The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When my brother was in yr 8, a boy he had become friends with was electrocuted, during the Christmas school holidays. I remember seeing the news about it and even though they hadn't mentioned the boy's name, we knew who it was cause Zoe's friend's father was a police officer and he knew... I don't know the full story, but I heard from someone that he'd gotten into an argument with his parents and went off and touched the fence, and someone else said he'd tripped and fallen on the fence... I don't know what's true, but I'm sure he knew it was electric, so he wouldn't have touched it without knowing it was live...

Nathan doesn't seem to have too much luck with kids dying in his class... the quad bike accident was a kid in Nathan's class (in yr 3)...

But like - he died just from touching it?? :shocked:

Sheesh, what was an 8 year old doing with a quad bike?

Congratulations and good luck Oakie Doke!

Hello everyone else!

:biggrin2: Hi SD! *shoves luck into jar with the rest*

I would try and grab photos, the laptop, DVDs/CDs, certificates, teh dog and anything I got from my grandparents and uncle... the xbox (as much as I love it), I can replace... the dolls are slightly less replaceable, but still, I have too many to try to pack... oh, and probably any autographed stuff...

Hmm, if I had a minute to spare, I guess I could swipe my entire music shelf into a bag, and my other autographs folder is on the shelf below. But in an extreme emergency I'd rather get the **** out of there than have autographs.

*doesn't jinx it by asking what you will do if you don't get it*

I'm sure someone on here should be able to hook you up

Yes, don't :sneaky2:

:das:

I haven't packed that much stuff. I've put aside in a pile photos, a folder of important documents, a folder of stuff from my school days (like awards, things that I had published etc) and a bunch of diaries, writing notebooks, cards, letters, etc. If I had to I'd shove all those in a backpack with my laptop, phone, MP3 player, chargers and DVDs. If I had time I'd also grab my gym bag and shove some clothes in it. But it's unlikely I'd have to anyway, it's just that I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Hmm, yes, birth certificate, passport, if there was more time to prepare they would save a lot of hassle in the long run. But they're rplaceable :smth: I'm pretty sure there are stories of people who went running back into their houses whent he fires were coming to get passports and stuff. SO not worth it, completely replaceable.

MP3 player is a good idea, and keeping it all in a backpack. Although I'd have to lug the bird and dog around anyway :naughty:

I was thinking about what's on my computer and what isn't. All my photos are on my computer, but none of my videos are. Hm. And all my videos and stuff are spread throughout different DVD towers and cases. I should sit down and sort everything and put the most important ones all in one thing together, that would be a really good idea.

Hmm I'm thinking of going to see Coldplay when they come here, there's still crappy seat tickets available and some General Admission ones on ebay for only 20 more than the original price (which makes them a slightly pricey 160)....

Anyone want to go

(I would really love to go see Kings Of Leon as well, but they cost even more for tickets on ebay and are completely sold out)

Eurghhhhh. I wanted to go, but it's soooooooooo expensive for ONE show. More than an entire festival, eurgh. And i have no money :sneaky2:

OH OH OH! My mum said that she saw that today they passed the $950 thingy!

*puts credit card away before she buys stuff she doesn't need*

Well, I just subscribed to U2.com... and I will have a t shirt and CD sent off to me soon...

Rightio, now I'm going ot bed... night all!

Did you pay for them? Or did you pay for the subscription?

Night! I'm off to read and then also sleep :blink:

OkD Yay for getting a second interview.

Twatty! :huglove: I hope you are ok. I do think your parents are half right in not worrying too much because suburbia is alot less likely to be wiped out compared to a bush area. Good to see you are prepared though. If worse comes to worse you should come stay with me (ft. never going home) :wink2:

Teegs. Love the siggy. And just wondering how much it is to join u2.com?? though I guess I should just go look. :fisch:

Glad to hear everyone is ok. I can smell the smoke in the air today for the first time since the fires started. :boxed:

Eurghhhhh. I wanted to go, but it's soooooooooo expensive for ONE show. More than an entire festival, eurgh. And i have no money :sneaky2:

OH OH OH! My mum said that she saw that today they passed the $950 thingy!

Hey OkD you could spend the 950 on flying to Melbourne and seeing coldplay :das:

(lets pretend that the payments will come in by then, even though centrelink was predicting between the 11th and the 25th of March before the delay, and Colplay is between the 3rd and 5th)

Hey OkD you could spend the 950 on flying to Melbourne and seeing coldplay :das:

(lets pretend that the payments will come in by then, even though centrelink was predicting between the 11th and the 25th of March before the delay, and Colplay is between the 3rd and 5th)

Hhhmmm ... I'm still unclear exactly who the $950 is for ?? :blink:

I mean ... I am a low income person ... does anyone know ??

Kelz & others ... it's so awful to see & smell the smoke , isn't it ? :boxed:

Night OKD ... :shocked::naughty:

Kelz & others ... it's so awful to see & smell the smoke , isn't it ? :boxed:

Night OKD ... :shocked::naughty:

Everyone's unclear... but I know students get it, and I think its supposed to be if you earn under a certain amount. Its very confusing

Everyone's unclear... but I know students get it, and I think its supposed to be if you earn under a certain amount. Its very confusing

Hhmm ... ok , thanks Bex ... & yeah, I think the government have a fair bit on their hands atm ... :boxed: .... hopefully it is for the ppl who need it most i.e ...students, low incomes etc. ... :thumb_yello:

Hahahaha, or I could spend $120 and see Coldplay in Perth with some of my friends who have already bought tickets :naughty:

I don't know. But my mum said people earning 100k and under. BUT not the unemployed?? :blink: I don't get it at all. People earnign tht much do NOT need extra money, and unemployed people DO. But she said students get it, so ... yay! :naughty:

Twatty! :huglove: I hope you are ok. I do think your parents are half right in not worrying too much because suburbia is alot less likely to be wiped out compared to a bush area. Good to see you are prepared though. If worse comes to worse you should come stay with me (ft. never going home) :wink2:

I wouldn't strictly class where I live as suburbia - the area itself is suburban but the area is surrounded by undeveloped land (i.e. just grass and trees) and a few streets away from my house is a footy oval and parks also full of trees. If a fire were to start in the small hills that encircle the area or on the other side where the parks are there are basically only two main roads to exit the area. If a fire were to hedge in the whole area or if people leaving were to bottleneck the roads things could end pretty badly, so they're the kind of situations that you just hope will never happen. And the odds are that they won't ever happen - unless people start things themselves of course. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know. But my mum said people earning 100k and under. BUT not the unemployed?? :blink: I don't get it at all. People earnign tht much do NOT need extra money, and unemployed people DO. But she said students get it, so ... yay! :naughty:

Students who are receiving Youth Allowance will receive it - the rest, including myself, will not.

The reason why they're giving the money to people who are employed is because they're more likely to spend the money which is the point of the stimulus package: feeding the money into the economy to stimulate it.

I wouldn't strictly class where I live as suburbia - the area itself is suburban but the area is surrounded by undeveloped land (i.e. just grass and trees) and a few streets away from my house is a footy oval and parks also full of trees. If a fire were to start in the small hills that encircle the area or on the other side where the parks are there are basically only two main roads to exit the area. If a fire were to hedge in the whole area or if people leaving were to bottleneck the roads things could end pretty badly, so they're the kind of situations that you just hope will never happen. And the odds are that they won't ever happen - unless people start things themselves of course. :mf_rosetinted:

Hhmm ... not good :thumbdown: ... well, I hope it never get's to that point Twatty !:wub2:

Where I live , there is only one way out ... :boxed:

Students who are receiving Youth Allowance will receive it - the rest, including myself, will not.

The reason why they're giving the money to people who are employed is because they're more likely to spend the money which is the point of the stimulus package: feeding the money into the economy to stimulate it.

Yeah ... I thought it was smth. like that ... for example, I spent my entire pre-xmas payment on bills ... :thumbdown:

The smoke is getting bad. The sky is a mean shade of grey and it was dark all day and now it's seeping into the house. :boxed:

Hope that's as bad as it gets, ST

And there is only one other applicant. They are also getting a second interview. *goes to find out who it is and incapacitate them*

:yay: Second interview - good luck

OkD Yay for getting a second interview.

Teegs. Love the siggy. And just wondering how much it is to join u2.com?? though I guess I should just go look. :fisch:

Glad to hear everyone is ok. I can smell the smoke in the air today for the first time since the fires started. :boxed:

Hi Kelz :bye:

Hhmm ... not good :thumbdown: ... well, I hope it never get's to that point Twatty !:wub2:

Where I live , there is only one way out ... :boxed:

Yeah ... I thought it was smth. like that ... for example, I spent my entire pre-xmas payment on bills ... :thumbdown:

HK - not sleeping again then :naughty:

Keeping my fingers crossed because I know the hot weather is returning this weekend - my sympathies because I hate the heat and will try just about anything to get cool.

I know how that little koala in the bowl felt :naughty:

This is a segue ....

I just received an email .... this is due to happen at 7:30am ... in 5 mins. our time !! :shocked:

http://www.judecurrivan.com/media-articles/articles/the-aquarian-alignment-14th-february-2009/

The dawning of the age of Aquarius !!

:kachinga::wub2::huglove:

Happi, that is one amazing chart. :shocked::biggrin2:

And if I am awake at 7:25am GMT, I will celebrate too.

Twatty - hope the smell of smoke etc has gone now!!

OKD - well done with getting 2nd interview. :thumb_yello:

Happi - I will run outside if I am up at 7.25am - am seeing b/f

tomorrow - so sounds like a good day for a romantic meal!! :wub2:

Hi Kelz :bye

Heya Silvzy!!

How's Dances been? :ninja:

Keeping my fingers crossed because I know the hot weather is returning this weekend - my sympathies because I hate the heat and will try just about anything to get cool.

I know how that little koala in the bowl felt :naughty:

I've been giving my cats a wipe down with a cold facewasher on our hot days. And I've found that keeping my feet in cold water works best for me. Ohhhh, and I've got to stock up on Zooper Doopers again today. You just reminded me - Thanks!

But if its 120 then their bound to be crappy seats :naughty

*gives up on convincing you*

Tanya, Kelz? :das

Hmmm. Maybe. Ok.

Happi - I will run outside if I am up at 7.25am - am seeing b/f

tomorrow - so sounds like a good day for a romantic meal!! :wub2

Hi Mother!! :sneaky2::huglove:

That page is interesting.. The moon in Libra :das: I guess I won't be single for much longer then :naughty: