• C
    • D
    • E
    • F
    • G
    • H
    • I
    • J

I have to say (and sorry to the creator of option B) I will be disappointed if there was no cheating going on there! I mean really, Mika just looks ODD to say the least. I can't believe it has so many votes!

If it wins, how long will we have to put up with it?

I'm sorry babs , but are you serious!?!

If I created B and I read this, I'd be really hurt.

But then again I can never tell sarcasm from seriousness. :naughty:

So if you are being serious, :thumbdown:

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika's shoes? Will they fit you? I don't see sparkly gold ones suiting you Fred. :wink2:

No, but you have a big fat nose. :lmfao:

Fred, darling, you are such an innocent in some ways, it's endearing.

And deb, practical to the last! :thumb_yello:

I have to say (and sorry to the creator of option B) I will be disappointed if there was no cheating going on there! I mean really, Mika just looks ODD to say the least. I can't believe it has so many votes!

If it wins, how long will we have to put up with it?

I've just had a look at the votes. Seems like, in total, 26 (26!! *dies*) unactivated members, all registered these last days, and with matching IPs, have voted for the same banner. The owners of banners A, B and C look clean :wink2:

Poll closed... a bit late (blame the server :naughty:)

I know you will notice changes in the results: I indeed had to cancel more votes coming from unactivated dodgy users.

Considering the circumstances, the official winners will be announced in a few hours. Thanks for your comprehension ;)

Yeh ... I see it all but Im hurt overall

I was mega trusting on this , this didnt even cross my mind this would happen .

I do see the side of a child (lets say) desperate to win , but much more all the time and effort that went into this .. its a kick in the teeth

Freds, no-one would expect that people would cheat to win a DVD... come on, it's even available in Australia... it's not like half the world can't get it... even my parents found it on hte coast in a place maybe a bit bigger than the city we're in...

Even seeing the side of a child being desperate to win shouldn't make it right or less wrong... which I'm sure you'd agree with me on this...

it COULD have been a youngling ... If it was - are younglings not allowd to do silly things and learn by thier mistakes ? :wink2: It maybe isnt a youngling , but my point was it COULD have been ... That was what i meant ... and i personally think in any circumstance ... its unfair to be judgemental (as im sure you agree) when people dont even know who created the banner .... as i say , it could have been a desperate youngling ... god knows i cheated at games when i was young ;) But i got laughed at - disqualified and didnt have to go through public humiliation about it either ... what if in RL it was a 12 year old that cheated at a game for example to win a fiver ... would he be put out infront of the whole street to apologise to the neighbours ? i tend to think any youngling would be in tears if they were humiliated like that :wink2: (just an example of what i was getting at earlier :-) )

As i said before , its obvious people take it alot more serious than i personally do , which is fine!!! - and why i said , maybe MFC isnt for me today :naughty: But i do think that point was worth pointing out which i did ...

Caz xoxo

Yeah, but some of us know whose banner it was because that person told us... I just hope that person didn't do it because that would be disappointing...

It might seem cruel, but humiliation is often the way that kids learn not to do things... not that I would ever do that (not in a proffessional way or even with my niece or nephew), but sometimes that's how people learn what's right or wrong...

I think this amount of discussion about the fact that someone cheated will be enough to embarrass them into not doing it again...

Same with me... I don't think it's as serious as it is (though if I had a banner in there I would be mega pissed)... but the thing about making sure people do the right thing is something I really like to stick by...

I've just had a look at the votes. Seems like, in total, 26 (26!! *dies*) unactivated members, all registered these last days, and with matching IPs, have voted for the same banner. The owners of banners A, B and C look clean :wink2:

:jawdrop:

Whoa... someone's desperate for a DVD...

I wouldn't have been surprised if someone else had cheated too...

Regardless of anyone confessing publicly, the mods can see who the person/people are who voted through multiple accounts by looking at the IP address. Maybe people don't realise: your computer has its own IP address and no matter how many alternative member accounts you make, they are all traceable back to you.

If people didn't know that before they do now. Also, for everyone's future reference: using proxies doesn't work.

I'm afraid this kind of votes will be cancelled too, just a matter of fairness towards other MFC members who played it 100% honest.

I agree that canceling those votes is fair, such as the one from my old account, even if won't make a difference to the final outcome since they're pity votes.

She was stating her opinion on the banner's design not personally attacking the banner's maker. We have the right to our opinions of each other's work.

Edited by SuperTwat

She was stating her opinion on the banner's design not personally attacking the banner's maker. We have the right to our opinions of each other's work.

Perhaps that was just a little lost in the translation, but it's all clear now. :wink2:

Sorry hun, maybe I can rephrase that, I really dislike the picture used in the banner. The rest of it is good.

I didn't mean to upset you but it's only my opnion on this particular banner. And it's winning anyway, so I am in the minority anyway..

Sorry hun, maybe I can rephrase that, I really dislike the picture used in the banner. The rest of it is good.

I didn't mean to upset you but it's only my opnion on this particular banner. And it's winning anyway, so I am in the minority anyway..

Youll just have to put sticky tape over the top left hand side of your screen for a few weeks :naughty::wink2:

Well, I obviously wanted my own at the top of the week.. er page. :wink2::naughty:

But I do like B. Well done B banner maker! :flowers2:

When I put all the banners onto the MFC Logo for us to look at I had put some bets (in my mind) on a few and B was definitely one of them! And I remember a few others saying that too.

:punk: Enjoy your prize!

Edited by Kelzy

But I do like B. Well done B banner maker! :flowers2:

When I put all the banners onto the MFC Logo for us to look at I had put some bets (in my mind) on a few and B was definitely one of them! And I remember a few others saying that too.

I like the more subtle banners, C most especially. Also I like I, I think it's creative (and the champagne is appropriate :naughty:).

I like the more subtle banners, C most especially. Also I like I, I think it's creative (and the champagne is appropriate :naughty:).

Yep! I like C too :wink2:

B, C, G, and I were ones I thought blended great when I put them on.

But we all had a go with what we had to work with.. It's not easy to create something everyone would love.. on a brown background.. That was hard to get colours to go together. Finding a good pic was a nightmare..

and especially in the 20kb range.. Arrghh!!

Well done everyone. :thumb_yello:

AND THE WINNERS ARE...

*DRUMS*

#1 B: IngievV

who gets a Mika deluxe DVD and a calendar + the honour of polluting Babs' screen for several weeks :naughty:

#2 A: Tauruslady

who gets a tshirt and a poster

#3 C: Mellody

who gets a t-shirt

Congrats girls :yay:

I'll Pm you know to ask for your addie, Santa FD is gonna post your prizes as soon as we get an answer from you. :thumb_yello:

Thank you again to everyone who entered/voted/voted multiple times (grrr) etc ;) It was fun :D