The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

Bex, that is very confusing ... I guess you can ask someone to clarify ??!

I hope it clarifies soon... if not will email the lecturer

And on other news... there are about 20 baby huntsmans on the roof of my room. (I can spot 16 on last count, and there's bound to be more. I need to find the egg sac to stop there being any more though) which I am not allowed to kill according to my brother, and which are too small to move (they're about a cm, if that, in width from leg to leg)

Easy for him to say, but two are right above my bed, and at some age they'll start dropping on things that move. Of course, I'm planning on having gotten permission to move them by then

But lets just say that I am not happy to have my room turned into a fricken huntsman nursery against my permission

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it clarifies soon... if not will email the lecturer

And on other news... there are about 20 baby huntsmans on the roof of my room. (I can spot 16 on last count, and there's bound to be more. I need to find the egg sac to stop there being any more though) which I am not allowed to kill according to my brother, and which are too small to move (they're about a cm, if that, in width from leg to leg)

Easy for him to say, but two are right above my bed, and at some age they'll start dropping on things that move. Of course, I'm planning on having gotten permission to move them by then

But lets just say that I am not happy to have my room turned into a fricken huntsman nursery against my permission

:roftl: Haha !! I get the cobweb broom & drag the baby nests onto it & then bang them off it outside ... in other words, I too don't want them above my bed :no: ... so this is a happy compromise ... :wink2::naughty:

Problem is their not in a nest or anything... the only way to move them would be the old cup and paper trick but they're still too small for that, and a lot of them are on the line between roof and wall.

And I just found another one *isn't even too sure she wants to know how many there are*

Problem is their not in a nest or anything... the only way to move them would be the old cup and paper trick but they're still too small for that, and a lot of them are on the line between roof and wall.

And I just found another one *isn't even too sure she wants to know how many there are*

Well, can't you still use a broom tho' ?? :smth:

Cobweb brooms are large & spikey/spirally ... they capture everything without them having a chance to crawl down onto you ... :wink2::thumb_yello:

Cobweb brooms are large & spikey/spirally ... they capture everything without them having a chance to crawl down onto you ... :wink2::thumb_yello:

I might be able to if I could find our cobwebs broom. I could also probably vacuum them and then dump the contents of the vacuum outside, since they can survive that as well

Zoe and I went to U23D and got startled by Adam coming up reaaaaally close... and Zoe videoed me ice skating...

and Zoe's vlog...

Cool!! I'll go watch them.

I am quite bored. I'm working on a music assignment at the moment which is rather boring but I really want to get it done. I've been putting it off for around 3 weeks. :naughty

Have you done it yet?

Oh! The other day I was watching an old episode of Sex and the City and it was an episode where Carrie's friends made her go see a shrink because she was constantly talking about Big. And when she reluctantly went to see a pretty famous one, she was delighted to find out that an rather attractive man had the appointment before her. And he was played by Jon Bon Jovi! Have you seen that episode?

hahahahahah!! And they play twister. :naughty: I love it. Though, watching him act is somewhat weird for me.

Okies, I'm gonna disappear with Bono et al for a while...

Lol! Don't forget, he's half my husband too. No bruises.

I keep thinking of Dakota as a child as well, though she's not. But Jane is a small adult

Dakota's 15 now. It was her birthday yesterday.

She certainly doens't look like a child anymore.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/Entertainment/original700/dakota-fanning-2009-2-2-23-3-52.jpg

And hey everyone, got my uni timetable (and boy and I confused by it)

Firstly.... they've moved the edf lecture that was on monday to friday (I now have mondays off) and then, the tute isn't even on there. I am so very very very very confused...

And the lectures don't start straight away but the workshops, which are 3 hours long but only go for a few weeks, and would normally be after placement are at the start of the semester. As I said, so very confused.

but at the same time, it is early literacy and numeracy, and for one of the literacy classes we're required to teach... literally they throw us in a classroom, so I'm worried that thats what the workshops are.

As I said... so very confused

:blink: very confusing.

:lmfao Great story !!

Welcome back Kelz ... :huglove It's been so quiet in here lately !!

Hello All ! :bye

Hello! Thanks!! How you been?

I've noticed MFC's been quiet for us sane ones. :naughty:

NEW BLOG !! SOPHIES TURN part 8 !!! :woot_jump:

oh.. Wow. :blink: I don't know how Nono and I will mock that for our project..

AND, Is Silver ok?? Where is she???

hahahahahah!! And they play twister. :naughty: I love it. Though, watching him act is somewhat weird for me.

Dakota's 15 now. It was her birthday yesterday.

She certainly doens't look like a child anymore.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/Entertainment/original700/dakota-fanning-2009-2-2-23-3-52.jpg

Haha, yes! Have you seen 'Pay It Forward'? I think he's in that as well.. Damn, now I really feel like watching 'Pay It Forward'! :naughty:

:shocked: Wow! She does look different!

Haha, yes! Have you seen 'Pay It Forward'? I think he's in that as well.. Damn, now I really feel like watching 'Pay It Forward'! :naughty:

Pay it Forward is one of my fave movies *pbs*

And wow :shocked: *misses little kid Dakota*

Okay, so I'm not really one to post pictures of Mika here. But these are kind of begging to be slaughtered by an Aussie photoshopping wizard. :fisch:

mikaoscars09wtf.jpg

mikaoscars09pee.jpg

*Kylie ordering smilie*

Lol! *MLT* Where's DC when we want him. :fisch:

You need to inform someone of your vishun.

Yes!! He is. He's the horrible alcoholic father in that. :naughty: I do love watching him, it just takes a bit to get past the rockstar thing. You should just find it on youtube.

And yes she does..

I might be able to if I could find our cobwebs broom. I could also probably vacuum them and then dump the contents of the vacuum outside, since they can survive that as well

:naughty: Yeah ! I do that too sometimes ... *pbs*

Hi Kelz ... not bad thanks !

I'm sure I saw a Jon BonJela movie years ago ... he was actually quite a good actor in it ... I think it was called 'The Extra' ... :smth: :naughty:

Oh & Silv is fine ... she had an eye-op the other day & is just needing to lay low re: reading comp. screens for a few days ... hasn't fully kept her away tho' ... :wink2:

Kelzy, you don't look like Kelzy anymore. It hurts my brain. Please fix it.

*wants a third season*

But even if they did do a third, they wouldn't be able to do much beyond that, due to the whole "Reaper's aren't supposed to age" thing.

Hmm, yeah, but they are all old enough to make it not too noticeable. It's been 5 years between now and season one and George looks pretty much identical :smth:

Who is this new band in your signatures? I had just been becoming able to remember all of the Kooks names!

The Holloways :tears:

Oh Kelz...My life is now complete knowing that your nose hole width is shorter than the short bended end of a nose ring.

Me too :cheerful_h4h:

When did what happen? The boyfriend bit or him staying over?

His name is Franz, and he's a German exchange student, so he goes home at the end of June. We started dating during the Christmas holidays after some nudges in the right direction from some friends

You know, I was reading back in the Rpattz thread and you said there was a german exchange student that looked like Rob. Was this Franz??

Why isn't she supposed to be using a computer?

Ummmm, I guess because she didn't say here maybe I shouldn't say... But I sent her a text yesterday and she hasn't replied at all, now I'm slightly worried :boxed:

When and why?

They announced it in a blog yesterday. Because of Nambucca burning down and because of their record label going broke. The thing is, me and Petra COMPLETELY predicted it. It's quite scary. The other day we were talking about it. Beans on Toast wrote a song about Nambucca burning down and about a band splitting up over it, and we were like "omfg, that had better not be the Holloways, even though with them losing all their instruments and demos in the fire it seems most likely", and then we were looking at Rob Skipper and the Musical Differences' myspace page (Rob's side project from the Holloways), and Dave (Holloways Drummer) joined his band, even though the whole point of the band was that it sounded nothing like the Holloways. AND it looked like they were starting to be called just "The Musical Differences".

And that is exactly what it says in the blog, that they were devastated after Nambucca, and the trouble with the label, and so Rob and Dave left. But they are still releasing the album they recorded last year. I don't know how that works :blink:

mikaoscars09wtf.jpg

Hahahahahahahahaah!

The Holloways :tears:

:blink: I sense something with those tears. Did The Kooks break up or something?

Oh! I finally have a video of me performing. It's my friend and I playing at the last school assembly (she's singing, I'm playing piano). If you REALLY want to see it I can email it to you because she doesn't want me to put it on youtube (I don't see why not.. she sounds very good in it). Just PM me your email address. :thumb_yello:

(Don't expect too much from me. It was a pretty ordinary song, piano-wise. But it's very pretty)

Every hair on my body is standing after this reading!:shocked::shocked::shocked:

I really do not like spiders...at all!:boxed:

Scary, scary, scary!!!

How big is a huntsman?

Never mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider

You are a very, very brave girl!!!

Okay, so I'm not really one to post pictures of Mika here. But these are kind of begging to be slaughtered by an Aussie photoshopping wizard. :fisch:

Have you seen Dileks avatar?:naughty:

Hi Kelz ... not bad thanks !

I'm sure I saw a Jon BonJela movie years ago ... he was actually quite a good actor in it ... I think it was called 'The Extra' ... :smth: :naughty

Oh & Silv is fine ... she had an eye-op the other day & is just needing to lay low re: reading comp. screens for a few days ... hasn't fully kept her away tho' ... :wink2

Hahaha. I'm going to guess it was "The Leading Man"??? :naughty:

Thanks! I needed an update. :wink2: And I thought she'd have snuck on by now. Naughty obsessed woman. Rest those peepers!

Kelzy, you don't look like Kelzy anymore. It hurts my brain. Please fix it.

*zhhhhz*

Well, Sor-reee! All better now?

Oh! I finally have a video of me performing. It's my friend and I playing at the last school assembly (she's singing, I'm playing piano). If you REALLY want to see it I can email it to you because she doesn't want me to put it on youtube (I don't see why not.. she sounds very good in it). Just PM me your email address. :thumb_yello

(Don't expect too much from me. It was a pretty ordinary song, piano-wise. But it's very pretty)

Oh! Fantastic!! I'll PM you.

Every hair on my body is standing after this reading!:shockedshockedshocked:

Scary, scary, scary!!!

Hahaha! Hello! Our poor spiders are hated.

You're qualified too. :das

I don't know what you want me to do though. *suss*

I don't know what you want me to do though. *suss*

Oh. I was going to leave that to you more creative types. :bleh: Ummm, I envishun lola-style jumping smilies, cutting that first head and pasting it onto something appropriate for the expression, and somewhere thrown in lame jokes about 'do you know where the bathroom is? I can't find it' a la PDP. :naughty:

:blink: I sense something with those tears. Did The Kooks break up or something?

No, the Holloways broke up :crybaby:

Oh! I finally have a video of me performing. It's my friend and I playing at the last school assembly (she's singing, I'm playing piano). If you REALLY want to see it I can email it to you because she doesn't want me to put it on youtube (I don't see why not.. she sounds very good in it). Just PM me your email address. :thumb_yello:

OI! Of course! :das: :das:

*zhhhhz*

Well, Sor-reee! All better now?

Yes :bow::cheerful_h4h:

Oh & Silv is fine ... she had an eye-op the other day & is just needing to lay low re: reading comp. screens for a few days ... hasn't fully kept her away tho' ... :wink2:

As if :wink2:

Rolled up newspaper always works for me. Though can get a bit messy :naughty:

Every hair on my body is standing after this reading!:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Scary, scary, scary!!!

How big is a huntsman?

Never mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider

You are a very, very brave girl!!!

I don't normally like them either... though the baby ones are kind of cute... when they don't move that is.

And they're only about a cm big... besides huntsmen are good spiders (and most of them will be dead in a few weeks anyways, the daddy long legs in my room preyed on a few, and the others will kill each other off for food. Survival of the fittest and all that