The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

I got scared so I went back and checked it now. :naughty: It does indeed, and it causes vitamin deficiencies like vitamin D and folate, and decreases insulin release, which all seems pretty random to me. :blink:

Will it help you remember, now that you've discussed it with us?:naughty:

So I wonder if it gives anyone diabetes-like symptoms? You know, like with steroid-induced diabetes? Although the mechanism for that occurring is different I think.

And that's what I was trying to get at Suzy... Once I'd been nursing for a while it helps to have real actual patients that I could think of... but to have been nursing for a while, I had to already have passed my exams...:thumbdown:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New blog! :wink2:

Note: You may find it extremely boring.

I thought you meant a new Mika blog and I thought it was a bit harsh of you to say it was extremely boring... Then I realised you were being self-effacing about your own blog:naughty:

Will it help you remember, now that you've discussed it with us?:naughty:

So I wonder if it gives anyone diabetes-like symptoms? You know, like with steroid-induced diabetes? Although the mechanism for that occurring is different I think.

And that's what I was trying to get at Suzy... Once I'd been nursing for a while it helps to have real actual patients that I could think of... but to have been nursing for a while, I had to already have passed my exams...:thumbdown:

I might remember some of the phenytoin side effects now because I've discussed them but alas there are another 79 to go. :rolls_eyes:

I wondered about that too. The lecture notes mention glucose intolerance but not diabetes but I assume it'd have the same effect on a diabetic. I would look it up in my trusty Rang and Dale's "Pharmacology" but since I'm only looking to pass the exam I can't be bothered. I have other drugs to think about. :blink:

I might remember some of the phenytoin side effects now because I've discussed them but alas there are another 79 to go. :rolls_eyes:

I wondered about that too. The lecture notes mention glucose intolerance but not diabetes but I assume it'd have the same effect on a diabetic. I would look it up in my trusty Rang and Dale's "Pharmacology" but since I'm only looking to pass the exam I can't be bothered. I have other drugs to think about. :blink:

Fair enough:naughty:

Same here. What helps me sometimes is to attach meaning by relating whatever it is, to a person I know.

So maybe 'hirsutism' would remind me of a colleague at work and make me wonder if the hairs on her chin are due to her taking the 'phenytoin' to help with seizures. (My imagination can be quite awful, I know). Anyhoo, I don't know if I'd be able to imagine 80 people from my RL anyway.

Haha, I find I can only remember things I have discussed/made a joke about with someone. I can geniusly remember the cow breeds now, and also that the Order Platyhelminthes is flat worms, because they are flat like a platypuses beak.

I thought you meant a new Mika blog and I thought it was a bit harsh of you to say it was extremely boring... Then I realised you were being self-effacing about your own blog:naughty:

:lmfao:

*hopes phenytoin is in your exam*

:roftl:

I came in here to say goodnight... It may take me a few more minutes to actually leave but.... :bye:

Goodnight! :wub2:

It's times like these that I really don't like time differences. Barack Obama is going to be sworn in at midday (American time) but that's at 4am (NSW time). I can't stay up that late!

I suppose I'll see it repeatedly on the TV tomorrow.

Agree SD ! I do sometimes stay up that late ... (as you know :blush-anim-cl:) ... but I am very much trying NOT to ... hopefully I will be in bed before then ... I guess I'll catch it tomorrow too ! :thumb_yello:

G'night to all ! :wub2::bye:

G'night, HK.

It's 2am and I have 15 lectures done, 9 to go. Then I have to go over them all again. No rest for the wicked.

:shocked: Oh Twatty .... :tears: ... it really does hurt me to feel/imagine you having to go through this ... as you know, this system really pisses me off !! Grrrrrrrr ... well, ... what to say ... but ... pls. don't get so stressed that you end up becoming sick from it all !! :no:

:huglove:

British India are playing at the Australia day skyworks (with all the bogans and drunkards) and me and my friend were going to go.

... until I came up with the genius idea of going to one of their two country shows instead! So we are totally going to Bunbury this weekend! Just came up with it now! My friend is working until midday Friday and then has Saturday and Sunday off and the show is on Saturday night, so we might leave Saturday morning or Friday afternoon for more adventure time. But I'm kind of trying to save again, so that'll probably depend on if we decide to go for the $26 backpackers or the $10 camping.

I'm so excited! I don't love British India or anything, but they were good live, and I am SO bored with my boring doing-nothing life, AND I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT GOING ON A SPONTANEOUS RANDOM ADVENTURE!!!!! :woot_jump:

And then we MIGHT still go to the skyworks show (and leave before the fireworks to avoid most of the drunkards) if we are still on a British India high, seeing as it IS a free show anyway :naughty:

Exactly. There's something seriously wrong with Silver :naughty:*

:sneaky2: There's nothing wrong with me at all. :insane:

Ew :boxed: Those acronym things sooo don't work for me. My brain just doesn't work like that :naughty:

:fisch: no comment

G'night, HK.

It's 2am and I have 15 lectures done, 9 to go. Then I have to go over them all again. No rest for the wicked.

Oh ST, I thought you were more organised than this.

But good luck :thumb_yello:

You can do it! (maybe not the going through them all again bit though :naughty:) When is the exam?

2.30pm but I have to leave the house at 12pm. Still working. I need a caffeine IV drip. :hypo:

Oh ST, I thought you were more organised than this.

But good luck :thumb_yello:

A general rule: the Mikamites are slackers. Once in a blue moon, with enough pressure, the least slack of the slackers (usually Bec) will get something done. :bonk:

2.30pm but I have to leave the house at 12pm. Still working. I need a caffeine IV drip. :hypo:

A general rule: the Mikamites are slackers. Once in a blue moon, with enough pressure, the least slack of the slackers (usually Bec) will get something done. :bonk:

I'm afraid I haven't got a caffeine IV (only Baileys :naughty:)