The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

Hello all!

Athletics carnival tomorrow. Not my favourite day of the year but a hundred times better than the swimming one! It's pretty much like a day off school. :biggrin2:

When I was in school, it was a day off for us (technically it was compulsory attendance, but we would just go to the movies or something instead)

hehe, I hate swimming carnivals too! I'd much rather go to athletics than go swimming... (for some reason, I just don't like getting wet at the moment. Yes, this has raised questions in relation to my personal hygiene, but contrary to popular belief, I do put up with showering...lol)

For some reason, this reminded me of a weird thought I had last night while reading Wicked. If Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West) can't get wet, then how does she stay clean? Don't ask me why I thought of that while reading the book, especially at a section which had nothing to do with water at all

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it work? I think it IS with Mastercard Applause their logo is at the top of the page: http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/13004258C10F7DE9?did=mcd&brand=mastercard

DID YOU SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MUM FOR ME? *pbs*

That's one of them.....and you missed the pre-sale unless you're really quick....I'm sorry :tears:

My TM Presale

Start: Wed 04/03/09, 12:00

End: Thu 05/03/09, 12:00

Edit: I just tried to go in under my account but they've already closed the pre-sale coz they go on sale tomorow morning.

Yes I did....and she said to say thank you and give you a big hug *pukes*

It is painfully clear that my mother doesn't have any taste when it comes to my friends:naughty: You and Pru are the only ones she's ever liked....although, she would say that it was my taste that was at fault:roftl:

Edited by Tanya K

For some reason, this reminded me of a weird thought I had last night while reading Wicked. If Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West) can't get wet, then how does she stay clean? Don't ask me why I thought of that while reading the book, especially at a section which had nothing to do with water at all

I'm not going to spoil anything (and this is if the book has the same storyline as the musical).. :naughty:

You haven't finished yet have you?

Hello all!

Athletics carnival tomorrow. Not my favourite day of the year but a hundred times better than the swimming one! It's pretty much like a day off school. :biggrin2:

Oooh, brilliant. My school made it so you could only get off class if you were partaking in at least 3 events or something, and they literally had teachers guarding the gates to the oval and only letting students with athetics carnival wristbands in. LUCKILY I was always on the media team charged with filming the event :biggrin2:

That's one of them.....and you missed the pre-sale unless you're really quick....I'm sorry

My TM Presale

Start: Wed 04/03/09, 12:00

End: Thu 05/03/09, 12:00

Edit: I just tried to go in under my account but they've already closed the pre-sale coz they go on sale tomorow morning.

Yes I did....and she said to say thank you and give you a big hug *pukes*

It is painfully clear that my mother doesn't have any taste when it comes to my friends You and Pru are the only ones she's ever liked....although, she would say that it was my taste that was at fault

Oh, damn, that sucks. Tomorrow at 9am it is then :boxed: Eurgh, but I'm on the train on the way to uni then.

Awwww! :wub2: *fangirls your mum*

Oh, I meant to say - you guys talking about/reading/going to melbourne to see Wicked: Pink is doing some kind of project for school and she is trying to get people all over the world to say what the story of the wizard of oz or any of it's incarnations means to them. And she keeps bugging me to say something but it means nothing to me, anyone feeling generous enough to get her off my back? :biggrin2:

I'm not going to spoil anything (and this is if the book has the same storyline as the musical).. :naughty:

You haven't finished yet have you?

I'm presuming the storyline is the same, since the Musical is based on the book :naughty:

Haven't finished, about halfway through. Its a good read

Yeah, but my dad thinks even if we find him, he wont have any insurance, and he wont have any money so she'd never get anything out of him anyway. Or after a court case she'd just get some like $20 a week or something.

Hmmm. What a jerk. :thumbdown:

People always think I'm German :lmfao TWO separate people started talking to me in German while I was at that hostel in Sydney, they were so sure I was German.

You do look a bit like one of my cousins actually. :naughty:

... Well hello to you too Bianca ... :sneaky2

:wink2

Well, hello to you too, HK. :mf_rosetinted:

Its one of the things they just change the town name of, but keep the name, to suit any Bogan town :fisch

And not so many musicals. I found a site that has mostly new stuff on it, so I watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Confessions of a Shopaholic and the dodgiest of dodgy teen musicals.... American Mall (from the makers of HSM, which should give you the idea of the level of dodginess, its set entirely in the mall, and its so bad that its almost good)

The guy who plays the main lead (who is a Janitor in the movie) isn't too bad to look at though

Yep. One of those games.

I wanted to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic actually. I might go find that.

And who plays the janitor? This guy?

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY3MjE0MTYyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDg2MTE4._V1_SX450_SY450_.jpg

I'm not a happy camper. I missed out on Lily Allen Tix :mad3....so now I'm going to see how much the tix for French & Saunders are :naughty

I'm going to Lilzhhz :bleh: But I'm jealous as hell if you go to F&S :sneaky2:

Love ya's all! :huglove No Kelzy, I'm not on medication:naughty

Well, that's the problem. Go get some. *pours another Baileys*

It's exposure to a new set of germs/viruses/bacteria - well-known phenomenon :naughty

If only men would wash their hands after peeing.

Except this cold I picked up at home (dad had it last week), and sometimes I'm sick the day before I go back :naughty

I think its partly psychosomatic, partly just bad timing, and maybe partly the exposure to other germs/viruses/bacteria or something along those lines *smth*

It's a skill you have.

Who is the lady with endless class, grace and taste....the one who put Paul Stanley in the tags naughty:

It wasn't even me!!

Have you been affected by the fires at all (sorry, my Australian geog in not good and I can't remember where you live )?

:shocked: But, But.. But.. It's YOUR country.

Hello all!

Athletics carnival tomorrow. Not my favourite day of the year but a hundred times better than the swimming one! It's pretty much like a day off school. :biggrin2

Enjoy your fake day off :naughty:

hehe, I hate swimming carnivals too! I'd much rather go to athletics than go swimming... (for some reason, I just don't like getting wet at the moment. Yes, this has raised questions in relation to my personal hygiene, but contrary to popular belief, I do put up with showering...lol)

The high point of my day today was listening to my (musically illiterate) English teacher talking about 'Pentactic' scales in class today, in relation to rhythm and syllables in poetry. I was like, I think you mean 'pentatonic', and that has to do with melody, not rhythm...haha

Now, I'm glad we can't smell you.

Gotta laugh when the teachers are wrong.

That is weird. Maybe that's why she got so green.

Oh, I meant to say - you guys talking about/reading/going to melbourne to see Wicked: Pink is doing some kind of project for school and she is trying to get people all over the world to say what the story of the wizard of oz or any of it's incarnations means to them. And she keeps bugging me to say something but it means nothing to me, anyone feeling generous enough to get her off my back? :biggrin2

hahaha. I saw the thread, and I love TWOO, but I'm not really wanting to be in someones school project.

If we are lucky it can get as warm as 25-30 degrees in June, July and August, we call it a heath wave, but it usually doesn’t last for more than a few days.

Lots of rain mostly and when it rains the temperature goes down to maybe 5-15 degrees (Celsius).

It doesn’t sound much of a summer to you I would guess but we are Vikings and are happy to take a swim when the water is around 20 degrees!:nauhty:

Many people has blond hair; all children in my family has it, as adults a little more brownish, but like many other countries we are very mixed up today with all kinds of colour on people!:rftl:

You should really come, it’s a beautiful country, and almost everyone can speak English!:thumb_ello:

Wow! I'll suggest to my family we go there in the summer... if we have money that is.. as Teegs said, the money (darn credit crunch!) hinders many dreams... *sneaky2*:naughty:
I found him :as: Are you sure he wouldn't mind? :roft:
He usually accepts anyone. :thumb_yello: And he'll see your mutual friends, aka moi... *naughty*....

what did you think?? :zhhz:

=Kelzy]I had the "Are you Swedish?" blue eyes and dark blonde hair (and would again if only I'd stop dying my hair but that'll never happen) look too.
I can't imagine you as a blonde for some reason... :naughty: ... too used to the black/dark brown, and, more recently, the red, which I love..:wub2:

Me, me ,me !!! :wootjump:

I'm part Swedish Sienna ! :biggrin2: My maternal grandmother was a full Swede . :wnk2:

You do look the part, HK!!!

Hello All ! :be:
Hello beautiful HK!!!

Hello my lovelies :wb2:

Stuckzzzzz: I've missed you :hulove:

Missed you too!!:tears:

GOT YOUR XMAS CARD!!! ... and yours is going... it's sooo prettyful!!!

Thank you, Tan!!!

:wub2:

hahaha. I saw the thread, and I love TWOO, but I'm not really wanting to be in someones school project.

Well, how very selfish of you *hmph* :naughty:

I found a hilarious facebook group where vets and vet nurses tell funny client stories.

Eg...

"one time I had a lady call saying that her cat had lots of embedded ticks and she couldn't get them out so I told her to come on in....turned out she was trying to pull off the cat's nipples, the woman didn't understand how a male cat can have nipples....."

"I had a client come in with a male boxer to check "growths" ... Of course this is always a great idea in a boxer, but.... When I asked the client to show me the growths, he had the dog get down, roll over, and he pointed out the nipples! When I explained that those were normal structures, just nipples, he said, "He can't have nipples. He's a male." What???!! I wanted to ask him if he had nipples, but ..."

"a lady called one day to ask if her brother's male cockatiel could fertilize the eggs that her female cockatiel had laid, or did he have to be there right when they came out to fertilize them?"

"Once, a man thought his dog was having a reaction to bug bites, he tried creams, that didn't work, he even tried to pop them, that didn't work, so he actually used scissors to cut off 2 of the pimples...turned out they wee the dogs teats..he didn't know dogs had nipples (WTF?)"

"Yesterday a client: Is it possible my dog got leukemia because it licks the tv when it sees other dogs on the tv? Huh??"

"A lady buys some rcw feline dental food, she returns a few minutes later and says i've brought the wrong food.

She said she wanted male cat food and not female, I explained that this food was for both sexes.

Her reply was but it says its for felines!!!!!"

I can't believe how many people don't think male dogs/cats have nipples.

"Can you trim my cat's nails while he's here? It's hard for me to get all his nails because he's a pterodactyl."

"Little old lady with diabetic cat that wasn't improving..she had had numerous routine and injection lessons but the cats glucose levels were not improving.

The vet asked her in for consult to double check everything. Using sterile water the owner showed the vets how she drew up the insulin (all perfectly done)

The vet then said ok now if you want to show me how u inject. The owner sighed and said "oh she really does hate me giving her the insulin!"

The cat jumped offtable and the vet said "oh i will get her back up"

The owner then said "dont worry dear" , crouched down and squirted the injection at the cat!!!

"Ah" said the vet, "I think i know why its not working now"

Ok you had to be there but it was hysterical!!"

:lmfao: I can't stop.

Wow! I'll suggest to my family we go there in the summer... if we have money that is.. as Teegs said, the money (darn credit crunch!) hinders many dreams... *sneaky2**naughty*

He usually accepts anyone. :thumb_yello And he'll see your mutual friends, aka moi... *naughty*....

what did you think?? :zhhz:

Awww. His profile's on private so I couldn't see anything much. I'd add him if he didn't mind but he'd probably never talk to me anyway. :naughty: He's quite prettyful. Runs in the family. :wub2:

I can't imagine you as a blonde for some reason... *naughty* ... too used to the black/dark brown, and, more recently, the red, which I love..*wub2*

:blush-anim-cl: awww, Thanks. It was a fun experiment. :naughty: It's Amber atm according to the hairdye packet. And I was blonde not so long ago. Before MFC. Before Mika invaded my life. Back when I had a RL *OMG face* :shocked: I might go blonde again so I can get a real life to vandalise - just like you!!!

Well, how very selfish of you *hmph* :naughty

:rolls_eyes: There was waaaayyyy too much involved for me when I first read it. But I'll have another read, since I'm in vlog mode *suss*

I found a hilarious facebook group where vets and vet nurses tell funny client stories.

Eg...

"one time I had a lady call saying that her cat had lots of embedded ticks and she couldn't get them out so I told her to come on in....turned out she was trying to pull off the cat's nipples, the woman didn't understand how a male cat can have nipples....."

"I had a client come in with a male boxer to check "growths" ... Of course this is always a great idea in a boxer, but.... When I asked the client to show me the growths, he had the dog get down, roll over, and he pointed out the nipples! When I explained that those were normal structures, just nipples, he said, "He can't have nipples. He's a male." What???!! I wanted to ask him if he had nipples, but ..."

"a lady called one day to ask if her brother's male cockatiel could fertilize the eggs that her female cockatiel had laid, or did he have to be there right when they came out to fertilize them?"

"Once, a man thought his dog was having a reaction to bug bites, he tried creams, that didn't work, he even tried to pop them, that didn't work, so he actually used scissors to cut off 2 of the pimples...turned out they wee the dogs teats..he didn't know dogs had nipples (WTF?)"

"Yesterday a client: Is it possible my dog got leukemia because it licks the tv when it sees other dogs on the tv? Huh??"

"A lady buys some rcw feline dental food, she returns a few minutes later and says i've brought the wrong food.

She said she wanted male cat food and not female, I explained that this food was for both sexes.

That's insane!! I wonder how many later realised that men have nipples. :naughty:

And, why tf do men have nipples anyway?

"Can you trim my cat's nails while he's here? It's hard for me to get all his nails because he's a pterodactyl."

"Little old lady with diabetic cat that wasn't improving..she had had numerous routine and injection lessons but the cats glucose levels were not improving.

The vet asked her in for consult to double check everything. Using sterile water the owner showed the vets how she drew up the insulin (all perfectly done)

The vet then said ok now if you want to show me how u inject. The owner sighed and said "oh she really does hate me giving her the insulin!"

The cat jumped offtable and the vet said "oh i will get her back up"

The owner then said "dont worry dear" , crouched down and squirted the injection at the cat!!!

"Ah" said the vet, "I think i know why its not working now"

Ok you had to be there but it was hysterical!!"

:lmfao: I can't stop.

:roftl::roftl::roftl: Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets.

and in other news, someone idk randomly commented on that vlog I made. :naughty:

:rolls_eyes: There was waaaayyyy too much involved for me when I first read it. But I'll have another read, since I'm in vlog mode *suss*

That's insane!! I wonder how many later realised that men have nipples. :naughty:

And, why tf do men have nipples anyway?

If you want :smth: :naughty:

Because they are non-functional women :naughty:

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets.

and in other news, someone idk randomly commented on that vlog I made. :naughty:

Exactly :roftl:

Ooooh, link?

Awesome thing number 2 was an article in the same newsletter, saying something about the opportunity for murdoch vet students to go to egypt to help with animal aid abroad (http://www.animalaidabroad.org/). It just said to go to the site for more info, but I can't find any info about that, so I emailed them to ask about it. But the site says what they are doing there in Egypt, and it is totally AWESOME. It is 100% exactly my full aim in life. Once I've spent enough time doing the frivolous things I want to do, live in London, travel the world, blah blah blah. And been able to save enough money, then I toootally want to set up something EXACTLY like this organisation. They have basically set up a free vet clinic in Cairo, where they are treating extremely poorly conditioned strays, farm/stock/working animals and zoo animals. None of this trying to interfere with another country's way of life crap, just HELPING. Those animals would never get any treatment normally, and you can talk and whine all about taking them away and putting them in some nice sanctuary or something, but that's not going to solve anything. Giving them medical treatment aint going to solve anything either, but it's going to make suuuuch a big difference to those animal's lives - and the people's too. :cheerful_h4h:

The Brooke Hospital for Animals is Cairo based and treats working horses and donkeys on a similar basis. They have travelling clinics and have worker education programmes

You can wash with alcohol :naughty:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY3MjE0MTYyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDg2MTE4._V1_SX450_SY450_.jpg

No idea - I can't access this link :sneaky2:

:shocked: But, But.. But.. It's YOUR country.

But I have minions to take care of the geography for me - I don't have to learn it :naughty:

:blush-anim-cl: awww, Thanks. It was a fun experiment. :naughty: It's Amber atm according to the hairdye packet. And I was blonde not so long ago. Before MFC. Before Mika invaded my life. Back when I had a RL *OMG face* :shocked: I might go blonde again so I can get a real life to vandalise - just like you!!!

:shocked: I just can't imagine you as a blonde, Kelzy. Red or brunette or black maybe.

I'm just a non-descript brown.

(But anything is better than the blue rinse Tanya seems to think I have)

The Brooke Hospital for Animals is Cairo based and treats working horses and donkeys on a similar basis. They have travelling clinics and have worker education programmes

Oooh, do you have more information/a link?

I don't know anything about it other than that they have the clinic. But that AAA one is in Alexandria, but I have friends in Cairo. Like .. rich friends, with a massive house :naughty:

Pterodactyl :lmfao: Well she was nearly right. :floor:

:roftl: I know right, that one cracks me up everytime I re-read it :lmfao:

When people try to sound knowledgable about something and screw up it is just the best.

(But anything is better than the blue rinse Tanya seems to think I have)

We all know you do, stop trying to hide it :wink2:

Oooh, do you have more information/a link?

I don't know anything about it other than that they have the clinic. But that AAA one is in Alexandria, but I have friends in Cairo. Like .. rich friends, with a massive house :naughty:

This is the link: http://www.thebrooke.org but I understand that they don't take on students for placements but will accept volunteers.

Yep. One of those games.

Its alright, I'm tempted to read the books now

And no idea, access denied on the link.

But the guy who plays him I've discovered I only really like with the longish hair :naughty:

If only men would wash their hands after peeing.

It's a skill you have.

That is weird. Maybe that's why she got so green.

If only

And a talent for getting sick. Shame a thing like that won't look good on a resume

She was born green, which is possibly due to a green elixir her mother was given by the mysterious stranger who is probably her father (which basically had the effect of a date rape drug on the mother)

You can wash with alcohol :naughty:

That could be a possibility maybe

anyways I'm off to go to vicroads, and then uni (provided vicroads doesn't take forever)

Same!

Hope you win the competition too.

I just found out something interesting... but not good interesting...

Apparently you needed to enter during a certain time of day when he announcers on Nova said to enter...

I don't get Nova!!! :crybaby:

Though one of the Aussies on the U2 forum managed to get int the draw for it, so I can't be too sad..

People always think I'm German :lmfao: TWO separate people started talking to me in German while I was at that hostel in Sydney, they were so sure I was German.

That's so weird... I don't think they thought I was anything other than Aussie...

When I was in school, it was a day off for us (technically it was compulsory attendance, but we would just go to the movies or something instead)

Am I the only one who actually liked going ot swimming and athletics carnivals?

as Teegs said, the money (darn credit crunch!) hinders many dreams... *sneaky2*

Sucks big time... though I have ot save up some dollars for U2... and I don't know how that's going to work when I'm off work (for who knows how long)...

Eg...

There's a similar one for people who work in retail... some of the things people ask or say are really stupid...

Am I the only one who actually liked going ot swimming and athletics carnivals?

Probably...

I'm home alone for the weekend, which means cooking for myself (am currently considering what I can have for dinner, I'm thinking chicken kiev) but at the moment I'm annoyed at my brothers because, before they left, they were supposed to take the bin out for me, and do a load of dishes each. So now before I can even consider cooking I have to wash dishes, and do the bin, which is an effort for me in the best of times, let alone when my body is feeling weak due to a cold.

Anyways... I shall do chores, and then shopping. Haven't decided what to do for dinner the other two nights of the long weekend, so suggestions appreciated

Oh and in other news... My Lily Allen Ticket came today :punk::punk: