The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so there's still nobody here and I can PW to my heart's content with huge gaps in between!! Bonus!

Going to find the link for the trope site...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

This is an incredibly extensive site that is full of interesting things... lots of blue hypertext links in the body of the text that you can miss if you're not paying attention. Oh and tropes will ruin your life. It says so, somewhere on the site.

Was anybody into Deacon Blue or Hothouse Flowers way back when?

Deacon Blue:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=3P_m9G8Pfzw A live version of Fergus Sings the Blues. Doesn't sound as good as the album, but you get that.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHTI31XuQxk This is the video clip of Real Gone Kid.

Hothouse Flowers:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIKSOlje7Q This is the clip for Don't Go.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IOhrBhAUFLs&feature=related Clip for I'm Sorry. The sound's a bit crappy.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5GJ1v2gfTqc&feature=related Clip for I can See Clearly Now.

This really takes me back...

Wow, CD, major postwhorage. :naughty:

This reminds me of Clementine, 'love love knee'. :lmao:

Well, I was bored. And other people do it:bleh:

I don't get it. I'm thinking of the song "Clementine" (you know the one, "In a cavern in a canyon excavating for a mine...") and that doesn't fit. Is there something I'm missing?

If you have to ask, perhaps you don't belong in my government :naughty:

*sits at home watching tv, using her powers as Minister of Trade and Industry to import Caviar from russia, despite not liking Caviar, Champagne from Champagne in France, and other delicies*

Its all trade isn't it? :fisch:

Major post whoring Cwd

And :sneaky2: I have a feeling I am going to spend the rest of the day reading that site now

*sits at home watching tv, using her powers as Minister of Trade and Industry to import Caviar from russia, despite not liking Caviar, Champagne from Champagne in France, and other delicies*

Its all trade isn't it? :fisch:

Major post whoring Cwd

And :sneaky2: I have a feeling I am going to spend the rest of the day reading that site now

You probably will. Each page links you to soo many more pages that sometimes you forget where you started. But it's prompted many an interesting discussion between hubby and me.

No wonder I had no idea what you were talking about. Thanks.

You probably will. Each page links you to soo many more pages that sometimes you forget where you started. But it's prompted many an interesting discussion between hubby and me.

I noticed that already... I keep clicking through and then having to go back and all over the place.

So much to read... and it seems interesting

I will consider your suggestions for names for my country, though I quite like the sound of "The Silver Republic".

(Though Dances thinks it should be the Banana Republic):pbjt:

I'm voting for Barbequaria :naughty:And if you've seen a video about what colonisation would be like if white people were in the place of Aboriginal preople you'd understand it!

*wanders over to stereo and pushes play......aussie thread fills with the strains of stripper music* Teegs should be here soon, she's usually the first to start stripping and streaking!!!!

Teegs was waiting to catch a bus back to Orange at that stage...

*flashes Kelzy's phone number at you to wake you up* *pokes you with her kooky pen* *asks you to go and ask the asian guy how much my internet bill is*

KOOKY PEN!! How is J-Kool? :naughty:

I really made an effort to MQ like you guys do in here but I had to give up!

I bow down in respect for your skills!

Thank you! :wub2:

It really is something you need to work at...

I don't get it. I'm thinking of the song "Clementine" (you know the one, "In a cavern in a canyon excavating for a mine...") and that doesn't fit. Is there something I'm missing?

There's someone on here whose username is Clementine... she had Love Love Knee in her siggie... apparently she has a thing for Mika's knees *smth*

I don't see the attraction myself... same with his feet...

True....but Paul will always be the hottest!

It was so awesome! Deal but I should warn you that I'm fairly feral at a Kiss concert You should see my live photo collections, I've got some great stuff!

Well, it's no use asking for a flash of butt because she's not a magician!

*wanders over to stereo and pushes play......aussie thread fills with the strains of stripper music* Teegs should be here soon, she's usually the first to start stripping and streaking!!!!

I agree. Paul will always be the hottest member of Kiss.

Feral!! You said the magic word. *spits and shakes*

You should upload some photos. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Hahaha!! He has got some butt, just not much butt. :naughty:

Yes Teegs is. *resists urge to pole dance*

argh i hate sticky weather. but ice cream and wonder woman *jealous*

yah i have my earlobes pierced.

Yep! 2 bowls of ice cream actually.

But today I start my better eating plan and resuming exercise.

I want to get my nose pierced.

*makes an appearance*

*feels a bit like one of those people who come in here and go "wtf are you all talking about?"*

Lol!!

;3rdplace; I'm so awesome.

You're such a postwhore.

*flashes Kelzy's phone number at you to wake you up* *pokes you with her kooky pen* *asks you to go and ask the asian guy how much my internet bill is*

:sneaky2: I hope my number didn't end up on any toilet walls.

I'll graffiti yours on the railway tracks leading into Melbourne..;fisch:

I really made an effort to MQ like you guys do in here but I had to give up!

I bow down in respect for your skills!

We're massive postwhorers. It takes alot of patience. :naughty:

IFrench Dawn!

I love her too, and right now I’m reading her book, bought it in London so I have to read it in English. Gives me good practice though, she really has a way to play with words.

I love her!

I'm Speshul. ;cheerful-h4h;

We know.

Hmm. Have you all been very very good subjects?

Are we ever? :glasses2:

dwi.jpg

Shake ya bon bon - Shake ya bon bon - shake what bon bon??

Oh Sienna you make me giggle. French Dawn indeed. It has a nice ring to it. As for the proper names of other things she's done besides Vicar of Dibley... I don't know too many. I discovered her kind of through Jennifer Saunders being in Absolutely Fabulous and then heard that she'd done a comedy double act with some big woman named Dawn French and that it was called French and Saunders, but never bothered to investigate tooo closely and then got into her through Vicar of Dibley. And am trying to make up for lost time by catching up on her old stuff.

I Love F&S, Ab Fab & Vicar of Dibley too.

But the easiest way to find out is to check on IMDb (Internet Movie Database). I'll get a link for you.

Here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0294067/

I always IMDb too.

One flash of leg for my subjects

IMG_2158.jpg

Oh look. Blue jeans ripped at the knees. Something I did from 1988 until 1990.

The world is your octopus

The world is your loch ness monster.

Hello Silver...just 7 to go now...I'm watching you!

Head of Secret service.

I think I'll do a Kelzy ;wink;

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

What does that mean? Doing a Kelzy?

9,999 posts.

When I hit 9,999 I disappeared for a week I think. Or a few days.

I just noticed you are one post away from 10000 posts! How could you? One more post woman, just one more!!!

haahhahah!! exactly.

This reminds me of Clementine, 'love love knee'.

LOL!!

I'm voting for Barbequaria And if you've seen a video about what colonisation would be like if white people were in the place of Aboriginal preople you'd understand it!

Hoopla Teegs!

I haven't - but I can imagine.

*breathes....*

Oh look. Blue jeans ripped at the knees. Something I did from 1988 until 1990.

Maybe that's why I like that pic so much... Takes me back to my teen years... And it seems so comfortable and familiar.

I've been watching a DVD Triple Pack that I got for Christmas over the last few days. Clueless (which wasn't actually my era, but I love it anyway), Pretty In Pink (which I was soooooo into) and Some Kind of Wonderful (which was a bit of a sleeper for me, I think I appreciate it better now). And the clothes! I still love the clothes from the 80's. But I can laugh at the same time. Anyway, blue jeans ripped at the knees!

Maybe that's why I like that pic so much... Takes me back to my teen years... And it seems so comfortable and familiar.

I've been watching a DVD Triple Pack that I got for Christmas over the last few days. Clueless (which wasn't actually my era, but I love it anyway), Pretty In Pink (which I was soooooo into) and Some Kind of Wonderful (which was a bit of a sleeper for me, I think I appreciate it better now). And the clothes! I still love the clothes from the 80's. But I can laugh at the same time. Anyway, blue jeans ripped at the knees!

PiP is a classic, and I have seen it. I was just a little too young to have liked Molly Ringwald. But I remember her well enough. Clueless was my era. Wasn't that from the early/mid 90's? Loved it. Some kind of wonderful is a sleeper for me too. I think my favourite popular 80's movies were ones like Ghostbusters (I had the tshirt), The Goonies, Gremlins, Back to the future, Dream a little dream (Oh, I love that movie so much. 'Stars shining bright above you - Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you" - Birds singin' in the sycamore trees - Dream a little dream of me'), The Lost boys..

Ok, now I have to find all of these. :naughty:

But, yes. Blue jeans, ripped at the knees. :das: