The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name=nico_collard;2156916

Though when I typed in thongs first up' date=' I got the other kind of thongs... I had to add shoes to it to get the right one...

I think i forget that certain words mean different things here to everywhere else...[/quote]

Yeah, it's easy to do...'pants' is something that I have to remember when I go to England, because for them it means under and not overclothes :naughty:

Hello all!

Just letting you know that I'm banning myself from the internet until I've finished this music assignment. Bye!

How good of you :shocked:

If we wore our thongs as knickers, they'd be even skimpier than your thongs.

And extremely uncomfortable...

Oh, another sane one. TG!

Excuse me?

*What* did you just call me?

New post in the photoshoot and events section on AMF..It's in the Get Togetherrrghhhh thread.

Hope you're all well.

*considers venturing in*

Not her arse, the soft bit of skin that rubs up against her arse

Same difference. :naughty:

LilyTatt.jpg

OMG. *FG*

I think Ambrose just didn't want to be seen in pink

Um, it's raspberry, actually. *hmph*

Well, I'm gonna head off and finish watching this tv show... its about a man in China who has this massive tumour and they're just cut off 5kg...

Good Lord. :shocked:

There is a hamper of mysterious good on my kitchen counter. When I came home my dad questioned me about it, but it wasn't there when I left, and it was there when he woke up. He has spent the day philophosising about who and where it came from. He's rested on that he won it, but didn't enter for it, and someone came and delivered it to our kitchen counter. I dug threw it and categorised the items. Some new and random, some quite out of date and some open and half eaten. WTF. I just don't know. Someone came into our house and left us a hamper of random goods.

The pistachios taste nice though. I hope they're not poisoned.

Was there cimmanon in it? Did you feed any to your aminals? :naughty:

Actually that reminds me of Nanny Ogg (Terry Pratchett) describing a drink as a banananana dakry (with the author's comment "Nanny Ogg knew how to start spelling "banana", but didn't know how you stopped").:wink2:

Hahahah. Gotta love him.

CD/Silver - this is my friend who introduced me to Terry Pratchett, and we barely ever talk unless she has something to say about him or Robin Hood

Danielle says:

TERRY PRATCHETT IS SO AWESOME

Danielle says:

We jsut talked to him on Skype!

Bianca says:

whaaaat?

Danielle says:

I'm in Melbourne at a Discworld convention

Danielle says:

And we all just talked to him over Skype

ARE YOU SERIOUS! JEALOUS!

I just got the Killers' new album...it took me a couple of listens to like it but now I love it! Sooo good!

I HEART DR. WHO TWENNY HUNDRED MILLION, SO THERE !!! *hmph*

:lmfao:

Doctor Who these days just goes too fast for me - no buildup of suspense, just rushing from one crisis to another. I think it has to go fast so you don't notice all the holes in the plots.

:lmfao:

Oh, yeah.. It could be slightly shorter. I edit songs to be smaller sized files for my phone so I can get more on there. So it probably is a bit different *zhhz* And Soooo.. I uploaded my phone's version of LT for you.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=187EEXKB

That might make a difference. *shrug*

Omg, are you serious. I already cut all the clips up and moved them around now :naughty: When you say you made it shorter do you mean you cut bits out or changed the speed? Because some bits I can get to fit but there is one long clip that even if I line up the love-love-me bits, the other words are totally out.

So, I hope you're all well. I'm watching abc and was just wondering, what did the Aborigines call 'Australia' before white man invaded. Google tells me nothing. I text Adam to ask him, and he replied "Home." He's gonna find out for me though. But, does anyone here know?

Interesting ... :naughty:

Um, it's raspberry, actually. *hmph*

Yeee-aaaah!

Was there cimmanon in it? Did you feed any to your aminals?

Um .. I don't know - whyyyyy?

So, I hope you're all well. I'm watching abc and was just wondering, what did the Aborigines call 'Australia' before white man invaded. Google tells me nothing. I text Adam to ask him, and he replied "Home." :naughty: He's gonna find out for me though. But, does anyone here know?

Isn't Adam a clever thing :naughty:...

Oooooh, I don't know... would be interesting to find out...

Yeah, it's easy to do...'pants' is something that I have to remember when I go to England, because for them it means under and not overclothes :naughty:

Ummmm... *thinks*

Pants to me are overclothes... undies are.. well... underclothes... I never thought of that...

Kelzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaarrgggggggggghhhhhhh :biggrin2:

I been missin' you.

Mzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! It's been ages!! Miss you too

Omg, are you serious. I already cut all the clips up and moved them around now :naughty: When you say you made it shorter do you mean you cut bits out or changed the speed? Because some bits I can get to fit but there is one long clip that even if I line up the love-love-me bits, the other words are totally out.

Sucks to be you. :naughty:

Hope you got the rest of the stuff now.

Isn't Adam a clever thing naughty:...

Oooooh, I don't know... would be interesting to find out...

He's a cheeky bugger.

He still hasn't found out. I think that's because no one knows. How sad is that? :sad:

Oh, and in other news. I bought the new U2 CD today with the lift out poster and CD booklet. :punk:

HURRRRROOOOOO !!! :bye

Off for dinner now ... back later ... :bye

Heya!!

'Tis MelzySpammer time

I could email this to you all, but I thought here would be funny.

These questions about Australia are from potential visitors.

They were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a sense of humour. Written beside each question is the country the moron who asked the question comes from. *zhhz*

Q. Does it ever get windy in Australia? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? (UK).

A. We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

Q. Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? (USA)

A. Depends how much you've been drinking.

Q. I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks (Sweden)?

A. Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q. Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Hervey Bay? (UK)

A. What did your last slave die of?

Q. Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)

A. A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not ... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.

Q. Which direction is North in Australia? (USA)

A. Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q. Can I bring cutlery into Australia? (UK)

A. Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q. Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)

A. Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is ... oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q. Can I wear high heels in Australia? (UK)

A. You are a British politician, right?

Q. Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round? (Germany)

A. No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers.

Milk is illegal.

Q. Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)

A. Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

Q. I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. (USA)

A. It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q. I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia? (USA)

A. Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q. Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)

A. Yes, gay night clubs.

Q. Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (France)

A. Only at Christmas.

Q. I was in Australia in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the girl I dated while I was staying in Kings Cross*. Can you help? (USA)

A. Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

Q. Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)

A. Yes, but you'll have to learn it first.

I can't believe they didn't mention vegemite for the drop bears, but :lmfao: anyway

And lastly, before I forget.

Today Mother Melzy and I went to Kmart.

We were in the music DVD section.

MM picks up Dido's DVD and asks "How do you say that?"

And I reply "Die-Doe"

And she says "I kept trying to put an L in it" .

And I reply "Die-Doe"

:lmfao:!

And :lmfao: for the tourist thingy, even though it sounds pretty fake :naughty:

And I reply "Die-Doe"

:lmfao::lmao: Haha !!! Would've liked to have been there ... :naughty:

Loved that Tourism thing too Kelz ... !!! :roftl:

Oh all of the things I've always wanted to ask about Australia, but didn't because I didn't want to look stupid!:blink:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Loved them Kelzy!:naughty:

Oh all of the things I've always wanted to ask about Australia, but didn't because I didn't want to look stupid!:blink:

Hahahahah !!! :roftl: Lucky you added that last bit Sienna .... :naughty:

:naughty: I really hope you never pee on yourself when a koala bear grunts at you. :roftl:

These questions about Australia are from potential visitors.

They were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a sense of humour. Written beside each question is the country the moron who asked the question comes from. *zhhz*

Q. Does it ever get windy in Australia? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? (UK).

A. We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

Q. Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)

A. Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

Q. I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. (USA)

A. It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q. Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)

A. Yes, gay night clubs.

I can't believe they didn't mention vegemite for the drop bears, but :lmfao: anyway

:lmfao::floor:

:sneaky2: Don't even think about it :poke:

'm surprised Kelz hasn't answered you yet

You need to come in when we're here *wink2*

Heheh, The Mikamites should be open 24/7, I'd like to work here those hours -- what are your overtime rates?:naughty:

Good taste. *punk*
Thank you! Started listening to my retro green iPod mini again after I managed to prise it away from my dad and change the language from Chinese to English... *zhhz*

Yes!!! StuckZ!! *hugs* Where's your avvie?? You look like a troll without one. *naughty*

Heheh! Got tired of it, and my posts took up too much space:naughty: I'm going to get one though! I'm not a trollerghhh:mf_rosetinted:

So, I hope you're all well. I'm watching abc and was just wondering, what did the Aborigines call 'Australia' before white man invaded. Google tells me nothing. I text Adam to ask him, and he replied "Home." *naughty* He's gonna find out for me though. But, does anyone here know?
Boomerang?:naughty:

I sound like one of the peeps from your email .. should've asked the Aussie Embassy when I was there!!

Off for dinner now ... back later ... *bye*
See ya! Have a very nce dinner, and eat all your veggies for me please!!

Q. Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)

A. A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not ... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.

Q. Which direction is North in Australia? (USA)

A. Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q. Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)

A. Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is ... oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

A. Yes, gay night clubs.

Q. Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (France)

A. Only at Christmas.

Q. I was in Australia in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the girl I dated while I was staying in Kings Cross*. Can you help? (USA)

A. Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

Zomg!!!

Um... I have a question... where can you find good-looking men in Australia??

:roftl:

And I reply "Die-Doe"

:shocked:

ROFLOFL. I love that...

I'm home from Melbourne.
Oooo! Glad you had fun!

: ( ... that is pretty atrocious..