The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to visit Sweden! How cold is it in the summer?

I'd especially like to see what people look like, since I've been mistaken for swedish/ dutch numerous times...:naughty:

If we are lucky it can get as warm as 25-30 degrees in June, July and August, we call it a heath wave, but it usually doesn’t last for more than a few days.

Lots of rain mostly and when it rains the temperature goes down to maybe 5-15 degrees (Celsius).

It doesn’t sound much of a summer to you I would guess but we are Vikings and are happy to take a swim when the water is around 20 degrees!:naughty:

Many people has blond hair; all children in my family has it, as adults a little more brownish, but like many other countries we are very mixed up today with all kinds of colour on people!:roftl:

You should really come, it’s a beautiful country, and almost everyone can speak English!:thumb_yello:

It's a quiet night in the Aussie Thread..

It's too dark for me to sit outside, so I'll be on during the day...

Good luck Teegs :thumb_yello:

Teegs, awesome comp, Thanks!!

Good luck Tegan!!!! :thumb_yello:

Hopefully I'll win it... not holding out too much hope, but I would love to win it...

Awesome! We're all getting those at school, except apparently we're a povo school, so they're putting Ubuntu (free Linux based operating system) on them, instead of paying licensing for windows...lol

The tiny keyboard is okay for me, cos I two-finger type (like a maniac, though, might I add...)

That sucks... We had to load a Linux based operating system onto a computer with vista... everyone else except for me chose Ubuntu... I chose Mandriva... cause it's pretty...

Anyone ever considered going to Sweden?

As long as there's a bed and a shower for me, I'll consider it!

If we are lucky it can get as warm as 25-30 degrees in June, July and August, we call it a heath wave, but it usually doesn’t last for more than a few days.

Lots of rain mostly and when it rains the temperature goes down to maybe 5-15 degrees (Celsius).

It doesn’t sound much of a summer to you I would guess but we are Vikings and are happy to take a swim when the water is around 20 degrees!

Many people has blond hair; all children in my family has it, as adults a little more brownish, but like many other countries we are very mixed up today with all kinds of colour on people!

You should really come, it’s a beautiful country, and almost everyone can speak English!

Weather sounds like Orange!

Wow 0 posts in 6 hours, we're on a role.

I've spent today in my pjs in my room chilling and watching movies online, thanks to the onset yesterday of my first week back cold (its like clockwork, I swear)

And I have the house all the myself on the weekend, since the family is going camping (and I have to work). Am looking forward to the online time, even though camping is fun.

That is awful!! At least you were not hurt - but if your insurance is

anything like ours, your friend will have to pay for the damage because

no-one got his number!! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Eurgh, that would totally SUCK.

Oh, and look at this :sad:

10 Feb 2009 - Statement issued on behalf of Ross Noble by his agent

Ross Noble has confirmed that his home has been destroyed by the bush fires in Victoria, Australia. However he and his family are safe and well, and plans for his forthcoming tour remain unchanged.

I'm really frustrated though, because I've spent like 2 hours trying to find out how to get presale Ross Noble tickets and I can't find it anywhere:mad3:

Nope :mad3 He TOTALLY cut infront of us, we were driving like 30km/h on the main road around the uni and he sped out (from a stop) out of a carpark entrance, directly across us. Completely ridiculous driving, he almost hit the car in front of us too, it was that busy/sooo much not his turn to go on the road, sheesh. And we had no way of knowing he would do that, he was STOPPED and then suddenly decided to zoom out when we were like a metre from his crossing. and then he just drove off. And we were all "shocked:" The people at the bus stop right next to it were also like ":shockedWTF?" And no one got his number at all no: He just had a crappy old yellow car. And my friend has a BRAND NEW expensive car. It's like 3 months old. And now it has a discusting yellow dent/scrape on her mangled bumper.

OMG What a prick! There's a good chance he's a regular at the uni though, right?? Your friend could ask around for anyone who drives that sort of car.

Thats the one thats the same as Frankston monopoly right?

(visit cousins in moe, go back 3 spaces, etc etc)

Yep. That's the one. :naughty:

I'm knackered... no long MQs today for me :naughty

:shocked

big competition!

well, if you want to see him, get to my Ass Book, look at my friends... he's there -- first name starts with a "P" and surname is the same as mine. (not going to post his full name on here *naughty*) -- his profile pic is of him, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind if any of you pretty gals added him. naughty:

I found him :das: Are you sure he wouldn't mind? :roftl:

How sweet!wub2:

Anyone ever considered going to Sweden?wink2:

Yes!! I would.

SILVERRRGHH! wub2:

... Totally!naughty:

I'd love to visit Sweden! How cold is it in the summer?

I'd especially like to see what people look like, since I've been mistaken for swedish/ dutch numerous times...naughty:

I had the "Are you Swedish?" blue eyes and dark blonde hair (and would again if only I'd stop dying my hair but that'll never happen) look too.

It doesn’t sound much of a summer to you I would guess but we are Vikings and are happy to take a swim when the water is around 20 degrees!:naughty

Many people has blond hair; all children in my family has it, as adults a little more brownish, but like many other countries we are very mixed up today with all kinds of colour on people!roftl:

You should really come, it’s a beautiful country, and almost everyone can speak English!:thumb_yello

Sounds beautiful to me!

I would love to go one day, if I had the money (ah money, the eternal hinderance to dreams)

That made me laugh.

As long as there's a bed and a shower for me, I'll consider it!

Same!

Hope you win the competition too.

I've spent today in my pjs in my room chilling and watching movies online, thanks to the onset yesterday of my first week back cold (its like clockwork, I swear)

And I have the house all the myself on the weekend, since the family is going camping (and I have to work). Am looking forward to the online time, even though camping is fun.

What have you been watching? Musicals? :das: Recommendations??

Eurgh, that would totally SUCK.

Oh, and look at this sad:

I'm really frustrated though, because I've spent like 2 hours trying to find out how to get presale Ross Noble tickets and I can't find it anywheremad3:

Try joining the fan club?

How sweet!:wub2:

Anyone ever considered going to Sweden?:wink2:

Me, me ,me !!! :woot_jump:

I'm part Swedish Sienna ! :biggrin2: My maternal grandmother was a full Swede . :wink2:

OKD: I love Ross Noble ! Sad about his house ... but glad he & his family are ok ... :original:

Hello All ! :bye:

It doesn’t sound much of a summer to you I would guess but we are Vikings and are happy to take a swim when the water is around 20 degrees!:naughty:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lmfao:

OMG What a prick! There's a good chance he's a regular at the uni though, right?? Your friend could ask around for anyone who drives that sort of car.

Yeah, but my dad thinks even if we find him, he wont have any insurance, and he wont have any money so she'd never get anything out of him anyway. Or after a court case she'd just get some like $20 a week or something.

I had the "Are you Swedish?" blue eyes and dark blonde hair (and would again if only I'd stop dying my hair but that'll never happen) look too.

People always think I'm German :lmfao: TWO separate people started talking to me in German while I was at that hostel in Sydney, they were so sure I was German.

Try joining the fan club?

Yep, can't find one. :crybaby:

Yep. That's the one. :naughty:

What have you been watching? Musicals? :das: Recommendations??

Its one of the things they just change the town name of, but keep the name, to suit any Bogan town :fisch:

And not so many musicals. I found a site that has mostly new stuff on it, so I watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Confessions of a Shopaholic and the dodgiest of dodgy teen musicals.... American Mall (from the makers of HSM, which should give you the idea of the level of dodginess, its set entirely in the mall, and its so bad that its almost good)

The guy who plays the main lead (who is a Janitor in the movie) isn't too bad to look at though

Hello my lovelies :wub2:

I'm not a happy camper. I missed out on Lily Allen Tix :mad3:....so now I'm going to see how much the tix for French & Saunders are :naughty:

OKD: Have you tried Mastercard Applause or Visa Entertainment? Both sell some events on pre-sale.

Silver: HOw did your op go? Are you OK? Are you looking after yourself?

Stuckzzzzz: I've missed you :huglove:

Love ya's all! :huglove: No Kelzy, I'm not on medication:naughty:

It's exposure to a new set of germs/viruses/bacteria - well-known phenomenon :naughty:

Hello my lovelies :wub2:

I'm not a happy camper. I missed out on Lily Allen Tix :mad3:....so now I'm going to see how much the tix for French & Saunders are :naughty:

OKD: Have you tried Mastercard Applause or Visa Entertainment? Both sell some events on pre-sale.

Silver: HOw did your op go? Are you OK? Are you looking after yourself?

Stuckzzzzz: I've missed you :huglove:

Love ya's all! :huglove: No Kelzy, I'm not on medication:naughty:

Hi Tanya - op went fine, eyesight gradually getting better. How are things with you?

It's exposure to a new set of germs/viruses/bacteria - well-known phenomenon :naughty:

Except this cold I picked up at home (dad had it last week), and sometimes I'm sick the day before I go back :naughty:

I think its partly psychosomatic, partly just bad timing, and maybe partly the exposure to other germs/viruses/bacteria or something along those lines *smth*

Except this cold I picked up at home (dad had it last week), and sometimes I'm sick the day before I go back :naughty:

I think its partly psychosomatic, partly just bad timing, and maybe partly the exposure to other germs/viruses/bacteria or something along those lines *smth*

Or you could just be someone who catches colds easily :naughty:

I'm prone to sore throats, but rarely get colds.

Who is the lady with endless class, grace and taste....the one who put Paul Stanley in the tags :naughty:

Hi Tanya - op went fine, eyesight gradually getting better. How are things with you?

I'm so glad it went well :thumb_yello: I'm ok:wink2:

Who is the lady with endless class, grace and taste....the one who put Paul Stanley in the tags :naughty:

I'm so glad it went well :thumb_yello: I'm ok:wink2:

Not me :roftl: - who is he?

Have you been affected by the fires at all (sorry, my Australian geog in not good and I can't remember where you live )?

Not me :roftl: - who is he?

Have you been affected by the fires at all (sorry, my Australian geog in not good and I can't remember where you live )?

Blasphemy....how can you not know who Paul Stanley is...... HE IS KISS! He's also the gorgeous hunk who is old enough to be my father and usually takes pride of place in my siggie before Harold that is :wink2:

The Ivanhoe one was only about 10 mins away but we were never in danger. Lots of smoke that played havoc with mums asthma and a fire just near my Uncle but they contained it pretty quickly.....so it's all good!

... Well hello to you too Bianca ...

:wink2:

:lmfao: After I made my post I wondered vaguely if you would whine about me not quoting you :naughty:

Hello my lovelies

I'm not a happy camper. I missed out on Lily Allen Tix ....so now I'm going to see how much the tix for French & Saunders are

How does it work? I think it IS with Mastercard Applause their logo is at the top of the page: http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/13004258C10F7DE9?did=mcd&brand=mastercard

Blasphemy....how can you not know who Paul Stanley is...... HE IS KISS! He's also the gorgeous hunk who is old enough to be my father and usually takes pride of place in my siggie before Harold that is

The Ivanhoe one was only about 10 mins away but we were never in danger. Lots of smoke that played havoc with mums asthma and a fire just near my Uncle but they contained it pretty quickly.....so it's all good!

DID YOU SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MUM FOR ME? *pbs*

I found something awesome. Well, two awesome things.

Awesome thing number 1 I found out about a month ago or something and have been procrastinating looking further into and was just reminded of in this newsletter (along with learning of awesome thing number 2). It is that there is this forest in margaret River that the council want to log, and that a group of hippies have been living/protesting in. And they have an open invitation for people to join their merry tree hugging hippy mob. And .. well, being a tree hugging hippy protester is TOTALLY on my list of things to do in my life. And my friend's. She is going to try and get a Saturday off work so we can go down for a weekend. It's a free camping trip anyway :smth:

Awesome thing number 2 was an article in the same newsletter, saying something about the opportunity for murdoch vet students to go to egypt to help with animal aid abroad (http://www.animalaidabroad.org/). It just said to go to the site for more info, but I can't find any info about that, so I emailed them to ask about it. But the site says what they are doing there in Egypt, and it is totally AWESOME. It is 100% exactly my full aim in life. Once I've spent enough time doing the frivolous things I want to do, live in London, travel the world, blah blah blah. And been able to save enough money, then I toootally want to set up something EXACTLY like this organisation. They have basically set up a free vet clinic in Cairo, where they are treating extremely poorly conditioned strays, farm/stock/working animals and zoo animals. None of this trying to interfere with another country's way of life crap, just HELPING. Those animals would never get any treatment normally, and you can talk and whine all about taking them away and putting them in some nice sanctuary or something, but that's not going to solve anything. Giving them medical treatment aint going to solve anything either, but it's going to make suuuuch a big difference to those animal's lives - and the people's too. :cheerful_h4h:

Or you could just be someone who catches colds easily :naughty:

I'm prone to sore throats, but rarely get colds.

Well there is that too

My colds generally progress to sore throats ft coughs... I look forward to that stage because by then my heads clear and I can think again :naughty:

Hello all!

Athletics carnival tomorrow. Not my favourite day of the year but a hundred times better than the swimming one! It's pretty much like a day off school. :biggrin2:

hehe, I hate swimming carnivals too! I'd much rather go to athletics than go swimming... (for some reason, I just don't like getting wet at the moment. Yes, this has raised questions in relation to my personal hygiene, but contrary to popular belief, I do put up with showering...lol)

The high point of my day today was listening to my (musically illiterate) English teacher talking about 'Pentactic' scales in class today, in relation to rhythm and syllables in poetry. I was like, I think you mean 'pentatonic', and that has to do with melody, not rhythm...haha

Edited by bonzaboy