Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just watching

and I have a question: does anyone know from which remix is the first Relax, Take It Easy clip/sample (before they show him going onstage) taken from? After that is played a sample from the rave mix from the gig itself then a bit from the Ashley Beedle Castro mix of Relax, Take It Easy, then a bit from the Moto Blanco mix of Love Today. It's just that first clip that I can't identify, which is strange because I thought I had all of the released remixes. Unless it isn't released and was made just for the ad? :blink: Edited by SuperTwat

haha well your language is naturally french...I really love the french version of Grace Kelly...I hear it everyday...but I tried to read the text...he is sooooooo fast :shocked:

Do you would have understood it if you didn't know the lyrics??:shocked:

Yes it is:

Est-ce que je t'attire

Ou bien te fais fuir

Quand je souris comme ça?

Le regard "degueu" /ou le regard vicieux(variante)

Le regard mielleux

Ou les deux à la fois

Un air de bucheron

de gentil garçon

Dis-moi suis-je assez Glam?

Pourquoi tu n'm aimes pas pourquoi tu n'm aimes pas

Sans me coller des blâmes

Je prends les poses de Grace Kelly

Mais pour toi ça ne suffit pas

Alors je chante un peu comme Freddie

Mais que faut-il que je sois?

Un légionnaire, un tortionnaire pour être ton idéal

Un mec un peu seul, un peu comme Mickeal,

un bandit toujours en cavale

Suis-je assez in?

Suis-je assez clean?

Mais que te faut-il encore?

Pour que tu m'aimes bien, pour que tu m'aimes bien, pour qu'un beau jour tu m'adores

Comment te charmer, comment te charmer

Comment t'empêcher d'me dire

De changer d'avis, de changer d'amis

De ne pas chercher à séduire

Pourquoi tu ne m'aimes pas (x2)

Pourquoi tu ne t'aimes pas, toi

Je me fais tout petit je fais tapisserie

Et tu repeints tout chez moi

Fais ce que tu veux de moi

Je serai au mieux

ce que les autres ont envie que je sois pour toi

Un megalo, un soprano pour être ton idéal....

(variante)

Yes it is:

Est-ce que je t'attire

Ou bien te fais fuir

Quand je souris comme ça?

Le regard mielleux

Ou les deux à la fois

Un air de bucheron

de gentil garçon

Dis-moi suis-je assez Glam?

Pourquoi tu n'm aimes pas pourquoi tu n'm aimes pas

Sans me coller des blâmes

Je prends les poses de Grace Kelly

Mais pour toi ça ne suffit pas

Alors je chante un peu comme Freddie

Mais que faut-il que je sois?

Un légionnaire, un tortionnaire pour être ton idéal

Un mec un peu seul, un peu comme Mickeal,

un bandit toujours en cavale

Suis-je assez in?

Suis-je assez clean?

Mais que te faut-il encore?

Pour que tu m'aimes bien, pour que tu m'aimes bien, pour qu'un beau jour tu m'adores

Pourquoi tu ne m'aimes pas (x2)

Pourquoi tu ne t'aimes pas, toi

Je me fais tout petit je fais tapisserie

Et tu repeints tout chez moi

Fais ce que tu veux de moi

Je serai au mieux

ce que les autres ont envie que je sois pour toi

Un megalo, un soprano pour être ton idéal....

(variante)

The guy who wrote those lyrics is borderline illiterate. And downright stupid. What happened to Mika, for God's sake ? Can't he understand one of his mother tongues any more ? Because if he could, he would never had sung such rubbish in front of... I prefer not to think about it :mad:!

The guy who wrote those lyrics is borderline illiterate. And downright stupid. What happened to Mika, for God's sake ? Can't he understand one of his mother tongues any more ? Because if he could, he would never had sung such rubbish in front of... I prefer not to think about it :mad:!

i also think it's...weird! :blink:

i also think it's...weird! :blink:

I second that!

I am a portuguese translator and i've studied french for 25 years, and I am pretty sure that I, in my humble knowledge of the French language, would be able to make a less ridiculous adaptation of GK...It has nothing to do with the original, and it even gets some cheesy bits which don't reflect mika's songwriting/ideas/ideals at all...

Sorry to say Mika, but very wrong choice...;(

I second that!

I am a portuguese translator and i've studied french for 25 years, and I am pretty sure that I, in my humble knowledge of the French language, would be able to make a less ridiculous adaptation of GK...It has nothing to do with the original, and it even gets some cheesy bits which don't reflect mika's songwriting/ideas/ideals at all...

Sorry to say Mika, but very wrong choice...;(

I ran it through babelfish (which always makes me laugh) and it made no sense to me either.

The only catch I can think of is that it needed to rhyme. But by doing so it loses its quality.

I ran it through babelfish (which always makes me laugh) and it made no sense to me either.

The only catch I can think of is that it needed to rhyme. But by doing so it loses its quality.

Hi Kelz ;)

Exactly my point, it has no feeling it has nothing but a poor attempt to rhyme ;(

Hi Kelz ;)

Exactly my point, it has no feeling it has nothing but a poor attempt to rhyme ;(

Hey!!! :biggrin2:

And no one was singing along to it in french - that I noticed. So, while it was something important for him personally to do, it really wasn't necessary.

gtg now :huglove::bye:

but they sure were pleassed he made the effort- it got a huge roar of approval- and they couldn't sing along, could they- they'd never heard it before.

I'm not doubting you if you say it's a poor translation- and you'd think he'd have decent French lyricists available to him. But failing that- people before poetry. And maybe it does sound as if he did it himself- in which case, that was good of him.

You can't say that it's a poor translation since it's no translation at all!!!

Doriand (who is the author of the french lyrics you can see in the La Rochelle's Mikablog) just respected the general idea of the song but he didn't try to translate them at all... It would have sounded absurd!

BTW if Mika wanted a french version of one of his song, it was not for the PDP at the beginning but for the La Rochelle show because this festival is dedicated to french speaking singers and when Mika was announced there, it was discussed and some said that he shouldn't have been there since he sings in english....

I think this was the only reason for the Grace Kelly french version......

For me this moment remains a great moment of the PDP show because there was a lot of emotion for Mika himself who was not sure of what he was doing and for the audience too who were conscious that he made a special effort for them, this was much appreciated....

In fact he sang the French version back in 2007 already.

He did sing the last lines in French at brussels and at some other shows.

I dmust admit I don't like the French version... sorry :naughty: I'm a translator too btw and a native french speaker , but it has nothing to do with translation in this case. Like someone said it's an adaptation, only the spirit of the song matters, and this was respected. I just don't like the phrasing.

BTW PLEASE DO NOT TRUST BABELFISH and online translators, they're crap, and what u'll get won't mean a thing anyway :wink2:

Salut chopotte,

J'ai jamais dit que c'etait une traduction, c'est clair que c'est pas ça, j'ai parlé d'une adaptation de la part de Doriand...

Mais je suis pas d'accord quand tu dis qu'il respecte l'idee generale, on peut discuter des examples plus tard...

C'etait certainement un effort de Mika que le public francais a aimé beaucoup, mais l'auteur devrait etre plus fidel a la version anglaise...

But then it's just my humble opinion ;)

@ Niki: Absolutely!

Indeed he had sung a few lines before but it was only the chorus, isn't it? not the entire song!

@ willywonka: je respecte ton opinion n'étant pas fan de la version française non plus mais en fait je réagissais à ce que disait Soaring Simpson "poor translation"...Mais je ne comprends pas quand tu dis "fidèle à la version anglaise" car je trouve qu'il l'a plutôt été, l'esprit a été respecté comme dit Niki....

Mon avis ne va certainement pas être interressant :naughty: mais je trouve que l'esprit de la chanson est tout à fait respecté... ce n'est pas évident de manier un titre existant, de changer totalement les paroles tout en gardant le sens et le but de la chanson... enfin c'est juste mon opinion... et je trouve que c'est réussi :wink2: pour ma part, j'aime bien la version française... :wub2::thumb_yello:

et puis c'est sûr que pour les francophones, c'est toujours un plaisir de l'entendre chanter et parler en Français :wink2:

Edited by Miss_lollipop54

Being a native speaker you may be able to help me chopotte:

Les regards... what does that have to do with dirty and flirty?

Le regard mielleux

Do I like what you like (another one i see no relation with)

Ou les deux à la fois

Un mec un peu seul, un peu comme Michael/ma gueule???

un bandit toujours en cavale????

Why don't you walk out the door?

pour qu'un beau jour tu m'adores (a clear attempt just to rhyme, as i see it)

(I don't think the general idea was tottally expressed in these lines)

Je me fais tout petit je fais tapisserie????????

Et tu repeints tout chez moi??????

(Please be so kind to explain where does this come from?)

;)

Of course its great to listen to him singing in our native languages....

I can only imagine what you all felt like in PDP, as Mika only said a few lines before BB here in Portugal and the audience gone wild...

I'd just like you francophones, as i'm not one, to help me with my lyrics analysis coz i think i don't get it the way you do ;)

Yeah, exactly the same one :bleh: We are at parties like Halloween and things like that... oops, let's stay on-topic! :naughty:

Ja, wij hadden in de 2e ook zulke zinnen *is te lui om engels te typen, en omdat anderen dat blijkbaar ook niet willen, en ons toch niet kunnen verstaan, doet ze het ook niet*

Ik haat Frans echt heel erg, en ben er ook bagger in:bleh:

Anyways..

une grande discussion pour UN chanson. Geez.

Tout avis est intéressant, Miss, mais quand tu dis que pour des francophones entendre Mika chanter en français, c'est toujours un plaisir, je ne suis pas d'accord : pas n'importe quoi !

La poésie un peu déjantée de GK en anglais est complètement absente de ce tissu de... OK, pas de grossièreté, même en français, dans ces colonnes. Mais entendre Mika chanter ça, c'est obscène, comme s'il se grattait les organes génitaux sur scène... il a trop de classe pour faire un geste aussi vulgaire, et trop de talent pour chanter l'adaptation de cet ignare.

A la limite j'aurais préféré sur la musique de GK une toute autre histoire, mais de qualité, que ce que nous avons entendu. Et je ne pense pas être le seul : dans l'enregistrement de certains concerts, on entend crier dans le public "en anglais !"

Mais ravi, vraiment, que ça t'ait plu : j'ai une théorie selon laquelle si une chanson plait à un seul auditeur, ça valait la peine de l'écrire et de l'interpréter... eh bien, tu es cette personne.

xxx

Id3

Being a native speaker you may be able to help me chopotte:

I'll try to do my best though it's difficult to explain that in english, Niki can do this better than me I think

Les regards... what does that have to do with dirty and flirty?

Le regard mielleux

"degueu" = dégueulasse = dirty/disgusting

"mielleux" can mean flirty here because "un regard mielleux" is the way you look at someone in order to seduce him even if you don't mean it

Do I like what you like (another one i see no relation with)

Ou les deux à la fois

I think that you wanted each sentence to be translated in fact but it was indeed not the case. As I said, it is not a translation, but only the idea of mika's personality being rejected by producers etc....which is put forward here

Un mec un peu seul, un peu comme Michael/ma gueule???

un bandit toujours en cavale????

Why don't you walk out the door?

pour qu'un beau jour tu m'adores (a clear attempt just to rhyme, as i see it)

this approaches "why don't you like me" in a more optimistic way

(I don't think the general idea was tottally expressed in these lines)

I think it explains "I could be wholesome I could be loathsome

I guess I'm a little bit shy"

Je me fais tout petit je fais tapisserie????????

Et tu repeints tout chez moi??????

(Please be so kind to explain where does this come from?)

here

here it is to say "But you only want what everybody else says you should want" "repeindre tout chez moi" n'est pas à prendre au sens propre mais figuré ça veut juste dire de façon imagée qu'il veulent lui changer sa personalité en en "peignant" une autre sur lui....

;)

so I hope my notes in your quote helps you... Anyway it's my point of view maybe someone would interprete this differently:wink2:

Tout avis est intéressant, Miss, mais quand tu dis que pour des francophones entendre Mika chanter en français, c'est toujours un plaisir, je ne suis pas d'accord : pas n'importe quoi !

La poésie un peu déjantée de GK en anglais est complètement absente de ce tissu de... OK, pas de grossièreté, même en français, dans ces colonnes. Mais entendre Mika chanter ça, c'est obscène, comme s'il se grattait les organes génitaux sur scène... il a trop de classe pour faire un geste aussi vulgaire, et trop de talent pour chanter l'adaptation de cet ignare.

A la limite j'aurais préféré sur la musique de GK une toute autre histoire, mais de qualité, que ce que nous avons entendu. Et je ne pense pas être le seul : dans l'enregistrement de certains concerts, on entend crier dans le public "en anglais !"

Mais ravi, vraiment, que ça t'ait plu : j'ai une théorie selon laquelle si une chanson plait à un seul auditeur, ça valait la peine de l'écrire et de l'interpréter... eh bien, tu es cette personne.

xxx

Id3

attention je n'ai pas dit que j'aimais la chanson telle qu'elle était écrite mais j'avoue que oui, j'ai aimé ce moment au PDP....L'idée que je défendais ici était le respect de l'idée générale par rapport au texte de départ c'est tout!Maintenant même si je te trouve un peu dure, je respecte ton avis.... Cela dit je suis tout de même d'accord sur le fait que Mika aurait pu trouver un meilleur parolier, mais bon.....c'est fait, c'est fait!