Mika's DVD Mentioned on Afterelton.com

superstar

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing Marie!

Reading a few pages back,I must say that I don't find Mika's songs particularly gay. Actually,not gay at all. :blink: I mean,if you judge of his music being wether gay or not or judging if Mika is gay or not considering his song Billy Brown - that's really dull...there are so many people who are dealing with gay issues and writing gay poetry and songs,without even being gay and without having anything in common wth gay! The opposite stands as well.

Maybe you could've caracterize his shows as that,but now even his shows are not like that anymore :roftl:

So no,his music is not gay.

Excuse me but what is gay music? :blink:

Does that imply all gay people listen to the same kind of stuff?

I guess in return there must be sthg like straight music all heterosexuals listen to, just like all black people are known for listening to jazz and rap and nothing else ?

I so hate these clichés lol.

Excuse me but what is gay music? :blink:

Does that imply all gay people listen to the same kind of stuff?

I guess in return there must be sthg like straight music all heterosexuals listen to, just like all black people are known for listening to jazz and rap and nothing else ?

I so hate these clichés lol.

Yep I second that.

you wouldn't but i sure some would:wink2:

it will destroy him in this stage of his carrier because music industry is all about selling stuff to fangurls who wants to be Mrs Penniman someday:mf_rosetinted:

also i prefer him being mentioned with his talent and as far as i'm concerned being gay is not a talent. once he comes out they won't stop talking about it.

They will stop talking about it. Not telling it will keep people discussing it. But he's clever as he knows he has to rely on many fangirls:thumb_yello:

what i mean by "talking about it" is;

now they call him

"grace kelly singer",

"23 years old singer", (i know he is 25 now)

"5 octaves singer" (i know it's 3.5 but press doesn't)

then he'll just get called as

"gay singer"

that's it!

and as i said before i would like him to be mentioned with his talent,songs,voice etc.:thumb_yello:

A small tidbit on PDP DVD on the website "afterelton.com", a news site about gay men in the media.

It says:

MikaLIVE_468x580.img_assist_custom.jpg

If all that weren't enough music, gay-vague musician Mika releases his new live DVD, Mika Live au Parc des Princes. He never quite caught on in the U.S. after the success of his debut single "Grace Kelly," but heaven knows gay music fans are the most steadfast in the world; whether or not he ever breaks out in this country, there will always be a cadre of devoted queer followers here to snatch up his every new release.

Link:

http://www.afterelton.com/blog/alonsoduralde/new-dvds-mamma-mia-dr-horrible-hamlet-2-mika-woman-boys-briefs-5

Just wanted to share. :wub2:

That's one of my favourite pictures of him!

xx