The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His name is ROD!!!! :mad3::naughty:

No I haven't :naughty: I have been "going to" several times though. But my current rule is that I will buy one as soon as I find out that centrelink will still count me as a full time student on 2/3 load, OR if I get a job. I've seen someone selling instruments selling them for $20 at the Fremantle markets, but hmm, I never even considered there would be "brand name" ukeleles. Was your's from a music shop?

Hahhaahaha !! Rod/Rob ....pffttt ... :rolls_eyes: No .. just from a funky gift shop ... but the owner is a bit of a muso ...

Can you play actual songs on it? Oh you sooo have to record that and show me! :biggrin2:

Uuuumm ... I have learnt to play a few, yes ! Rest assured ... 'tis sooo easy !

And no ... no recordings, youtubes blablabla etc. (grrr ... already told you that about the acting ... pfft ! :naughty:)

If/when you get one ... I can tell you about a few GREAT net sites that are verra helpful ... there is also a little book which is kinda like a 'new Uke players' bible ... lemme know when you have it ! :wink2:

Hahhaahaha !! Rod/Rob ....pffttt ... :rolls_eyes: No .. just from a funky gift shop ... but the owner is a bit of a muso ...

Uuuumm ... I have learnt to play a few, yes ! Rest assured ... 'tis sooo easy !

And no ... no recordings, youtubes blablabla etc. (grrr ... already told you that about the acting ... pfft ! :naughty:)

If/when you get one ... I can tell you about a few GREAT net sites that are verra helpful ... there is also a little book which is kinda like a 'new Uke players' bible ... lemme know when you have it ! :wink2:

Hmmm, okay :original:

Pffffffffffffffffffft :naughty: Okay :naughty:

This must be a really stupid question - but is a ukelele like a miniature guitar? Can you play guitar songs on one?

Hmmm, okay :original:

Pffffffffffffffffffft :naughty: Okay :naughty:

This must be a really stupid question - but is a ukelele like a miniature guitar? Can you play guitar songs on one?

Not a stupid question at all !!

I don't play guitar (yet) ... but a standard guitar has 6 strings ... & a Uke has 4 strings ... so they are diff. ....but, in a way similar ... the principles are the same ... they have strings & frets & you play chords on them & pluck ... just as you would a guitar ... so, for example ... having learned a bit on the uke ... I now feel more comfy to have another go on a guitar ... they are verra user friendly ... & yes, you can play guitar songs on a uke ! :thumb_yello:

Not a stupid question at all !!

I don't play guitar (yet) ... but a standard guitar has 6 strings ... & a Uke has 4 strings ... so they are diff. ....but, in a way similar ... the principles are the same ... they have strings & frets & you play chords on them & pluck ... just as you would a guitar ... so, for example ... having learned a bit on the uke ... I now feel more comfy to have another go on a guitar ... they are verra user friendly ... & yes, you can play guitar songs on a uke ! :thumb_yello:

Ooooh, okay, awesome! Wow, you are like a ukelele expert! *worships you* :bow:

Now if you're wondering why it took me 40 minutes to reply to that, I was occupying myself in one of the many pointless ways I occupy myself at 3am on a Thursday night. Reading back on this thread :naughty: I don't even remember why. But the point is, I noticed an anomoly. Well, not so much an anomly, but more a 'why the hell did twatty delete her post'???

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17518&highlight=rod+thomas&page=115

???

Ooooh, okay, awesome! Wow, you are like a ukelele expert! *worships you* :bow:

Naaaah - Uh !!! *does not receive this particular worship moment* :naughty:

Now if you're wondering why it took me 40 minutes to reply to that, I was occupying myself in one of the many pointless ways I occupy myself at 3am on a Thursday night. Reading back on this thread :naughty: I don't even remember why. But the point is, I noticed an anomoly. Well, not so much an anomly, but more a 'why the hell did twatty delete her post'???

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17518&highlight=rod+thomas&page=115

???

Hahahah !!! I dunno ... either ... :blink::giveup:

Naaaah - Uh !!! *does not receive this particular worship moment* :naughty:

*worships you for the Kooks tshirt tip* :bow: :bow:

:naughty:

Hahahah !!! I dunno ... either ... :blink::giveup:

I know right! I don't get it!

Petra's temporary internet files folder magically collected some really awesome Rod Thomas live videos that I have just been cutting and converting to mp3s. Awesomeeeeee! :biggrin2:

*worships you for the Kooks tshirt tip* :bow:

I know right! I don't get it!

Petra's temporary internet files folder magically collected some really awesome Rod Thomas live videos that I have just been cutting and converting to mp3s. Awesomeeeeee! :biggrin2:

Okay ... okay ... *accepts worship for the t-shirt tip* (oh, & btw ... how kewl & aloof were you then ... btw ... huh, huh ?? :roftl:) (like ... what me ? A free t-shirt of the Kooks ... uummm, aahhh ... gee, I dunno ?? Oh, well, if you insist ?? ) :naughty:

Now ..... the Rob/d Thomas ...

Oh, Only a matter of time before Silver outposts me. :blink:

:naughty:I'm aiming for the top of the year :mf_rosetinted:

anyways I got back from the beach not long ago (at 10pm, we decided it would be a good idea to go). The sea was so calm (and dark), there were no waves, no wind, and it was nice and warm. We just waded a bit, being smart in only going as far as we could stand, before eventually coming back home

Are you sure you were in the right place?:roftl:

Ever? Really? No fair!

Yep! There is no career field that I am remotely interested in that would require Math 12, so I am done! WOOOOOO!

(And I got 95% on the final :naughty:)

I love Vampire Weekend.

A lot.

Hmmm, but all those are just ones I want to see a little bit, but the other ones are all ones I desperately want to see. Like John Butler is doing a fund raiser in Freo for $30 and I wouldn't pay $30 to see just him, but I would to see the Grates or AIH or something...

John Butler??! I wanna gooooooo!

Why can't his Trio be more famous so they can do gigs outside of Aus? :sneaky2:

A ukulele has 4 strings, and a guitar has 6. The strings on a ukulele are the same as the 4 highest ones of a guitar, I believe, just in a weird order...I guess you could but the fingering would be different.

???

Anomaly*

*pbs*

:naughty:I'm aiming for the top of the year :mf_rosetinted:

Are you sure you were in the right place?:roftl:

Yep..

But then my beach is in a bay, so we only ever get small waves, largish when its really windy.

When there's no wind, there's no waves until the tide turns back in (it was low tide when we went, and it began turning ft small waves just after we got out)

I don't know how anyone could do that.... its just sickening to think about

I don't know how a sane person could do it.. But this guy is not sane. There's probably alot of very sad details we don't know about that have happened prior to this event. :sad:

Okay ... okay ... *accepts worship for the t-shirt tip* (oh, & btw ... how kewl & aloof were you then ... btw ... huh, huh ?? ) (like ... what me ? A free t-shirt of the Kooks ... uummm, aahhh ... gee, I dunno ?? Oh, well, if you insist ?? )

Now ..... the Rob/d Thomas ...

Yep! There is no career field that I am remotely interested in that would require Math 12, so I am done! WOOOOOO!

(And I got 95% on the final )

Oh good work! That's the same as me, I dropped down to the lowest possible maths in year 12 (we HAVE to do maths though, no fair :sneaky2:), I had to FIGHT with the head of maths for so long to be able to do it, he wouldn't let me because I was too good at maths that it would be unfair or something! Bastard! Yuck, why would anyone want to do maths?

I love Vampire Weekend.

A lot.

Ahhh, I know right! I only discovered them like last week :naughty: And they are total dorks, it's so cool.

John Butler??! I wanna gooooooo!

Why can't his Trio be more famous so they can do gigs outside of Aus?

Outside of Fremantle, you mean? *worships the few artists Perth actually had that stay here and don't run off over east*

But all he ever does is stupid charity functions where it's people sitting around tables sipping champagne and he is up on a stage far away from you and it doesn't sound like it would be all that fun :boxed: And I'm not sure if he even does JBT songs when he's solo, and I don't know anything else :naughty:

A ukulele has 4 strings, and a guitar has 6. The strings on a ukulele are the same as the 4 highest ones of a guitar, I believe, just in a weird order...I guess you could but the fingering would be different.

Hmmmm. So learning ukelele would be confusing for progressing to guitar? (Oh god, what am I doing, I don't need more impossible goals)

Anomaly*

*pbs*

Licence* :naughty:

which reminds me, can someone pass me the hot poker to gauge my eyes?

*attempts to hand you poker, but has difficulty, now that she has no eyes either :boxed:*

Oh and did anyone hear about this this morning

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24978767-421,00.html

Some people are just.... *doesn't have the words to describe right now* but not right

OMGWTF

I'm melting.. it's 43 degrees and I just discovered my ankles do in fact swell up and become painful in the heat. And after reading the 7 day forecast, I don't think I'll be going anywhere for the next week. :boxed:

Argh, I'd forgotten how tiring school can be. But I got awesome teachers! :biggrin2:

Night Night Sarah!!! Try to keep in the shade tomorrow.

Well I went into the library at lunch because I couldn't stand being outside anymore. I think it got to 43 degrees today which was horrible. Thank God my school has air conditioning.

It's supposed to be 47 degrees this Sunday here! :shocked:

Okay!

Really?? :blink: But ... we turn 17 in year 12 here. You should have moved to WA, you'd finish school a year earlier :naughty:

I'm yet to take pictures. I'll get around to it soon. I so badly want to have a nap/NTS attack but I know that if I do I'll be up late tonight. Grr.

Finishing school a year early seems like an attractive prospect at the moment. When we walked into our first Physics lesson the teacher made us do all of these relatively difficult maths equations. If he'd asked me to do them at the end of last year I might have managed, but not after two months of holidays!

Argh, I'd forgotten how tiring school can be. But I got awesome teachers! :biggrin2:

Well I went into the library at lunch because I couldn't stand being outside anymore. I think it got to 43 degrees today which was horrible. Thank God my school has air conditioning.

It's supposed to be 47 degrees this Sunday here! :shocked:

I'm yet to take pictures. I'll get around to it soon. I so badly want to have a nap/NTS attack but I know that if I do I'll be up late tonight. Grr.

Finishing school a year early seems like an attractive prospect at the moment. When we walked into our first Physics lesson the teacher made us do all of these relatively difficult maths equations. If he'd asked me to do them at the end of last year I might have managed, but not after two months of holidays!

:shocked: WTH!! *faints*

What is an NTS attack?