The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

:shocked: SD !!! Merimbula is literally ONE HOURS DRIVE from my home !!!!!

Come & do a day trip to my town ??!! It is absolutely beautiful & a really picturesque drive ! Aww ... this is verra exciting !! :cheerful_h4h:

Aww, I wish I could! We'll probably all be too busy celebrating my Grandpa's 80th birthday, the new baby cousin and Australia Day. But when we get there I'll be thinking "I'm one hour away from happikali at the moment!" :wub2:

Anyway, I'd better go to bed.

Na-night everyone!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, I wish I could! We'll probably all be too busy celebrating my Grandpa's 80th birthday, the new baby cousin and Australia Day. But when we get there I'll be thinking "I'm one hour away from happikali at the moment!" :wub2:

Anyway, I'd better go to bed.

Na-night everyone!

Awww ... OK hun ... well, I'll be thinking the same about you ... :wub2:

Goodnight , Sweet Dreams !! :wink2:

I WANT! http://cgi.ebay.com.au/POLAROID-600-INSTANT-CAMERA-EXCELLENT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ300288604787QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_FILM_CAMERAS?hash=item300288604787&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A15%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

(Yes, I have the random urge to own a polaroid camera)

(Which is equally balanced by an urge to own a ukelele)

(These urges have nothing to do with just looking through all of Rob Skipper's facebook pictures :fisch: ... none of which feature ukeleles or polaroids ... :fisch:)

Aww!

OK... Who are the speshul people??:wub2:

Hi Stuckz! :wub2:

This is Paul.

1206285896_f.jpg

Stuckz - Paul, Paul - Stuckz.

Paul is the drummer from the Kooks :cheerful_h4h:

And this is Dan

l_4a7d55658942659bd4ffd0467d6ffd6b.jpg

Dan - Stuckz, Stuckz - Dan.

Dan is the ex-temporary-bassist from The Kooks :original:

Nawww, they say they are very pleased to meet you :cheerful_h4h:

Done! Exams are over! Finished! Completed! Gone! And every other possible way of saying 'done'. :groovy:

Hurray :yay: You can sleep at last :sleep_1:

Can anyone please confirm that my signature is basically the cutest picture ever? :original:

No :tongue2:

On the plus side of the universe I have some chocolate fudge. :

:licks_lips: And I bet you ate it all :sneaky2:

Hi Stuckz! *wub2*

This is Paul.

*http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll134/oakie_doke/1206285896_f.jpg*

Stuckz - Paul, Paul - Stuckz.

Paul is the drummer from the Kooks *cheerful_h4h*

And this is Dan

*http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll134/oakie_doke/l_4a7d55658942659bd4ffd0467d6ffd6b.jpg*

Dan - Stuckz, Stuckz - Dan.

Dan is the ex-temporary-bassist from The Kooks *original*

Nawww, they say they are very pleased to meet you *cheerful_h4h*

Aaw! They're certainly two very speshul Kookies! :cheerful_h4h:

You now have my full approval to date them simultaneously, or alternately, so take ya pick... :naughty:

How I wish I could have Mika, Lars and possibly Chris Dangerous all to mah-self... sigh... :blush-anim-cl:

Paul and Dan... I'm StuckZ! :blush-anim-cl:

I thought you were the speshul one *naughty*
Anyone is speshul as long as I nominate them accordingly... Yes, including you Silvy. :cheerful_h4h:

EDIT: Bianca -- Paul is so MF LUSTSLoooooooW Plus Mario Smiley!! :shocked::mf_lustslow:

Edited by im_stuck_in_the_middle

If I had that much excitement for a month it would make my boring normal life seem even more boring in comparison. Oh look at that, it did

I don't think they had one when I last went either, but I was like 12 and that was probably the same time as you

Actually, the last time I went was probably 1994 or 1995. Before I left Perth, anyhow and that was 1995.

Hello all. I am home now, slightly depressed its all over, exhausted and afraid to start going through the million and one photos.

A report (ft spotlight stealing own thread) will be posted eventually.. its saved on my laptop, just need to get around to it.

I also need to consider unpacking and changing my bed sheets (which needs to be done before I can pass out in them) but the new couches dad brought while I was away are far too comfy to move from.

Holiday mode will be forced to end Saturday with a 7am start at work *sighs* back to the real world.

But I can pretend for a little longer

Hi Bec, Welcome back!

Done! Exams are over! Finished! Completed! Gone! And every other possible way of saying 'done'.

I have a week or two of relief until I get my marks and worry about facing the academic progress board. :boxed:

Unfortunately pharmacology is a big part of my job, we do something like 6 times the amount of pharmacology than medical degrees. :insane: The compensating factor is that we don't have to do as much anatomy or primary care.

Woohoo! for exams being over. Why do you presume you're gonna have to face the academic progress board? You might have done OK, mightn't you?

Just out of curiousity.... How much primary care do you actually do? Are you referring to working in a suburban pharmacy and discussing a customer's medications with them or something else that I'm not thinking of?

And I've just been told that apparently I need to wash dishes (since the others just washed some then) and that we're going camping this weekend *makes tired noises*

I thought you had to work this weekend? Or do you just have that one shift and then you go camping?

Yeah right bec. Im stuck in bathurst till 9.35. Orange is only 40 min drive but cause the bus stops and practically every stop between here and orange i wont get home till 10.50

*waves to Teegs* Hi Teegs!

So almost everyone is back and Twatty is finished exams....all seems right in the universe???:wink2:

*hands out Cadbury Dairy Milk from secret stash in Tokyo*

Ooooh! Cadbury! My favourite!

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys! I'm going to Merimbula/Tura Beach tomorrow at around 3pm and I'll be back on Monday (when I'll only have two more days of holidays!).

We went there for a holiday two years ago in the January holidays. I really like Merimbula.

:shocked: SD !!! Merimbula is literally ONE HOURS DRIVE from my home !!!!!

Come & do a day trip to my town ??!! It is absolutely beautiful & a really picturesque drive ! Aww ... this is verra exciting !! :cheerful_h4h:

Really? What a shame I didn't know you then!

Him?? Noooo:blush-anim-cl:... The MFC is almost our playground, rather than a Mika-shrine... :naughty:

Too true!

I thought you had to work this weekend? Or do you just have that one shift and then you go camping?

!

I do have to work... but its just one morning shift, then I come home, get changed and we hit the road (so I've been told)

Woohoo! for exams being over. Why do you presume you're gonna have to face the academic progress board? You might have done OK, mightn't you?

Just out of curiousity.... How much primary care do you actually do? Are you referring to working in a suburban pharmacy and discussing a customer's medications with them or something else that I'm not thinking of?

Well, I presume that because I'm sure I did badly if not failed. :thumbdown:

I guess it depends on where you work - some community pharmacies place emphasis on counseling, diagnosing basic problems and treating with OTC products and referring to a GP when something more is suspected, health promotion, blood pressure and glucose level monitoring, diet and exercise programs, smoking cessation programs, methadone programs... then there are some community pharmacies that really do none of the above (mainly the 'discount' chains whose emphasis is more on retail). Then there's hospital pharmacy which is more involved in the actual treatment planning, monitoring and managing continuity of care when leaving the hospital including discharge counseling and home visits. Some hospitals are integrating pharmacists more into primary care because it helps lift the burden off doctors and nurses but others are a bit slower in taking this process on. In the long-run it saves time and resources because a large portion of re-admission is misuse, overuse, underuse or abuse of medications. When I did a placement I also realised how much redundancy there is in the hospital admission process - some of the interviewing which triage nurses and ED doctors did was pretty rushed and missed vital points so a pharmacist had to go over and re-do it later. The scariest part, though, was the fact that even though I was a second year student I knew more about medications than a medical intern and there was an ED doctor who didn't understand the difference between oxycodone, morphine and fentanyl. :boxed:

Hello All!! :huglove:

I just caught up on the thread, but MQing would be insanity and even I am not that crazy *points to yahoo serious in mental asylum*

I fell asleep at 7:30pm last night and didn't get up until 10am *pbs*

And yep, I really got my nose pierced.. I'll post a pic soon.

ummmmmmmmmm.. idk what to say.. it's weird being home.. I can't wait until July now.

Hello All!! :huglove:

I just caught up on the thread, but MQing would be insanity and even I am not that crazy *points to yahoo serious in mental asylum*

I fell asleep at 7:30pm last night and didn't get up until 10am *pbs*

And yep, I really got my nose pierced.. I'll post a pic soon.

ummmmmmmmmm.. idk what to say.. it's weird being home.. I can't wait until July now.

What's in July? :blink:

Hello all

I've unpacked now... kind of depressing.

Now I shall go make a report thread of our adventures while I'm online :wink2:

I unpacked last night so that I could give MM her pressies. But I still have to clean up the unpackedness.

And link :das:

What's in July? :blink:

GC attempt #2 :wink2:

I unpacked last night so that I could give MM her pressies. But I still have to clean up the unpackedness.

And link :das:

GC attempt #2 :wink2:

I have a lot of clothes that are on my bed from unpackedness, and more in the washing machine. I have to go through them to pack for camping.

Link coming soon