The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

Btw, I've always wondered: what's veterinary pharmacology like? Considering the fact that you have all those species differences? Do you go into each species as in-depth as you would for humans?

Nah - just different sizes of pill :naughty:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By popular (ish) demand, here is my speech translated into (mostly) English with the help of an online translator.

I am supposed to do a speech to have, but I have again some minutes. I will do it later -- Oh. Is there not of later? Is this my turn already? Fortunately that I finished some at two o'clock in the morning, then! Dear judges, dear parents, dear professors, and dear friends; The word 'procrastinateur' has a distinctly negative connotation. One thinks about a procrastinateur as a person that does not be concerned with its important works, and that never does an effort. But this is not automatically true. A procrastinateur this is not sure paresseux—bien that no! Lazy quelqu’un, this is quelqu’un without motivation that expects of other people to do its spots. On the other side, a procrastinateur this is a person that appreciates the Fact that, in this moment, there is something that she would have faire…mais she does not want really. There is so many something else to which ones she has itself occuper…et for her, this is not a problem. She goes itself to occupy some. But, that THAT is which happening to his duty? That goes. She did not forget it. She is feels in security knowing that she can do it more tard—même when it seems than it not there some has. A procrastinateur knows how to use hours that, for other quelqu’un, in fact would not exist. Give them a minute, and they there will find hours. Then, instead of a bad habit, me I prefer of some to consider rather as an art form. Everyone can do it, but for some, this is not easy. Those that always do their works at least two days before the date limit would say that it is impossible to do something else with the guilt that weighs heavy above his head... it is necessary the voucher mixes optimism and reality escape, then one can go has the party Saturday evening while knowing that one can begin his project of research Sunday and to return it again. It often is said that to procrastinate, that pays only with anxiety. Oui—mais when the anxiety is inflicted by oneself, it has not anybody to criticize and therefore this is a little easier to take. And it is excellent for CVs—on always can say that one 'works well under pressure' for one works only under pressure. Indeed, I even did a list of the first 10 reasons why one should procrastinate... 1.

Oh. Eum, indeed, I did not create this list. ..finalement I did a list de10 things of more important one than I had to do to the place, as. ..peinturer my nails, or let the cat brush... This is not that I cannot manage my time. The reason why I write this speech at two o'clock in the morning this is because I win inspiration by the experience. Everyone says me always that I more better should manage the time than I am given, but to put back the things to the last minute, is the manner of which I work. It is difficult for me to do it even more difficult différemment…et to explain me to all the responsible and organized adults that say me always to put back that early, to do a plan of how I will do this, to create lists of 'things to do', to decide what will be my trade for that I can apply early to universités…la guilt attains me sometimes to After all, the remainder of my vie…mais with a decision as that, I want nothing to dispatch. It is necessary for me time to discover what really I want faire…et I have time. I always have time. Ahh, but so only to procrastinate, the thing that I do the better, this was a career payée…je can imagine the slogan: "You pay us aujourd’hui, we do your work tomorrow!" This is not a cursed idea, in fact. Maybe I the développerai…mais not now. I will do it tomorrow.

Very funny, as far as I could make it out, and even more so for the "picturesque speech" that the online translator spits out the other side!

Hello all!!!!

This is our last GC post. We've bought postcards. They will arrive after we're home!!

We took a daytrip to NSW. Tweed Heads. Took border shots. there will be more reportage once we get home as we have been keeping tabs on our activities,,

DC and I just got our piercings. My nose, his eyebrow.

Now we enjoy our last nioght of craziness,, oh, and there's a damikez song,, *zhhz*

:huglove: to all :bye:

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Safe travelling.

But that's exactly the point! I had a freaking interesting life for a month and a half and for the past week I have done completely nothing. I have no job, no school, no nothing to do at all but sit around and do nothing.

Ah but the show will surely be on the waterfront where all the drunken bogans accumulate. The last time I went to the skyworks was like 6 years ago (because my dad is obsessive about fireworks) and there were drunkards everywhere and the traffic was revolting for leaving. But I have seen advertisements on the trains for public transport to the skyworks so that might be an option.

If I'd had that much excitement for a month and a half, I'd be dining out on it for six months! (If you don't understand the expression I'll explain later.)

I'd forgotten about the show. I don't think there really was one back in my day... Either that, or I didn't care about it. Can't remember.

I completely forgot to mention phenytoin, one of the most prescribed anticonvulsants, in a question asking about the different ways in which anticonvulsants work.

I think I screwed up the essay component (see above re: forgetting to mention phenytoin). The multiple-choice component was even worse, though, everything sounded the same (I kept on confusing receptor types like D1, D2, D3 and D4, 5-HT1A, 5-HT2A, 5-HT2C, etc. especially when they have different effects on the same neurotransmitter and are therefore implicated in different diseases and have different drugs targeting them).

One more exam tomorrow. One more all-nighter ft. studying statistics. Then tomorrow 5pm I shut down my brain for 3 weeks. :mf_rosetinted:

It sounds bloody awful ST. All the best for the last all nighter. I hope when you shut your brain down, that doesn't include the MFC?:wink2:

Oh so that's why I've yet to hear you complain about pharmacology. :naughty: I think it's a universally hated subject (there are exceptions that like it but they're freaks :mf_rosetinted:).

I enjoyed pharmacology, but only cos it was only taught to a nurse's level. It wasn't that complicated. If I sat down and looked at a MIMS (the big thick ones they (used to?) have on the wards, not the little paperback version at the doctor's office), I used to skip all the stuff about how and why it did what it did and get straight to the stuff I wanted to know, like side-effects, dosages, contra-indications, drug interactions, half-lifes, routes of administration etc etc.:naughty:

To be honest I don't think the UMAT is about testing out how smart you are - yeah it examines things like your logical reasoning and your ability to relate to people which are important for the health sciences but really I think it's just to make selection easier for the selection officers because they get so many applicants.

Haha, this must be the answer to the entry score thing then. Vet schools are too lazy to do this so they just accept the highest scoring of the applicants :naughty:

Well who knows, you might be one of the freaks who enjoys pharmacology, we'll have to wait and see.

Well I am one of the very few freaks who enjoy anatomy. And despise physiology, so if it's anything like physiology then I think it's safe to say I will despise it. (And I'm pretty sure it does fall under physiology because I was just looking and pharmacology appears to be the unit I don't do until next year because it has Physiology II as a prerestiquite :naughty:)

Let us know if you're in the cut and if so make a huge screencap somehow.

You know I will. Although only once it becomes available for download, because that movie really doesn't interest me at all.

But we did get on Today Tonight when they did a story about the filming of that movie :cheerful_h4h: I have it on video.

I do so love the work of online translators. Any language you like turned into fluent gibberish .

:lmfao:

Nah - just different sizes of pill

:lmfao:

If I'd had that much excitement for a month and a half, I'd be dining out on it for six months! (If you don't understand the expression I'll explain later.)

I'd forgotten about the show. I don't think there really was one back in my day... Either that, or I didn't care about it. Can't remember.

If I had that much excitement for a month it would make my boring normal life seem even more boring in comparison. Oh look at that, it did :naughty:

I don't think they had one when I last went either, but I was like 12 and that was probably the same time as you :naughty:

Sorry, I haven't obsessively uploaded them all or anything, and photobucket hates me and freezes when I try to use multi-upload, so it's kinda unlikely to happen :naughty: Um, we could burn you a cd or something? :smth:

Burning a cd works...I can get them off there.

Does Tan have any uploaded anywhere?

How is the GC gang??? Bored enough to be online I see??? C'mon it's the Gold Coast, there are trillions of things to do!! We will all be here when you get back AFTER the GC trip.:wink2:

Not bored... just got to keep you people from missing us too much

[quote name='englishrose;2078167

Is the change in climate (?) making you pee every 5 minutes or something??

Maybe :fisch:

A general rule: the Mikamites are slackers. Once in a blue moon' date=' with enough pressure, the least slack of the slackers (usually Bec) will get something done. :bonk:[/color']

And even that is a miracle

*wonders if her suitcase will be unpacked before she has to repack it to go visit her mum*

Hello all. I am home now, slightly depressed its all over, exhausted and afraid to start going through the million and one photos.

A report (ft spotlight stealing own thread) will be posted eventually.. its saved on my laptop, just need to get around to it.

I also need to consider unpacking and changing my bed sheets (which needs to be done before I can pass out in them) but the new couches dad brought while I was away are far too comfy to move from.

Holiday mode will be forced to end Saturday with a 7am start at work *sighs* back to the real world.

But I can pretend for a little longer

Hello all. I am home now, slightly depressed its all over, exhausted and afraid to start going through the million and one photos.

A report (ft spotlight stealing own thread) will be posted eventually.. its saved on my laptop, just need to get around to it.

I also need to consider unpacking and changing my bed sheets (which needs to be done before I can pass out in them) but the new couches dad brought while I was away are far too comfy to move from.

Holiday mode will be forced to end Saturday with a 7am start at work *sighs* back to the real world.

Welcome home Becs :huglove:

Done! Exams are over! Finished! Completed! Gone! And every other possible way of saying 'done'. :groovy:

I have a week or two of relief until I get my marks and worry about facing the academic progress board. :boxed:

I enjoyed pharmacology, but only cos it was only taught to a nurse's level. It wasn't that complicated. If I sat down and looked at a MIMS (the big thick ones they (used to?) have on the wards, not the little paperback version at the doctor's office), I used to skip all the stuff about how and why it did what it did and get straight to the stuff I wanted to know, like side-effects, dosages, contra-indications, drug interactions, half-lifes, routes of administration etc etc.

Unfortunately pharmacology is a big part of my job, we do something like 6 times the amount of pharmacology than medical degrees. :insane: The compensating factor is that we don't have to do as much anatomy or primary care.

Well I am one of the very few freaks who enjoy anatomy. And despise physiology, so if it's anything like physiology then I think it's safe to say I will despise it. (And I'm pretty sure it does fall under physiology because I was just looking and pharmacology appears to be the unit I don't do until next year because it has Physiology II as a prerestiquite :naughty:)

You liked anatomy? :shocked: Well that might mean you're good at rote learning so you may have the drug name part of pharmacology down pat but yeah it's also similar to physiology because you also have to understand the processes involved.

Since when did you need a brain for the MFC? :naughty:

Good point. :naughty:

Welcome home, Bec!

Burning a cd works...I can get them off there.

Does Tan have any uploaded anywhere?

I don't know, don't think so.

Welcome back! :naughty:

Done! Exams are over! Finished! Completed! Gone! And every other possible way of saying 'done'.

Well done! :naughty:

Unfortunately pharmacology is a big part of my job, we do something like 6 times the amount of pharmacology than medical degrees. The compensating factor is that we don't have to do as much anatomy or primary care.

Oh yeah, good point. It must suck to be you :naughty:

You liked anatomy? :shocked: Well that might mean you're good at rote learning so you may have the drug name part of pharmacology down pat but yeah it's also similar to physiology because you also have to understand the processes involved.

I wouldn't say I'm good at it, but it's my only method (aka, cramming) and cramming/rote learnign is actually possible with anatomy, no understanding neccessary :cheerful_h4h:

I just got my power back after having absolutely nothing to do all afternoon. All because of a 30-second crazy storm.

Welcome back Bec!

Ooooh, that would have sucked. :naughty:

I've been slowly cleaning my room yesterday/today. And then this afternoon I went to uni to see my academic advisor and he wasn't there (because I went at 4 because I'm lazy and he'd already gone home :naughty:) So now I have to go tomorrow monring and be back before my appointment in rockingham at 12.30, so I have to get up early :boxed: But instead of being frustrated about going all the way to uni for no reason I went to the city and spent far too much at JB hifi :cheerful_h4h:

Welcome home Becs :huglove:

Done! Exams are over! Finished! Completed! Gone! And every other possible way of saying 'done'. :groovy:

Welcome home, Bec!

Welcome back Bec!

Welcome back! :naughty:

[/color]

Thanks everyone...

The others should be all back as well... their probably just smarter and catching up on sleep.

Congrats on finishing exams Twatty

And I've just been told that apparently I need to wash dishes (since the others just washed some then) and that we're going camping this weekend *makes tired noises*

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys! I'm going to Merimbula/Tura Beach tomorrow at around 3pm and I'll be back on Monday (when I'll only have two more days of holidays!).

Yeah right bec. Im stuck in bathurst till 9.35. Orange is only 40 min drive but cause the bus stops and practically every stop between here and orange i wont get home till 10.50

Argh, that sucks. :thumbdown:

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys! I'm going to Merimbula/Tura Beach tomorrow at around 3pm and I'll be back on Monday (when I'll only have two more days of holidays!).

Have fun! I quite like Merimbula and its nearby towns, it's been years since I was last there but it was really lovely.

Have fun! I quite like Merimbula and its nearby towns, it's been years since I was last there but it was really lovely.

:shocked: SD !!! Merimbula is literally ONE HOURS DRIVE from my home !!!!!

Come & do a day trip to my town ??!! It is absolutely beautiful & a really picturesque drive ! Aww ... this is verra exciting !! :cheerful_h4h:

Hello All !! :bye: