The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

Actually that reminds me of Nanny Ogg (Terry Pratchett) describing a drink as a banananana dakry (with the author's comment "Nanny Ogg knew how to start spelling "banana", but didn't know how you stopped").:wink2:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and what does bogan means?:wink2:

OG Sienna ... :blink: ... that could be a hard one to explain to someone who is not an Aussie ... :aah: *waits for another Aussie to give the 'ultimate bogan explanation' .... *

I think I prefer OKD's version :lmfao :

:sneaky2: But you missed "through" for threw.

I defo. prefer her version !! :thumb_yello:

And I'm rarely that pedantic ... only with the really big words ... :naughty:

Hi SD :bye:

Apparently it's Chickadee's birthday today :blink : so I'm off to post on her birthday thread.

OOOhh ... me too !!

Edited by happikali

CD/Silver - this is my friend who introduced me to Terry Pratchett, and we barely ever talk unless she has something to say about him or Robin Hood :naughty:

Danielle says:

TERRY PRATCHETT IS SO AWESOME

Danielle says:

We jsut talked to him on Skype!

Bianca says:

whaaaat?

Danielle says:

I'm in Melbourne at a Discworld convention

Danielle says:

And we all just talked to him over Skype

Edited by Oakie Doke

Kelzyyyyy, wtf version of love today have you got on your phone? It's totally different to my version of love today. I spent ages lining up the doom-da da-di da-di's at the beginning and then .. it's like different lyrics and everything. I'm so confused. Is there a radio edit of Love Today or something??

I don't like snakes, but that's good to know. :thumb_yello:

Lily was on 20-01 last night. It was the moment when she got trashed and told Elton John "F - You". I lol'd. But apparently they are friendly still. *awws*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNuQBC_kSWg

Juglove!

Awww. :roftl: Maybe it's different for us since she doesn't embarass our country. :naughty:

You mean she's like a more talented version of Pamela anderson for canada as Lily is for brits?

Actually that reminds me of Nanny Ogg (Terry Pratchett) describing a drink as a banananana dakry (with the author's comment "Nanny Ogg knew how to start spelling "banana", but didn't know how you stopped").:wink2:

Needed a small dose of Terry. Thankyou!

Hi SD :bye:

Apparently it's Chickadee's birthday today :blink: so I'm off to post on her birthday thread.

Yep it was. Had a quiet day, went out for dinner. Twas good. Foolishly told my family they could help me eat the choccies my Mum sent me... There are only 10 in the box and 3yr old has had 3 of them!

CD/Silver - this is my friend who introduced me to Terry Pratchett, and we barely ever talk unless she has something to say about him or Robin Hood :naughty:

Danielle says:

TERRY PRATCHETT IS SO AWESOME

Danielle says:

We jsut talked to him on Skype!

Bianca says:

whaaaat?

Danielle says:

I'm in Melbourne at a Discworld convention

Danielle says:

And we all just talked to him over Skype

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! I KNEW that convention was on! I KNEW it! And I forgot about it!:doh: Not that we could have afforded for me to go, but still.... What a lucky girl she is. I hope she has an absolute blast down there.

Fair enough Teegs ... we always keep the grass cut around the house so that we can SEE what might be there ... & it disturbs me that Mondo finds snakes & goannas curious ...

The problem with the clubhouse, is that it's surrounded by council land, and they're fricking slack when it comes to doing anything east of the railway line... though they're quite good at taking credit for doing something they didn't do (bit like Dept of Housing really :naughty:)

Luckily for us, I don't think Pugsley is too curious about snakes... I don't think he's ever come across a snake TBH...

Well, there is that :naughty:

Over here she seems to have taken over from Amy Winehouse as the papers' favourite drunken loudmouth.

I think she was the one who shunned Mika - up until then he seemed to think she was a good singer.

Awwwww... poor Meeks, getting shunned... :fisch:

I think Amy Winehouse is keeping herself out of the papers quite well...

There is a hamper of mysterious good on my kitchen counter. When I came home my dad questioned me about it, but it wasn't there when I left, and it was there when he woke up. He has spent the day philophosising about who and where it came from. He's rested on that he won it, but didn't enter for it, and someone came and delivered it to our kitchen counter. I dug threw it and categorised the items. Some new and random, some quite out of date and some open and half eaten. WTF. I just don't know. Someone came into our house and left us a hamper of random goods.

The pistachios taste nice though. I hope they're not poisoned.

That's just plain weird... :blink:

Oh and what does bogan means?

Erm.... Melz?

Yep it was. Had a quiet day, went out for dinner. Twas good. Foolishly told my family they could help me eat the choccies my Mum sent me... There are only 10 in the box and 3yr old has had 3 of them!

Happy birthday!

Well I won't then

Good then.

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! I KNEW that convention was on! I KNEW it! And I forgot about it!:doh: Not that we could have afforded for me to go, but still.... What a lucky girl she is. I hope she has an absolute blast down there.

:naughty: She asked him a question about Doctor Who :biggrin2:

Okay, so I haven't got it sorted.

Well, I think I've figured out what was wrong though. Kelzy, your phone is weird. I think it somehow slowed down by a fraction of a second every second it was playing. So it starts out in time with the normal song and then ends 5 seconds off. Which is HIGHLY frustrating, but I can work around it. Well, I can re-align every second second of the clip :naughty:

Okay, so I haven't got it sorted.

Well, I think I've figured out what was wrong though. Kelzy, your phone is weird. I think it somehow slowed down by a fraction of a second every second it was playing. So it starts out in time with the normal song and then ends 5 seconds off. Which is HIGHLY frustrating, but I can work around it. Well, I can re-align every second second of the clip :naughty:

Maybe try the demo version *smth*