The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh, what's the play about, what's your role?

Hi OKD !

Ummm ... well, it's not a play as such ... it's a comedy night, & I'm playing a character who is an EXTREMELY upper class British woman who is describing the 'joys' of fox hunting ! (not me AT ALL !!)

It's a monologue with ALOT of words ... :aah: ... 'tis verra funny , dark & rooooood !! :blush-anim-cl:

We have had to put MA15+ on the poster ... coarse language etc. :wink2:

Anyway ... still lot's of work to do on it ! :thumb_yello:

Hiya SD & Suzanne ! :bye:

Oh Twatty....

I have two words for you.

Red Bull.

Seems like you really did put in some hard work and studying after all. Too bad its all crammed. I hope the information overload continues to fire the synapses in your brain retaining all the info long enough for you to get it down on the exam paper. :blink: Will be thinking about you. And when you crash on Thursday, just don't forget to wake up for your 21st! I hope your birthday surprises include passing marks.

I drink 'V' Black - it has the taurine and caffeine that Red Bull has but it also has guarana. It's what kept me up all night. I have another 3 cans sitting on my desk.

I did indeed put in some hard work but I think it was too little too late.

The exam was hideous. Truly hideous. Whether I pass or fail I'm just glad that 3 hours is over.

P.S. :bye: @ the internet addicted GCers.

Edited by SuperTwat

Ahh brilliant! Have you written any blogs yet? :naughty: It's relatively self explanatory I think, hurry up and write a blog!

I'm not very computer literate. Actually that's a lie. I am relatively computer literate, but I'm doing something else at the moment. I'll write a blog when I'm ready and have thought of something to write about.

Any suggestions?

Hiya SD & Suzanne ! :bye:

Hello!

I drink 'V' Black - it has the taurine and caffeine that Red Bull has but it also has guarana. It's what kept me up all night. I have another 3 cans sitting on my desk.

The exam was hideous. Truly hideous. Whether I pass or fail I'm just glad that 3 hours is over.

P.S. :bye: @ the internet addicted GCers.

Oh Twatty !! At least you have survived !! Exams ARE freakin' hideous !! They just should be outlawed IMO ... I much prefer the 'assess as you go' method ... but ... YAY for you ! :thumb_yello:

Hi OKD !

Ummm ... well, it's not a play as such ... it's a comedy night, & I'm playing a character who is an EXTREMELY upper class British woman who is describing the 'joys' of fox hunting ! (not me AT ALL !!)

It's a monologue with ALOT of words ... 'tis verra funny , dark & rooooood !!

We have had to put MA15+ on the poster ... coarse language etc.

Anyway ... still lot's of work to do on it !

Ahh, sounds awesome. I'm jealous of who gets to see it. *hints at youtubes:fisch:*

Ahh, that sucks, was a lot of it multiple choice at least? Do you stand a chance? :naughty:

I'm not very computer literate. Actually that's a lie. I am relatively computer literate, but I'm doing something else at the moment. I'll write a blog when I'm ready and have thought of something to write about.

Any suggestions?

:roftl:

Well ... hmm ... :das:? :naughty:

Kewl necklace OKD !! Not much into chockies myself but ... great score !

Have fun at the movies !!

Blasphemy!!! But yes, a great score, they should have been like $10-15, and I didn't pay for them either :naughty: Thankfully my dad is incapable of passing by good scores.

*random post whore* :naughty:

I was just amusing myself in other ways because no one was here (and then you all suddenly appeared :sneaky2:) (aka: looking at the pictures thread on the Kooks forum), when I was forced to let out a most ridiculous snort of laughter :naughty:

kooks297.jpg

Luke looks like he's five.

ahh i think he looks cute. i LOVEDDDD his hair back then. wowww it was so nice

are you kidding me he looks like a cockatiel there

:lmfao: That has to be pretty much the funniest comparison ever. But he actually DOES look like a cockatiel ... making it all the more hilarious.

Oh Twatty !! At least you have survived !! Exams ARE freakin' hideous !! They just should be outlawed IMO ... I much prefer the 'assess as you go' method ... but ... YAY for you ! :thumb_yello:

I agree. This exam is worth 80% of my mark for the subject so it's a lot of pressure to ride one assessment.

Ahh, that sucks, was a lot of it multiple choice at least? Do you stand a chance? :naughty:

No multiple choice - it was the kind of questions that you either know how to do your you don't, not much room for BS-ing. It was lengthy calculations to find optimum values for characteristics for a drug, then designing drug molecules and their synthesis pathways based on those values, then rationalising it, then evaluating it based on statistics. You not only have to know all the formulas you need to know what they mean and what their results mean and how to apply them. Seriously seriously seriously evil stuff. But if I pass the subject I'll never have to see this stuff again because I do not plan to go into pharmaceutical research. :boxed:

I agree. This exam is worth 80% of my mark for the subject so it's a lot of pressure to ride one assessment.

No multiple choice - it was the kind of questions that you either know how to do your you don't, not much room for BS-ing. It was lengthy calculations to find optimum values for characteristics for a drug, then designing drug molecules and their synthesis pathways based on those values, then rationalising it, then evaluating it based on statistics. You not only have to know all the formulas you need to know what they mean and what their results mean and how to apply them. Seriously seriously seriously evil stuff. But if I pass the subject I'll never have to see this stuff again because I do not plan to go into pharmaceutical research. :boxed:

:aah::boxed: Oh Twatty ... how hard & awful & unfair !!! Makes me really mad ! My dad was a teacher & so is my b/f ... he & I were just talking about it ... the system is just ****ing wrong !! Young ppl are just not built for this type of pressure ... :no: .... at least a mature age student has had a few years break & can be there of their choosing ... :blink:

EDIT : What would you do with your pass ?? :blink:

:roftl:

Well ... hmm ... :das:? :naughty:

I don't think so. :naughty:

:lmfao: That has to be pretty much the funniest comparison ever. But he actually DOES look like a cockatiel ... making it all the more hilarious.

Hang on.. Luke is the singer, right?

What's the redhead's name again?

:shocked: That's insane.

Ahh, sounds awesome. I'm jealous of who gets to see it. *hints at youtubes:fisch:*

Blasphemy!!! But yes, a great score, they should have been like $10-15, and I didn't pay for them either :naughty: Thankfully my dad is incapable of passing by good scores.

:shocked: Youtube ???!!! NO WAY !!!

Honestly, remember I mentioned the words 'rooooood' & coarse language ??

You would never see me here again !!! :shocked:

Whereas the audience I am performing to are relatively savvy & safe ! :wink2:

But yeah ... 'twould be fun to share w/ some of you guys ... :naughty:

:boxed: Oh Twatty ... how hard & awful & unfair !!! Makes me really mad ! My dad was a teacher & so is my b/f ... he & I were just talking about it ... the system is just ****ing wrong !! Young ppl are just not built for this type of pressure ... :no: .... at least a mature age student has had a few years break & can be there of their choosing ... :blink:

EDIT : What would you do with your pass ?? :blink:

I agree. I do think that exams/tests/quizzes have their place - they're sometimes the only ways to assess some things - but using them as a sole or main form of assessment isn't the best way to teach people things for the long-term. In the end we just cram to pass the exam but it's forgotten soon after.

Well it's a compulsory subject (actually all of my subjects are compulsory - we don't have electives/choices) so I need to pass it to continue with my degree.

:shocked: That's insane.

Yeah. Hence why this is my second time doing this subject and I'm still finding it hard to pass. :thumbdown:

There's extra pressure this time, though, because if you fail a subject twice you need to face the academic progress committe and explain to them why and why you should be allowed to continue your degree. :boxed:

EW! :boxed: Eurgh, that is soo ****. Sorry. I hope you don't have to do it again.

I don't think so.

Psht!

Hang on.. Luke is the singer, right?

What's the redhead's name again?

Yes, Luke is the singer (aka, the brown haired one that looks like a five year old cockatiel in that picture). The redhead is Hugh, the guitarist and the dark haired one is Paul the drummer :naughty:

:shocked: Youtube ???!!! NO WAY !!!

Honestly, remember I mentioned the words 'rooooood' & coarse language ??

You would never see me here again !!!

Whereas the audience I am performing to are relatively savvy & safe !

But yeah ... 'twould be fun to share w/ some of you guys ...

Awww! Well you have two choices then - a private showing, or an uploading to somewhere more private than youtube :naughty:

I agree. I do think that exams/tests/quizzes have their place - they're sometimes the only ways to assess some things - but using them as a sole or main form of assessment isn't the best way to teach people things for the long-term. In the end we just cram to pass the exam but it's forgotten soon after.

Well it's a compulsory subject (actually all of my subjects are compulsory - we don't have electives/choices) so I need to pass it to continue with my degree.

Yeah exactly, I don't remember anything from exams :blink: Assignments are quite good for learning things properly and then remembering/understanding them. Tests/quizzes are good for seeing how well you know stuff throughout the year, but exams are pointless.

Yeah. Hence why this is my second time doing this subject and I'm still finding it hard to pass.

Yuck :boxed:

Yes, Luke is the singer (aka, the brown haired one that looks like a five year old cockatiel in that picture). The redhead is Hugh, the guitarist and the dark haired one is Paul the drummer :naughty:

Okay. I'll have forgotten all of this by tomorrow, but thanks for telling me. :naughty:

Okay, so I've finally chosen a layout thing for the blog that I think is okay. This may take a while to actually get right.

Okay. I'll have forgotten all of this by tomorrow, but thanks for telling me. :naughty:

:roftl: It's okay, I'll happily recite whenever you please :naughty:

Okay, so I've finally chosen a layout thing for the blog that I think is okay. This may take a while to actually get right.

:roftl: Well done!

Also Oakie Doke, may I please have the link to your blog? It may give me some ideas for writing.

Because I'm such an inspirational genius? Why of course! biance.wordpress.com

Awww! Well you have two choices then - a private showing, or an uploading to somewhere more private than youtube :naughty:

:aah: You are forgetting the 3rd choice .... no showing at all !!:wink2:

But ... if you ever see it ... it would have to be at the place I am actually performing it (preferable) orrrr ... a private showing ... *zhhz* :naughty:

I've started writing!

Thanks!

Brilliant! *waits in anticipation*

(That link doesn't even work I realised :naughty:)

:aah: You are forgetting the 3rd choice .... no showing at all !!:wink2:

But ... if you ever see it ... it would have to be at the place I am actually performing it (preferable) orrrr ... a private showing ... *zhhz* :naughty:

Psht, whatever, as if that's a choice :hmph:

Orrrr a private showing ... online! :cheerful_h4h: