The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*makes note of that*

The ones Im looking at are all 12-9 years old. I won't go any earlier than a 97 (the one I drove today was a 98) but can't go much beyond 9 because of money issues. I had planned to have had more time to save for a car

Mine's pretty damn good... the only irritating thing I have had a problem with is that sometimes it won't start, but that's okay cause I can usually get it started... and it's probably just mine cause I haven't heard anything about it elsewhere.. And it's reasonably cheap to fill!

If you can, go for the 9 year old...

Ooh! Does this mean you get to go ??!! :biggrin2:

I don't know... It is during TAFE hols (yep, back at TAFE doing more computer nerd stuff), so that's a plus... esp if the others go up at the same time.. :fisch:

You know, it doesn't seem like there's not a huge amount going on here tonight... (I got bored so I ended up looking for Adam pics, and found the most delicious one of him shirtless! :das: :das: It was like me seeing Mika shirtless for the first time!)

Anyways, I best head off to bed... night all!

I saw the smoke from that earlier, I also assumed the same. This is too close for comfort. :boxed:

I more or less panicked when I heard Ivanhoe because I have friends there but when I thought about it later, I thought the same...way too close for comfort!

And I didn't realise how badly sunburnt I got today while looking at cars :shocked:

*blames public transport and having to walk more a fair bit more than normal*

Poor bugger, I hate sunburn:thumbdown:

I hope this doesn't come across as rude or anything, but it seems like a bit of a city thing to say... Actually, I heard on the radio that there are still people in Sydney that are burning stuff in the backyard... and where they are is almost bushland... fools...

You're a rude, rude girl and I'm afraid I can't speak to you anymore :naughty: Of course it's not rude *slaps*

I can't understand people who continue to burn in their backyards!

As for where's your alcoholic slushy......COME AND GET IT :das:

Edit: Hey HK....I'm sure you're here somewhere :naughty::wub2:

Edit 2: How hot was Orlando looking on the telethon?

Edited by Tanya K

I hope you & your family will be safe too .... :wub2:

Okkkkaaay ..... I'm only saying that some people feel a bit too much like the prey of our wildlife ... which they are not.

Apart from redback spiders , I've encountered all of these also & ... tho' I'm not comfy having spiders or snakes walk or slide beside me ... :boxed: ... I don't just go & kill things just 'cos that's what they are ... when I walk in the bush, it's usually in the cooler months & even then I tromp loudly !! And I don't kill spiders that I know are of no harm to me ... I remove them safely. A daddy long legs or a huntsman spider isn't out to get me ... in fact, they are more likely to be our allies when it comes to mozzies which can carry fatal diseases :smth:

Anyway, I was mostly referring to some of our honouraries who are too afraid to come here 'cos our wildlife ! :blink:

It's not just the wild and fearsome Aussies creatures that put us off - it's the animals and insects too! :roftl:

:mf_rosetinted: But mostly the thought of flying - :eek:

Well I've had close encounters with red back spiders in my garage, huntsmen spiders around the house, and white tailed spiders in the bathroom and who knows what species of snakes in the empty lots when on walks and I'm supposed to be living in a 'suburban' area let alone in more rural areas. My arachnophobia was not built in a day, so I think the fear is somewhat justified.

:shocked:

It's never nice to find a spider indoors!

Okkkkaaay ..... I'm only saying that some people feel a bit too much like the prey of our wildlife ... which they are not.

Apart from redback spiders , I've encountered all of these also & ... tho' I'm not comfy having spiders or snakes walk or slide beside me ... :boxed: ... I don't just go & kill things just 'cos that's what they are ... when I walk in the bush, it's usually in the cooler months & even then I tromp loudly !! And I don't kill spiders that I know are of no harm to me ... I remove them safely. A daddy long legs or a huntsman spider isn't out to get me ... in fact, they are more likely to be our allies when it comes to mozzies which can carry fatal diseases :smth:

Anyway, I was mostly referring to some of our honouraries who are too afraid to come here 'cos our wildlife ! :blink:

I would love to go to Australia and I'm only kidding about fear for bugs and snakes.:naughty:

We have spiders and snakes in Sweden too, but only one kind that is poisonous!:thumb_yello:

Just popping in to say Hi - and I am glad you are all ok.

Have not been on since last Friday - but thought about you

all when the reports were coming in about the terrible fires,

and the rising death toll. Have just read back 30 pages and I

can feel the sadness and pain in many of the reports. :huglove:

Mine's pretty damn good... the only irritating thing I have had a problem with is that sometimes it won't start, but that's okay cause I can usually get it started... and it's probably just mine cause I haven't heard anything about it elsewhere.. And it's reasonably cheap to fill!

If you can, go for the 9 year old...

!

Its all a matter of price. I'm not spending above $5000. If I can find a 9 year old within the price range then I may get it

And cheap to fill is good

I think I understand the reason why they want you to only donate to the red cross... it's so when people donate money to help the bushfires the money actually goes to the right group, and not into some scammers pockets...

Except all we are aloud to donate is money!

Some of us dont have money!

So people were going about rounding up things that people need like furnature clothes etc and send them, but we are being stopped from doing this too! I cant put any money into a bucket because I litterally have about $5 to last till next wednesday!

G'night Teegs ! Enjoy Adam ...

Oh don't worry, I will! :das:

The poor man won't know what hit him if I ever get to meet him...

You're a rude, rude girl and I'm afraid I can't speak to you anymore... Of course it's not rude *slaps*

I can't understand people who continue to burn in their backyards!

As for where's your alcoholic slushy......COME AND GET IT

Geez, thanks! *hmph*

:naughty:

It's just stupid...

Righto then! *goes to get slushy*

did we discuss the most amazing thing I have ever seen before that brought me to teary eyes?

I'll find a clip, I saw it on the news. Australians = :wub2:

god bless him

Oh yes... isn't it just the cutest???

They found out later that Sam the koala is actually a girl...

And there were pictures of that firie going to see how Sam was going, and she sniffed him nad they touched noses... it was adorable...

Just popping in to say Hi - and I am glad you are all ok.

Have not been on since last Friday - but thought about you

all when the reports were coming in about the terrible fires,

and the rising death toll. Have just read back 30 pages and I

can feel the sadness and pain in many of the reports.

Thank you Wendy... I don't know if the death toll has risen anymore since yesterday, but it was at 181 last I heard...

Its all a matter of price. I'm not spending above $5000. If I can find a 9 year old within the price range then I may get it

And cheap to fill is good

$I don't know if you will get a 9 year old at $5000... they shouldn't be any higher than that, but I think the dealers tend to up teh price... your dad might be able to haggle it down... the dealers don't tend to talk to women...

Except all we are aloud to donate is money!

Some of us dont have money!

So people were going about rounding up things that people need like furnature clothes etc and send them, but we are being stopped from doing this too! I cant put any money into a bucket because I litterally have about $5 to last till next wednesday!

They're encouraging us to just donate money too, because it's so expensive to get it to Victoria... that and they don't really have much space to store anything...

A freight company has decided to take stuff down there, and the truck drivers have decided to drive for free...

Right... I'm off to Brother Becsters v.1s birthday dinner (his now 19). He wants Maccas *grimaces*

And at some point we're going to Coles since I need shampoo and conditioner and all that, and I figured it was all stuff that could wait till friday at coles

Back

Brother Becster managed to eat a Large Pounder meal *grimaces* so much meat.

And now I sit dying my hair (the usual dark brown... except the brand I use has changed its packaging, and is all now with "colour blend technology" so I felt so confused with the packet. I was comfortable with my shade before, without the new look pack and without the colour blend technology. I miss comfortable)