• D
    • E
    • F
    • G
    • H
    • I
    • J

PLEASE READ

After a quick inquiry, we've noticed that AT LEAST 10 unactivated members (all registered last night and with the same IP) had voted.

Since it's clearly a forgery, we've decided to cancel these 10 votes.

We're now gonna have a more in-depth tracking of all the votes who went to the banners which are in the lead. If we notice similar cheating, further steps will be taken.

I'm very saddened some MFCers have decided to cheat in order to win a DVD. Seriously :(

Let me also remind you all that creating multiple accounts, especially to cover fraudulous activities, can lead to disciplinary measures. Please see the guidelines (rule #10).

Thank you for your comprehension.

P.S. I suggest that if someone needs to get sthg off their chest, they contact the mod team asap.

That really is disgusting... I can't believe that anyone would cheat like that...

It's only a DVD of a Mika concert, not Mika doing a the full monty...

Though that would be interesting to see...

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this doesn't become a trend in future MFC competitions. :sneaky2:

Me too, Kelzy. :(

Look, I don't want to be all preachy and self-righteous, but this is

really a shame, and I'm pretty upset at what I've seen as I've

been researching this situation. :thumbdown:

I want everyone to know, in no uncertain terms, that we are making

every effort to keep this competition fair and above board. We will

not tolerate cheating like this -- it's just not on. Maybe we aren't

all best friends here, but we do have a common bond, and I thought

we would all have some integrity and treat each other with respect.

:blink:

OK, enough said.

You all know by now that we'll be holding another contest in the near

future. We were really excited at this opportunity to give away some

cool prizes to the MFC members.

Clearly, we'll have to put stricter rules and controls in place to

make sure this type of situation doesn't occur again. But I promise

you, we WILL make sure that things are run as fairly as possible.

dcdeb

That really is disgusting... I can't believe that anyone would cheat like that...

It's only a DVD of a Mika concert, not Mika doing a the full monty...

Though that would be interesting to see...

Me neither. It's not just cheating at some random comp on the internet to boot, it's cheating on the MFC, disadvantaging people you talk to everyday and are your so-called friends! :(

Considering the time we spent on this (the mods, but also the members who entered and all made a terrific job, the members who voted...), it's even more disgusting. I'm not even angry, I'm sad...

Me neither. It's not just cheating at some random comp on the internet to boot, it's cheating on the MFC, disadvantaging people you talk to everyday and are your so-called friends! :(

Considering the time we spent on this (the mods, but also the members who entered and all made a terrific job, the members who voted...), it's even more disgusting. I'm not even angry, I'm sad...

I totally agree with you there Niki... hopefully whoever did it will own up to a mod...

I guess I would be really upset about it if I had participated... but still... that's a lot of hard work, and if you can't win something on hard work and skill alone, then don't bother...

PLEASE READ

After a quick inquiry, we've noticed that AT LEAST 10 unactivated members (all registered last night and with the same IP) had voted.

Since it's clearly a forgery, we've decided to cancel these 10 votes.

We're now gonna have a more in-depth tracking of all the votes who went to the banners which are in the lead. If we notice similar cheating, further steps will be taken.

I'm very saddened some MFCers have decided to cheat in order to win a DVD. Seriously :(

Let me also remind you all that creating multiple accounts, especially to cover fraudulous activities, can lead to disciplinary measures. Please see the guidelines (rule #10).

Thank you for your comprehension.

P.S. I suggest that if someone needs to get sthg off their chest, they contact the mod team asap.

wow!:shocked:

that's crazy! 10 members registered last night...

I'm shocked that people would be so competitive to the point of cheating.

It's a shame:sad:

Regardless of anyone confessing publicly, the mods can see who the person/people are who voted through multiple accounts by looking at the IP address. Maybe people don't realise: your computer has its own IP address and no matter how many alternative member accounts you make, they are all traceable back to you.

Regardless of anyone confessing publicly, the mods can see who the person/people are who voted through multiple accounts by looking at the IP address. Maybe people don't realise: your computer has its own IP address and no matter how many alternative member accounts you make, they are all traceable back to you.

Exactly... I keep thinking that in this case public apologies will be welcome, tho. In French we say that a confessed sin is an half forgiven sin ;)

*gives a half slap to Kelzy" :naughty:

The difference is that the other username was created ages and ages ago... and you didn't create a lot of users to vote...

Well, if you wish... Slap.gif

Thanks love. I feel degraded, which is better than ashamed. :naughty:

Exactly... I keep thinking that in this case public apologies will be welcome, tho. In French we say that a confessed sin is an half forgiven sin ;)

*gives a half slap to Kelzy" :naughty:

Bring it on sister. :roftl:

Im sorry to be a voice of reason here , and im sorry if you all hate me for it ;):bleh: ...

Yes cheating is wrong , and yes its wrong to the other particpants .. which eventually should be apologised for .. i also realise a lot of hard work has gone in from the mods !!! :bow: .. and its a shame it has come to cheating to try and win ... its wrong end of ...

But cummon guys ... i dont know who the person is , but they MAY have just been a person DESPERATE for the DVD ! For all we know it could have been a youngling , who doesnt have it and cant get it from thier parents for xmas !! Whether its a youngling or not ... for all mfc members know it could be or could have been , obviously the mods will know different !! ... there are more problems that come from trolls on this forum and cheating for a dvd seems much more "innocent" than the stirring that can go on from trolls !!

They probably did it without realising it would be taken so seriously , as its a banner comp !! ... im sure when they realise and view the thread they will realise how they have upset people ... but its like a witch hunt at the minute over cheating on a banner :boxed: ... i doubt they WILL admit it publicly now ! ... and they shouldnt have to ... only the participants that they cheated against and the mods for thier hard work ! .....

anyway ... maybe mfc isnt the place for me today :naughty: ... but just wanted to stick ma big fat nose in :bleh:

Merry Xmas ! :newyear: .....

LOL xx

Oi woman, get your big fat nose out of this!!!

:naughty::huglove:

I agree, it's only a banner comp... but still... I understand the hard work that went into that sort of stuff... I mean, at the moment the best I can do is my siggie (no not the thing that says nico_collard, the Doug Anthony Allstars one)...

Obviously I don't know who actually did the cheating... but I know whose banner it is... I would hate to think that they had something to do with it...

Don't shoot me, but maybe it should be called a void competition and do another comp... *shrugs*

Anyways, I better head off... night all!

Love ya Cassiekins :huglove: Like I said, I voted once extra and then thought I shouldn't have, and this person could be thinking that too. And I never cheat.. except on those stupid infuriating quizzes.. :naughty: But we all do.. So, anyway. Like I said earlier somewhere to someone, all new steps have hiccups and this is just one.. So let's chill..

Oi woman, get your big fat nose out of this!!!

:naughty::huglove:

I agree, it's only a banner comp... but still... I understand the hard work that went into that sort of stuff... I mean, at the moment the best I can do is my siggie (no not the thing that says nico_collard, the Doug Anthony Allstars one)...

Obviously I don't know who actually did the cheating... but I know whose banner it is... I would hate to think that they had something to do with it...

Don't shoot me, but maybe it should be called a void competition and do another comp... *shrugs*

Anyways, I better head off... night all!

I understand all the hardwork too ! thats why i bowed to mods and said cheating is wrong end of to mods and participants :bow: ...

Goodnight teegs ! :huglove:

and im off too before i get stoned to death :naughty::wink2:

Love ya Cassiekins :huglove: Like I said, I voted once extra and then thought I shouldn't have, and this person could be thinking that too. And I never cheat.. except on those stupid infuriating quizzes.. :naughty: But we all do.. So, anyway. Like I said earlier somewhere to someone, all new steps have hiccups and this is just one.. So let's chill..

Love ya too melzster :huglove:

I just find cheating over a christmas banner so innocent , even if it is wrong LOL ... :boxed::roftl:

As i say , Maybe MFC is not for me today , so i will retreat back to my rock :naughty::wub2: