The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

Barry Humphries is a legend wub2: .. anyways isnt he a women??

Wouldnt call him "hunky" mind you :naughty

Ohh back to the aussie thread!!!

<takes bean bag and makes self at home>

Lol! Barry Humphries isn't very schexy Fred!! But He was in Shock Treatment, the RHPS sequel. Have you seen that? Rik Mayall is in it too.

*passes you a fosters.*

But there's Harold and Lou in "Neighbours" :blink

Maybe he only has eyes for the hunks and doesn't see the rest :wink2

Hahaha! Where are all the good looking old Aussie guys? I think I'll have to do a picspam shortly.

The aussie soaps are legendary!! :shocked

Every day , school was neighbours , then i graduated into home and away :naughty

Young doctors (that was my grans)

Yes Im backkkkkkkkkkkkk , good morning , good evening and good night :thumb_yello

Spring is coming I feel it

Young Doctors. :naughty: What about Flying Doctors, All together now, Hey Dad!, or A Country Practice?? Lol! When I finally drag myself to bed I put on my bedside TV for a bit, and I have been watching realllllly old Aussie soaps like Skyways, Division 4 and Carsons Law :naughty:

But, what I really want is Prisoner reruns. *Has been to Queen Bee's house* :das:

Maybe I was blinded by jason Donovans toned hunky body <not that I looked no way not me>

:roftl: Yes, it's hard to look at what you're doing when your licking the tv screen.

Actually . Steve Irwin is the legend over here , we love him :thumb_yello

Yep. The world over. He was one crazy guy.

Um ... *coughjustmademy13,000postcough*

:woot_jumpkachinga:

Congratulations!!!!!

:lmfao

Well .... hmmm ... it could actually be something .... with you , I mean .... I know this guy very well ... :wink2

Better take it off here for anymore chat ... :wink2wub2:

Whenever ....

Hahahahahaa. *zhhz*

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*does part 2 for MQing StuckZ posts* :naughty:

Zomg! This is the longest MQ I've ever written...I'll be waitin'! *naughty*

You must be high on sugar!

Kk, StuckZ will get stuck in!

Thinking about it though, going to Oz may be a realistic possibility... Next year I'll be picking a university, and my two strong choices are definetely Portugal or the UK -- but Australia, even being very far away, strangely attracts me... :naughty

Awww!!

Really? There are many stereotypes about SA around, but, when it comes down to it, they're just as crazy as Aussies or, um... what's the word? Porkies?:mf_rosetinted

Porkies. LOL! Bonkers!

Hey magnificent girls!

Hello magnificent StuckZ!!

You want guys from here? Um... do you want me to send, um... my brother over? :mf_rosetintd:

Ok, when I visit Oz I'll make sure to go on a tram to Melbourne!! ;P

LOL! Yes!! Send us your men in exchange of ours.

Hmmm. Depends how old your brother is. But we are all different ages so someone could "keep" him.

Yes. Definitely catch a tram. It's an experience. Especially with Twatty and Bec. hahahaha.

I did notice, when I was working at the Aussie embassy! (do you remember this episode?)

I remember you fell in love with the paper shredder.

I was walking from the metro station to the embassy building, and I saw these two cute 20-something year olds, backpacks on their backs. they looked pretty lost, definetely didn't look portuguese, and I had no idea I'd be seeing them abould half an hour later! (think their passports had been stolen).

I totally embarassed myself in front of them, but I'll never be seeing them again probably, so all is well. Their drivers licenses said QLD. *das*

Lol! I remember that too. Hahaha!!

What else can I say? Darren Hayes, the guy from Silverchair, Sam Sparro (but if you look in the wikipedia article on him, he's of portuguese descent as well... so there is hope *naughty*)

So I do have a good impression of Aussie men. Um, even the ambassador was cute!

Lol! There's plenty more where they come from.. *will picspam*

I'm Speshul. *pbs*

Yes you are. :insane:

He's more appropriate for our Kelzy then!!! Is he her type ??

DO I have a type?? :blink: Square jawlines. Great smile. Slightly taller. Dark and mysterious.. According to a psychic, years ago, I always go for wizards. 'tis true. (And I know they call Mika "The Wiz" but having not met him personally I can't say whether I'd agree with that or not)

*phew* .. That was one long MQ!

Hell yeah!

.. And so I shortened it .. think it was Bianca's msn post that made it so long ..:boxednaughty:

No surprises there :roftl:

I've tried very long MQs - but then I find I've quoted posts but forgotten what I wanted to say about them :doh

Yeah.. I was going to say smth, but I can't remember now. :wink2:

Yes...why?blink:

Yeah! WHY??? *crybaby*

We have high post counts because of the image limit not because we talk alot of crap. :naughty:

I was going to bed. Its just part of my routine in going to bed, if I'm on the computer is that one last check... and then I have to reply and and and.... :naughty

Uh huh.. Yeah. Sure.

Going downstairs to get ready for Secret Diary of a Callgirl. Sorry, sister was talking to me. Brb Milo. :mf_rosetinted:

But then we would just have posts full of smilies and pictures and such that go on and on forever (like on amf :naughty)

Like the photoshoots and Events thread. :roftl:

*misses being a postwhore*

Oh no!! *MM-style* You'd better use it or you'll lose it.

Hey everyone...I managed to convince my mum to let me have the day off school, so a day of nothing! :kachinga

Well done!!

kobiiii got a day off school today too. Strong winds, hot day, and her school being in a fire zone (surrounded by bush) means she came here to veg out with me. Which is good because she just come back from the supermarket with lollies. :naughty:

BTW: For those who are obsessed with such things, today, for the first time in over a year, I am wearing "The purple top" (today its a dress, over leggings)

I wasn't going to, but then I didn't want to wear the top/dress I was going to wear, and I was already in the leggings, so though, hey why not give the good ol famed Purple Top a try

:bow: *pbs*

Edited by Kelzy

Uh huh.. Yeah. Sure.

Going downstairs to get ready for Diary of a Callgirl. Sorry, sister was talking to me. Brb Milo. :mf_rosetinted:

Like the photoshoots and Events thread. :roftl:

WE all have our little excuses.. doesn't make them any less true :fisch:

:bye:

Hey G! Good. Sitting in a house that's getting bashed around by the strong wind, but otherwise! I love that whistling sound.. How are you?

The wind today *shakes head*

It was trying to push my little car off the road, on the way to uni (home now)

2 hour seminar for what could have been covered in about 15 minutes = not so interesting. But next week we get into the coursework and all that jazz so should be more discussion at least.

And the wind kept blowing a blind into the back of my chair (we couldn't close the window), especially when anyone opened the door.

Hello all! I'm very tired so I think I'm going to go and have a little nap (even though it was my Lenten promise not to have any. But I really need one).

Well - it's a start. Try sitting next to him next time.

Well I would but in the class there is only four of us. Two guys and two girls. And I'm pretty good friends with the girl so she'd think that I was being weird.

:groovy:CONGRATULATIONS!:groovy:

Funny, when I started reading your post it sounded to me like the teacher was giving you footsies!!! :eek:

But congratulations!!!! When is your next lesson with him ??[/color]

:naughty: Thankfully not. The teacher is a girl.

Well we have that class once a week (every Monday).

I hate that smiley limit - and why 7? Why not 10?

Yes...why?:blink:

I can only imagine that way back when MFC was started ... they picked a random low no. which happened to be 7 ... & they had to limit image posting in posts (including smileys) 'cos it slows down the forum or smth. ??? :smth:

Hello All !! :bye:

Thanks for the congrats. ... 13 is one of my lucky numbers ... (it's my birthdate :wink2: )

EDIT: You could always ask in the Mod Squad thread ... :smth:

Step 2 : now try reading some of them :wink2:

Pssshht, that would require effort!

Well, my lucky number is 83 - that would be a better limit :roftl:

*agrees*

OMG! OMGOMGOMGOMG! WHY was she not FREAKING OUT??! OMG! *is 300% jealous*

At the very end of their set, as they were going offstage, he blew some girl in the front row a kiss. I was like, Why is that not me?

I think we all know that kiss was directed at you and his aim is just a bit off :original:

stationary - with an "a" - means standing still

stationery with an "e" is the one you mean (paper, notepads etc).

I really honestly never knew that.

:sneaky2: OK Becs (hi Becs:bye:) and StuckZ

stationary - with an "a" - means standing still

stationery with an "e" is the one you mean (paper, notepads etc).

I read this yesterday and logged out and started to read the book I’m reading at the moment, Second Glance by Jodi Picoult, and found both words within minutes!

Coincident? Of course…but a funny one!:roftl:

Thanks Silver, I’ve never knew that before!

I can only imagine that way back when MFC was started ... they picked a random low no. which happened to be 7 ... & they had to limit image posting in posts (including smileys) 'cos it slows down the forum or smth. ??? :smth:

Hello All !! :bye:

Thanks for the congrats. ... 13 is one of my lucky numbers ... (it's my birthdate :wink2: )

Sooo, you don’t think it has anything to do with the divine numbers, you know in fairy tales, 3 and 7 then?

Just kidding!:naughty:

I read this yesterday and logged out and started to read the book I’m reading at the moment, Second Glance by Jodi Picoult, and found both words within minutes!

I heart Jodi Picoult. Haven't read that one yet though

DO I have a type?? :blink: Square jawlines. Great smile. Slightly taller. Dark and mysterious.. According to a psychic, years ago, I always go for wizards. 'tis true. (And I know they call Mika "The Wiz" but having not met him personally I can't say whether I'd agree with that or not)

Your type of man sounds pretty wizard to me :wink2:

(Note to CD - not "wizzard" :naughty:)

:shocked: Slower than it is now? Although I must admit it is slow intermittently. Somehow that makes it worse than if it was uniformly slow.

I really honestly never knew that.

You learn something every day :wink2:

I shall attempt an MQ later :wink2:

*points to link in signature for Neighbours fans* :fisch:

*hugs everyone and runs away*

*Huggles Tanya*

Hi all! =]

Went to musical rehearsal today. I am now a wife.

I'm not really sure if it counts as a lead, but it's not chorus... I reckon I come under the category 'General Cast'. haha

Which musical ( sorry if you've said before)

haha, I didn't say. It's 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat'.

:woot_jump::kachinga:

Yay! Congrats! =]

Hi!

CONGRATULATIONS EJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : D : D

Tehe, thanks. =]

Well, my lucky number is 83 - that would be a better limit :roftl:

Absolutely. I say we start a petition. :roftl:

Sooo, you don’t think it has anything to do with the divine numbers, you know in fairy tales, 3 and 7 then?

Just kidding!:naughty:

:naughty: Could well be Sienna !! I heart 7 anyway ... :wink2::naughty:

Oooh !! Congrats EJ !!! :huglove:

I heart Jodi Picoult. Haven't read that one yet though

She's a great author!:thumb_yello:

Have you read My Sister’s Keeper?

Not many of her books are translated to Swedish but luckily enough I can manage to read them in English!

I found a whole bunch of them in London when I was there for the Christmas party!

:shocked: Slower than it is now? Although I must admit it is slow intermittently. Somehow that makes it worse than if it was uniformly slow.

Oh no! Whatever you do, don't jinx it!:shocked:

She's a great author!:thumb_yello:

Have you read My Sister’s Keeper?

Not many of her books are translated to Swedish but luckily enough I can manage to read them in English!

I found a whole bunch of them in London when I was there for the Christmas party!

She is great

And My Sister's Keeper was one of the first I read. It made me cry, I loved it so much.

Its a toss up between that and Change of Heart as my favourite

HOOPLA DENTON!!!

But of course!

I definitely go to this thread for my education, and so far:

-You have spiders indoors and you are nice to them!

-Drop bears are cute and you can pet them if you have a can of Vegemite to let them lick from!

-Terry Pratchett is worth reading, I’ve only seen some films up till now…

In spite of the size of your country and only a fast visit from Mr Curly, which usually is the reason to travel and meet other MFCers, you seem to know each other quite well!

We're mostly spread out over the Eastern side of Australia.. and even though Melbourne is a full day's drive from here, I think I see the Melbourne people more than the Syd ones!

We've met up quite a few times now... at the concert, at Rainbow Sky's house (twice for me), at HK's place, in Melbourne (ft 12 inch Harry), various other meet ups in for the Melbourne people, meetups in Syd, and the Gold Coast...

Ok, so, there are some. They're all in Melbourne on trams and 13 years too young for me. *points to Bec/Twat/Teegs/Zoe powerade bottle episode*

Teegs! The poster is black and white on both sides and looks like this:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k227/RWPRWP/U2/IMGP2192.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k227/RWPRWP/U2/IMGP2193.jpg

Oh yes... I rememeber...

Shiny posters Melz... Can't wait till I get mine! Actually, I'm gonna harass Sanity and get the ones from in there...

Hi all!

Haven't been on for a few days. How's you all?

I probably should be doing my homework, but 'sif that's gonna happen...

I'm celebrating, cos I got into the musical I tried out for! (so what if it's only a chorus part... I didn't really want to be the perverse old lady anyways...lol)

Well done! I hope there will be pictures that you share once you're in costume...

Okay, a small development in the :das: arena today.

In English extension (where I had another perfect opportunity, but wimped out yet again) we were sitting there listening to the teacher and writing some things down. And he rested his foot against mine, and left it there for about half the lesson. And he must have known that it was my foot because I was the only one sitting across the table!

But then I tried to catch his eye but he wouldn't look up from his book!

I know it's a rather small accomplishment. But at least it's something!

Awwwwww... how cute! reminds me of being at school...

:shocked: There SO ARE hot guys here !! AND in various age ranges ... (more about that later)

True.. there are hot guys to be found... but in my case, they end up being complete arseholes... and when I say that, I'm referring to the computer geek one I argued with last year, not Jarrad...

Awesome! But fainting is scary. I never have actually fainted but I almost have a couple of times and it's so disorientating. My eyes go all blurry and get these sort of blue sparkles.

The only times I've ever fainted/almost fainted have been when I've given blood... I fainted the first time and I remember feeling like I was on an operating table with a whole lot of people looking down at me, then I open my eyes and I'm lying on a couch with a whole lot of people looking down at me...

The other time I lost my hearing and I was seeing stars... but I laid back and it went away...

They know I'm a fainter obviously...

BTW ... interesting that FD has logged in ... just when we're talking about ...

HOT AUSSIE GUYS ..... FD !!!

Seems he's always up for a bit of a chat about hot Aussie guys... but you have to draw him in with talk about Jason Donovan...

You know my feelings on hot aussie guys .. all toned , tanned , with long blonde hair .. remember the shows we get over here!

Home and away ....

Neighbours ...

I rest my case ...

It was only when I started to talk to Kelzy that I realised ... my world was false

Depends on the part of the country you're talking about...

Yep! *yawns* had to get up at 8:30am to buy them at 9am

They sold out faster than I expected them to. And yep, Forum is over 18. The Sydney ones were all ages I think. Should be great!! Bec and DC are going too. We'll take lots of photos. Do you want a souvenir?

Ewwwwww... glas I'm not going to the Syd concert then... the last all ages gig I went to was at the Hordern Pavillion for the Kooks and they (the security) were sh!t... and the teenies were pushing in...

Does RBSKY still post?

Seeing as no-one else answered, I will.. She said a few months back that she would not be posting... I probably shouldn't say anything in a public thread, but if you want to know why, PM me...

Actually . Steve Irwin is the legend over here , we love him

You just reminded me that I have a Steve Irwin video I made when he died... I should find it and put it up on Youtube...

What else can I say? Darren Hayes, the guy from Silverchair, Sam Sparro (but if you look in the wikipedia article on him, he's of portuguese descent as well... so there is hope *naughty*)

And two of them are gay... you might not have too much luck with them dearest...

I've tried very long MQs - but then I find I've quoted posts but forgotten what I wanted to say about them

So do I... in this MQ I've deleted a couple of posts...

I hate that smiley limit - and why 7? Why not 10?

I could live with 10... that would be nice... I'd prefer a larger avatar size though...

Lol! Barry Humphries isn't very schexy Fred!! But He was in Shock Treatment, the RHPS sequel. Have you seen that? Rik Mayall is in it too.

Barry Humphries:

Bert1.jpg

Cliff De Young, Rik Mayall and Jessica Harper:

ST-BradJanetRickyMarriageMazeL.png

I think I might go watch ST...

I think Cliff De Young looks quite good looking in this... as Brad and Farley... esp Farley....