The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

Ooo, you have Australia day!

*suddenly remembers that most countries have their own day.*

*Remembers what the last year's 10th June holiday was for.*

Oooo!!!! Any celebrashuns??:punk:

I'll be spending Monday indoors where there's air conditioning and no smoke or drunken noise from my neighbours' barbecues. :naughty:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mikamites et. al. (<-- Does that make sense in that context? What does et. al. stand for?)

HOW. HOT. IS. IT.

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Rainbow :huglove:

It's bloody freezing here - minus 6 last night, and it is 0 degrees just

now - at 1pm!!! :boxed:

I'm not a big fan of Australia day, though. The patriotic part is nice but it's also the day that the bogans of my neighbourhood come out in force and don flags and burn meat and chug beer and sing badly. :mf_rosetinted:

Sounds like fun!!!! :roftl::roftl:

Franz. :naughty:

Someone also thought he was Fritz...:roftl:

Ah that's right, I was close!

I'm not a big fan of Australia day, though. The patriotic part is nice but it's also the day that the bogans of my neighbourhood come out in force and don flags and burn meat and chug beer and sing badly. :mf_rosetinted:

Eurgh, exactly.

anybody going to the big day out?

I'm still undecided but favouring towards not because I am poor and have no source of income. But I do so love the Grates.

I'd love that...

image4959kj4.jpg

Is that new? :blink:

And I'll be marching around in a kilt in the morning, then walking around in my swimmers in the afternoon...

Nice way to spend Aussie Day I think...

How fun!! :mf_lustslow:

Is that new? :blink:
Not sure, got it off someone's random photobucket... but doesn't his hair look too big there to be recent? I dunno... :naughty:

Ooo, fun anyway!! :punk:

How were your exams ?? And your birthday ??

:huglove:

My exams were hideous, very nasty, so I have all appendages crossed hoping that I at least scraped a pass. :boxed:

My birthday started off good, turned awful, then ended okay. But it's kind of expected, I've never really had a proper day with my family. :rolls_eyes:

Wait... I'm back..

I just read up on the type of cyst I have...

Dermoid cyst of the ovary : A bizarre tumor, usually benign, in the ovary that typically contains a diversity of tissues including hair, teeth, bone, thyroid, etc.

A dermoid cyst develops from a totipotential germ cell (a primary oocyte) that is retained within the egg sac (ovary). Being totipotential, that cell can give rise to all orders of cells necessary to form mature tissues and often recognizable structures such as hair, bone and sebaceous (oily) material, neural tissue and teeth.

Dermoid cysts may occur at any age but the prime age of detection is in the childbearing years. The average age is 30. Up to 15% of women with ovarian teratomas have them in both ovaries. Dermoid cysts can range in size from a centimeter (less than a half inch) up to 45 cm (about 17 inches) in diameter.

These cysts can cause the ovary to twist (torsion) and imperil its blood supply. The larger the dermoid cyst, the greater the risk of rupture with spillage of the greasy contents which can create problems with adhesions, pain etc. Although the large majority (about 98%) of these tumors are benign, the remaining fraction (about 2%) becomes cancerous (malignant).

Removal of the dermoid cyst is usually the treatment of choice. This can be done by laparotomy (open surgery) or laparoscopy (with a scope). Torsion (twisting) of the ovary by the cyst is an emergency and calls for urgent surgery.

Dermoid cysts of the ovary are also called simply dermoids or ovarian teratomas.

The bold bit might be why the doctor wants to take out the ovary and tube...

I'm going through my closet. Extremely thuroughly. And rather than my usual "sorting into the amount I wear it" (frequently to not at all) I am doing that AND I have a new pile for throwing away and op shopping. Woah. Big step for me. I am a massive hoarder, and especially clothes, I just can't throw away present clothes, even if I never wear them, or ANY clothes for that matter - what if I want to do some painting one day? Or I have a costume party or something? :naughty:

It's quite fun. And of course I am trying every single thing on too. It's so obvious how you can see the phases of styles that I've gone through :naughty: And after trying everything on (well, everything ... I'm only half way yet) some not at all shelf items have avoided the opshop pile and actually made their way onto the sometimes shelf. It's funny how some things I decided to shun years and years ago are now suddenly appealing to me again :naughty:

Wait... I'm back..

I have heard of them, but not known anyone with one before.

Maybe open surgery is the best way to make sure they can tackle

it properly without trying to mess about with tiny cameras etc. Hope

it all goes well when the time comes :huglove:

Okay ladies, I'm gonna head off to bed...

Night all!

G'nigt Teegsy!! :huglove::bye::sleep_1:

See you tomorrow!

My exams were hideous, very nasty, so I have all appendages crossed hoping that I at least scraped a pass. *boxed*

My birthday started off good, turned awful, then ended okay. But it's kind of expected, I've never really had a proper day with my family. *rolls_eyes*

Aaw! My exams didn't go too well either... Physics, Chemistry, Portuguese, the lot... So I guess we can share our suffering then... :naughty:*mf_lustslow*

Oh no, your bday! .. Well, thankfully it turned out okay.. :cheerful_h4h: .. but you deserve the best bday in the world! One day I'll go live down there in Oz and we'll all make it speshul! :original::huglove:

Hello everyone!! :bye::huglove:

Just dropping in. Really not too good atm. Long story, and not going to put it on mfc.. Rozeh, do you want to borrow bananadoodle so you can show mother rozeh what you do with condoms?

How fun!!

Not sure, got it off someone's random photobucket... but doesn't his hair look too big there to be recent? I dunno...

:lmfao:

My exams were hideous, very nasty, so I have all appendages crossed hoping that I at least scraped a pass.

My birthday started off good, turned awful, then ended okay. But it's kind of expected, I've never really had a proper day with my family.

My appendages are crossed too :cheerful_h4h:

Wait wait. *looks at toolbar calander/clock thingy* 24th! It IS your birthday today (and it IS in my time zone :naughty:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :yay:

I have heard of them, but not known anyone with one before.

Maybe open surgery is the best way to make sure they can tackle

it properly without trying to mess about with tiny cameras etc. Hope

it all goes well when the time comes :huglove:

Thanks Wendy...

Not sure if anyone else is actually interested, but thought I'd post it anyways...

G'nigt Teegsy!! :huglove::bye::sleep_1:

See you tomorrow!

Bye StuckZ... Now I'm going...

Just dropping in. Really not too good atm. Long story, and not going to put it on mfc.. Rozeh, do you want to borrow bananadoodle so you can show mother rozeh what you do with condoms?

Awwwww Melz... *pats*

Does it have to do with what was mentioned on MS or not?

And now I really am going to bed now...

:sneaky2: Feel better soon :huglove:

Thanks Wendy...

Not sure if anyone else is actually interested, but thought I'd post it anyways...

Bye StuckZ... Now I'm going...

Awwwww Melz... *pats*

Does it have to do with what was mentioned on MS or not?

And now I really am going to bed now...

Hoopla Teegs! :huglove:

I hope they don't cut anything out without being certain. Really bothers me when doctors decide these things for patients.. I nearly lost my entire bowel that way..

Yep. It's the MS blog. *growls*

Interesting. What was the source of this information? I can see why the cyst, even if benign, could cause problems. It might be good to ask your doctor if that is your case so you can know the urgency of your surgery.

Aaw! My exams didn't go too well either... Physics, Chemistry, Portuguese, the lot... So I guess we can share our suffering then...

Oh no, your bday! .. Well, thankfully it turned out okay.. :cheerful_h4h: .. but you deserve the best bday in the world! One day I'll go live down there in Oz and we'll all make it speshul! :original::huglove:

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that exams were nasty to you too.

Thanks, that's a very sweet sentiment. :cheerful_h4h:

Wait wait. *looks at toolbar calander/clock thingy* 24th! It IS your birthday today (and it IS in my time zone :naughty:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :yay:

Technically I wasn't born until 4-5am January 25th Melbourne time since I was born overseas where it'll still be the 24th then. :naughty:

Aww :sneaky2::huglove: I'll be ok. :wink2: I'll go to bed in a minute.

How are you keeping??

I am trying to keep out of trouble until next Friday when I am meant

to get my flu jag!! I have had to cancel it three times now as I have

been running a fever when I was meant to get it before!!

Sweet dreams my lovely!! :sneaky2::huglove:

Yep. It's the MS blog. *growls*

Aww, don't let it get you down. If that's what he wants to think then that's what he's going to think, you'd be very hard pressed to ever make him change his mind. He's allowed to have his own opinions and as long as he doesn't go ripping peircings out of stranger's faces it's not really doing any harm :smth:

Technically I wasn't born until 4-5am January 25th Melbourne time since I was born overseas where it'll still be the 24th then. :naughty:

Um .... *is now confused* ..... happy birthday! :cheerful_h4h: What did you get? :biggrin2:

wowza...dunno about the size/numbers of cysts you may have but..

I had a dermoid cyst too & I got removed only that with a laparoscopic surgery...for prevention yep they said

{twas like a lil ball of hair&skin with some teeth in it eeew}

Ouch! *hugs* I had a tumour in my womb removed years ago. It was the size of a tennis ball and had deveolped from a miscarriage.. those wombs are weird business indeed.

I am trying to keep out of trouble until next Friday when I am meant

to get my flu jag!! I have had to cancel it three times now as I have

been running a fever when I was meant to get it before!!

Sweet dreams my lovely!! :sneaky2::huglove:

I hope you feel good soon. We've been sending you virtual sunshine!!! :huglove:

Aww, don't let it get you down. If that's what he wants to think then that's what he's going to think, you'd be very hard pressed to ever make him change his mind. He's allowed to have his own opinions and as long as he doesn't go ripping peircings out of stranger's faces it's not really doing any harm :smth:

By replying in detail to you I'm basically going to have to explain.. but it's in my blog and I don't feel like repeating the incident.. so let me just say that he is narrow minded and judgmental and happens to be a very nasty person sometimes.. He may not rip the piercings out of peoples faces, but he showed extreme distaste at my nose piercing to the point he implied it was slutty... He just should've shut up after "I personally don't like piercings" to which I replied "lucky it's not on your nose then." But he had to go on and insult me and alot of my friends in one sentence. :thumbdown:

FFS I'm 31.