from the outside world :blush-anim-cl:

but I browsed the booklet and saw something I had never noticed before...

Relax written by Mika and Nicholas Eade, incorporating elements of '(I just) Died In Your Arms' :boxed: I've actually missed this part...

When did he say he really took parts of that song? I knew lots of people said it was the same song but :confused:

It's not the same song, only the synth in the first chorus is slightly the same. Some people say the intro is slightly the same, but for me that's a completely different tone.

It's not the same song, only the synth in the first chorus is slightly the same. Some people say the intro is slightly the same, but for me that's a completely different tone.

Thanks! Has he ever acknowledged that in an interview? never heard him talk about that... :boxed: Maybe he did so just to avoid any legal problems...he's always stated that people find similarity with songs he has never heard of :blink:

Thanks! Has he ever acknowledged that in an interview? never heard him talk about that... :boxed: Maybe he did so just to avoid any legal problems...he's always stated that people find similarity with songs he has never heard of :blink:

Don't know about the interview thing but it was included in the LICM booklet too :thumb_yello:

I can't remember him ever saying that in an interview. Hmm..I can't find other similarities with other songs though..

And I'm pretty sure he heard of that I just died (in your arms tonight) song before.:naughty:

*sigh*

I'm still waiting for Trinidad to get the LICM DVD!!! Thank God for Amazon :naughty:

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but does anyone know if Amazon (US) is getting the delux or is it the standard? Cause I bought the standard last time so I'd really like to get the delux this time round.

*sigh*

I'm still waiting for Trinidad to get the LICM DVD!!! Thank God for Amazon :naughty:

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but does anyone know if Amazon (US) is getting the delux or is it the standard? Cause I bought the standard last time so I'd really like to get the delux this time round.

Well, the last thing I read was that it will be the Standard version.. You can check this thread too for more detailed info on this matter http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17176

I just died in your arms tonight was the cheesiest song back in the old 80's when i was a kid and i bet mika would never had the intention to use it, maybe he had never listened to it or heard of it, and if he did he didn't properly suceed coz it doens't sound like relax intro at all, although there's a slight ressemblance if u try hard but for crying out loud that commonly happens to loads of other artist/songs

I just died in your arms tonight was the cheesiest song back in the old 80's when i was a kid and i bet mika would never had the intention to use it, maybe he had never listened to it or heard of it, and if he did he didn't properly suceed coz it doens't sound like relax intro at all, although there's a slight ressemblance if u try hard but for crying out loud that commonly happens to loads of other artist/songs

I think so, too. But then why has he had to put the other artist's name in both DVDs? it's unfair :thumbdown: (I actually haven't checked the cd yet, but I will)

Here we go:

Clipboard01dfvc.jpg

It's two different Luna Parks actually, I guess the Melbourne and Sydney ones? He must REALLY love Australia *fangirls*

That last pic (the one with the sun) looks like if it's from an exhibition here in London a few years ago, at some Museum (I forget which, I think it was the Tate Modern but not sure) and I went to it.....I took a pic exactly like that one, hence why I recognise it :naughty:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm on my DVD high.

It was very unexpected that it would come this early and today was my day off. Yipeeeee.

Love the menu!

Loved the documentary, who knew he could cook? and is that his kitchen?

That was quite an undertaking and I'm so glad they pulled it off.

Loved it when he called Kanye a bastard, lololol

I really liked Es and Maureen seems like a sweet person.

And that might have to be my new catch phrase, AbsoF***lutely.

LOLOLOLOL at the carrying of the scooter and even all the way to the back of the stadium.

Thanks for the info on the loo, I didn't catch all of it.

And wow he didn't speak all day, I can imagine the looks he got from the hotel staff.

Nice to see the other sisters.

As for the concert, loved it. I'm glad I have LICM dvd too. While I was watching I kept thinking about the small venues and what a huge difference a year made.

It really is amazing that he has come this far off one album.

I wish I had a dvd of a concert in between the first and this one. Because to me, this one is more about the visual and the hugeness of the production.

So, I'd like a dvd of the developed concert, but not at this scale.

I actually think the dvd doesn't capture all of the clown. There is just so much going on at once.

I loved the oversweep of the crowd shots, it looked so massive.

Very glad to get finally a great capture of Just Can't Get Enough.

Still love Rain and thought the fog was a nice touch.

Bravo Mika, absof*** fantastic.

:roftl: Brilliant!

Here we go:

Clipboard01dfvc.jpg

It's two different Luna Parks actually, I guess the Melbourne and Sydney ones? He must REALLY love Australia *fangirls* :roftl:

:jawdrop:

I need to rewatch the DVD more closely.. :naughty:

*fangurls with you*

Squee.

LMAO! *imagines that pic hanging on Es' wall*

:naughty: I might put it up on my wall now.

*Is watching the DVD again "in sync" with 2 other Aussies* :wink2:

Finally got the DVD... a lovely surprise from a friend who pre-ordered it from amazon..

First, I have to say that I was speechless when I saw that amazon envelop/DVD cover... it was a great surprise and completely unexpected.. :wub2: I guess my friend heard me nag a lot about the DVD and before I even dragged him across shopping malls looking for the DVD, he actually pre-ordered it...

maybe the word "disappointed" is a little too strong... as I had no expectations whatsoever... even after reading all the positive and negative reviews... it was simply not "magical"... I don't expect a DVD to be more than what it should be... but if I compare it to LICM... I have to say the first one was much more interesting for me to watch...

the thing is, I probably compared it to Live in Cartoon Motion - and how much THAT DVD was entertaining. At the time when I bought the first DVD, I was supposed to go to Paris and watch the live gig but couldn't make it .. instead two of my best friends did and told me how much fun they had... then I saw him live in Dubai... and had a taste of his live performance... so by the time I bough the DVD, it was a great reminder of seeing him live... and also the extra bits were very very interesting, cause at that time, I really did not know that much about him... as in I haven't seen many interviews, etc... and there was a great deal of info in the extra... between him touring the different countries, a bit about himself... backstage.. and interviews...

I then had a great opportunity of seeing him 3 more times live - London (which is one of the best performances, Amsterdam - which was OK - and then Beirut, which is up till now is my favorite by far)

when I got the DVD - I went through the documentary section first, which was OK, but the same idea kept repeating on and on... yes, it is interesting seeing the hard work put behind it - but it was a little too much... with the repetition... he sort of lost me with the fashion designer and Christian la boutin... I felt it was something probably meant a lot to him to add in the documentary ... but did nothing to me... getting a fancy jacket and shoes means nothing to me... with respect to his gig.. and how much value it added to his music and live performance..

The interviews with people... all the praise... was a little too much... though I loved the bit with his sister (the funny bits when they are joking about him being silent before the gig)

then I started the music part... and since by this time, I have seen him live 4 times... really vocally it didn't do anything more than watching my own youtube videos of the gigs I have been to... there was nothing new there (musically)... yes, he is good... that's why I am a big fan... but nothing new on that front...

I have to admit that I have been a fan of is music and vocals from day 1.. and not his looks or the other things that attract many other fans... so on that level it was a little bit of a deja vu... In fact I feel good that I have seen him live in Beirut and Brixton cause the energy he had on stage on both occasions was way higher and his performance musically was better... PdP was too well prepared.. almost robotic... where as in both Beirut and Brixton.. he just enjoyed himself.. and interacted with the crowd...

I felt the whole gig/DVD is a personal ego boost and a challenge that he put to impress himself and entertain himself... when really all he needed was his piano and his lovely octaves to impress me as a fan...

ok... now, I know I might sound a little harsh... so, I will also talk about all the nice things about the DVD.. and things that brought a smile to my face

- It's a mika DVD... yes, that is a good enough reason to bring a smile to my face

- Es Devlin (she was very interesting)

- The little jokes in the documentary (how he tried to call Es and convince her, and how he is usually silent before gigs)

- seeing the Lebanese flag several times

- Just hearing Mika's music

- Understanding his vision in the audio visual sense

so overall it is a pleasant DVD... because it is a Mika DVD.. and I always enjoyed listening to his music... and watching him Live...

when it comes to content... there was really not enough juice for me

Okay just watched the dvd (ft commentary with other aussies via msn)

Overall it was good. There were some amusing bits, a hungry Luna Park style mouth, lots of confetti and visual aspects. Liked the tap dancing kid. Want thefireworks t-shirt

Still had to stop myself from breaking into I just died in your arms tonight when I hear the relax intro though :naughty: (It used to confuse me on my mp3 player to no end).

But yeah, it was enjoyable and will probably watch again.

One of the camermen seem to have a fascination with arse shots though *zhhz*

Overall it was good. There were some amusing bits, a hungry Luna Park style mouth, lots of confetti and visual aspects. Liked the tap dancing kid. Want thefireworks t-shirt

Still had to stop myself from breaking into I just died in your arms tonight when I hear the relax intro though :naughty: (It used to confuse me on my mp3 player to no end).

:shocked: Luna park mouth ate a Bird!!! :naughty:

I have same thing happen with Relax too.

Which makes it look like Mika has a thing for Arse shots too.

Didn't they just!

I was saying that to my friend who watched it with me, that the cameraman was focusing a little too much down there!

I want the 99p t shirt, seriously.

Didn't they just!

I was saying that to my friend who watched it with me, that the cameraman was focusing a little too much down there!

I want the 99p t shirt, seriously.

I have to agree on that one :naughty: especially the guy who did the act right before in any other world... I mean his pants are revealing enough... there was really no need to zoom in and freeze :roftl:

I am guessing people who haven't seen Mika live - or haven't seen his lastest summer gigs live will surely enjoy it more... as it must be all " new" to them

:thumb_yello: