The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, it's a bit more collage-y than last years one. I'll take some photos of it tomorrow for you.

Yes, I'm turning 17. So is everybody else in year 11.. :naughty:

Perhaps it's different, depending on which state you go to school in.

Okay!

Really?? :blink: But ... we turn 17 in year 12 here. You should have moved to WA, you'd finish school a year earlier :naughty:

I'm going to try and go to sleep. I may return unsuccessful.

Na-night!

Night! Good luck!

I want to gooo to a festival, well, I want to go to ALL these festivals, but I can't afford that, and I can't decide :crybaby:

BDO - $200~ (It's sold out, so ebay price)- 1st Feb - The Grates, Little Red

Laneway - $97 – 6th Feb - Architecture in Helsinki

Rock It - $99 – 8th March – Fratellis, Faker

V festival - $139 – 5th April – Kaiser Chiefs

West Coast Blues and Roots - $119 – 18th April – JBT, Bob Evans, Little Red

I don't knooooow!

Ooooh, I've come up with an idea!

The Grates, Little Red, AIH, the Fratellis, Faker, the Kaiser Chiefs, JBT, Bob Evans, The Kooks and Mika should all do a free festival on the 5th of February. Yes. That'd be nice.

*adds to list*

Bianca's Fantastic Birthday Festival - $0 - 5th February - The Grates, Little Red, AIH, the Fratellis, Faker, the Kaiser Chiefs, JBT, Bob Evans, The Kooks, Mika

*picks that one* :wub2:

The Grates, Little Red, AIH, the Fratellis, Faker, the Kaiser Chiefs, JBT, Bob Evans, The Kooks and Mika should all do a free festival on the 5th of February. Yes. That'd be nice.

*adds to list*

Bianca's Fantastic Birthday Festival - $0 - 5th February - The Grates, Little Red, AIH, the Fratellis, Faker, the Kaiser Chiefs, JBT, Bob Evans, The Kooks, Mika

*buys tickets*

*adds Rod Thomas & The Holloways*

*runs off again before Bianca can chase her out*

If I dare say - the Chiefs are GOOD and V Festival will be perfectly organised (I guess). I went to V and things were perfect - Reading / Leeds and the Wirless Festival were incredibky **** regarding all sorts of infrastructural and service facilitis :boxed:. But it IS fricking expensive. Hm.

*buys tickets*

*adds Rod Thomas & The Holloways*

*runs off again before Bianca can chase her out*

If I dare say - the Chiefs are GOOD and V Festival will be perfectly organised (I guess). I went to V and things were perfect - Reading / Leeds and the Wirless Festival were incredibly **** regarding all sorts of infrastructural and service facilities :boxed:. But it IS fricking expensive. Hm.

*is happy with the second round line up announcement* :cheerful_h4h:

Yes, but $140 to see them at a well organised festival? :boxed:

Okay!

Really?? :blink: But ... we turn 17 in year 12 here. You should have moved to WA, you'd finish school a year earlier :naughty:

Night! Good luck!

I want to gooo to a festival, well, I want to go to ALL these festivals, but I can't afford that, and I can't decide :crybaby:

BDO - $200~ (It's sold out, so ebay price)- 1st Feb - The Grates, Little Red

Laneway - $97 – 6th Feb - Architecture in Helsinki

Rock It - $99 – 8th March – Fratellis, Faker

V festival - $139 – 5th April – Kaiser Chiefs

West Coast Blues and Roots - $119 – 18th April – JBT, Bob Evans, Little Red

I don't knooooow!

Hi Biancs ! West Coast Blues & Roots will have the biggest & most amazing line-up .... :groovy: .... IMO .... :wink2:

*adds to list*

That would be nice!! :punk:

Oooh and guess what I'm doing on the 4th of February? :biggrin2:

Celebrating your youth?

An interview at Cannington Vet Hospital for a live in position! :groovy:That is so freaking perfect, Cannington is EXTREMELY close to uni. But of course because of this level of perfection this means half the vet school will be applying for it, but I do have a year of experience so that should be an advantage.

Any idea how many people got an interview? Whoop! Whoop! You'll do it! :wub2:

And also, I got a bunch of stuff in the mail today :groovy: A package from Petra, a letter from Petra and a post card from GC! All at once!

*pbs* See how much we love you! Strange thing that I sent them off on different days :blink:.

Here are some more photos of my updated room, spot the differences!

IMG_0713.jpg

Rod Thomas. Easy. :woot_jump:

(And Hugh and Luke and Paul and Hugh *faints* *massively fangirls*)

Yes, but $140 to see them at a well organised festival? :boxed:

Ah but V festival here and V festival there are verry verra different... I don't know if you would call our V fest well organised or not

IMG_0715.jpg

He is so ridiculously hot and handsome. Wow. I'm waiting for film 3 & 4 :cheerful_h4h:.

IMG_0716.jpg

Ah! I see :cheerful_h4h:

Yes' date=' but $140 to see them at a well organised festival? :boxed:[/quote']

Nope, it's far too expensive! I think it was 170 pounds in the UK (fantastic line up though). Hm. Rock it?

Ah but V festival here and V festival there are verry verra different... I don't know if you would call our V fest well organised or not

True! I was just amazed by it! They had a free bus service from the station to the site and bus services back (I had to walk in Reading and it wasnt really close) and so much more of that convenience service stuff! No idea if they do this everywhere though :smth:.

anyways I got back from the beach not long ago (at 10pm, we decided it would be a good idea to go). The sea was so calm (and dark), there were no waves, no wind, and it was nice and warm. We just waded a bit, being smart in only going as far as we could stand, before eventually coming back home

anyways I got back from the beach not long ago (at 10pm, we decided it would be a good idea to go). The sea was so calm (and dark), there were no waves, no wind, and it was nice and warm. We just waded a bit, being smart in only going as far as we could stand, before eventually coming back home

Awww ! Noice Bex :original:

I can hear the sea from my Verandah atm .... so I figure there must be waves here ... :wink2::naughty:

Hi Biancs ! West Coast Blues & Roots will have the biggest & most amazing line-up .... .... IMO ....

Hmmm, but all those are just ones I want to see a little bit, but the other ones are all ones I desperately want to see. Like John Butler is doing a fund raiser in Freo for $30 and I wouldn't pay $30 to see just him, but I would to see the Grates or AIH or something...

That would be nice!! :punk:

Everyone is free to come to the festival! Tickets aren't sold out yet!

Celebrating your youth?

Hmm, yes, my last day as a teenager! :crybaby:

Any idea how many people got an interview? Whoop! Whoop! You'll do it!

No, but I found out about the opening through a uni email that was sent to all vet students :naughty: And there is a massive freaking job shortage atm :blink:

*pbs* See how much we love you! Strange thing that I sent them off on different days :blink:.

Yes, I thought that, and then they came bundled up together. It amused me.

Rod Thomas. Easy. :woot_jump:

(And Hugh and Luke and Paul and Hugh *faints* *massively fangirls*)

*fangirls*

Another good point

True! I was just amazed by it! They had a free bus service from the station to the site and bus services back (I had to walk in Reading and it wasnt really close) and so much more of that convenience service stuff! No idea if they do this everywhere though :smth:.

We have that you get free public transport with almost all festivals here :naughty:

Yes, I thought that, and then they came bundled up together. It amused me.

It is... scary. So you might have to wait for all your birthday cards until mine arrives :naughty:.

We have that you get free public transport with almost all festivals here :naughty:

:sneaky2:

Heeeyyyy everyone, who thinks Rod Thomas is awesome? Everyone?! Woah, don't all get so excited!

His video for Same Old Lines was nominated for this "Best Ukelele Video" awards, sooooo it would be fantastic if you went over here and voted! http://ukulelehunt.com/2009/01/28/ukulele-video-of-the-year-2008-your-vote/

I mean .. you can vote for whichever YOU think is the best ... but you KNOW it's Rod, right? :das:

But just incase you're not convinced, here's the proof, obviously: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XV8Po-APdpo

:naughty: You bought a Ukelele yet Biancs ??

You know you want to .... :naughty:

Mine only cost $30 & is a reputable brand ... it's a .... *goes to look* ..... 'Mahalo' ... I bought it locally (at a shop in my tiny town) & friends who play Ukes say that it's a good one ! :original:

'Tis verra easy to play ... (tho' I haven't played mine in a while :blush-anim-cl: ) ... might get you a tad closer to this 'Rob' person ??!!

:wink2:

You bought a Ukelele yet Biancs ??

You know you want to .... :naughty:

Mine only cost $30 & is a reputable brand ... it's a .... *goes to look* ..... 'Mahalo' ... I bought it locally (at a shop in my tiny town) & friends who play Ukes say that it's a good one ! :original:

'Tis verra easy to play ... (tho' I haven't played mine in a while :blush-anim-cl: ) ... might get you a tad closer to this 'Rob' person ??!!

:wink2:

His name is ROD!!!! :mad3::naughty:

No I haven't :naughty: I have been "going to" several times though. But my current rule is that I will buy one as soon as I find out that centrelink will still count me as a full time student on 2/3 load, OR if I get a job. I've seen someone selling instruments selling them for $20 at the Fremantle markets, but hmm, I never even considered there would be "brand name" ukeleles. Was your's from a music shop?